9th Wonder: "I'd Rather Ashley Judd Just Called Me A N*gger, That'd Of Cut To The Chase"

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
50 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #41
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 ronin said:
She didn't name any rapper did she? (im not being funny im asking forreal). I don't remember her naming any rapper in particular she just generalized Hip-Hop Culture & Rap Music
she directly named snoop dogg and diddy as her examples
 7 years ago '05        #42
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
 ondatpurple said:
she directly named snoop dogg and diddy as her examples
oh ok, my mistake then. I forgot she did.
 7 years ago '04        #43
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
the only rapper I've heard before constantly talk about r*pe besides Odd Future is probably Eminem but he does so in a facetious manner so anyone who takes it seriously already has problems or is ignorant.

I can understand how she got that perception but she let a certain preconceived bias exaggerate what Hip-Hop she has seen into a distorted perspective which led to her to that inaccurately worded and poor generalization of a whole culture.

I will keep it real, alot of hip hop especially in the commercial realm does have imagery and lyrical content that promotes the objectification of women, All the conscious rappers have been saying it for years and yall have been agreeing with it. Though it doesn't make her statement accurate it does lend a small foundation for it to stand on.
 7 years ago '04        #44
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
the only rapper I've heard before constantly talk about r*pe besides Odd Future is probably Eminem but he does so in a facetious manner so anyone who takes it seriously already has problems or is ignorant.

I can understand how she got that perception but she let a certain preconceived bias exaggerate what Hip-Hop she has seen into a distorted perspective which led to her to that inaccurately worded and poor generalization of a whole culture.

I will keep it real, alot of hip hop especially in the commercial realm does have imagery and lyrical content that promotes the objectification of women, All the conscious rappers have been saying it for years and yall have been agreeing with it. Though it doesn't make her statement accurate it does lend a small foundation for it to stand on.
 04-10-2011, 02:09 PM         #45
Kakarot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '08        #46
Young Buck 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 334 334
 ondatpurple said:
I dont know any rapper that has rapped about raping women as much as eminem. and its funny how she didn't mention his name in her examples.
You know that's a GREAT godamn point, you would think that songs like "KIM" would flash something in her brain to mention him but she goes to talk about snoop and diddy? Snoop has taught us to never love hos, and do you know why?

It's because real women will love you and hos only love your money and never care about you. That man is teaching you something important in life, how the hell is that bad?
 04-10-2011, 02:11 PM         #47
Chest Rockwell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
having a problem w hip hop makes u a racist, eh? how original
 7 years ago '10        #48
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,887 | Props total: 21104 21104
ronin & Jacc Black I gotta say y'all making it worse & worse.

I actually do be agreeing with you in the Wale threads cuz you know your sh*t but I'm sorry bruh I cant agree with you or duke at all on this.

The main & only point that people care about is that she called hip-hop as a whole a r*pe culture.

You are trying to sympathize for her by saying, well most hip-hop is like that to be honest.

No n*gga.

Her words have been laid out in front of you what else is there that needs to be said?

And if anybody agrees with hip-hop being derogatory towards women then I have one thing to ask you:

Why is it that Nicki Minaj, Foxy Brown, Lil Kim & Trina all have made a majority of songs of fu*king & sucking d!ck yet we're so quick to say hip-hop (male artists) is degrading to women?

hmmm................................
 7 years ago '06        #49
A.M.BESSA 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,879 | Props total: 975 975
 ronin said:
All joking aside A.M.Bessa,

When you are dealing with someone who makes a generalization of YOU how do you not try and figure out why she said the things she said? its not about being her friend or even agreeing with her. but for you to just flat out say some sh*t like "fu*k her, and u a simping a.ss n*gga" does what to understand the situation?

I care nothing of what you feel towards me, because at the end of the day I know what Hip-Hop is and what Rap music is. but for me to just blindly side with you on wanting to punch her in the face or say fu*k her, for what??? What she said has some truth in it, and if you can't see that, o well thats your problem. but as much as I love Hip-Hop and Rap, I do admit some aspects of our culture and music is very fu*ked up.
someone say some disrespectful sh*t i dont sit round tryna figga out da fu*ken deeper meanin behind it, ta hell wit dat im not tryna hear dat persons fu*ked up view an how he/she got to it...its like goin back to da whole kramer thing yea we was called ******s at one point n yea we was prolly still get hanged/persecuted against 40 years ago so now u see where kramers comin from, ma point now is SO WAT????

we need to start makin examples of dese bi*chs not tryna undastand em
 7 years ago '05        #50
GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 5 5
Ashley Judd is one of the most ignorant pieces of sh*t in Hollywood right now.Throws her family under the bus to sell some copies of her book,badmouths a culture she knows nothing about and is a closet racist cause this isn't the first time she has made suspect remarks..s3x in the city alone has inspired millions of girls to be hoes and materialistic and I don't see that dumb b*tch saying a word about them...Why would she when she is probably praying to God to be in a sequel...
 7 years ago '04        #51
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,425 | Props total: 6456 6456
 Chest Rockwell said:
having a problem w hip hop makes u a racist, eh? how original
who said she was a racist? everybody saying that she ignorant as fuk more than anything. if a famous black person said that all rock music is "suicide culutre" then the same backlash would be happening
 7 years ago '05        #52
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1319 1319
treal mothafu*ka
 04-10-2011, 02:28 PM         #53
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ronin said:
but how many people within our culture are at the forefront showing it's true nature? 9th wonder? Phonte? Krs-one? NO, these generalized a.ssumptions of our culture come from those faces that are plastered on Magazines, Radio and tv. I.E. Waka Flocka, Gucci, Lil Wayne, etc. etc.

I am not saying she is right, but she isn't wrong either. WE think she bullsh*t and racist because we listen to other spectrums of the culture, we don't just keep it "mainstream"

thats all im saying.

Your Right Hotep,

But lets be cliche for a second here. In American Culture, ANYTHING a person of color does is blown out of proportion including and especially our music. Where as a group like "Prodigy" can make a song in which the lyrics is "I smack my bi*ch up" and no one is up in arms about it over here in america, let "Prodigy" (of Mobb Deep) get a major spinning record or video proclaiming the same and watch the sh*t storm.

Yes she called Hip-Hop a "Rape Culture" and as stated previously, I should've clarified my comments. although I do not think Hip-Hop is a "Rape Culture" I can understand HOW she gained that perception or view of Hip-Hop. We all in this thread was bought in here due to 9th wonder being the main topic of discussion, hinting at the fact we don't just buy into that mainstream bullsh*t, but If I was white and didn't take the time to venture beyond radio and television to find out what hip-hop culture truly was or other forms of rap music, I would probably be in the same boat with Judd, because Mainstream Rappers do nothing but exploit the culture and paint the entire culture in a negative light.

but i don't give passes to anyone due to ethnicity.....there are many white people who are very aware of the TRUE hip hop culture...and any person who considers themself intelligent enough to write a book,and make wild generalizations about certain cultures i would hope took the time to research about said cultures...which it's clear ashley judd did not do..and she has fallen in line with americas problem..always wanting to isolate a specific group as the scapegoat....from hip hop to muslims,to blacks,to asians, to latinos...as opposed to an inherent problem with society at large..but there's a reason for that..because people don't really want to solve the problem,they just want to complain about it,and throw rocks at the tv...which amounts to jack sh*t...

in this case hip hop has become the entertainment scapegoat for all the social ills in america..which is completely laughable considering hip hop spawned from the social ills of this country,and has shed more light,and brought more education about said ills then any other genre of music other then "soul/r&b"...and much like most of americas existence ignorance runs the country....ignorance allows peoples to have platforms and completely guide people into a black hole of nonsense,and by the time they wake up from their slumber of nonsense half of their life is gone....and we remain stagnant as a society doomed to repeat the same sh*t over,and over again.....

ashley judd's comments should be condemned,and put up as an example of what's wrong with this country...because all it does is keeps us going in circles,and never addressing,or solving the actual problem..
 7 years ago '05        #54
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

I actually do be agreeing with you in the Wale threads cuz you know your sh*t but I'm sorry bruh I cant agree with you or duke at all on this.

The main & only point that people care about is that she called hip-hop as a whole a r*pe culture.

You are trying to sympathize for her by saying, well most hip-hop is like that to be honest.

No n*gga.

Her words have been laid out in front of you what else is there that needs to be said?

And if anybody agrees with hip-hop being derogatory towards women then I have one thing to ask you:

Why is it that Nicki Minaj, Foxy Brown, Lil Kim & Trina all have made a majority of songs of fu*king & sucking d!ck yet we're so quick to say hip-hop (male artists) is degrading to women?

hmmm................................
Sympathize? No brotha,

And I am not trying to make anyone understand her point of view or mine, but for the sake of discussion I threw my 2cents in and Im defending my stance on it. I listen to EVERYTHING except Gospel music, and there is derogatory lyrics in all genres of music. But no where as compounded and more prevalent then in American Rap Music. The Culture of Hip-Hop is being influenced by mainstream Rap Music, and those in control of "setting" trends.

I read alot and i debate with myself about alot of sh*t, so i KNOW what Im speaking about isn't just some sh*t im pulling from out my a.ss. I know older black adults who feel the SAME way (minus the r*pe culture reference) as Judd does about Rap music.

I just kinda get frustrated when people making excuses about our music/culture and saying she's white a racist.

And i feel you on the female emcee vs. male emcee thing, but then again doesn't your answer lay within you very own question?
 7 years ago '05        #55
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
On the real though....

MATHEMATIC can you admit to being wrong in your a.ssumption of my music, or apologize?

You jumped out there and now you quite?
 7 years ago '09        #56
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,306 | Props total: 7959 7959
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

she's absolutely wrong about that, i dont see rap as a 'rape culture" i dont see how anyone can agree with that, i just agree with her when she says it has alot of negative undertones, degrades women, and amplifies s3xual scenarios when it comes to females.......

im not sure how anyone can disagree with that, i honestly dont have a problem with those things because the world is like that, most genres in america are like that, but im not gonna be like some of these posters and pretend she's talking out of her a.ss (except about the thing regarding r*pe, i still dont understand why she said that"
 04-10-2011, 02:36 PM         #57
100 Rounds 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Most mainstream hip hop does degrade women though.

UnderGround > >
 7 years ago '04        #58
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
She's right though, why them n*ggas mad?
 7 years ago '09        #59
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 74 74
how she said it was wrong, its simple

she shouldve worded it differently but she needs racists to buy her book
 04-10-2011, 02:42 PM         #60
StayBlazin1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
music is dead
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy