Apr 9 - Oops! FBI Confirms Roswell UFO Incident

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
76 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
38 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
134 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #101
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,078 | Props total: 4425 4425
 Eddie.. said:
we kind of are tho in a sense

you have isolated events were an animal can recognize themselves in a mirror, or figure out that a car can crush nuts, but an animal can't build a car

an animal basically only has instinctive abilities to eat and survive. We have straight up intelligence to where survival in the wild isn't even thought about

we can change an entire landscape to best fit us if we needed to. an animal can only adapt to its surroundings, we can change the surroundings.
theres a difference between intelligence i.e. the ability to use tools for example to crack open a coconut and high intelligence using tools to build a computer

we evolved to use tools to build computers but we started using tools for simple things maybe a hundred thousand years from now monkeys will have the capabilty to do what we do now
 04-11-2011, 01:41 PM         #102
sirjaybee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yo I need pix
 7 years ago '05        #103
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,106 | Props total: 234 234
Documents revealing UFO sightings have been made public on an FBI official database. Skip related content
Related photos / videos FBI documents indicate UFO landings Enlarge photo The previously classified records, which contain information of extraterrestrial encounters dating back 60 years, show eye-witness accounts of flying saucers and alien life forms.

In one document, a special agent in charge of the FBI's Washington Field Office sent a letter to the FBI's director on 22 March 1950, claiming that an Air Force investigator recovered a spacecraft in a field near to Roswell, New Mexico.

It reads: "Three so-called flying saucers had been recovered in New Mexico. They were described as being circular in shape with raised centers, approximately 50 feet in diameter."

The report, which is registered on the FBI's online Vault library, then goes on to describe the 3ft human-like bodies of the aliens among the remains of the UFO landing.

According to the document, each foreign body was dressed in a fine metallic cloth and bandaged in a manner similar to the blackout suits used by speed flyers and test pilots.

The information comes after the Ministry of Defence released thousands of pages of UFO material at the National Archives last month.

Speaking with Yahoo! UK News today, Nick Pope, a former UFO investigator for the British Ministry of Defence commented on the reports, saying: "These documents are extremely interesting, but it's going to be very difficult to discover the truth after so many years. There are many questions for the FBI and the United States Air Force, but the problem is that nobody now working for these organisations will have been employed at the time of the incidents described."

"Even if we don't solve the mystery of UFOs and the Roswell crash, these papers show that the American government took a strong interest in the paranormal. Maybe 'The X-Files' is closer to the truth than people think."

David Hardy, an official from the FBI's Records Management Division said the declassification of secret files reflects a strong commitment to build public trust and confidence through greater public access to FBI records.

He said: "The new website significantly increases the number of available FBI files, enhances the speed at which the files can be accessed, and contains a robust search capability."

Written by Gaby Leslie
 7 years ago '07        #104
j_k1dd 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,768 | Props total: 565 565
Close thread, double post.

Edit: Didn't have to prop me saying I'm an idiot, when you clearly made a thread about something thats on the homepage of BX @Grown Man Ish, but thanks doe

Last edited by j_k1dd; 04-11-2011 at 02:10 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #105
16jan87 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,102 | Props total: 542 542
me and my girlfriend seen over a billion aliens late last nite...right after i pulled out...they came shootin out of my pen-is
 04-11-2011, 03:59 PM         #106
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bibbyboi said:
so you're telling me dolphins can do complex math?? any proof of that? Let me see a dolphin pass a 3rd grade level math test...They are intelligent but we tend to exaggerate the extent of it..

....sssuuuurrreee....I believe they are sentient but to say they have the intelligence to do everything humans do is just silly...

again let me know when another species starts space exploration...
I was referring to everything that was stated in the post, not every single thing that we have created. You misinterpreted my statement. A lot of our advancements are due to the few people who had IQs way above normal and their discoveries. Even the smartest dolphin in the world would probably only be as smart as a mentally retarded human being.

My point was that they are self aware, can speak to each other, can recognize themselves in the mirror, etc. They could also change their environment and build things if they had actual arms and legs. You do not give dolphins enough credit. They are way more advanced than most people thing. The only thing that has held them back is their environment, the ocean.
 7 years ago '04        #107
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 bibbyboi said:
so you're telling me dolphins can do complex math?? any proof of that? Let me see a dolphin pass a 3rd grade level math test...They are intelligent but we tend to exaggerate the extent of it..

This dude babyboi sounds like a moron from Idiocracy. You think that math is only done the western white way. Dolphins use sonar to calculate distance. How do you think human's learn to use Sonar technology? By studying dolphins. We use it today to calculate the bottom of the sea floor. You are clearly a moron. A layman like you can find out more about this subject through a website called Wikipedia, just type in google.com Wikipedia then dolphin and Sonar.

Last edited by Mysonne; 04-11-2011 at 09:27 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #108
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,222 | Props total: 2220 2220
 Mysonne said:
This dude babyboi sounds like a moron from Idiocracy. You think that math is only done the western white way. Dolphins use sonar to calculate distance. How do you think human's learn to use Sonar technology? By studying dolphins. We use it today to calculate the bottom of the sea floor. You are clearly a moron. A layman like you can find out more about this subject through a website called Wikipedia, just type in google.com Wikipedia then dolphin and Sonar.
First and foremost i said Dolphins were intelligent...So are monkeys...so are squid for that matter...but they are no where near as intelligent as humans..and only an ignorant self hating as*hole would say otherwise...With that said we can still learn a whole lot from other animals...

Secondly, i was responding to the post saying that dolphins could preform math..I actually looked up the study he was referring to and the dolphin was only right 80% of the time and it wasn't anything that would definitively prove they have mathematical skills...I would liken it to Parrots that speak...yes they say words but they don't know what they are saying...they only mimic..

Lastly, dolphins using sonar to judge distance isn't any more mathematical than than us judging distance with sight or sound...it's just an extra sense...
 04-12-2011, 02:40 AM         #109
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
from what i understand of light, speed of light, and the size of the universe. most the damn universe is so far away even if they were looking in our direction like right where the earth is at now, they probably cant see us. cause we dont exist yet, our whole damn solar system might not exist yet.
 7 years ago '04        #110
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
 Ni2 said:
from what i understand of light, speed of light, and the size of the universe. most the damn universe is so far away even if they were looking in our direction like right where the earth is at now, they probably cant see us. cause we dont exist yet, our whole damn solar system might not exist yet.
That makes sense...and is mind boggling..
 7 years ago '06        #111
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822
The truth has been so readily disposed of so many times over so many years....obviously, the govt made a discovery or has been trying fiercely to protect their technology from other countries or something of that nature...

The main thing to remember is the the United States is one sly fox when it comes to fooling its citizens and spreading mis and dis-information...remember that b4 u let your imaginations run wild...
 7 years ago '07        #112
TMC 
space
space
$1,309 | Props total: 1 1
 bibbyboi said:
To not believe that there is other intelligent lifeforms out there in the universe is pretty silly considering the vastness of the universe...there's just too much time and planets for their to only be one planet with life...

now whether or not they will have evolved far enough to travel here is a little different, but considering how much we evolved in the last hundred years it isn't too far out there to think if a species evolved billions of years before us, to think that they would have the technology to either travel at great speeds/fold space-time and/or extend their life expectancy indefinitely allowing them to get here...

another thing i always wonder is what if other intelligent life forms have evolved on a scale to small for us to see....or in a spectrum that our senses can't pick up on...or as energy without a physical body...

just so many possibilities
so im not alone on this...
 7 years ago '04        #113
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
 bibbyboi said:
First and foremost i said Dolphins were intelligent...So are monkeys...so are squid for that matter...but they are no where near as intelligent as humans..and only an ignorant self hating as*hole would say otherwise...With that said we can still learn a whole lot from other animals...

Secondly, i was responding to the post saying that dolphins could preform math..I actually looked up the study he was referring to and the dolphin was only right 80% of the time and it wasn't anything that would definitively prove they have mathematical skills...I would liken it to Parrots that speak...yes they say words but they don't know what they are saying...they only mimic..

Lastly, dolphins using sonar to judge distance isn't any more mathematical than than us judging distance with sight or sound...it's just an extra sense...

human Sight and sounds is nothing near Sonar, Sight and sounds has refraction and full of mathematical error, that's why when a human looks into water odjects can appear closer or farther then they actually are, same with human sound, this is taught in Physics I'm not saying anything earth shaking every Freshmen learns about this in Physics, i didn't just make this sh*t up, lol. Sonar is as accurate as it come, a dolphin can find small objects in vast oceans, you think that's the same as a human sight and sound, lol, maybe if you had telescope vison and bionic ears lol, take any physics 101 at any local Comm. College they will teach you the difference between Sonar, sight and sound. They didn't need to create a machine to develop it, they evolved with it that's amazing, Dolphin used to live on Land as Bi-pedals then went back into the ocean.

2nd I am the poster that said that dolphin could do complex math, so you were responding to me, and I was not talking about any study so I'm not sure how you actually looked up the study I was referring to where the dolphin was only right 80% of the time. But if that is true, I know Humans that can't score 80% on Math right now, in fact alot of Americans fail at math all together, that Dolphin is already smarter then American Humans. 80% is a B student, that's not smart to you. lol that's Amazing. Now lets see a 3rd grader find an object the size of a orange in the Pacific ocean, with their 3rd grade math, eyes and ears.

Last edited by Mysonne; 04-12-2011 at 09:23 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #114
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
Intelligence is slippery, and there's no one way to judge it, especially since we don't fully understand how many animal brains work in comparison to human brains. Many animals have very specialized intelligence that might even best humans under certain circumstance, like a rat finishing a maze before a human could. But humans tend to like to judge intelligence based on broad, complex abstract reasoning, where there is no question that humans far outstrip any other known organism. That a dolphins brain can process the sensory information provided by sonar is evolutionarily impressive, but they're still largely incapable of abstract mathematical reasoning. That 80% is the percentage of the time they could choose which of two boards had more dots on it.
 7 years ago '04        #115
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
^

80% is still amazing, like i said before there are Americans that can't do it, not sure if anybody saw this but I remember when Jay Leno used to go on the streets and ask Americans simple questions and they would bomb the answers like, how many states are in the US, where is Iraq on a Map, who is the vice president. I think we tend to put all humans in with the brainy crowd of humans, but the reality is that the avg Joe blow here in the States, are Laymen. I wouldn't be surprise to see some Americans take the exact same test as the Dolphin counting dots and do worse then the Dolphins, just because some Humans go to Harvard doesn't mean that the Average Human Is Harvard qualified because they are human, lol. How do we know that there aren't smarter Dolphins then the one that got 80%.

There are different forms of Math, in African there are ppl in the Bush that do math in binary code but according to this guy that's not math because it's not being done the western white academic way and probably think they are inferior and not as intelligent as American man. Probaly don't believe computers can do complex math better then humans because they don't use paper and a pencil, lol But to say Sight and Sound is equal to Sonar is retarded, lol. If that was the case human wouldn't need sonar technology to map 1000's of feet down to the sea floor they would just use their sight and sound, lol, ridiculous.

Last edited by Mysonne; 04-12-2011 at 10:47 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #116
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
The dolphins were just picking which board had the most dots on it, no human except the most severely mentally disabled would have any trouble with the task.

And the guy didn't say that human sight and sound were equal to sonar, he was pointing out that none of them indicates an ability to perform complex math in the abstract sense, because they're based in sensory apparatus of the brain, so they're not a matter of abstract reasoning. A part of the dolphins brain is interpreting the information, which is impressive, but its not a part that they would necessarily have conscious access to, in terms of using it for actual abstract reasoning. So, it can be called an intelligence of a sort, but to try to stack it up against human mathematical reasoning isn't exactly workable. That's not to say its necessarily inferior, but it is very different.

And just as an aside, since you brought up computers, they do complex mathematical operations faster than humans, but they aren't reasoning, they rely on programming done by humans. So, in a very real sense computer have absolutely zero intelligence, and they don't do math (in terms of understanding any mathematical concept) at all, never mind doing it better than humans.

Last edited by HHS; 04-12-2011 at 12:49 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #117
Ace2125 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,325 | Props total: 513 513
 Pyro911 said:
i just wanna see some god damn pics of aliens
 dustiniscool said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #118
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
 Mysonne said:
human Sight and sounds is nothing near Sonar, Sight and sounds has refraction and full of mathematical error, that's why when a human looks into water odjects can appear closer or farther then they actually are, same with human sound, this is taught in Physics I'm not saying anything earth shaking every Freshmen learns about this in Physics, i didn't just make this sh*t up, lol. Sonar is as accurate as it come, a dolphin can find small objects in vast oceans, you think that's the same as a human sight and sound, lol, maybe if you had telescope vison and bionic ears lol, take any physics 101 at any local Comm. College they will teach you the difference between Sonar, sight and sound. They didn't need to create a machine to develop it, they evolved with it that's amazing, Dolphin used to live on Land as Bi-pedals then went back into the ocean.

2nd I am the poster that said that dolphin could do complex math, so you were responding to me, and I was not talking about any study so I'm not sure how you actually looked up the study I was referring to where the dolphin was only right 80% of the time. But if that is true, I know Humans that can't score 80% on Math right now, in fact alot of Americans fail at math all together, that Dolphin is already smarter then American Humans. 80% is a B student, that's not smart to you. lol that's Amazing. Now lets see a 3rd grader find an object the size of a orange in the Pacific ocean, with their 3rd grade math, eyes and ears.
I think you mistake heightened senses for intelligence...sonar is just a physical trait that they have developed...not something they taught themselves to do...

and sonar is like sight and sound...sonar is just sound waves interpreted by the brain after being reflected off of things...Sight is just light waves interpreted by the brain after being reflected off of things...there's no intelligence involved...

HHS said:
The dolphins were just picking which board had the most dots on it, no human except the most severely mentally disabled would have any trouble with the task.

And the guy didn't say that human sight and sound were equal to sonar, he was pointing out that none of them indicates an ability to perform complex math in the abstract sense, because they're based in sensory apparatus of the brain, so they're not a matter of abstract reasoning. A part of the dolphins brain is interpreting the information, which is impressive, but its not a part that they would necessarily have conscious access to, in terms of using it for actual abstract reasoning. So, it can be called an intelligence of a sort, but to try to stack it up against human mathematical reasoning isn't exactly workable. That's not to say its necessarily inferior, but it is very different.

And just as an aside, since you brought up computers, they do complex mathematical operations faster than humans, but they aren't reasoning, they rely on programming done by humans. So, in a very real sense computer have absolutely zero intelligence, and they don't do math (in terms of understanding any mathematical concept) at all, never mind doing it better than humans.
^^^Exactly
 7 years ago '07        #119
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,427 | Props total: 16139 16139
show them green t*tties or gtfoh
 7 years ago '04        #120
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
 Damagegadget said:
show them green t*tties or gtfoh

[pic - click to view]

Home         

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
151 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
74 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
18 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago