9th Wonder: "I'd Rather Ashley Judd Just Called Me A N*gger, That'd Of Cut To The Chase"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
78 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
129 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #81
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
 Jacc Blacc said:
this is where you fall short, i consistently say i disagree with the r*pe statement but if you dont agree about alot of rap music glorifying violence, drugs, and degrading woman then you dont see what respected rappers like nas, krs 1, and common been saying

you guys are really gonna act like 2 or 3 years ago there was a whole "lets fix hiphop and make it less demeaning" type movement created by black people who felt rap was too negative

like i said, i dont agree with everything she says but lets no pretend like all of it is bs
you completely missed my point if this is what you got out of it. my point is how are you saying its fine to sh*t on something else that her HERSELF is a part of in another avenue? she works in hollywood and wants to sh*t on rap for misogony...thats the pinnacle of hypocrisy which is apparently permissible to you
 7 years ago '05        #82
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
 StoopidVillinz said:
bullsh*t..i can see if she said this referring to 90's rap...but c'mon son look whos the poster boy and girl for rap today drake and nicki..but besides that..every genre of music has its dark side quest love having one of the best examples johnny cash referring to country music
How is my comment you quoted bullsh*t when you just said "Look whos the poster boy and girl for rap today drake and nicki" is that not what I was speaking on???
 7 years ago '09        #83
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,300 | Props total: 7949 7949
 ondatpurple said:
its funny how the ronin or jacc blacc characters had nothin to say about my eminem point.
1. she named artist that were involved in the same charity she was involved in....

2. she said rap music makes negative music.......eminem is part of rap music...yes or no??? so if anything your making her point even more valid

3. did i not name eminem as one of the rappers who make music like this

Jacc Blacc said:

lets keep it real........rap music has alot of negative aspects, and alot of the music is pretty destructive when you look at it.....and you prove that by saying "wait....rock n roll is bad too" your not even defending or saying rap music isnt filled with degrading undertones, you skipped that all together and just said "rock music is just as bad"

i will say this though, not all rappers degrade women, not all rappers talk about selling crack to their own people, not all rappers talk about murdering people for 'snitching" but alot of it does and im not saying all the black rappers, im talking black rappers, white rappers, asian rapper, hispanic rappers, all of them

eminem talks about r*pem sodemy, and murder, and makes alot of shock records so he's also one of the people doing it

your problem is your acting like just because em is white that she aint talking about him, she's talking about all of these rappers...........and eminem is easily the highest selling and one of the most respected rappers worldwide..........so like i said, you are making her point even more valid
 7 years ago '04        #84
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,373 | Props total: 6392 6392
 TizOnly1 said:
This whole thing is a joke.

Mainstream rap culture is what she is talking about... underground doesn't matter, since that has no real influence on the culture at large... mainstream rap culture is mysogonistic, and has been that way since the beginning of rap. Be real.

Not all rap is the same.. not even all mainstream rap, but you are completely lying to yourself if you say some bullsh*t like rap doesn't reinforce mysogonistic views.

Ashley Judd brought up Snoop Dogg... n*gga, I can name songs off the top of my head that reinforce her view. "Ain't No Fun" (RIP Nate Dogg), by itself, proves her point. bi*ches ain't sh*t but hos and tricks... come on... be real.

These are songs that I love... I can run off Ain't No Fun word for word... but in all honesty... it's a song that wouldn't exist in polite society. The sh*t is CLEARLY reinforcing the disrespect of women.

I don't have a problem with the music... our generation has largely been desensitized to a lot of that stuff... but I can't knock somebody, especially somebody that has been a victim of s3xual abuse, for not being desensitized.

In her quote, I don't see her blaming it all on rap... the quote just only talks about rap. For all I know, she probably dislikes mysogony in all forms... just because we only saw a quote about rap, doesn't mean she doesn't feel the same way about other forms of it.

And yeah... Ashely Judd does mad sh*t for poor people, and people of color all over the world.

I'm disappointed that people as smart as 9th and Phonte are attacking this woman, for one quote, without real context... when they are obviously ignorant of who she is, as a person.

Yeah.. she needs to control her message better, because it can get easily construed as something else... but 9th strikes me as normally level-headed... and it's dumb that he doesn't even bother to check out who a person is, before demonizing them over one quote, out of context.

that ignorant woman should of picked a better word than r*pe. saying who are these rappers to help out a because they come from a "rape culture" is enough context for somebody to go off on.i know she can't be that damn dumb to call it that and think everything was going to be ok
 7 years ago '09        #85
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
you completely missed my point if this is what you got out of it. my point is how are you saying its fine to sh*t on something else that her HERSELF is a part of in another avenue? she works in hollywood and wants to sh*t on rap for misogony...thats the pinnacle of hypocrisy which is apparently permissible to you
are you saying ashley judd has based her life on making money and creating films that degrade women???? if not then your argument is baseless, its almost as if you want to call her a hypocrite but last time i remember i havent seen ashley judd in a video pouring champagne on bi*ches and swiping credit cards down their arse

lets get to the main point..............answer it the best you can

do you think alot of rap music glorifies voilence, put a positive spin on selling drugs, and degrades women..........yes or no???
 04-10-2011, 03:11 PM         #86
proof1984 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I want to r*pe this bi*ch
 04-10-2011, 03:11 PM         #87
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tsukuyomi said:
"It is proof positive that racism is some form or fashion still exists in dealing with Ashley Judds comments"

Sounds pretty clear to me @ Hotep

saying her comments are rooted in racism,is not calling her a racist....people who are not racist make racist comments all the time...racism can be used as a tool,and often is...and not necessarily by someone who is racist....but when people use hip hop as the stereotypical scapegoat for all of americas social ills it is rooted in racism...there is no other way to explain it...
 04-10-2011, 03:11 PM         #88
5knuckleshuffle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
She coulda made her point witout labeling a whole culture "rape culture" tha is a disrespect to any hiphop artist tha dunt fall under tha category...she put this sh*t in a book in a mafu*kin book! tha speaks volumes alone, she obviously believes rap culture as a whole is "RAPE" culture i dunt care wtf she say or backtracks from this moment on or if she eat lunch wit russell simmons, she still feel tha way or she wouldnt of wrote it!
 7 years ago '05        #89
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 Jacc Blacc said:
but last time i remember i havent seen ashley judd in a video pouring champagne on bi*ches and swiping credit cards down their arse
lol truth!

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #90
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 TizOnly1 said:
This whole thing is a joke.

Mainstream rap culture is what she is talking about... underground doesn't matter, since that has no real influence on the culture at large... mainstream rap culture is mysogonistic, and has been that way since the beginning of rap. Be real.

Not all rap is the same.. not even all mainstream rap, but you are completely lying to yourself if you say some bullsh*t like rap doesn't reinforce mysogonistic views.

Ashley Judd brought up Snoop Dogg... n*gga, I can name songs off the top of my head that reinforce her view. "Ain't No Fun" (RIP Nate Dogg), by itself, proves her point. bi*ches ain't sh*t but hos and tricks... come on... be real.

These are songs that I love... I can run off Ain't No Fun word for word... but in all honesty... it's a song that wouldn't exist in polite society. The sh*t is CLEARLY reinforcing the disrespect of women.

I don't have a problem with the music... our generation has largely been desensitized to a lot of that stuff... but I can't knock somebody, especially somebody that has been a victim of s3xual abuse, for not being desensitized.

In her quote, I don't see her blaming it all on rap... the quote just only talks about rap. For all I know, she probably dislikes mysogony in all forms... just because we only saw a quote about rap, doesn't mean she doesn't feel the same way about other forms of it.

And yeah... Ashely Judd does mad sh*t for poor people, and people of color all over the world.

I'm disappointed that people as smart as 9th and Phonte are attacking this woman, for one quote, without real context... when they are obviously ignorant of who she is, as a person.

Yeah.. she needs to control her message better, because it can get easily construed as something else... but 9th strikes me as normally level-headed... and it's dumb that he doesn't even bother to check out who a person is, before demonizing them over one quote, out of context.
i agree with everything this man just said....from top to bottom he has hit the nail on the head.... :agreement6: :agreement6:
 7 years ago '05        #91
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
 Jacc Blacc said:
are you saying ashley judd has based her life on making money and creating films that degrade women???? if not then your argument is baseless, its almost as if you want to call her a hypocrite but last time i remember i havent seen ashley judd in a video pouring champagne on bi*ches and swiping credit cards down their arse

lets get to the main point..............answer it the best you can

do you think alot of rap music glorifies voilence, put a positive spin on selling drugs, and degrades women..........yes or no???
no im not saying judd does that...those rappers were saying on twitter, they are not a part of it either, put that didnt stop judd from clumping them together. last i checked not every rapper pops champagne on bi*ches and whatever else you said.

are you saying that hollywood doesnt promote misogyny? if you say no, you're more misimformed then i thought...if you say yes, then she is in a profession that directly does the same thing she feels she can sh*t on rap for
 7 years ago '09        #92
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
saying her comments are rooted in racism,is not calling her a racist......
imo he did just that, he basically called her a racist without calling her a racist.......most of the posters on here, who i am a.ssuming are black see her as a racist because of her words

which imo arent racist at all, the part about 'rape culture" is worded badly though
 7 years ago '05        #93
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 Jacc Blacc said:
imo he did just that, he basically called her a racist without calling her a racist.......most of the posters on here, who i am a.ssuming are black see her as a racist because of her words

which imo arent racist at all, the part about 'rape culture" is worded badly though
Yo Jacc Blacc, i like ur thinking man.
 7 years ago '10        #94
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,850 | Props total: 20807 20807
 ronin said:
Oh no doubt, she was ignorant in her wording but her logic wasn't flawed and LOL yea I definitely dont wanna be "Lumped" into the same group as Gucci. But the generalization will cease once "underground" hip-hop culture and rap begin to be seen for what it is instead of "Hip Hop/Rap Purist" or some other bullsh*t.
I don't think that will ever happen with the underground because the fans of underground hip-hop are some of the most fickle motherfu*kers I've ever seen. When we as fans of the underground change then so will the perception of it.

But it's a difficult road, and I've been had hundreds of arguments defending certain type of rap and condemning others. I had a white home girl say she thought i wanted to be a rapper and I said "Yea, I want to be a rapper but not like THOSE rappers." and she kinda was taken back by it and didn't understand. she doesn't listen to MF Doom, Lupe, The Last Emperor or any of the underground kats I bump, she is use to Lil Wayne, Gucci, Waka, Lil John, etc. etc.
That isn't really that surprising to me to be honest. Most white friends that I know do not listen to real MC's & instead are either fans of Lil Wayne & Justin Bieber or tell me i should rap because I occasionally freestyle & say a lot of dumb meaningless sh*t

We as fans and participants within the hip-hop culture and rap music should be the 1st one's defending and condemning things but majority of the time we do how most the users in this thread are doing, we sweep our culture/music blemishes under the rug and pull out the Billy club aimed at ANYONE saying ANYTHING remotely "negative" (although true) about it. thats not right.
And I do agree with you about this only to a certain point though because the Ashley Judd incident is something I understand fully why anybody would be pulling out billy clubs at her. Also we do sweep things under the rugs because of different reasons, but for me unless it concerns me as a fan then i'll just shake my head & say look at what our culture has become.

For example if Lupe Fiasco or J. Cole was to get arrested for r*pe or murder or any big felony I would not respect, hell even be disgusted by them as human beings. Listening to their music is a tossup tho, because I'm pretty sure they would still make good music only thing is should I support a murderer or rapist even if he makes good music?

Kobe r*pes a white woman his fans could care less, he's a great player.

Ray Lewis k!lls a man, fans could care less he sacks people like its nothing & is a beast on the defense.

Like I have said and been saying, her wording = Wrong but her Logic = Correct.
There is where I can agree some what. If we're talking about certain artists, like acts in the mainstream then okay yes, but if we're talking about a majority like 75% - 85% in hip-hop as a whole then that bi*ch can kick rocks.
 7 years ago '05        #95
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
I don't want to get into it, but I will say this one thing.

As I was talking about in another thread not too long ago, this is what I mean by people being sensitive. Some white girl, that has NOTHING to do with hip hop, says something (that she feels is true.. and partial true -- lets be honest) and there is a sh*t storm.

WHY do you/they care so damn much about what she says? HONESTLY, it's getting to the point where anything negative said will make you start crying.

If someone would have said something about Ashley Judd's acting career, do you think she, or her fans, would be all crying right now about it? I don't think so... let it go.
 7 years ago '06        #96
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,638 | Props total: 8570 8570
she fu*ked up by using the phrase r*pe culture then she singled out every other music genre

if she would of said hiphop is degrading to women then nobody would made a big deal about the comment because some black people feel the same way.

rape culture is a little extreme to say that about hiphop

I dont really want to say its a racist comment because im sure some black women who have been r*ped before feel the same way

it was just a bad comment and she should be called out for it because thats a little extreme.
 7 years ago '10        #97
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,850 | Props total: 20807 20807
 ronin said:
lol truth!

[pic - click to view]

lol you know the girl told him to swipe that between her a.ss right?
 7 years ago '10        #98
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
I used eminem as an example because it seems like people who are agreeing with ashley judd are saying she's right because rappers call women bi*ches and hoes. eminem is an artist who not only has called women bi*ches and hoes, but has also gone into detail about how he would r*pe a woman WHILE making it comical. do the majority of rappers rap about forcing a woman to have s3x? no. so I dont know why she would call hip hop "rape culture" or at least without citing eminem as one of her examples to reinforce her opinion. to the best of my knowledge snoop dogg has never rapped about raping a woman, neither has diddy.
 04-10-2011, 03:22 PM         #99
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jacc Blacc said:

i don't think ashley judd is racist...but her comments are ignorant,and resonate the racist undertones that inevitably come with putting a negative blanket on the entire culture...which is exactly what people to do black people in this country as well....

and again as i said before it's completely counter productive to what she was trying to do,because she has taking all the focus off of s3xual abuse,and placed it on this ridiculous comment.....
 7 years ago '05        #100
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,968 | Props total: 3229 3229
Nobody cares if hip hop is a little misogynistic. That isn't the argument here..I don't think anybody disagrees with this point. The whole outrage is from her statement of hip hop being a r*pe culture.

If you know what a culture is..you would realize that she's saying that everyone on this forum who posts their views on hip hop and listen to it, all of the people who are into hip hop trends and fashion, or anything about the culture at all is participating in promoting r*pe. Which is why it's an ignorant statement.

Some rap music does promote misogyny...but every single part of media does too. And people saying "You don't have a point if your point is everyone else does it too" You're right..but then you have to ask her why she would single out hip hop when there's negative undertones in every form of media.
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
166 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
89 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
187 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
134 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy