Roy Jones Jr. Now Battered By The IRS, Owes $3.5 Million

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
240 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
249 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
60 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
9360 pageviews
27 comments

STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Roy Jones Jr. Now Battered By The IRS, Owes $3.5 Million

[pic - click to view]

By Mark Vester

Former heavyweight champ Roy Jones Jr. is the latest boxer to take a pounding from the IRS. After it was recently revealed that Floyd Mayweather Jr. was hit with a past due tax bill of nearly $3.4 million, former four division champion Roy Jones Jr. has been hit with an even bigger bill for $3.5 million dollars. Robert Snell of The Detroit News reports that the IRS filed a $629,085 lien against Jones on March 21 with the Santa Rosa County Clerk in Florida. Those taxes are owed from 2009, but there is also another lien, which was filed on February 11, 2008 for $2,946,650 in Santa Rosa County. That bill is for Jones' earnings in 2003 and 2004. Jones returns on May 22 in Moscow against dangerous cruiserweight Denis Lebedev.

[pic - click to view]

Roy Jones Jr. Now Battered By The IRS, Owes $3.5 Million - Boxing News

27 comments for "Roy Jones Jr. Now Battered By The IRS, Owes $3.5 Million"

7 years ago '04        #2
..:Fame:.. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,124 | Props total: 997 997
Damn Roy
 7 years ago '04        #3
DaKidB.A.N.K.$ 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,187 | Props total: 3 3
that explains why the n*gga still f!ghting, he hasn't looked like the real roy since tarver floored him

thats still my n*gga tho
 7 years ago '10        #4
Marcus Aurelius 49 heat pts49
space
space
$7,900 | Props total: 3973 3973
JUST PAY YOUR fu*kING TAXES! Why do these celebrities think they can get off with this sh*t? You think the IRS doesn't see your name on the TV, billboards, hear you a.ss on the radio, etc. and know you're making millions? You MIGHT slip something by them but definitely not hundreds of thousands/millions and anything less simply isn't worth the trouble when you're making that kind of money. And then to make it worse, it's not like they're on some "haha damn you caught me, I was just testing you. Let me pull the money out my account". They spend all that money and end up in jail or debt like a damn dummy.

Last edited by Marcus Aurelius; 04-07-2011 at 09:46 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #5
SpacelyPockets 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,808 | Props total: 404 404
itsalwaystheblackathletesgotdamnit
 7 years ago '10        #6
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 super vILLain said:
JUST PAY YOUR fu*kING TAXES! Why do these celebrities think they can get off with this sh*t? You think the IRS doesn't see your name on the TV, billboards, hear you a.ss on the radio, etc. and know you're making millions? You MIGHT slip something by them but definitely not hundreds of thousands/millions and anything less simply isn't worth the trouble when you're making that kind of money. And then to make it worse, it's not like they're on some "haha damn you caught me, I was just testing you. Let me pull the money out my account". They spend all that money and end up in jail or debt like a damn dummy.
easier said then done
 7 years ago '04        #7
dirtybayrecordz 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,061 | Props total: 1477 1477
 7 years ago '10        #8
Marcus Aurelius 49 heat pts49
space
space
$7,900 | Props total: 3973 3973
 RtodaAV said:
easier said then done
Uh, no, it's easy to say and do, especially when you're a millionaire and can afford an accountant if you're too stupid to do it yourself. Report how much you make, pay them what they tell you. Stay free and out of debt.
 7 years ago '10        #9
StillScrappy 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,942 | Props total: 92 92
I dont live in America i reside elsewhere with no taxes, can some intelligent BX member please explain how these celebrities are taxed, isnt it thier money?

No hate, like i said im not American, and my country doesnt do taxes, so i never had to learn about it in highschool/college.
 7 years ago '04        #10
Exs 152 heat pts152
space
space
$5,788 | Props total: 1346 1346
:beat:
 7 years ago '06        #11
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
With all that money, you can't hire someone to make sure you're straight for the future?

Nobody every gets away with avoiding taxes, that sh*t brings down mob bosses because they can't get them on anything else.

Can't say I feel bad for him, but he does seem to be a decent guy.
 7 years ago '09        #12
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,657 | Props total: 2772 2772
He got it..... right?????
 7 years ago '06        #13
revolution03 
space
space
$2,977 | Props total: 1 1
looks like he'll be in another match very soon
 7 years ago '06        #14
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,678 | Props total: 8631 8631
I got real question

would you got to jail to keep 3.5mil or would you pay your taxes so you dont go to jail
 7 years ago '06        #15
Jaguar34 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,905 | Props total: 2 2
 StillScrappy said:
I dont live in America i reside elsewhere with no taxes, can some intelligent BX member please explain how these celebrities are taxed, isnt it thier money?

No hate, like i said im not American, and my country doesnt do taxes, so i never had to learn about it in highschool/college.

Where do you live that doesn't do taxes?

Anyway celebs (along with everyone else) have to file income every year. Some choose either to not to do this or to not file all of their income. Usually celebs tend to do the latter. They make money from TV, radio, appearances, and other business ventures along with their primary income so they a.ssume that nothing bad will come out of it. Especially since they filed their primary income. And this is where they fu*k up.

The IRS will look into every dime you earned each year and after they know exactly how much you made, they will do one of two things.

-Quickly threaten arrest for Tax Evasion when you're doing well in your career (Wesley Snipes, Helio Castroneves)

-Lean on you when your career is waning and you aren't making too much money. Then they either throw you in jail when you can't pay, or they recoup all of your a.ssets and send you home broke (Roy Jones, Lil Jon, Hammer, and every other black celebrity without a good accountant)

Almost every time this happens to minorities.
 04-07-2011, 10:38 PM         #16
OOps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dam like that, who the fu*k was taking care of his paper whyle he was boxing.
 7 years ago '07        #17
nwadei 34 heat pts34
space
space
$4,394 | Props total: 1 1
at battered
 7 years ago '06        #18
Jaguar34 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,905 | Props total: 2 2
 marcusaka50 said:
I got real question

would you got to jail to keep 3.5mil or would you pay your taxes so you dont go to jail
Depends on the situation. If I was Wesley Snipes, I would've just paid everything I owed before it got out of hand (n*gga was facing 16 years), did another Blade movie with some other works and I would've filed every year afterward.

In Roy's situation I might just say fu*k it and do the couple years they're pushing. They'll still get you for a good amount of money, but skipping trial and pleading out will get you out sooner than you'd expect.

He would be getting knocked out by so no-name Light Heavyweight in no time

It's a shame because Roy used to do everything right. Boxing, rapping, dude every played in the D-League for my hometown team. Time will beat anyone's a.ss.
 7 years ago '07        #19
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4823 4823
i wish these sissy a.ss celebs would put some of those millions into f!ghtin tha irs
 7 years ago '08        #20
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,764 | Props total: 12243 12243
 SpacelyPockets said:
itsalwaystheblackathletesgotdamnit
Most white athletes pay they taxes on time and don'tt spend they bread on Cocaine White Bentley's and pendents of them dunking on people
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
35 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy