9th Wonder: "I'd Rather Ashley Judd Just Called Me A N*gger, That'd Of Cut To The Chase"

most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
400 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #61
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
 Jacc Blacc said:
she's absolutely wrong about that, i dont see rap as a 'rape culture" i dont see how anyone can agree with that, i just agree with her when she says it has alot of negative undertones, degrades women, and amplifies s3xual scenarios when it comes to females.......

im not sure how anyone can disagree with that, i honestly dont have a problem with those things because the world is like that, most genres in america are like that, but im not gonna be like some of these posters and pretend she's talking out of her a.ss (except about the thing regarding r*pe, i still dont understand why she said that"
how can you stand by what this chick said...even if you agree with it. how can you let her just sit there and act like HER sh*t DONT STINK. she is an ACTRESS, and works in a forum that has had more of its fair share of misogony and promotes the mistreatment of women just as much if not more then rap. if rap is the soundtrack to misogony...then hollywood is the movie

how are you going to just say its cool for this chick to throw stones when she lives in a glass house?
 7 years ago '10        #62
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,858 | Props total: 20829 20829
 ronin said:
Sympathize? No brotha,

And I am not trying to make anyone understand her point of view or mine, but for the sake of discussion I threw my 2cents in and Im defending my stance on it. I listen to EVERYTHING except Gospel music, and there is derogatory lyrics in all genres of music. But no where as compounded and more prevalent then in American Rap Music. The Culture of Hip-Hop is being influenced by mainstream Rap Music, and those in control of "setting" trends.

I read alot and i debate with myself about alot of sh*t, so i KNOW what Im speaking about isn't just some sh*t im pulling from out my a.ss. I know older black adults who feel the SAME way (minus the r*pe culture reference) as Judd does about Rap music.

I just kinda get frustrated when people making excuses about our music/culture and saying she's white a racist.

And i feel you on the female emcee vs. male emcee thing, but then again doesn't your answer lay within you very own question?

Ahhhhhh okay, I can feel you on that because this is a discussion board, so things like this have to be brought up & mentioned. What I do wanna say tho I don't think she's a racist but I just feel she was very ignorant in her statements that she made. The thing is though there's a lot of people who generalize hip-hop & lump it into one, & it's been happening for so many years like when is it gonna stop?

And yea my answer was already with the female emcee thing, I just wanted to throw that question out there lol.

Jacc Blacc said:
she's absolutely wrong about that, i dont see rap as a 'rape culture" i dont see how anyone can agree with that, i just agree with her when she says it has alot of negative undertones, degrades women, and amplifies s3xual scenarios when it comes to females.......

im not sure how anyone can disagree with that, i honestly dont have a problem with those things because the world is like that, most genres in america are like that, but im not gonna be like some of these posters and pretend she's talking out of her a.ss (except about the thing regarding r*pe, i still dont understand why she said that"

That's the thing though. Just like there's a lot of negative undertones there is positive. She could have easily did her homework & found out that not all hip-hip is like that & actually there's a ton of artists that are about good positive music. Because she didn't do any of that, she will face the wrath of hip-hop fans & the fans range from white to black to spanish to Pakistani to European.

So she should dig a hole and bury herself. What a damn shame...

Last edited by Agentzer0oo0; 04-10-2011 at 02:47 PM..
 04-10-2011, 02:46 PM         #63
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tsukuyomi said:
Looks to me that Ashley has done far more for blacks all over the world than all her detractors combined...

this has nothing to do with anything...
 7 years ago '08        #64
Young Buck 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 333 333
 Chest Rockwell said:
having a problem w hip hop makes u a racist, eh? how original
How original is it that you people continue to think that everything in hip hop is the cause of r*pe around the world. It's not a problem to say that I don't like hip hop, but to say that most of it is a "rape culture"? That's like saying I don't like that man because he probably likes to fu*k little girls and murder them, when I know NOTHING about him.

I mean sh*t, if you want to be real here, I could say that metal breeds nothing but psychopaths who like snuff, after a blackmetal band member k!lls a woman, behe@ds her, strips her nud3 and takes pictures of her and post them online. If you think I'm lying about this.

Go to this link for the full story, but I must and I say this again, I MUST warn you this is GRAPHIC

So after seeing that sh*t, I could basically say worse about metal since they speak about k!lling people and brutally raping women.
 7 years ago '06        #65
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
lmao @ these ppl that are in such denial. If you're going to listen to it that's your business, but don't be defending it like it's not everything that she said it is. I listen to hip hop and I know there's more positive sh*t out there but most of it is just trashy sh*t like she said.
 04-10-2011, 02:49 PM         #66
5knuckleshuffle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Afta tha mel gibson sh*t she got balls talkin like tha, its obvious them hollywood celebs think they can speak ill of black culture an they should get a pass...DIDDY AN SNOOP should call for a boycott on all this bi*ches sh*t. Its been yrs since snoop called someone a bi*ch or ho an diddy hell i dunt think hes ever called a chick a bi*ch has he?! so not only is she slandering and defaming tha character of two world reknown hiphop artists but shes continuing tha misrepresentation tha rap music is misogonystic an violent. wtf she do jus pick up a copy of tha chronic or doggystyle yesterday? bi*ch makes no fukin sense hiphop aint portrayed tha kind of perspective in yrs.
 7 years ago '10        #67
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,858 | Props total: 20829 20829
 HotepSuns said:
this has nothing to do with anything...
Exactly....I could be Samuel L. Jackson & do the same exact things for white people (replace her achievements with something else) but if I say what she said, you can guarantee there will be a hellstorm. Especially if it was about Rock or Country music.
 7 years ago '05        #68
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Ahhhhhh okay, I can feel you on that because this is a discussion board, so things like this have to be brought up & mentioned. What I do wanna say tho I don't think she's a racist but I just feel she was very ignorant in her statements that she made. The thing is though there's a lot of people who generalize hip-hop & lump it into one, & it's been happening for so many years like when is it gonna stop?

And yea my answer was already with the female emcee thing, I just wanted to throw that question out there lol.
Oh no doubt, she was ignorant in her wording but her logic wasn't flawed and LOL yea I definitely dont wanna be "Lumped" into the same group as Gucci. But the generalization will cease once "underground" hip-hop culture and rap begin to be seen for what it is instead of "Hip Hop/Rap Purist" or some other bullsh*t.

But it's a difficult road, and I've been had hundreds of arguments defending certain type of rap and condemning others. I had a white home girl say she thought i wanted to be a rapper and I said "Yea, I want to be a rapper but not like THOSE rappers." and she kinda was taken back by it and didn't understand. she doesn't listen to MF Doom, Lupe, The Last Emperor or any of the underground kats I bump, she is use to Lil Wayne, Gucci, Waka, Lil John, etc. etc.

We as fans and participants within the hip-hop culture and rap music should be the 1st one's defending and condemning things but majority of the time we do how most the users in this thread are doing, we sweep our culture/music blemishes under the rug and pull out the Billy club aimed at ANYONE saying ANYTHING remotely "negative" (although true) about it. thats not right.

Like I have said and been saying, her wording = Wrong but her Logic = Correct.
 04-10-2011, 02:54 PM         #69
mikeyajeto 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k all of you defending this c*nt
 7 years ago '09        #70
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7949 7949
 StateProperty88 said:
how can you stand by what this chick said...even if you agree with it. how can you let her just sit there and act like HER sh*t DONT STINK.
this is where you fall short, i consistently say i disagree with the r*pe statement but if you dont agree about alot of rap music glorifying violence, drugs, and degrading woman then you dont see what respected rappers like nas, krs 1, and common been saying

you guys are really gonna act like 2 or 3 years ago there was a whole "lets fix hiphop and make it less demeaning" type movement created by black people who felt rap was too negative

like i said, i dont agree with everything she says but lets no pretend like all of it is bs
 04-10-2011, 02:55 PM         #71
adadfalife607 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stupid Fresh said:
I vote waka flocka flame and gucci mane as official spokesmen for Hip Hop
fixed for ya.......

jk ...couldnt agree more with ur original statement
 7 years ago '10        #72
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
its funny how the ronin or jacc blacc characters had nothin to say about my eminem point.
 7 years ago '10        #73
StoopidVillinz 21 heat pts21
space
space
$8,420 | Props total: 6242 6242
 ronin said:
i should've clarified my opinion, no not r*pe culture but exploiting women yes. now u even have women exploiting themselves (i.e. My pus*y be yanking).

no I wouldn't call it r*pe culture, but it (mainstream rap) does paint the entire culture in a negative light.
bullsh*t..i can see if she said this referring to 90's rap...but c'mon son look whos the poster boy and girl for rap today drake and nicki..but besides that..every genre of music has its dark side quest love having one of the best examples johnny cash referring to country music
 7 years ago '09        #74
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7949 7949
 beantown said:
lmao @ these ppl that are in such denial. If you're going to listen to it that's your business, but don't be defending it like it's not everything that she said it is. I listen to hip hop and I know there's more positive sh*t out there but most of it is just trashy sh*t like she said.
thats my whole argument, i personally dont mind drug talk or "street rap' but im not gonna turn around and pretend its not happening, you guys really are in denial

is she 100% correct, absolutely not, especially about "rape culture' she's a dikk for that, but how is what she said anything different then what Bill Cosby or Farrakhan been saying about rap music for years

i have friends who are black who wouldnt even play rap music in front of their parents OUT OF RESPECT because they know that alot of rap music is pretty negative and disrespectful
 7 years ago '10        #75
theking1 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,236 | Props total: 11 11
 MY_name said:
"RAPE CULTURE"

What 90-99% of songs are talking about forcing yourself onto a woman?

sh*t whenever I turn on the radio I hear Nicki Minaj or Drake
 04-10-2011, 03:00 PM         #76
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tsukuyomi said:
Of course it does when people like 9th Wonder and some people even here use her comments to try to make a racist out of her. I can easily see how they'd come to that conclusion though, 'rape culture' and all. Like others here, I believe she could've worded that a bit better....

i don't think 9th's point when saying he wishes she would have just called him a n*gga had anything to do with him thinking she's racist....it's just that her comment was so stereotypical,and ignorant....she might as well just called him a n*gga,and been done with it...instead of trying to intellectualize her ignorance...
 7 years ago '05        #77
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
 ondatpurple said:
its funny how the ronin or jacc blacc characters had nothin to say about my eminem point.
I didn't say anything about Eminem because your initial posting regarding him made it seem (and I may be incorrect) that you were trying to make it a race thing.

I view rappers in two categories.... *Bad* & *Good*.

Race holds no weight when I listen to a rapper, I would rather listen to a rapper with some actual lyric content over a rapper with a hyped image ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. I have BEEN spoke on Eminem in previous threads where as I felt he was a better rapper doing his days when he was rapping with the NJ "Outsiderz".

YES, eminem has rapped about murder, r*pe, sodomy, incest, and sh*t. do i agree with it? No, do I excuse it? No.

So since it seems you want my opinion on Eminem, Ask me a question and I'll be dead a.ss with you.
 7 years ago '04        #78
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
This whole thing is a joke.

Mainstream rap culture is what she is talking about... underground doesn't matter, since that has no real influence on the culture at large... mainstream rap culture is mysogonistic, and has been that way since the beginning of rap. Be real.

Not all rap is the same.. not even all mainstream rap, but you are completely lying to yourself if you say some bullsh*t like rap doesn't reinforce mysogonistic views.

Ashley Judd brought up Snoop Dogg... n*gga, I can name songs off the top of my head that reinforce her view. "Ain't No Fun" (RIP Nate Dogg), by itself, proves her point. bi*ches ain't sh*t but hos and tricks... come on... be real.

These are songs that I love... I can run off Ain't No Fun word for word... but in all honesty... it's a song that wouldn't exist in polite society. The sh*t is CLEARLY reinforcing the disrespect of women.

I don't have a problem with the music... our generation has largely been desensitized to a lot of that stuff... but I can't knock somebody, especially somebody that has been a victim of s3xual abuse, for not being desensitized.

In her quote, I don't see her blaming it all on rap... the quote just only talks about rap. For all I know, she probably dislikes mysogony in all forms... just because we only saw a quote about rap, doesn't mean she doesn't feel the same way about other forms of it.

And yeah... Ashely Judd does mad sh*t for poor people, and people of color all over the world.

I'm disappointed that people as smart as 9th and Phonte are attacking this woman, for one quote, without real context... when they are obviously ignorant of who she is, as a person.

Yeah.. she needs to control her message better, because it can get easily construed as something else... but 9th strikes me as normally level-headed... and it's dumb that he doesn't even bother to check out who a person is, before demonizing them over one quote, out of context.
 04-10-2011, 03:00 PM         #79
YoungGQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i don't get what n*ggas is mad bout. she made an ignorant, generalized statement solely based off the limited view of hip hop she has. that's it. that's all. fu*k is Ashley Judd, anyway?
 7 years ago '08        #80
Young Buck 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 333 333
 Tsukuyomi said:
Of course it does when people like 9th Wonder and some people even here use her comments to try to make a racist out of her. I can easily see how they'd come to that conclusion though, 'rape culture' and all. Like others here, I believe she could've worded that a bit better....

Your Eminem point was already addressed.
worded that a bit better?

How about if she actually knew what the fu*k she was talking about.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
63 comments
24 hours ago