9th Wonder: "I'd Rather Ashley Judd Just Called Me A N*gger, That'd Of Cut To The Chase"

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #1
9724 pageviews
170 comments

flix02 2055 heat pts2055
space
space
$10,632 | Props total: 3749 3749
9th Wonder: "I'd Rather Ashley Judd Just Called Me A N*gger, That'd Of Cut To The Chase"

Former Little Brother producer 9th Wonder and The Roots' Questlove have weighed in on the controversial remarks Hollywood actress Ashley Judd made toward hip-hop in her new memoir, All That Is Bitter And Sweet.
Click here to find out more!

Writing on his Twitter page, Wonder directly called out Judd's labeling of hip-hop as a "rape culture."

"@ashleytjudd if u would like to get educated on what the TRUE essence of hip-hop culture is, there are ways you can be enlightened....," he tweeted April 8th.
"@ashleytjudd your opinions is based off what u see on television and in the media...which is a very warped sense of reality"
"It is proof positive that racism is some form or fashion still exists in dealing with Ashley Judds comments"
"Ashley Judd has basically called all of us criminals and savages in one fail swoop."
"I'd rather Ash Judd just called me a ******....that would of cut to the chase ... In case u are just joining us....Ashley Judd called hip hop a "rape culture"
"So I guess the man who molested Ashley Judd was listening to Doggystyle while he did what he did"
"Ima say this....anybody trying to DEFEND what she said.....u might as well unfollow me....or be blocked..." (9th Wonder's Twitter)
Questlove also hit up Twitter to share his reaction to Judd's remarks.
"hmmm. at least i got my answer as to why ash judd didn't give us so much as a nod on her last visit. im a criminal:http://bit.ly/gfeFhF," he tweeted April 8th.
"see. Ash's "Rap is r*pe culture" statement would be like me hearing this
[pic - click to view]

YouTube - Johnny Cash - Cocaine Blues & lumping these guys together." (Questlove's Twitter)
Judd unleashed her fury toward the urban culture in her newly-released memoir, which dropped last Tuesday.

Talking about her work in AIDS awareness, Judd makes her opinion crystal clear when it comes to the activist organization YouthAIDS choice in spokespeople for a past campaign, singling out Snoop and Diddy. "YouthAIDS created hip, public service announcements for TV and radio using popular local and international celebrities and athletes and was participating in the MTV World AIDS Day 'Staying Alive' concerts," she writes. (Radar Online)
She further elaborates on her negative views of hip-hop culture within the memoir.
"Along with other performers, YouthAIDS was supported by rap and hip-hop artists like Snoop Dogg and P. Diddy to spread the message ... um, who?" the actress reportedly says. "Those names were a red flag...as far as I'm concerned, most rap and hip-hop music - with its r*pe culture and insanely abusive lyrics and depictions of girls and women as 'ho's' - is the contemporary soundtrack of misogyny," she argues. (New York Daily News)

[pic - click to view]

"I'd Rather Ashley Judd Just Called Me A N*gger, That'd Of Cut To The Chase" | SOHH.COM

170 comments for "9th Wonder: "I'd Rather Ashley Judd Just Called Me A N*gger, That'd Of Cut To The Chase""

7 years ago '06        #2
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,239 | Props total: 5042 5042
I vote 9th Wonder and Phonte as official spokesmen for Hip Hop
 7 years ago '05        #3
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
as much as i understand where everyone on this forum as well as 9th wonder is coming from,

I have to admit that Ashley Judd's comments although some what bias and racist in nature does have slight truth to them. if i turn on the radio right now, 90-99% of the rap i would hear on the radio would deal with the subjects she was talking about.

yea, her words could have been better constructed but some of it is truth.
 7 years ago '06        #4
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,239 | Props total: 5042 5042
all the s3xually charged a.ss songs are mainly for females anyway
 7 years ago '05        #5
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 Stupid Fresh said:
all the s3xually charged a.ss songs are mainly for females anyway
but still, it does created the image that thats all rap is about.

9th is and should naturally be pissed because he speaks from the heart and mind of a hip-hop artist who is actually true to the art form. No one ever takes into account the underground when generalizing hip-hop culture, or rap music. it's always what they hear on radio, and see on t.v.

So in essence, what Judd said was true in a sense but it wasn't a accurate representation of the entire culture or music.
 04-10-2011, 01:15 PM         #6
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ronin said:
as much as i understand where everyone on this forum as well as 9th wonder is coming from,

I have to admit that Ashley Judd's comments although some what bias and racist in nature does have slight truth to them. if i turn on the radio right now, 90-99% of the rap i would hear on the radio would deal with the subjects she was talking about.

"RAPE CULTURE"

What 90-99% of songs are talking about forcing yourself onto a woman?

sh*t whenever I turn on the radio I hear Nicki Minaj or Drake
 7 years ago '07        #7
N.O.4Life 45 heat pts45
space
space
$19,678 | Props total: 10734 10734
Listen when the GOAT speak
 04-10-2011, 01:16 PM         #8
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And when has Puff ever said some sh*t about "raping ho's"?
 7 years ago '06        #9
jj01 
space
space
$44,988 | Props total: 4711 4711
9th went in

love the comment about the dude listenin to doggystyle while he molested that hillbilly fu*k
 7 years ago '05        #10
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 MY_name said:
"RAPE CULTURE"

What 90-99% of songs are talking about forcing yourself onto a woman?

sh*t whenever I turn on the radio I hear Nicki Minaj or Drake
i should've clarified my opinion, no not r*pe culture but exploiting women yes. now u even have women exploiting themselves (i.e. My pus*y be yanking).

no I wouldn't call it r*pe culture, but it (mainstream rap) does paint the entire culture in a negative light.
 7 years ago '09        #11
NcAlien 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1357 1357
 Stupid Fresh said:
I vote 9th Wonder and Phonte as official spokesmen for Hip Hop
GREAT POST!

To those who even think its slightly true, how can you pigeon whole an entire genre of music you know very little about. Thats why I cant speak on country, rock or alternative rock etc. Its not my taste but there is no way for me to formulate an opinion on it based on tv or radio.

Do you consider the radio and Drake,Wayne,Gucci and Wiz the faces of the mainstream media to be an accurate represnentation of the genre?
 7 years ago '04        #12
Rashad69 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,176 | Props total: 2469 2469
Yeah, Ronin, the point is she generalized and spoke on something from an unenlightened standpoint....
 04-10-2011, 01:23 PM         #13
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ronin said:
i should've clarified my opinion, no not r*pe culture but exploiting women yes. now u even have women exploiting themselves (i.e. My pus*y be yanking).

no I wouldn't call it r*pe culture, but it (mainstream rap) does paint the entire culture in a negative light.

you have no point..women are exploited in AMERICAN CULTURE period....that has NOTHING to do with what ashley judd said,and implied...she called hip hop a "rape culture"...which is the most absurd,and ignorant thing she probably has ever said...to try,and drive home a point about something that should be addressed (s3xual abuse)...so what she in turn has done is take the focus off of s3xual abuse,and put it squarely on her ignorance...

it was an ignorant,unfounded,and dumb a.ss comment no matter how you slice it..
 7 years ago '05        #14
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 NcAlien said:
GREAT POST!

To those who even think its slightly true, how can you pigeon whole an entire genre of music you know very little about. Thats why I cant speak on country, rock or alternative rock etc. Its not my taste but there is no way for me to formulate an opinion on it based on tv or radio.

Do you consider the radio and Drake,Wayne,Gucci and Wiz the faces of the mainstream media to be an accurate represnentation of the genre?
NcAlien, that my point i was attempting to make. I can understand where she gathered that generalization from. I guess im reading past the actual words and hurt of her statements and diving deeper into what could've caused this.

I have friends of many cultures and they usually generalize Rap music the same way as Judd (Lol not r*pe culture lmao) but once I dose em with some ill dope "underground" artist their views change and they begin to understand that not everything on the radio far as rap music is representation of Hip-Hop culture as a whole or rap music as a whole.

I think alot of us are getting bent out of shape because we arent looking past the surface of her statements and taking everything for face value and running with it. the most important question is "Why/what makes her think this way"

thats all im saying, im not defending her but I am not quick to nail her to the cross either.
 7 years ago '05        #15
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 ronin said:

Those comments don't have no truth to them. STFU man, you are falling in line with what 9th wonder said about the portrayal of hip hop by the media and so on. Judd was incorrect and way out of line for her comments. I am glad Wonder and Quest camed out like they did and I hope others comment on it as well. Hip hop is always used as a punching bag for societies issues and none one usually comes along to refute. This time someone did and I hope more do as well.

Last edited by bootsy; 04-10-2011 at 01:35 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #16
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,049 | Props total: 4842 4842
I think it was a typo. I think they meant to say 'rap culture'.

This woman should know her sh*t before commenting on things she knows jack sh*t about. Oh well, I never liked this woman's films anyway.

Who are Diddy and Snoop to be promoting YouthAids? Who the fu*k are you to speak on a culture that is the most embraced in society today? Some people need to sit the fu*k down and think about what they're going to say first.
 7 years ago '08        #17
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
 ronin said:

so rock n roll dont paint its picture in a negative light? what about, the rock lyrics that promote reckless behavior, r*pe & suicide? As a black dude, you should be the last person to agree with that sh*t she said, without holding up a mirror to that sh*t.

a couple examples:

"Closer" by NIN
You let me violate you.
You let me desecrate you.
You let me penetrate you.

You let me complicate you.
Help me.
I broke apart my insides.
Help me.
I've got no soul to sell.
Help me.
The only thing that works for me.
Help me get away from myself.

I wanna fu*k you like an animal.
I wanna feel you from the inside.

My whole existence is flawed.
You get me closer to God.

You can have my isolation.
You can have the hate that it brings.
You can have my absence of faith.
You can have my everything.
Help me.
Tear down my reason.
Help me.
It's your s3x I can smell.
Help me.
You make me perfect.
Help me become somebody else.

I wanna feel you from the inside.
My whole existence is flawed.
You get me closer to God.

Through every forest.
Above the trees.
Within my stomach.
Scraped off my knees.
I drink the honey inside your hive.
You are the reason I stay alive.
Cannibal Corpse - I c*m Blood
Swollen with liquid
Ready to burst
A load of my lymph
Will quench this dead body's thirst
One month in the grave
twisted and half decayed
She turned a putrid yellow
I pissed in her maggot filled as*hole
fu*king the rotting
My semen is bleeding
The smell of decay
Seeps from her genital cavity
The smell was unbearable As I unburied her
I c*m blood from my erection
I feel it run
down her throat, swallow
Eyes glassy and vacant
body dug up to play with
Skin greasy and nekkid
tonguing her rotted anus
I need a live woman
to fill with my fluid
A delicate girl, to mutilate, fu*k and k!ll
her body exceptional
she thought I was normal
but I wanted more
I came blood inside of her
choking on the clot
gagging on the snot
gushing blood, from her mouth
bloody gel leaking out
Body buried in a shallow grave
Unmarked for none to find
The sickness I have left behind
Undetected go my crimes
The greatest thrill of my life
Violent, climax Serging serum on my skin
Back from the dead
I am resurrected to spew, putrefaction
Dirty Love
fu*k me, you ugly son of a bi*ch
You ugly son of a bi*ch
fu*k me, you ugly son of a bi*ch
Stick it out
Stick out yer hot curly weenie
Stick it out
Stick it out
Weenie . . . weenie, weenie, weenie!
Make it go fast

(In and out)
In and out,
Magical Pig
Make it go fast
(In and out)
In and out,
Magical Pig
Till it squirts (squirts), squirts (squirts), squirts (squirts), squirts (squirts)
Fire
Till it squirts (squirts), squirts (squirts), squirts (squirts), squirts (squirts)
Fire
Don't get no jizz upon that sofa, sofa
"Big man with a gun" by NIN
i am a big man
(yes i am)
and i have a big gun
got me a big old d!ck
and i
i like to have fun
held against your forehead
i'll make you suck
it

maybe i'll put a hole in your head
you know just for the fu*k of
it
i can reduce you if i want
i can devour
i'm hard as fu*king steel
and i've got the power
i'm every inch a man and i'll show you somehow
me
and my fu*king gun
nothing can stop me now

shoot shoot shoot shoot
shoot
i'm going to come all over you
me and my fu*king gun

me and my
fu*king gun
Big Man With A Gun
and some think rap music is disturbing? but calling some chicks bi*ches and ho's, who like it, is the problem? fu*k OUTT HERE

Last edited by supervillain; 04-10-2011 at 01:40 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #18
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 Rashad69 said:
Yeah, Ronin, the point is she generalized and spoke on something from an unenlightened standpoint....
but how many people within our culture are at the forefront showing it's true nature? 9th wonder? Phonte? Krs-one? NO, these generalized a.ssumptions of our culture come from those faces that are plastered on Magazines, Radio and tv. I.E. Waka Flocka, Gucci, Lil Wayne, etc. etc.

I am not saying she is right, but she isn't wrong either. WE think she bullsh*t and racist because we listen to other spectrums of the culture, we don't just keep it "mainstream"

thats all im saying.

HotepSuns said:
you have no point..women are exploited in AMERICAN CULTURE period....that has NOTHING to do with what ashley judd said,and implied...she called hip hop a "rape culture"...which is the most absurd,and ignorant thing she probably has ever said...to try,and drive home a point about something that should be addressed (s3xual abuse)...so what she in turn has done is take the focus off of s3xual abuse,and put it squarely on her ignorance...

it was an ignorant,unfounded,and dumb a.ss comment no matter how you slice it..
Your Right Hotep,

But lets be cliche for a second here. In American Culture, ANYTHING a person of color does is blown out of proportion including and especially our music. Where as a group like "Prodigy" can make a song in which the lyrics is "I smack my bi*ch up" and no one is up in arms about it over here in america, let "Prodigy" (of Mobb Deep) get a major spinning record or video proclaiming the same and watch the sh*t storm.

Yes she called Hip-Hop a "Rape Culture" and as stated previously, I should've clarified my comments. although I do not think Hip-Hop is a "Rape Culture" I can understand HOW she gained that perception or view of Hip-Hop. We all in this thread was bought in here due to 9th wonder being the main topic of discussion, hinting at the fact we don't just buy into that mainstream bullsh*t, but If I was white and didn't take the time to venture beyond radio and television to find out what hip-hop culture truly was or other forms of rap music, I would probably be in the same boat with Judd, because Mainstream Rappers do nothing but exploit the culture and paint the entire culture in a negative light.
 7 years ago '10        #19
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,904 | Props total: 21194 21194
 ronin said:
NcAlien, that my point i was attempting to make. I can understand where she gathered that generalization from. I guess im reading past the actual words and hurt of her statements and diving deeper into what could've caused this.

I have friends of many cultures and they usually generalize Rap music the same way as Judd (Lol not r*pe culture lmao) but once I dose em with some ill dope "underground" artist their views change and they begin to understand that not everything on the radio far as rap music is representation of Hip-Hop culture as a whole or rap music as a whole.

I think alot of us are getting bent out of shape because we arent looking past the surface of her statements and taking everything for face value and running with it. the most important question is "Why/what makes her think this way"

thats all im saying, im not defending her but I am not quick to nail her to the cross either.
Man fu*k that, she deserves a Testuo beatdown. You don't go off calling hip-hop a r*pe culture because you're talking about EVERYTHING. You're speaking of conscious rap, mainstream rap, backbacker rap & underground rap so I could give two fu*ks what she has to say. The funny thing is she's a great actress but her choice of words will be death of her, she'll never be able to come back from this. It's like my old man told me:

"The first words you say are the ones you meant"

So saying this
"My intention was to support artists to know that they have so much power. That they make incredible life changing impressions, particularly on the young. And we have choices everyday with our expressions, either empower and celebrate people or to re-enforce inequality and degradation. There are elements, and that is the part that has been so distorted…what I’m being accused of is condemning rap and hip-hop as a whole, and the whole community and when they say community, they mean the fans, and African-Americans, it’s become so generalized. My intention was to take a stand to say the elements of that musical expression that are misogynistic and treat girls and women in a hyper-s3xualized way that are inappropriate. That is not acceptable in any artistic expression, in any cultural form, whether its country music or in television story lines. And if they read more than one paragraph in the book, they would see that all four hundred pages are about that.”

means nothing & does nothing for me.

You made your bed now sleep.
 7 years ago '05        #20
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 bootsy said:
Those comments don't have no truth to them. STFU man, you are falling in line with what 9th wonder said about the portrayal of hip hop by the media and so on. Judd was incorrect and way out of line for her comments. I am glad Wonder and Quest camed out like they did and I hope others comment on it as well. Hip hop is always used as a punching bag for societies issues and none one usually comes along to refute. This time someone did and I hope more do as well.
Im not falling in line with anything, i know my views on hip-hop and rap, and what Judd says doesn't change em.

but I am not going to retract my statements or join in on the Judd hate party, her views and opinions don't sway mine. but as I have said, I can understand WHY she says the things she has said and HOW she could get that view on Hip-Hop culture and Rap Music.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
100 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
180 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside 15 Artists That Biggie Wanted To Work With (But Never Got The Chance)
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy