Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
190 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
35 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-09-2011, 05:25 PM         #181
ptPablo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 refuze said:
Someone give her a compilation of Common, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Lupe, Blu, and Rakim.

Just cause all she hears on the mainstream radio are demeaning types of songs, it doesn't mean hip-hop is all about that. Ignorant statement.
Common has mad songs calling women hoes. Justsaying. But yeah she's still ignorant as hell.
 7 years ago '07        #182
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
 awall said:
because movies aren't 99% black like rap music.....

they only get mad when n!ggas are doing our thing.
 04-09-2011, 06:35 PM         #183
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tsukuyomi said:
Lol... Your only conclusion is racism?

I mean... really. Read over what you're saying. Let me repeat what I said earlier.

You are trying to convince me that racist white people who watched Oprah's show regularly, stopped watching her show because she endorsed a black man.

Oprah officially publicly endorsed Barack Obama on the month of May, 2007 and by then Barack had been in a race for democratic presidential candidacy against Hillary Clinton. Also, by then much of Barack's views had been publicly documented, which warranted difference of opinion, if any.
His campaign promises had been publicly documented you have to wait for someone to be in office before you see what kind of president they are. Bottom line is they judged a book by it's cover and got angry when Oprah endorsed him The talk show queen's favorability dropped from 74% to 66% and her unfavorability ratings jumped to 26% after she held a political rally in support of Obama's candidacy three years ago before he spent a day in office. Do you really think these people were up on Illinois politics? So they judged him off what his campaign trail? Like I said at best their ignorant. At worst racist, Oprah sold out.
 7 years ago '10        #184
Matrix 52 heat pts52
space
space
$9,508 | Props total: 48 48
 GravityEraser52 said:
I don't think you understand what I was saying. And by your comment I know you're not blacc. I can compare any type of music I want. If you're sending a message that being hell bound is cool, or girls kissing girls is okay, then to me thats worse than calling a woman who sleeps with any and everybody just for fame or money a ho.

And if you are raised blacc then you are prepared for everything you did to be placed under a microscope. That comment just shows your ignorance of the urban hip-hop culture. We have it hard from birth and our caretakers gave us tough love and that came with an occasional curse word or two.

I love my mother to death and would never call her out her name, but if she was out there Ho-ing and carrying on, then I wouldn't be surprised if she got called one.

Maybe in your house hold you were patted on the bacc and told "yeah guy! You can do it!" But in mines it was "Boi get off your as* and make it happen! And don't be messing around with them Hos either. You might catch something." But never has hip-hop even the harshest words I ever heard in a rap, made think about k!lling or raping people. So what thats.lut said about hip-hop was out of line and ignorant period-point-blank... The message/lesson is hidden underneath amongst the rough exterior of the rapper and the song: you'd have to understand and know the culture to truly understand it.

And the negative stereotypes come from people like you who have no idea what is like to have to f!ght for everything you have, and still try to keep it right with God above. People fear what they don't understand, and for you to talk about stereo types lets me know you don't know sh*t about what you're speaking on.

Stereotypes are for robotic thinkers like yourself who let the people around you and the media influence your thoughts leading you to believe that there is a such thing as a stereotype. I know way more good blacc people than I do bad, and none of those so called stereotypes seem to exist. Stop getting you opinion from your parents and TV and come mingle with blacc people who have just as much class and intelligence as you think you have.

I'll raise you one Tsukuyomi
[pic - click to view]

or it's

Checc mate Jackson!
[pic - click to view]

POWERFUL post..
 7 years ago '04        #185
pdemur 1 heat pts
space
space
$365 | Props total: 62 62
Biches ain't sh*t so suck the d!ck
 7 years ago '05        #186
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
 Ashley Judd said:
"As far as I'm concerned, most rap and hip-hop music -- with it's r*pe culture and insanely abusive lyrics and depictions of girls and women as 'ho's' -- is the contemporary soundtrack of misogyny."
damn, although some of it I can agree with. I gotta admit, she sounding real angry
 7 years ago '06        #187
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
That bi*ch is a actor. And not a good one at that accept for one movie and that was "Double Jeopardy". Otherwise why would her opinion matter about hip-hop music.

Yeah a lot of the music these days is trash but to me it's not hip-hop it's rap music. Real hip-hop is a culture and don't degrade women. There should be a change in genre about hip-hop and rap music.
 7 years ago '05        #188
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
lol...yall give these white people and white women to much attention..i know this thread is full white boys defending her...but its pointless to give a white woman this much attention. i mean come a white woman.
u just selling her book.

exploiting the black culture as usual...peace.
 7 years ago '04        #189
Skilllz 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,250 | Props total: 1396 1396
LMFAO @ Actress/abuse victim
 7 years ago '04        #190
RIAA 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,969 | Props total: 1742 1742
So what rapper is going to step up and say Country music is "crystal meth culture"

99.9% of the people I see on tv gettin' busted for cookin' / sellin' meth out of their trailer / car are red neck rural hicks that you know damn well all they listen to is Country music!
 7 years ago '05        #191
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,176 | Props total: 11720 11720
 davon4204 said:
accept for one movie and that was "Double Jeopardy"
that sh*t was raw tho
 04-10-2011, 04:24 PM         #192
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tsukuyomi said:
So now it's not that they didn't know his views on issues, it's that he wasn't in office yet?
Oprah officially publicly endorsed Barack Obama on the month of May, 2007 and by then Barack had been in a race for democratic presidential candidacy against Hillary Clinton. In 2007 Obama was still a senator you think people really knew his politics? Yeah cause not only does the average person know all the senators their fully versed on all their politics. So no they didn't know his issues nor was he in the executive office at that time all they knew was he was black and might be a muslim. That was enough to drop Oprah's favorability rating she's afraid that will happen again so she sold out.
 04-10-2011, 04:51 PM         #193
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tsukuyomi said:
The average person who watched the news (because his race against Hillary was highly publicized around the country) would've known enough of his views by the time Oprah endorsed him.
That's what i'm saying tho that's on the campaign trail. It's like for example when i'm talking to a female i'll tell her all these good things i'm going to do my campaign trail so to speak, but if she looks at my past relationships or past politics so to speak, she would know I just play females for they money. Most presidential candidates don't fulfill their campaign promises. Anyone who isn't ignorant knows politicians lie you have too look at their past politics and they weren't up on that. So like I said at best their ignorant at worst racist. Oprah sold out. Was it a smart move yes, but to not put you're beliefs out there if someone asks at the fear of losing viewers is a sell out move.
 7 years ago '09        #194
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,076 | Props total: 8847 8847
 GravityEraser52 said:
I don't think you understand what I was saying. And by your comment I know you're not blacc. I can compare any type of music I want. If you're sending a message that being hell bound is cool, or girls kissing girls is okay, then to me thats worse than calling a woman who sleeps with any and everybody just for fame or money a ho.

And if you are raised blacc then you are prepared for everything you did to be placed under a microscope. That comment just shows your ignorance of the urban hip-hop culture. We have it hard from birth and our caretakers gave us tough love and that came with an occasional curse word or two.

I love my mother to death and would never call her out her name, but if she was out there Ho-ing and carrying on, then I wouldn't be surprised if she got called one.

Maybe in your house hold you were patted on the bacc and told "yeah guy! You can do it!" But in mines it was "Boi get off your as* and make it happen! And don't be messing around with them Hos either. You might catch something." But never has hip-hop even the harshest words I ever heard in a rap, made think about k!lling or raping people. So what thats.lut said about hip-hop was out of line and ignorant period-point-blank... The message/lesson is hidden underneath amongst the rough exterior of the rapper and the song: you'd have to understand and know the culture to truly understand it.

And the negative stereotypes come from people like you who have no idea what is like to have to f!ght for everything you have, and still try to keep it right with God above. People fear what they don't understand, and for you to talk about stereo types lets me know you don't know sh*t about what you're speaking on.

Stereotypes are for robotic thinkers like yourself who let the people around you and the media influence your thoughts leading you to believe that there is a such thing as a stereotype. I know way more good blacc people than I do bad, and none of those so called stereotypes seem to exist. Stop getting you opinion from your parents and TV and come mingle with blacc people who have just as much class and intelligence as you think you have.

I'll raise you one Tsukuyomi
[pic - click to view]

or it's

Checc mate Jackson!
[pic - click to view]

my n*gga

Ashley Judd racist bi*ch
 7 years ago '04        #195
R-iZZy 13 heat pts13
space
space
$4,066 | Props total: 585 585
 Tsukuyomi said:
By you thinking you can narrow down a person's race by their comments makes me not want to even waste the time replying... BUT... I will...

First off, you're mistaken. You don't know I'm not black. For one, you've no way to prove what race I am.

and you're right, you CAN compare any type of music you want... but not when this is the comparison

It's funny how rockers can talk about shooting somebody dead and glamorize going to hell. Not to mention the dirty pop stars who promote bis3xual conduct. They don't get attacked for the misleading things they say. But hip-hop gets the brunt of the bi*ching.

I already explained to you why hip hop bears the brunt of criticism today when even some rock gets trashy. The keyword there was some. In all my years listening to hip hop, I can safely say that not just some, but most hip hop is trashy.

and as for the last part of that paragraph, how many rappers actually distinguish between the 'hoes' and the non-hoes? Not many I'd say. To me that's just an excuse. I'll even use BX as an example. BX is a hip hop website, yet everyday I see posts by random users referring to women as bi*ches. Not just the skeezers, or wh0ores or whatever... I've seen Michelle Obama referred to as a bi*ch, Oprah, dozens of actresses, singers, female cartoon characters... whatever. No, Gravity... In the hip-hop culture, bi*ch isn't a word used solely in reference to hoes, it is used to refer to one's girlfriend (i.e My bi*ch by Biggie), one's wife, the random woman. The word bi*ch is used to refer to women in general. Not a specific sub-group of s3xaholic women, but women in general. Why do I say that? Because that is how it is most often used within the hip hop culture.

FYI... I can name plenty of rappers who glorify the lesbian lifestyle. As far as being hell bound. What do you mean? Like music that worships Satan? I hardly see how that qualifies.

Blacks make up 13 percent of the US population, yet are over-represented in prison and in crime statistics. That is where the stereotypes come from and these statistic's consistency is what keeps the stereotypes around.

To the bolded: How in the world do you know? Do you know me? That's a strong a.ssumption there.

Calling hip hop a r*pe culture was a bit excessive, and I didn't defend that bit. But she was completely correct in her a.ssessment of it as a misogynistic genre. It is.
That's unfair to say when you consider that American society as a whole is misogynistic. We might all talk about equality, but to act like this society hasn't taken on a patriarchal approach is ridiculous. Hip-hop degrades women just like the rest of American culture (look at our television programs, magazine spreads, music videos, video games, etc.). We're not here to compare which is the lesser of evils, the point is everyone partakes in it. You can't point the finger at one criminal and ignore the other just because one is victimizing more people. Both are abusing society, therefore both need to be dealt with.

And I know it's not easy to really identify your race without concrete evidence, but it's almost pretty easy to spot if you actually come from the upbringing of black culture (although you could very well be black, you certainly don't have the "black" mentality [I put that in quotations because that transcends race]). Most people who live outside of our culture condemn our behavior rather than question and try to understand it. Unfortunately you did just that. Yes, we do label women as "bi*ches" without second-thought of its offensiveness. That's definitely not something I condone. I personally don't do it, and there are others in this culture who don't either. But we do understand where it comes from. Women can be just as dirty, scheming and conniving as men (if not more) in the projects. Most of 'em are quick-tempered, angry, loud show-outs who just wanna p!ss you off, and will fu*k your boys just to get at you. Some women will even trap you through childbirth and try living off your child support checks while mishandling the funds. It's not something I would think is so prevalent on the other side of the white picket fence, but if it is, it's definitely not done on as grand a scale as the black side.

And yes, though blacks do make up a huge portion of the prison population, it's not all that ridiculous to believe when you consider government uses the prison system to control minorities in this country. It's a crying shame when you consider the Native-Americans have the second largest rate of incarcerations (we're talking about a group that makes up less than 2 percent of this country). Drug-related arrests are ridiculously unfavorable towards blacks even though the engagement of drug possession between blacks and whites are quite comparable.

This is how it's easy to tell you're not black. Because you make excuses as for why black folks take the brunt for bad sh*t. It's exactly what this society wants you to do. In the end, we're all bad and no one's really trying to find a middle ground for the good of this society as a whole.

Last edited by R-iZZy; 04-11-2011 at 03:56 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #196
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,331 | Props total: 1654 1654
I ain't gon' fap to this ho again next time. I'm listening to some misogynistic music just to spite her.
 7 years ago '04        #197
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
okay she is a white woman and don't know ay black ppl and here pret are country siger what you expect for her to say. She is not in any hood trying to make a difference. She don't care about black ppl unless they are serving her food or opening her car door.
 7 years ago '04        #198
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
I love when a white person try to tell me what racism is or isn't, man shut the fu*k up
 7 years ago '07        #199
|JOHN| 
space
space
$1,156 | Props total: 57 57
i just stopped reading
 7 years ago '06        #200
bugsysgd 
space
space
$1,076 | Props total: 1 1
studies show that areas that play mostly country music have more suicide cases so it's sounds like that's a bigger problem to me
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
274 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
26 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
127 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Donald Trump reportedly watches up to 8 hours of TV every day
54 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
154 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy