Ashley Judd Trashes Hip-Hop; Calls Music 'Rape Culture'

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
65 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '11        #141
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 1269 1269
I stopped reading when she said she got r*ped.
 04-08-2011, 10:42 PM         #142
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 big blak afrika said:
It wouldn't be a shame if she felt he isn't the right man for the job. It's past a shame it's a travesty if she backs off simply because white people watch her network and would be angry because some of them dislike Obama.
Yeah if she doesn't believe in him, but to do it to save face with her white audience would be a travesty. I as a white man think he's doing the best he can with what he was left with from the last embarrassing administration.
 04-09-2011, 12:01 AM         #143
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gmengfx said:
she is right..but w/e

go listen to some lil b

bi*ch SUCK MY d!ck bi*ch SUCK MY d!ck

HAHHAH

thats why i loveee my hip hop tho =)

not lil b tho
there's so much more to hip hop than lil b though.

Didn't a country song just talk about fu*king at 3 am.
 7 years ago '10        #144
burgboi 24 heat pts24
space
space
$1,972 | Props total: 903 903
From Twitter:

NotChrisRock Chris Rock
Ashley Judd said rap music is r*pe music. When did r*pes start being committed with music? Big Ben didn't throw Snoop on when he did it
 7 years ago '07        #145
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,507 | Props total: 70034 70034
Lmao n*ggas wild on here.

Judd lost all my respect
 7 years ago '07        #146
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,507 | Props total: 70034 70034
 burgboi said:
From Twitter:

NotChrisRock Chris Rock
Ashley Judd said rap music is r*pe music. When did r*pes start being committed with music? Big Ben didn't throw Snoop on when he did it
 7 years ago '04        #147
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 177 177
While she is right about the misogynistic parts of hip-hop culture... she is indeed speaking from ignorance..... and truly needs to shut the fu*k up

tho .....you can't fault her for feeling that way , when our culture is represented the way it is... the most horrible and stereotypical aspects are whats popular, and in the forefront representing us as our 'image' and we as the people of the culture do nothing to change it, and even further glorifying and propitiate this negative image in everything we do as a people

People view us and shake their heads.....

yes we are being judged.... should we give a fu*k??? no... but we should at least care enough to ensure we aren't resented because of it
 04-09-2011, 01:25 AM         #148
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Look.... what she said might it been ignorant, but to an extend she's right. Sure, there are other genres that are bad (Rock at 1 point was but not as it used to and to a lesser extend Country was and Pop now has taken second mostly on skanks such as Kesha), but yes, hip hop is truly the most misogynistic out of all of them. Look at videos from Nelly or 50 Cent and most rappers??? They really depict a very negative image about most females and as crazy as this may sound, a large portion of it's listeners take it serious. For instance, I did some volunteering work in Brooklyn (flatbush to be exact) and boy, sometimes those muthafu*kas were disrespectful. I've seeing grown a.ss man literally cornering a girl as if they were trying to kidnap her just to get a number... I've seeing girls getting bottles or cans thrown at them or even verbally disrespect them because they don't want to acknowledge the guys on those blocks. Hell, the best compliments rank as follow: Damn you gotta a fat a.ss, Yo Ma you thick in all the right places and my favorite of all, can I get your number (even though she told you 25 times NO)?. Sure, not all fans are that way and you can't throw every rapper under the bus or fan, but from what I see... I understand where she might be coming from. Ignorance in her behalf??? Yes... but you can't take away the fact that she's indeed correct. And as far as Chris Rock is concern??? When was the last time he was actually in the hood? Doesn't that fool stay in Jersey anyway?

Last edited by bigbarcelona; 04-09-2011 at 01:32 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #149
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
 .Mase Da Rula. said:
While she is right about the misogynistic parts of hip-hop culture... she is indeed speaking from ignorance..... and truly needs to shut the fu*k up

tho .....you can't fault her for feeling that way , when our culture is represented the way it is... the most horrible and stereotypical aspects are whats popular, and in the forefront representing us as our 'image' and we as the people of the culture do nothing to change it, and even further glorifying and propitiate this negative image in everything we do as a people

People view us and shake their heads.....

yes we are being judged.... should we give a fu*k??? no... but we should at least care enough to ensure we aren't resented because of it

y does rap have to represent black peoples image and culture???????
a lot blacks dont even like rap but u dumb azz dudes says it has to represent them?
KID, understand this, you represent your own image not some rapper you dont even know.

does rock N roll or any white music represent their image???????

our culture goes way beyond rap son...... u should stop caring what white people think so much.
 7 years ago '06        #150
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822
she's making a blanket statement.....an un-true one at that....

whatever...those statements come from her retarded, redneck judeo-christian upbringing and rearing...she don't know anything about Hip-Hop...
 7 years ago '10        #151
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 563 563
On one hand I agree with her. Hip-hop has a huge PR issue on it's hands because from the outside in its garbage. The people we choose to represent us (via sales) on a mainstream level are buffoons (exclude Jay). On the other hand I see on TV women in Texas dressing up their little girls like hookers and parading them around in pageants. Misogyny exists everywhere and if someone wants to talk about a "Culture of r*pe" she should be talking to the pope.
 7 years ago '05        #152
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
 knowlege bass said:
On one hand I agree with her. Hip-hop has a huge PR issue on it's hands because from the outside in its garbage. The people we choose to represent us (via sales) on a mainstream level are buffoons (exclude Jay). On the other hand I see on TV women in Texas dressing up their little girls like hookers and parading them around in pageants. Misogyny exists everywhere and if someone wants to talk about a "Culture of r*pe" she should be talking to the pope.
we dont choose shyt son..white people buy these albums and white people determine whos hot and whos not and white people signs these artist and they also dictate what the radio plays over N over.

this is y eminem is the biggest rapper of all time, white people..if we determined anything(via sales) as you say...eminem wouldnt exist cuz we would never buy that shyt.
 04-09-2011, 02:39 AM         #153
guncity2007 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kontrast0 said:
Who is this bi*ch anyway. She doesn't even matter haha

She acting like anyone care for her opinion id CB this hoe!
 7 years ago '05        #154
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,497 | Props total: 717 717
id prob r*pe her
 04-09-2011, 02:46 AM         #155
WestSide22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and how many provocative photoshoots has she done in her career? Or s3x scenes?
 7 years ago '05        #156
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,979 | Props total: 3247 3247
 knowlege bass said:
Exactly. As 9th said she might as well have just called us a pack of ******s.
 7 years ago '04        #157
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1

[video - click to view]

here what they think about you

04-09-2011, 07:23 AM         #158
A.O. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ra-da-god said:
ignorance
Being that this bi*ch played the role in "righteous k!ll" of a female who liked to have thrill seeking s3x once depicted in a r*pe scene.. how dare this stupid extra s3xy bi*ch talk about r*pe culture in music when she's promoting it on film... fu*king hypocrite..
 7 years ago '05        #159
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,979 | Props total: 3247 3247
 Gordon Gekko said:
She's s3xy, but I don't necessarily agree with her totally on her views. Overall, hip-hop is a negative form of music that should be avoided for the most part. It has nothing but a destructive, negative message behind it.

]
First of all hip hop is not a music form..it's a culture. Like I said, she said hip hop is a r*pe "culture" not art form. Meaning everyone from those who follow everything that goes on in the culture, to those who actually entertain are taking part of a culture that promotes rapists. Last night I was cyphering..does that mean I was being destructive or taking part in something that promotes rapists?

Also, rap music is NOT all destructive. It's viewed as that, but people have about as much right to call it destructive as any other type of music.
 7 years ago '07        #160
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,341 | Props total: 384 384
lol @ you guys getting butthurt by her comments. she's telling the truth. i love rap music but even i can admit that she's right except i wouldn't call it r*pe culture.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago