NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
141 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-10-2011, 10:57 AM         #1
10249 pageviews
22 comments

macadon83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gamestop Return Policy

Can i return something i pre-ordered and get full price for it if it hasnt been used?

I wanna return my 3ds. Will they take it back for full price (w/ receipt). I opened the box, but i didnt use it at all, and it still looks like it's never been opened.

22 comments for "Gamestop Return Policy"

04-10-2011, 10:59 AM         #2
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Returned product(s) must be in the original packaging and include any manuals, cabling and accessories in saleable condition. We reserve the right to limit returns to unopened or defective products. Defective product(s) will be replaced with a like item, upon return. Terms and conditions of manufacturer's warranty apply to defective video games systems and computer hardware after 30 days.

We do not accept returns of:
Any product(s) returned more than 30 days from the date on the packing slip.
Any product(s) that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap).
Any product(s) not in its original condition.
Any product(s) that is damaged, played, or is missing parts.
Any product(s) that were sold as part of a bundle, unless the bundle is returned complete.
Please do not send us product(s) that do not meet the return criteria listed above, as we do not issue refunds for non-qualifying items and cannot return the items to you.

Source:

Basically, if you already opened it, regardless if it's used or not, you already cut the price in half to them.
 7 years ago '04        #3
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
No. Maybe on day one, but not now. They have enough issues with people going on forums and whining about gutted copies of games being sold as new, they're damn sure not going to take a opened system back that has actually been out of the store. Throw it on eBay or Craigslist. You should get most of your cash back.
 7 years ago '07        #4
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,398 | Props total: 13102 13102
it just depends on who's working. it never hurts to ask. i copped force unleashed 2, beat it, then took it back 2 days later and straight told him i wanted to return it cuz it was too short and it sucked and he gave me a full refund .
 7 years ago '04        #5
OpeeFaSho 
space
space
$1,069 | Props total: 2 2
 joshdogg26 said:
it just depends on who's working. it never hurts to ask. i copped force unleashed 2, beat it, then took it back 2 days later and straight told him i wanted to return it cuz it was too short and it sucked and he gave me a full refund .
Same thing I did with Red Dead Redemption. Told them it was boring as hell, they offered me a refund or exchange for something else at a equal price.
 04-10-2011, 02:37 PM         #6
IronMaiden  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gamestop has the worst return policy ever created, all hardware gets you half of what you paid unlike bestbuy, walmart, target, toysrus etc.

you can return any hardware item (consoles, handhelds, cameras, tvs etc.) for a full refund, some might take a % restocking fee if over X price but gamestop won't give full refunds on hardware because they like to fu*k over people.
 04-10-2011, 02:38 PM         #7
IronMaiden  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 joshdogg26 said:
either you are lying or they were doing one of their deals that they do with some new games where you get 7 days to return for a full refund (ive only see it on read dead, GTAIV and a handful of games) if that isn't going on they are required to either give you trade in price or let you exchange it for the same game.
 7 years ago '04        #8
space
space
 IronMaiden said:
gamestop has the worst return policy ever created, all hardware gets you half of what you paid unlike bestbuy, walmart, target, toysrus etc.
You can't return opened hardware period. There is no return policy that gets you half.

IronMaiden said:
either you are lying or they were doing one of their deals that they do with some new games where you get 7 days to return for a full refund (ive only see it on read dead, GTAIV and a handful of games) if that isn't going on they are required to either give you trade in price or let you exchange it for the same game.
Again, there's no such policy and he's right depending on who you get especially if you are a regular they will take care of you as long as you don't abuse the policy. Before my wife worked for the company there was a store that always took care of me because I had been shopping there for at least five years. Now I don't get sh*t because my wife is a goody two shoes about everything.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 04-10-2011 at 03:57 PM..
 04-10-2011, 06:16 PM         #9
IronMaiden  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption said:
You can't return opened hardware period. There is no return policy that gets you half.

Again, there's no such policy and he's right depending on who you get especially if you are a regular they will take care of you as long as you don't abuse the policy. Before my wife worked for the company there was a store that always took care of me because I had been shopping there for at least five years. Now I don't get sh*t because my wife is a goody two shoes about everything.
Call your gamestop, on some big games they offer full refund up to 7 days, i know for a FACT they did it on GTAIV because i returned mine, they also do quite a few return within a week for full refund in credit, they did with this haze thank god.

I say half because that's what they offered me on my PSP i wanted to return.

overall if you plan on buying ANY electronic rather it be TV or gaming system buy from a retail store that doesn't fu*k people over on a daily basis, use amazon, use BB etc.

Last edited by IronMaiden; 04-10-2011 at 06:19 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #10
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,398 | Props total: 13102 13102
 IronMaiden said:
nah, he acknowledged that he wasn't supposed do it but i talked to him for a minute and he didn't really care so he let me, just put the money back on my debit card . customer service isn't that complicated, it was just a cool person working with no manager.
 7 years ago '04        #11
space
space
 IronMaiden said:
Call your gamestop, on some big games they offer full refund up to 7 days, i know for a FACT they did it on GTAIV because i returned mine, they also do quite a few return within a week for full refund in credit, they did with this haze thank god.

I say half because that's what they offered me on my PSP i wanted to return.

overall if you plan on buying ANY electronic rather it be TV or gaming system buy from a retail store that doesn't fu*k people over on a daily basis, use amazon, use BB etc.
I don't need to call anyone, I'll just go upstairs and ask. My wife works for GS and I used to work for them. I also have friends who still work for them and we all had stores. Never heard of that practice. Maybe it's just in your area. I'm not even going to bother acknowledging your ignorance on the other comment.
 7 years ago '04        #12
unkn0wn 
space
space
$4,536 | Props total: 24 24
 IronMaiden said:

you can return any hardware item (consoles, handhelds, cameras, tvs etc.) for a full refund, some might take a % restocking fee if over X price but gamestop won't give full refunds on hardware because they like to fu*k over people.

[pic - click to view]

04-10-2011, 10:44 PM         #13
IronMaiden  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption said:
I don't need to call anyone, I'll just go upstairs and ask. My wife works for GS and I used to work for them. I also have friends who still work for them and we all had stores. Never heard of that practice. Maybe it's just in your area. I'm not even going to bother acknowledging your ignorance on the other comment.
You can even find pictures of the banners for full refund in trade

[pic - click to view]

clearly you don't know what the fu*k you are talking about, they did full trade in back on numerous big titles like haze, modern ware 1 and 2, RDR and full cash on GTAIV.

EB/GS, same company did it now go lay down.

unkn0wn said:

[pic - click to view]

butthurt gamestop employee i see, better go force pre-orders down peoples throats to make your quota
 04-10-2011, 10:47 PM         #14
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
IronMaiden getting made fun of again?
 04-10-2011, 10:48 PM         #15
IronMaiden  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PROTENTIAL said:
because a kid claiming to work at GS got owned

dumbass claims to of worked but never heard of the full refund credit deal that happens with almost every AAA/exclusive title
 04-10-2011, 10:53 PM         #16
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IronMaiden said:

dumbass claims to of worked but never heard of the full refund credit deal that happens with almost every AAA/exclusive title
fu*k outta here
 7 years ago '09        #17
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
The only games that Gamestop here takes back within 7 days is used games as long as the customer doesn't abuse the policy. I bought a copy of The Show 10 and told the guy at the counter that I wasn't a huge baseball fan, but I wanted to check it out. He let me buy it and told me to bring it back if I didn't like it. They would never ever take a new return back here tho. When I took back BFBC2 because the disc was broke homie wouldn't even give me a full new game back because of the download codes. He just opened a copy and give me the disc. I've never seen that full trade in credit deal personally. I guess I could have missed it, but I don't really remember them offering any deals like that here.
 7 years ago '04        #18
space
space
 IronMaiden said:
You can even find pictures of the banners for full refund in trade

[pic - click to view]

clearly you don't know what the fu*k you are talking about, they did full trade in back on numerous big titles like haze, modern ware 1 and 2, RDR and full cash on GTAIV.

EB/GS, same company did it now go lay down.

butthurt gamestop employee i see, better go force pre-orders down peoples throats to make your quota
Oh my Haze? I thought we were talking current events. Not to mention that's a trade in promo which has nothing to do with returns. Reading is fundamental. You're initial statement regarded return policy.

IronMaiden said:

Kid? I'm quite grown. Every triple A title? Yet you come through with a flyer for HAZE of all games? I've never ever claimed to be a G$ employee, my wife is. I've been out of retail forever. I used to work as a Manager for EB, the good times but I've never claimed to be a G$ employee ever.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 04-10-2011 at 11:19 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #19
unkn0wn 
space
space
$4,536 | Props total: 24 24
 PROTENTIAL said:
why not its always a great time when we make fun our BXGS village idiot...
 7 years ago '04        #20
space
space
 Steelers4Ever said:
Yo Kuruption I worked for Gamestop as a manager in between 2005 and 2010 and I NEVER ONCE SAW A PROMOTION LIKE THAT. That's probably something that happened once and he lives by it now.
Thank you. Dude's a fu*king fool. What the fu*k do I have to front about this of all things for? Dude just wants to be right about some sh*t.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
94 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
126 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
57 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
22 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy