Kevin Hart X-mad card
55 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
117 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #1
6939 pageviews
92 comments

mrfreak76 700 heat pts700
space
space
$7,148 | Props total: 1365 1365
Apple Blows us Away with Smart Bezel Details! - New Patent filed

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Apple has been teasing us with various smart bezel patents over the last year but a new patent application revealed by the USPTO today, provides us with how they're intending to implement this feature and the details will blow you away. Apple intends to introduce a method that employs a very cool secondary display scheme that utilizes a printed segmented electroluminescence display. Apple intends to use the secondary display to introduce a set of new illuminated indicators that are able morph into various controls for work and play. Illuminated gaming and productivity controls could be built into the face-side of the bezel and/or selected back-side areas of iOS devices like the iPad. Apple is about to raise the bar for interactive device interfaces that will, no doubt, put absolute fear into the hearts of every iOS device wannabe competitor.

The Problem to Solve

Apple first lays out the problem to solve by stating that traditional electronic devices include a display for providing visual outputs to a user. For example, a traditional device may include a liquid crystal display (LCD) for providing visual outputs to a user. Some traditional electronic devices may further include a touch interface overlaying the display for receiving inputs from the user. For example, a device may include a touch screen a.ssembly with a display for providing outputs and a corresponding touch interface for receiving user inputs. To a.ssist a user in providing inputs, traditional devices use the display to provide indicators to the user regarding where and how to provide a touch input. For example, a traditional device may display a virtual button on a touch screen to indicate that a user can touch that portion of the screen to provide an input. However, providing such indicators occupies space on the touch screen that could otherwise be used for displaying visual content.

Apple's Solution

Apple's patent covers systems and methods for selectively illuminating a secondary display. An electronic device could include a primary display (e.g., a liquid crystal display (LCD) screen) and a secondary display (e.g., a printed segmented electroluminescence display). The primary display could be used to convey visual content to a user, and the secondary display could be used to guide a user providing inputs to the device. For example, the secondary display could be selectively illuminated to provide one or more indicators that represent where or how a user can provide inputs to the device.

[pic - click to view]

Full Article Here

An Example:

[pic - click to view]

This might be introduced with iPhone 5.

imageimage

Last edited by mrfreak76; 04-09-2011 at 09:46 AM..

92 comments for "Apple Blows us Away with Smart Bezel Details! - New Patent filed"

7 years ago '05        #2
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
If thats the case I'm def getting an i5, cause that posted looks sick, but i HIGHLY doubt thats the case.....
 7 years ago '06        #3
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
wow apple does it again lol
 7 years ago '04        #4
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,415 | Props total: 3922 3922
so in english please............

cause i dont really get it
 7 years ago '07        #5
mrfreak76 700 heat pts700 OP
space
space
$7,148 | Props total: 1365 1365
 jumpman2304 said:
so in english please............

cause i dont really get it
Think of it as layers, you have one layer as you regular screen and then you have another layer for your controls or navigation buttons. And there both working with each other all the time, one just disappears when not in use.

Or another example take an Android's hard buttons on bottom of there phones (home, menu, back,etc), a gaming controller, a ipod click wheel, etc now imagine they show up only when you need to interact with the primary screen. Then they become hidden when not in use.
 7 years ago '11        #6
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
This would be great as long as the button controls are on top and bottom... if they are on the sides it could mean the screen doesn't get any bigger. If the screen is bigger that means the phone is bigger/wider... which is ok too.

Having these controls on the side of the screen also make it harder for designing cases.

Patiently waiting for iPhone 5

Last edited by PTC; 04-08-2011 at 05:47 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #7
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,710 | Props total: 437 437
apple going to shock the world this summer
 04-08-2011, 04:08 PM         #8
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow. :agreement6:
 7 years ago '98        #9
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,195 | Props total: 3598 3598
according to the highlighted yellow part of that pic... rest of the surface area of the phone other than the LCD screen can actually become a secondary display. Cot damnnnnnnnnnn
 7 years ago '10        #10
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
$9,248 | Props total: 1297 1297
Apple stays winning.
 7 years ago '10        #11
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
this is just retarded. apple getting my dough 1st day
 7 years ago '10        #12
Blue GM 247 heat pts247
space
space
space
$3,185 | Props total: 2 2
dropped my iphone 4 yesterday. so im ready for the 5 to release.
 7 years ago '10        #13
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,008 | Props total: 5734 5734
 04-08-2011, 06:09 PM         #14
ex-clu-sives 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not really that impressive on its face. IMO.

----extended touch screen?

7 years ago '04        #15
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
This sh*t right here.....
 7 years ago '08        #16
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,110 | Props total: 23355 23355
I need this translated to real n*gga speak
 7 years ago '10        #17
justdezit 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,136 | Props total: 2212 2212
 Arson said:
I need this translated to real n*gga speak
they gonna make the rest of the phone that aint the screen able to morph into buttons that go away when you aint need em
 7 years ago '06        #18
fallguy 
space
space
$4,882 | Props total: 1642 1642
damn, apple stay ahead of the game
 7 years ago '04        #19
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,570 | Props total: 2715 2715
i dont see how combining two displays is a good thing. it just leaves room for more problems
 7 years ago '04        #20
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
 DaDirtiest said:
Apple keeps these geeks masturbating on a daily basis. I on the other hand have a wife, a girlfriend, two kids, and a social life. I don`t have time to sit around jerkin off to pr0n on a 2 inch screen, or bragging to my friends about my new phone. The iPhone is this decades Camaro, as in it`s the car for the guy with the little p*nis. Look at my gadgets, please don`t see through my materialism and notice how inadequate I am as a man, cause I have GADGETZ!!
Dont be mad you can't afford an iPhone or Apple products...
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
105 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
39 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
19 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
65 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy