Odd Future Won’t Compromise Music for Money

most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
170 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #61
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,503 | Props total: 9798 9798
 antoniob 321 said:
who is the jet age exactly
“The Jet Age Of Tomorrow” is a Funk/Electronic production team/band from Atlanta, Ga hailing from the collective OFWGKTA. Also known as “The Super 3” the band consist of bestfriends Matt Martians & Pyramid Vritra. They’ve released 2 albums “Voyager” & “Journey To The 5th Echelon”, both of which have received good reviews from critics and blogs alike.

[video - click to view]

*lights up*

*Zones Out*
 04-11-2011, 04:04 AM         #62
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LS2GOAT said:
There music fu*kin sucks point blank,lets not talk about them like their creative or good.Seems when some1 sounds weird or bad they have a following that claim they are creative or unique...they suck face it /thread.
and u got erry right to have yo opinion on they art...

but n*ggas is takin a simple statement & gittin emotional like hoes. all da boy sayin is that he aint finna compromise his artistic vision (however u feel about it) just to git scratch. why yall n*ggas so lawry's bout that?
 7 years ago '08        #63
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 Jacc Blacc said:
they make shock rap, their music is contrived, forced, and un-authentic..........compromise their music???? their entire style is fraudlent no different then any other shock rapper who says things just for the shock value whether thats LIL B or Odd Future
we can say the same about you. You make shock posts, your posts are contrived, forced and un-authentic... so shut your bitter hatin a.ss up...

Last edited by supervillain; 04-11-2011 at 06:53 AM..
 04-11-2011, 06:57 AM         #64
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas is mad as hell that a weird n*gga is blowing up while they in their bedroom studio still rapping like Lil Wayne over fake Drumma Boy beats on their 130 dollar mic.
 7 years ago '07        #65
YUNGONNA 15 heat pts15
space
space
$1,168 | Props total: 147 147
 davilla24c said:
They now have my respect :cool-smiley-009:
Same Here
 04-11-2011, 08:01 AM         #66
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just don't get how people think they rap about nothing? and everything is bullsh*t? i mean do you people only hear a word and block out everything else? Listen to the album with true ears there are themes throughout the entire thing. Tyler's album is called Bastard for god's sake. Not because "it's a dirty word and it'll shock everyone." its because a huge recurring theme of the album is fatherless kids, so by definition that's exactly what he is. There's themes of "Out with the old, in with the New" themes of Punk, themes of Anarchy etc. (this explains all the "shock rap" it's anarchy on record, just look at their concert shows)

See these are the dumb n*ggas incapable of abstract thought. They need everything laid out for them. Just look at mainstream country music. The most uncreative lyric heavy music there is out today. They write out in literal form exactly what they are talking about during the song. No guessing. No brain function needed, they're literately telling you what the song is about. There's this in all genres of course, but its very obvious in country music.

THAT sh*t is retarded IMO, that sh*t is boring to listen to. And I equate this with how typical backpack rap is nowadays. I ain't gonna lie, I was an underground head, I went through that phase, just like some of yall youngins are probably doing right now. But when I listen to even Bun B sometimes I cringe at some of the flat out literal explanations on things when he could of went about it a clever and creative way (this is why Nas is so revered) Don't get me wrong, UGK is my sh*t and Bun does get creative, but I'm just speaking on an example that popped into my head recently. This is most rappers actually. But if they can say it a certain way it still sounds good, depends on their skill

Last edited by Got Cheeve?; 04-11-2011 at 08:04 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #67
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,755 | Props total: 3695 3695
Label head thinks - Lil b starts organic movement... makes money... doesn't sign with my label.
What to do ... hmmm.....

1) Find Obscure rap group of black guys going nowhere with their rap careers...
2) Creates grass roots movement for created rap collective placing rap collective on "independent" quasi major label with label management running the shop taking direction from the label.
3) Create internet precense like other popular internet rapper, but take a step further providing funding for videos and performances on late night tv.
3) Rap collective gains fans who think they have "discovered" rap collective. Hope fans don't do research or collective's funding.
4)???????
5) Profit
 04-11-2011, 08:26 AM         #68
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
u trying to tell me that those low budget videos for "French" and "Earl" and "VCR" and etc. were funded by a label?

they built their own buzz on the internet just like Lil B, then that dude who used to work at Interscope who quit the labels got showed them one time by a friend and he caught the bug again and is bringing them into the game with his old connects

I think I'm convinced ya'll are mad a 20 year old and under group of kids are doing their thing and you're not only way to explain the anger
 7 years ago '06        #69
space
space
space
 Got Cheeve? said:
u trying to tell me that those low budget videos for "French" and "Earl" and "VCR" and etc. were funded by a label?

they built their own buzz on the internet just like Lil B, then that dude who used to work at Interscope who quit the labels got showed them one time by a friend and he caught the bug again and is bringing them into the game with his old connects

I think I'm convinced ya'll are mad a 20 year old and under group of kids are doing their thing and you're not only way to explain the anger
YES.. im trying to tell you you are being spoon fed a grassroots movement... not saying they are CB4 bad... but definately not as organic as you would like to believe.

i think tis another thread someone made recently breaking down teh relationship between thascope and this group.

no one gets to do late night shows overnight btw....
 7 years ago '10        #70
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,887 | Props total: 21057 21057
 sunsetnVine said:
YES.. im trying to tell you you are being spoon fed a grassroots movement... not saying they are CB4 bad... but definately not as organic as you would like to believe.

i think tis another thread someone made recently breaking down teh relationship between thascope and this group.

no one gets to do late night shows overnight btw....

Wow.....you are a sad man.

You can't even let these dudes have their shine, can't even congratulate some 17 yr olds for being on the grind for a couple years, working hard then just blowing the fu*k up because of the response from the fans & viewers.

You need help.
 7 years ago '04        #71
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,425 | Props total: 6454 6454
i dont even know what to think of these guys. from the few songs i heard from tyler he isn't really saying anything but im not gonna fully judge him until i hear that goblin album. i liked the frank ocean tape. i haven't been interested enough to listen to the rest of them. i know their fans go overboard though
 7 years ago '07        #72
Inspekthis05 4 heat pts
space
space
$646 | Props total: 356 356
 Jacc Blacc said:
another odd world dikkryder.........its so sick how quick dudes jump on a bandwagon, you the same type of clown that was rocking g-unit bra straps screaming "gggggg-gunit" when a year prior you were front seat at a murder inc concert

their music is forced......face it
Can we say someone just got eithered?
 7 years ago '06        #73
space
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Wow.....you are a sad man.

You can't even let these dudes have their shine, can't even congratulate some 17 yr olds for being on the grind for a couple years, working hard then just blowing the fu*k up because of the response from the fans & viewers.

You need help.
They can shine all day homie... not hating on anyones grind.. just calling a spade a spade.

other than that satanic shyt... icgaf about what numbers they do.

this is an interscope project.. period. They can't sell records any other way so they want to make fans feel like they discovered the next big thing in hopes it will guilt them into buying albums again.

Now if i was hating... i would say ICP, Aesop rock, EL-p or can ox wants their flow back...

thats if i was hating... but im not..
 04-11-2011, 10:46 AM         #74
yeaaahbenn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i been tryna listen to their sh*t, see what they got. this n*gga tyler nd earl can kinda flow. i just cant fu*k wit the weird sh*t they be sayin/portrayin. thass juss me dough. i respect wha they tryna do and how they aint tryna sell out.
 7 years ago '07        #75
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,414 | Props total: 16130 16130
this kid tyler maybe he was jokin, but didn't he say he wanted to sell out or somethin? Didn't he want to be some pop star? I don't think they make club music or pop music for that matter right? How on earth does he expect gangsters and pop fans to buy his isht?
 7 years ago '07        #76
space
space
 sunsetnVine said:
They can shine all day homie... not hating on anyones grind.. just calling a spade a spade.

other than that satanic shyt... icgaf about what numbers they do.

this is an interscope project.. period. They can't sell records any other way so they want to make fans feel like they discovered the next big thing in hopes it will guilt them into buying albums again.

Now if i was hating... i would say ICP, Aesop rock, EL-p or can ox wants their flow back...

thats if i was hating... but im not..
thak you... this isht they doin is nothin new
 7 years ago '07        #77
Chief|m 55 heat pts55
space
space
$22,359 | Props total: 2070 2070
 Inspekthis05 said:
Can we say someone just got eithered?
 04-11-2011, 11:39 AM         #78
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Is it just me...or is this NOT smart at all....

"I’d rather be broke than have to rap over the same chord progressions as everyone else.”

lmao @ Wiz selling out. I bet that's one thing he doesn't have to hear when he wants to buy something.
 7 years ago '06        #79
"SS" 28 heat pts28
space
space
$10,241 | Props total: 4830 4830
all rappers say the same sh*t...until the check is put in their face. And also i cant wait to see the backlash they get once they are signed and start becoming mainstream. U know n*ggas around here hate when their favorite artist goes mainstream. Well let me be the first to say it before they take their talents on a more national level. Them n*ggas are terrible now and will probably always be terrible
 7 years ago '07        #80
space
space
yea these labels don't want to sign them for their creativity lol. They want to capitalize on their little buzz til it fizzles cause the pop culture most likely will not embrace this.. as much as they embraced kudi for example he has pretty much disappeared from that scene. and they remade day N night into a techno joint lol
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
14 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
53 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
105 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy