Apr 7 - Malcolm X Was "Gay-for-Pay," New Book Says

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
5 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
77 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #21
2up2down703 
space
space
$903 | Props total: 1 1
 SHOWTIME said:
i heard the nagging claims... what evidence is there though?

pictures?
statements from homos?
movie?
wiretaps?
wrtten notes?

.... what evidence is there?

AND NO IM NOT BUYING OR READING THE fu*kING BOOK
 J.R. Hyphy said:
First, I heard this book is good!

I've heard these claims for years now, and whatever he did it does not change my respect for him. I know gay family members and family member who've died from HIV AIDS.

I hate how black people get lumped into things. We are not a monolith, and all are not homophobic. Peace to Malcolm.
These . . . .
 7 years ago '07        #22
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376
I think he did in his Detroit Red days but I think that was about it

when he became Malcolm X is when the Feds started monitoring everything this man did. If he was fooling around with other guys the feds would have definitely used that in order to destroy his public image and discredit the man. The Nation of Islam would have used that against him as well, that they kicked out brother Malcolm because he was a homos3xual.
 7 years ago '10        #23
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 46 46
R.I.P. Malcolm X.
 04-07-2011, 06:12 PM         #24
ALLSCREWEDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
on a side note, naggers are annoying!
 04-07-2011, 06:23 PM         #25
TUNES707 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CaliIsActive said:
Crackers and uncle toms will do anything to embarrassed a black icon after he cant speak for himself

where were all these accusations when he was alive?
and youre better because?
 7 years ago '10        #26
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,973 | Props total: 1798 1798
 SHOWTIME said:

pictures?
statements from homos?
movie?
wiretaps?
wrtten notes?

exactly....imma need some proof,not just hearsay
 7 years ago '06        #27
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,690 | Props total: 8648 8648
I guess slave men was sucking each other d!ck on the boat to america

man i dont even give sh*t if its true
 7 years ago '04        #28
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2114 2114
The real question is if it were true would you think anything he did was any less important? Im a cracker btw...
 04-07-2011, 07:14 PM         #29
PeteyRoll 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dont care about his s3xuality, but what this man stood for and what he did! fu*k the rest
 04-07-2011, 07:30 PM         #30
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people can put this sh*t out to slander X but it wont change my opinion of him whether its true or not. U still see black folks and this thread still standing strong. X is a prince. one of the realest men to ever walk this earth.

X didnt have that weak submissive mentality like the rest of these negroes out here. dude was so intelligent and down earth its ridiculous
 7 years ago '04        #31
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
this isnt slanderous or libelous in the slightest. Marable is a noted black historian and took meticulous care to in researching this book. Its a shame that he died before he could refute claims of diminishing the legacy of Malcolm X.

People forget that its WELL known that a lot of the things Malcolm Little had done were so embarrassing to Malcolm X that he refused to even discuss them with Alex Haley.

This bis3xuality was before his conversion, and should have no impact anyone's perception of the man that he eventually became.
 7 years ago '10        #32
Pete Butter 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 143 143
"Sadly, Marable died April 1, just days before the release of his magnum opus, an exhaustive and new 594-page biography Malcolm X: A Life of Reinvention, on April 4th, which also marks the anniversary of Martin Luther King's a.ssassination in 1968."

So no one finds it ironic that the book release is on the anniversary of MLK's a.ssassination? I smell propaganda :disdain2:
 7 years ago '06        #33
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 carltouss619 said:
LOL this will be the only book about Black history white people will not give 1 or 2 stars too
 04-07-2011, 10:27 PM         #34
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just finished reading malcolm's book like a week ago, and this is bullsh*t.
 04-07-2011, 10:32 PM         #35
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 <<InphDigi>> said:
this isnt slanderous or libelous in the slightest. Marable is a noted black historian and took meticulous care to in researching this book. Its a shame that he died before he could refute claims of diminishing the legacy of Malcolm X.

People forget that its WELL known that a lot of the things Malcolm Little had done were so embarrassing to Malcolm X that he refused to even discuss them with Alex Haley.

This bis3xuality was before his conversion, and should have no impact anyone's perception of the man that he eventually became.
how would you know if he didn't tell alex haley everything? the man spent damn near 2 years with alex going over to alex's place telling him his life story, and he malcolm himself said he even worked for a woman and served under her to keep married white women company while their husbands where off getting drunk at a bar somewhere......he elaborated more than that but this is crazy.
 7 years ago '04        #36
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
 Tommy_Bunz said:
how would you know if he didn't tell alex haley everything? the man spent damn near 2 years with alex going over to alex's place telling him his life story, and he malcolm himself said he even worked for a woman and served under her to keep married white women company while their husbands where off getting drunk at a bar somewhere......he elaborated more than that but this is crazy.
When people tell the story of their life, they get to control the narrative, and it would be extremely gullible to expect that Malcolm X wasn't selective about what he conveyed about his life to Haley.
 7 years ago '07        #37
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #38
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,131 | Props total: 4527 4527
 jlandryst said:

[pic - click to view]

Before anyone in the lesbian, gay, bis3xual, and transgender communities laud Malcolm X as the new gay icon or castigate him for being a black heteros3xist nationalist on the "down low," we might need to closely examine the recent revelation that for a period in his life Malcolm X engaged in same-s3x relationships.

Also, before any of us in the African American community flatly dismiss these a.ssertions as part and parcel of a racist conspiratorial propaganda machine that is out to discredit our brother Malcolm, we need, at least, to hear these nagging claims.

And this time hear them coming from one of our own -- Manning Marable, a renowned and respected African American historian and social critic from Columbia University.

Sadly, Marable died April 1, just days before the release of his magnum opus, an exhaustive and new 594-page biography Malcolm X: A Life of Reinvention, on April 4th, which also marks the anniversary of Martin Luther King's a.ssassination in 1968.

His a.ssertions in the book -- deriving from meticulously combing through 6,000 pages of F.B.I. files obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, records from the Central Intelligence Agency, State Department and New York district attorney's office, as well as his interviews with members of Malcolm X's inner circle and security team -- leave the reader in shock and awe.

For those of us who always thought Malcolm X's a.ssassination, as with King's, had everything to do with J. Edgar Hoover's F.B.I., we are correct. Marable emphatically states that both the F.B.I. and NYPD had advance knowledge of the a.ssassination plot on Malcolm X's life, and did nothing to abort it.

But what will come as a shock is Marable's a.ssertions that the Malcolm X the world has come to know through Alex Haley's 1965 New York Times bestseller The Autobiography of Malcolm X and Spike Lee's 1992 film Malcolm X, based largely on Haley's book, is fictive. And the spin we have is in part due to Malcolm himself.

In creating an autobiographical narrative that would have his book fly off of the shelves as well as elevate his status to a national -- if not world -- stage, Malcolm X intentionally fabricated, exaggerated, glossed over, and omitted vital facts about his life. One such fact omitted was his same-s3x relationship with a white businessman.

The claim, no doubt, will become a hotly contested topic in sectors of the African American community. With an iconography of racist images of black masculinity ranging from back in the day as Sambos, Uncle Toms, coons, and bucks to gangsta hip-hoppers, Malcolm represented the negation of them.

As a pop-culture hero to young black males of this generation and as the quintessential representation of black manhood of both America's Black Civil Rights and Black Power eras, a gay Malcolm X will be a hard, if not impossible, sell to the African American community.

And here's why:

At Malcolm X's funeral, held at the Faith Temple Church Of God in February 27, 1965, Ossie Davis, renowned African American actor and civil rights activist, delivered the eulogy stating the following:

Harlem has come to bid farewell to one of its brightest hopes. ...Malcolm was our manhood, our living, black manhood! This was his meaning to his people. ...And we will know him then for what he was and is. A prince. Our own black shining prince who didn't hesitate to die because he loved us so.

For a gangsta hip-hop generation Malcolm Little -- before his conversation to the Nation of Islam and name change -- represents for them a lauded hypermasculinity. And their male-dominated musical genre is aesthetically built on the most misogynistic and homophobic strains of Black Nationalism and afrocentricism.

But this claim by Marable, however, of Malcolm's same-s3x relationship is not new. Reports of Malcolm X's queerness were first revealed in Bruce Perry's 1991 biography, Malcolm: The Life of a Man Who Changed Black America.

According to Perry, Malcolm's same-s3x dalliances date back to childhood, where he enjoyed being masturbated or fellated. In his 20s, Perry informs us, Malcolm had a sustained s3xual relationship with a transvestite named Willie Mae, and also he had s3x with gay men for money, boasting he serviced "queers."

I am not heteros3xist apologist, but if the LGBTQ people use this era of Malcolm's life to claim him as gay, we misunderstand the art and survivalism of street hustling culture.

Similarly, if we, as African Americans, use this era of Malcolm's life to dismiss that he engaged in same-s3x relationships, many will miss the opportunity to purge ourselves of homophobic attitudes.

When Malcolm came to Boston to live with his older half-sister, Roxbury's Ella Little Collins, he was 16, having dropped out of school at 15. With no job skills and looking for the most expedient route to acquire money, Malcolm peddled cocaine, broke into homes of Boston's well-to-do, gambled big at poker games, and unabashedly serviced gay men for pay.

While it can be argued that Malcolm's same-s3x encounters were not solely financially motivated, let us also not dismiss that the only evidence we do have is the context in which he was.

ive read about that in different books. if it is true..it was b4 he turned religious tho. i just hope he wasnt the one getting butt plugged. pause
 7 years ago '04        #39
Bossalinie 
space
space
$4,756 | Props total: 41 41
who cares if people like fu*king men or like fu*king women?

as long as they aint fu*king animals or little kids.. we good
 7 years ago '08        #40
lifetimez 
space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
 SHOWTIME said:

pictures?
statements from homos?
movie?
wiretaps?
wrtten notes?

So you want to know the evidence...but are not willing to take the best step to find that out, which is to read the damn book...?
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
136 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
111 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Nov NPD: PS4 wins, COD wins, Xbox Makes Money.
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy