9th Wonder: "I'd Rather Ashley Judd Just Called Me A N*gger, That'd Of Cut To The Chase"

most viewed right now
 NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA NBA GMs vote Wolves star Towns best player to build around - Is it still t..
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
142 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #101
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
lol you know the girl told him to swipe that between her a.ss right?
Huh?

where that question come from?
 7 years ago '05        #102
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 I'm The Dan said:
I don't want to get into it, but I will say this one thing.

As I was talking about in another thread not too long ago, this is what I mean by people being sensitive. Some white girl, that has NOTHING to do with hip hop, says something (that she feels is true.. and partial true -- lets be honest) and there is a sh*t storm.

WHY do you/they care so damn much about what she says? HONESTLY, it's getting to the point where anything negative said will make you start crying.

If someone would have said something about Ashley Judd's acting career, do you think she, or her fans, would be all crying right now about it? I don't think so... let it go.
Yeah they probably would. To think or a.ssume they wouldn't is stupid on your part. Also you ask why do you/they care because Judd made it a point to single out an entire music genre and named a couple of artists along with it without much thought and put it in her book for no reason. So instead of asking why we care why does SHE care so much about hip hop and enough to put it in her book. For what reason did she have to even go there. I know the same reason you think we shouldn't care so much about what she said. Do me and others a favor and stop trying to tell us how to think and how to react.
 7 years ago '04        #103
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
The term "rape culture" is weird anyway... it doesn't necessarily mean she's talking about actual r*pe... she could mean that rap music is violently detrimental to the culture it represents, and the larger culture it affects... you could call that r*pe... and she wouldn't be so wrong in saying that.

The comment, by itself, could mean a lot of things, and it's silly of people as smart as 9th, Phonte, and Quest, to take it at face value, with no context, and make judgments on a person's character.. especially when that person has done a LOT in causes directly in contrast to how they chose to view her.
 7 years ago '05        #104
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 TizOnly1 said:
The term "rape culture" is weird anyway... it doesn't necessarily mean she's talking about actual r*pe... she could mean that rap music is violently detrimental to the culture it represents, and the larger culture it affects... you could call that r*pe... and she wouldn't be so wrong in saying that.

The comment, by itself, could mean a lot of things, and it's silly of people as smart as 9th, Phonte, and Quest, to take it at face value, with no context, and make judgments on a person's character.. especially when that person has done a LOT in causes directly in contrast to how they chose to view her.
Im about to p!ss some folks off but u bought up a great point about the term "rape culture"....

We all gone act like record labels aint "Raping" artist???
 7 years ago '10        #105
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 TizOnly1 said:

she could mean this and she could mean that? you've gotta be kidding me. so you are siding with her without knowing exactly what she meant by it? and then you have the audacity to call 9th wonder silly.
 7 years ago '04        #106
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,382 | Props total: 6408 6408
 ronin said:
Im about to p!ss some folks off but u bought up a great point about the term "rape culture"....

We all gone act like record labels aint "Raping" artist???
don't even try to flip it into that
 7 years ago '09        #107
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,300 | Props total: 7949 7949
 StateProperty88 said:
no im not saying judd does that..r
do you think alot of rap music glorifies voilence, put a positive spin on selling drugs, and degrades women..........yes or no???

you havent answered this question
 7 years ago '04        #108
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 ondatpurple said:
she could mean this and she could mean that? you've gotta be kidding me. so you are siding with her without knowing exactly what she meant by it? and then you have the audacity to call 9th wonder silly.
I'm not siding with anybody.

I'm choosing to not get worked up over something being said, when I don't know what was really meant by the comments... nor do I care. What kind of a fu*k do I give about Ashley Judd's opinion on hip-hop. When I'm looking for new music, I don't go to Ashley Judd for recommendations.

I'm disappointed that guys I generally think are smart, are acting so immature as to make a generalization about a person they don't know, based on comments they can't possibly fully understand, without context... especially when a 30 second Google search can tell you she isn't a racist.
 7 years ago '05        #109
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 justinjones said:
don't even try to flip it into that
im saying though,

all joking side. i just wanted to make a quick joke.
 7 years ago '08        #110
Young Buck 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 333 333
 YoungGQ said:
i don't get what n*ggas is mad bout. she made an ignorant, generalized statement solely based off the limited view of hip hop she has. that's it. that's all. fu*k is Ashley Judd, anyway?
But just like Ashley Judd, others have that same limited view of hip hop. "It's all about hos and k!lling". I literally corrected a professor at my college for saying that stupid sh*t.

I told this man, "What artists have you listened to?", he says "Waka flocka and some dude named Boosie", so I'm staring at him and saying, "Is that all?", he says "Yeah" and I laughed and said, "You have a very small mind, if you listened to TWO rappers and based an entire genre on them, those two aren't even hip hop. Hip Hop are artists like "MF Doom, The Roots and De La Soul, look up what hip hop is and listen to it and talk to me again". He did what I told him and apologized for his statement. I will not be a house negro when sh*t like that happens. I literally hate when people do not know what they're talking about. Especially when it's about Blacks in general. I can go Malcolm X on some folks
 04-10-2011, 03:34 PM         #111
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tsukuyomi said:
I'm well aware of that fact, but no where did 9th Wonder make that explicitly clear.

But since we're studying his word usage here, let's examine this quote from 9th Wonder. "I'd rather Ashley Judd just called me a ******, that'd of cut to the chase".

"That'd of cut to the chase" makes it sound as though 9th Wonder believes Ashley Judd's r*pe culture comment was a soft way for her to publicly voice her racist views. She should've just called me a '******' because that's what she meant. That implies Ashley is a racist.

HotepSuns said:
i don't think 9th's point when saying he wishes she would have just called him a n*gga had anything to do with him thinking she's racist....it's just that her comment was so stereotypical,and ignorant....she might as well just called him a n*gga,and been done with it...instead of trying to intellectualize her ignorance...

7 years ago '05        #112
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 Young Buck said:
But just like Ashley Judd, others have that same limited view of hip hop. "It's all about hos and k!lling". I literally corrected a professor at my college for saying that stupid sh*t.

I told this man, "What artists have you listened to?", he says "Waka flocka and some dude named Boosie", so I'm staring at him and saying, "Is that all?", he says "Yeah" and I laughed and said, "You have a very small mind, if you listened to TWO rappers and based an entire genre on them, those two aren't even hip hop. Hip Hop are artists like "MF Doom, The Roots and De La Soul, look up what hip hop is and listen to it and talk to me again". He did what I told him and apologized for his statement. I will not be a house negro when sh*t like that happens. I literally hate when people do not know what they're talking about. Especially when it's about Blacks in general. I can go Malcolm X on some folks
But Malcolm X wasn't no cop

lmao, all joking aside. Props on being man enough to correct your professor, i know some kats who wouldn't
 7 years ago '05        #113
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
 Jacc Blacc said:
do you think alot of rap music glorifies voilence, put a positive spin on selling drugs, and degrades women..........yes or no???

you havent answered this question
yeah some of rap does but guess what SO DO MOVIES and yet she feels the need to comment on rap and shy away from criticising her profession THAT DOES THE SAME THING...how does that not bother you at all? how is that not hypocrisy?

does hollywood partake in misogyny?

i answered your question...now answer mine
 04-10-2011, 03:37 PM         #114
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TizOnly1 said:
I'm not siding with anybody.

I'm choosing to not get worked up over something being said, when I don't know what was really meant by the comments... nor do I care. What kind of a fu*k do I give about Ashley Judd's opinion on hip-hop. When I'm looking for new music, I don't go to Ashley Judd for recommendations.

I'm disappointed that guys I generally think are smart, are acting so immature as to make a generalization about a person they don't know, based on comments they can't possibly fully understand, without context... especially when a 30 second Google search can tell you she isn't a racist.

you're not using the context that was given...she is linking s3xual abuse with the "rape culture" she see's hip hop as promoting...you act like there wasn't enough context there to know exactly what she was talking about...the only way you could not know is if you are choosing to ignore the obvious..
 7 years ago '04        #115
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
you're not using the context that was given...she is linking s3xual abuse with the "rape culture" she see's hip hop as promoting...you act like there wasn't enough context there to know exactly what she was talking about...the only way you could not know is if you are choosing to ignore the obvious..
this

she could of just left it with "insanely abusive lyrics and depictions of girls and women as 'ho's' - is the contemporary soundtrack of misogyny."

why the fuk would she say r*pe culture for

also its in a damn book. nobody that read the sh!t before hand didn't mention to her to change her wording?
 7 years ago '04        #116
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
No.... you're just using the word "rape" to draw a parallel between her actual s3xual abuse, and hip hop's disrespect of women.

She clearly says she thinks the art is misogynistic. I think, if you're not a complete dumbfu*k, you have to agree with that.

The art form being misogynistic can be part of what makes it a culture that r*pes it's larger culture (the culture of poor, Black people in America.... and at this point, American culture on the whole). Misogyny... glorification of selling drugs... k!lling... crabs in a barrel bullsh*t... that all "rapes" the culture.

Again... her use of the word "rape" can definitely incite a certain reaction... but I don't think there's enough context to say that she means physical r*pe, when she says "rape culture", just from that little excerpt.
 04-10-2011, 03:48 PM         #117
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Honestly, have we even considered the notion that her making that statement for the sake of selling her book? Because in all honesty, I had not heard anything about her writing a book until this statement came out? Just saying, because uneducated or not on hip-hop, she is smart enough to know that making such a blanketed statement would take on a life of it's on smh.
 7 years ago '07        #118
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
How come no one ever complain about movies?
 7 years ago '04        #119
space
space
 carltouss619 said:
How come no one ever complain about movies?
because its considered "art" when its blatantly wrong
 7 years ago '09        #120
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,300 | Props total: 7949 7949
 StateProperty88 said:
yeah some of rap does but guess what SO DO MOVIES
why are you bringing movies into the factor...we're talking about rap music......and 'some', most of mainstream rap does

edit:

but what was your previous question??
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
51 comments
18 hours ago