List of Scary Movies.....that Aren't Gory/excessively violent

most viewed right now
 116
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 74
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 66
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 53
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
126 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 04-13-2011, 03:08 PM         #21
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gmengfx said:
na..i liked it..i duno why i like sh*t like that..im jumpy with those..quiet a.ss normal movies

then all of a sudden...BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM..or a lil kid just walking around alone in the middle of the dark..oviously following some type of ghost..i duno?

im not gonan defend it but that sh*t entertains me..more then a gory movie

pluss i dont go into the theater ready to hate on it..i want to enjoy it

i feel like a lot of people (maybe you) wanted to hate on it..downloaded it..watched it on your computer screen in the middle of the day..just wantin to hate..MAYBE NOT THO..but i know ppl who watched it like that...

in the bomb a.ss theater i was in ..sh*t was freaky to me..a bunch of black dude left actually..and one almost threw up when bi*ch snapped dudes neck
@ a n*gga gagging during a movie...I don't know though, maybe it's just me, but I prefer a movie that can be scary as hell regardless how many times you watch it or where. I felt like PA2 relied on the surround sound atmosphere to give you a jolt. But then after you've seen it once and know what parts startled you the first time, it's no longer entertaining for you again. IMO they didn't even TRY to make it terrifying other than that. So to me, it got old real quick.

I actually kinda liked the first one, that's why I went to see this one. I only jumped once when the chick was in the kitchen during the day and no more after that. Plus, it did absolutely nothing good until the last 15 minutes or so. I watched it again after downloading it and it was nothing more than a random family's home video.
 04-13-2011, 03:30 PM         #22
*Missy* 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So you're lookin for suspense type movies?


I watched 'Cronos'(not sure if its too bloody for you're taste,but its not scary just suspenseful) recently and there are few others that I watched on netflix. Most of the really good ones are foreign. U should sign up for a free trial and browse. Try looking at old school movies like 'Susperia'. I also recently "discovered" Viggo Mortensen and became obsessed with him :lachen001:...so I found alot of good movies with him in it recently that kinda fit your description of what you're lookin for. 'Prison', 'The Reflecting Skin','Indian Runner',and 'The Passion Of Darkly Noon'. That last one is actually not that good...but for some reason I couldn't stop watching and wanted know what was gonna happen. U can find Prison,Reflecting skin,and Indian Runner on youtube. Others on netflix.
 7 years ago '05        #23
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 26 26
Drag Me To Hell. I never thought a floating handkerchief in a parking garage would be scary.
 7 years ago '08        #24
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
avatar space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23314 23314
nothing scary has came out in like 20 years b
 7 years ago '09        #25
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55 OP
space
avatar space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7947 7947
 ghengis said:
Halloween (1978)
Jaws
Devil's Backbone
The Shining
Sixth Sense
Blair Witch
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1979)
The Ring
the ORIGINAL Texas Chainsaw Massacre
the ORIGINAL The Omen
The Strangers
Salem's Lot
Fright Night
Christine

the shining??? i watched that before and found it to be very boring and not scary at all....it was actually annoying with the little kid making those noise and the female who played the wife role was garbage acting wise

edit:

the original chainsaw massacre isnt too bloody???? i might check that out and also


Last edited by Jacc Blacc; 04-13-2011 at 05:31 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #26
ivan1087 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,291 | Props total: 19 19
Alien = classic horror/suspense with minimal violence/gore
 04-13-2011, 07:02 PM         #27
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was scary. I remember ppl high-steppin out the theater during that sh*t. I bought it when it first came out and it took me forever to finally build up the nerve to watch again.



Other than that, I haven't been scared during a movie since I was a child.
 7 years ago '07        #28
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 Arson said:
nothing scary has came out in like 20 years b
Not American.
 7 years ago '09        #29
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55 OP
space
avatar space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7947 7947
 texasplayboy_23 said:
I thought the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was scary. I remember ppl high-steppin out the theater during that sh*t. I bought it when it first came out and it took me forever to finally build up the nerve to watch again.



Other than that, I haven't been scared during a movie since I was a child.
you must be talking about the remake......cause the original is from the 70's, unless your 40 something

does the new chainsaw massacre have alot of blood
 04-13-2011, 08:26 PM         #30
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You mean the best horror films?

Psycho
The Shining
Silence of The Lambs
The Tenant
Repulsion
Rosemary's Baby
Les Diaboliques
Alien
Peeping Tom
The Birds
Rebecca
Night of The Hunter
Cape Fear (1962)
The Woman in Black
Don't Look Now
Picnic at Hanging Rock
Inland Empire
Eraserhead
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Night of The Living Dead
The Others
The Innocents
The Changeling
Eyes Without a Face
The Vanishing
The Fly (1986)
The Brood
Nightwatch
Jacob's Ladder

Those are some of my favorite Horrors, I don't deal with that gory trash.
 04-13-2011, 08:27 PM         #31
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^The Fly was freaky when I was small...might have to check that out again.

 Jacc Blacc said:
you must be talking about the remake......cause the original is from the 70's, unless your 40 something

does the new chainsaw massacre have alot of blood
Yeah the 2003 version with Jessica Biel runnin around in a white tank top.

Anyways...yeah there's a good share of blood in it, so I guess it doesn't apply to the thread title...but I honestly can't think of a good scary movie w/o dismembering throughout.
 04-13-2011, 08:29 PM         #32
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jacc Blacc said:
you must be talking about the remake......cause the original is from the 70's, unless your 40 something

does the new chainsaw massacre have alot of blood
The remake is horrible, the original TCM is one of the best slasher type horrors, better than Halloween. It is short, powerful, and yet simple. The movie is well directed by Tobe Hooper.
 04-13-2011, 08:34 PM         #33
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5_star_smitty said:
i guess since no 1 mentioned it, that SILENCE OF THE LAMBS is considered a "thriller" & not a "scary" movie by y'alls standards.
I consider it a Thriller as well, but it does have aspects of the Horror genre.

If he is into non gory Horror then he is probably interested in some Thrillers with traces of Horror. The suspense is more entertaining than cheap violence and shock, that's too boring.
 04-13-2011, 08:37 PM         #34
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jacc Blacc said:
the shining??? i watched that before and found it to be very boring and not scary at all....it was actually annoying with the little kid making those noise and the female who played the wife role was garbage acting wise

edit:

the original chainsaw massacre isnt too bloody???? i might check that out and also
Yea you're going to have to go watch that masterpiece over again before you log back in here. Sure Shelley Duvall sucks, but that doesn't replace a great role by Jack and an awesome direction by Kubrick.

The Shining is the greatest Horror film technically, every scene is near flawless. :wow:
 04-13-2011, 09:57 PM         #35
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
The remake is horrible, the original TCM is one of the best slasher type horrors, better than Halloween. It is short, powerful, and yet simple. The movie is well directed by Tobe Hooper.
That's your opinion. I disagree however...not everything can be a expertly directed masterpiece. And if your expectations are set to nothing less with every movie that comes out, your standards may be set too high...just my opinion.
 04-14-2011, 08:31 AM         #36
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
That's your opinion. I disagree however...not everything can be a expertly directed masterpiece. And if your expectations are set to nothing less with every movie that comes out, your standards may be set too high...just my opinion.
It wasn't expertly directed, it was well directed though. It is a good example of horror, it has a good pace, a strong mood, and a more realistic scenario than most slashers (like the remake).

The important thing for me is a strong atmosphere, mood, tone, and pace. (every movie I listed has this) After that it depends on how interesting and believable the characters and their actions are. A good director gives you the atmosphere and a good writer gives you the characters, the more of both the better IMO.

I am very picky on Horror, so be it, a bunch of immature teens walking around with the lights off isn't exactly entertaining to me.
 04-15-2011, 03:49 AM         #37
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
It wasn't expertly directed, it was well directed though. It is a good example of horror, it has a good pace, a strong mood, and a more realistic scenario than most slashers (like the remake).

The important thing for me is a strong atmosphere, mood, tone, and pace. (every movie I listed has this) After that it depends on how interesting and believable the characters and their actions are. A good director gives you the atmosphere and a good writer gives you the characters, the more of both the better IMO.

I am very picky on Horror, so be it, a bunch of immature teens walking around with the lights off isn't exactly entertaining to me.
Well, it was a Michael Bay flick, and most people criticize his work...me, I'm easy to please though. I personally love watchin movies; it's one of my greatest hobbies. Hell, I watch movies via blu-ray, cable or download everyday, no exaggeration. So for me, I just take movies for what that are, entertainment. Unless it absolutely sucks I'll comment on it, but for the most part I just leave the reviews to the critics.
 7 years ago '07        #38
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 smokeweed101. said:
Yea you're going to have to go watch that masterpiece over again before you log back in here. Sure Shelley Duvall sucks, but that doesn't replace a great role by Jack and an awesome direction by Kubrick.

The Shining is the greatest Horror film technically, every scene is near flawless. :wow:
Not the old lady in the bathtub.
 04-15-2011, 07:59 AM         #39
cleophisduval09 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
Yea you're going to have to go watch that masterpiece over again before you log back in here. Sure Shelley Duvall sucks, but that doesn't replace a great role by Jack and an awesome direction by Kubrick.

The Shining is the greatest Horror film technically, every scene is near flawless. :wow:
 7 years ago '07        #40
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,829 | Props total: 4803 4803
i hate gory flicks and im a horror buff.here are some good 1's

the mist
the ring
frailty
trick or treat
let me in
the omen-all time scary sh*t.all 3 parts
the fog
the prophecy
phantasm
case 39
devil
final destination
halloween 2 original
the fog original
christine
cujo
nightbreed
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 97
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
253 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 39
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 39
Image(s) inside dannielledai
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 34
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
27 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 30
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
18 comments
18 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 23
Video inside Boxden member addressing PORC & trolling accusations
43 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
109 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 20
Video inside SNL Michael Che "A White Woman Named Gretchen"
56 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy