Ashley Judd Trashes Hip-Hop; Calls Music 'Rape Culture'

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
160 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
126 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
91 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #201
Jae_Hood_354 135 heat pts135
space
space
$8,504 | Props total: 3286 3286
didnt read at all just seen ashley judd n
 04-11-2011, 02:19 PM         #202
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dumb a.ss hoe...
 7 years ago '08        #203
piffery973 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,221 | Props total: 1 1
 04-11-2011, 03:17 PM         #204
CGderek 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this bi*ch was in tooth fairy...that's an L.
 7 years ago '04        #205
R-iZZy 13 heat pts13
space
space
$4,066 | Props total: 585 585
 Tsukuyomi said:
When did I say Hip Hop was the only medium that objectified women? I don't believe it is but you act as though Hip Hop is the only medium that has ever been targeted for it. It's easier to target hip hop because it's most prevalent in that culture. It's almost a staple of rap music. I'm not a movie enthusiast and therefore don't bother with indie projects, but it's far easier for me to find a movie that's nearly completely free of such trash that's currently playing in movie theaters than it is to listen to a hip hop station and wait for a decent rap song that isn't trash. It's easy to see why Hip Hop takes the brunt of criticism because, like I said, it's the one dishing it out most.
I never said that you did. I was talking more in regards to what Ashley Judd is doing, since that is what this topic is about. And if anything, you got it twisted, rap music is a staple within the hip-hop culture (it's not the other way around). And of course it would be easier to find films in theater that convey a deeper meaning than what you hear on rap stations. Look at who runs them. Hip-hop certainly offers just as much good as bad, just like movies; it's the music label execs that decide what gets put on the airwaves. Not even the artists themselves have a say in which of their songs go on radio. And if label execs are clever enough to trick any ignorant Tom-d!ck-and-Gregory from the projects to put garbage on the airwaves, the people within the culture don't need to be the ones to take the fall for that. The blame goes right to the folks who are dictating what gets pushed to the masses. Money is the motivator here, and the love of the culture plays a backseat. Why do you think Lupe was pushing himself to suicide? It prolly k!lled him inside to know not even he could do anything to help hip-hop's good name when you're at the mercy of executives who only care to exploit it. It's not hip-hop that's pumping this bullsh*t, cuz hip-hop is about the realism of our environment. The people trying to market what is "hip-hop" has you and the rest of society fooled as to what we represent. That's not our message, that's good 'ol greed's message.

Is it fair that only one medium gets criticized for it? No, of course not. That however, is far from what's actually happening. The WWE, the film industry, rock music, PETA, Hip Hop and countless other groups, arts have been targeted either for objectifying women in some manner, or depicting violence in images and or lyrics. The only industry I know that may objectify women and depict violence as much as hip hop is the film industry. But at least most actors have the sense to realize that what they're acting out is entirely fictional. When was the last time a group of actors from the West Coast feuded with a rival acting group from the east, that eventually resulted in the death of two prominent actors? Alot of rappers don't just rap about being in gangs, many actually are/were. Snoop, Game, Lil Wayne, Biggie etc... so not only are these guys in gangs or have been in gangs, they're now rapping about being in gangs and romanticizing the lifestyle. Street reporters my a.ss. Tupac Shakur was a street reporter in most of his songs, even though sometimes he got stupid with his lyrics. Snoop, Lil Wayne, Game? No, they're just ignorant n*ggaz who rap about k!lling, and fu*king hoes with the occasional decent song here and there.
That may not be what is happening in the real world, but that is exactly what is happening with this topic! Is Ashley Judd bringing up the WWE or rock music or the film industry or PETA? No, she specifically targeted hip-hop! That is what is wrong with this picture. And I dunno if you noticed this, but some rappers actually come into the game portraying themselves. Not all of it is fictional. It's very real. Some of it may be entertaining, but these guys are putting their actual experiences out there. It's not meant to be there for you to judge, it's meant to be there for you to understand.

Fine, I'll make it easy for you to identify my race. I'm black and hispanic and raised entirely by my Mexican side. Never knew my father nor the Black side of the family. Not enough proof? There's a link in my sig to my blog. In the about me section I have a picture.

As for the bolded: So that makes it okay for some guys to refer to any woman they see as a bi*ch? I know you said you don't condone it and don't do it yourself, but to say you understand where it comes from in a way defends it, even if you didn't mean to. Ya see. I don't want to see my daughter, wife, mother etc referred to as a bi*ch simply because some women are conniving wh0ores. That doesn't make my daughter, wife, mother a conniving wh0ore deserving of the title, 'bi*ch'. And if my daughter, wife, mother is referred to as a bi*ch, I could care less where 'it comes from'.
If it sounds like I'm defending it, it's probably because I am. My heart truly does lie with the Black culture. I understand the Black aesthetics a lot more, and that only comes with seeing the beauty in these people. I won't lie, this is where our common sense and logic will greatly differ, and it's because I've been raised around these troubled people who still find the courage and bravery to live their lives the best way they can with the disadvantages and little tools that they have. You are right, women in general don't deserve that title just because of a few bad eggs. Unfortunately, the only explanation I can give in short is they just don't know any better. Blacks weren't given this concept of love from society. They received hate, and in-turn displayed it a lot more. Ignorance only begets ignorance, and the best way to combat that is with knowledge. Unfortunately that is not a skill that is very much stressed in the Black community, and the ones who complain about that problem (which is society as a whole) only want to throw rocks at the problem rather than try to find a solution for it. Money plays a role in that, I'm sure.

It's also not all that hard to believe that maybe... just maybe... most of the people in prison, regardless of race, deserve to be there. And that it's not some big conspiracy by government to keep all non-whites down.
What a double standard. Anyone who is in possession deserves to be there. Just because you weren't caught, doesn't mean you aren't breaking the law. Jail is meant to rehabilitate those who break the law. Do you recall the War on Drugs targeting your neighborhoods? Do you recall police pulling you over because you "fit the profile"? No you don't. You're not a victim of harsh generalization from oppressors in power. Citizens of the lower class are. THAT'S why the prison population is filled with minorities. It's no damn secret. The hate and ignorance toward colored folks has been passed down from generation to generation, and the folks who aren't affected by it easily overlook that cuz they don't make that kind of injustice their concern. We look too deep into the fact that it's minorities in jail when it's all really about the class of person in jail. America is still as prejudice as before, we just traded race with class now.

Last edited by R-iZZy; 04-11-2011 at 04:44 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago