Mobb Deep Shook Ones sample has been uncovered

most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
179 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-07-2011, 06:53 PM         #81
TampaBay Bucs  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Imagin3 said:
thank god i wasnt drinkin anything when you said that sh*t
i would have spit that sh*t all over my pc
ugk better than outkast?

Problem? Super Tight, Ridin Dirty & Dirty Money > Aquemini, Southernplayalistic & ATLiens IMO. That said I fu*ks with Outkast but I prefer UGK.
 04-07-2011, 07:01 PM         #82
TheCityOnMyMind  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
one of the best beats ever..........
 7 years ago '07        #83
young mad 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,575 | Props total: 7453 7453
Havoc one of the GOATs...pure Genius, took 20 years to figure this out
 7 years ago '06        #84
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
 Damagegadget said:
maybe I missed something, but Im sure people that are into crates heavy knew where that sample came from for a while now..I knew

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #85
vazquez1085 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,831 | Props total: 252 252
crazy how a dirty version never leaked
 7 years ago '05        #86
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,815 | Props total: 2614 2614
now that's the type of sampling I respect. n*ggas nowadays loop a dope old song and add drums and think they the greatest. can't even add basslines cause n*ggas know nothin about scales.
 7 years ago '04        #87
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 Martel said:
now that's the type of sampling I respect. n*ggas nowadays loop a dope old song and add drums and think they the greatest. can't even add basslines cause n*ggas know nothin about scales.
You do realize that the predominant way of filtering back in those days (w/ MPC/SP1200) was low pass filtering because a lot of those dudes didn't know how to play basslines either?
 7 years ago '05        #88
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
 akademiks said:
You do realize that the predominant way of filtering back in those days (w/ MPC/SP1200) was low pass filtering because a lot of those dudes didn't know how to play basslines either?
yea, i know that. that's cool. it's 2011 if u can't make basslines out of all the technology and information we have now u should quit.
 7 years ago '04        #89
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Martel said:
yea, i know that. that's cool. it's 2011 if u can't make basslines out of all the technology and information we have now u should quit.
Low pass filtering gives you a way different tone than creating your own bassline..

It sounds more organic and fits most sample-based tracks better than adding a separate bassline.
 7 years ago '05        #90
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
 akademiks said:
Low pass filtering gives you a way different tone than creating your own bassline..

It sounds more organic and fits most sample-based tracks better than adding a separate bassline.
Fit's Most?

Naw, they fit all .......if you drop a low pass filter on the sample your using.

Low End Theory anyone??? Pete Rock!
 7 years ago '05        #91
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
Great site, great sample, great song.
 7 years ago '05        #92
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
 akademiks said:

it takes no skill that's all im saying. say what you want but the bassline on rick ross here i am, or talib kweli get by or scarface guess who's back, jay-z song cry, slum village - climax etc sounds way better than filtering the bassline already in the sample. not to mention the bassline will be clearer and you get to control what notes that are playing. if u cant play out a bassline ull never be able to do what havoc did here. the bassline in shook ones didn't come from filtering out this herbie hancock sample.
 7 years ago '04        #93
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,321 | Props total: 2472 2472
i dont kno the 1st thing bout makin a beat but this is amazing
 7 years ago '04        #94
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Martel said:
it takes no skill that's all im saying. say what you want but the bassline on rick ross here i am, or talib kweli get by or scarface guess who's back, jay-z song cry, slum village - climax etc sounds way better than filtering the bassline already in the sample. not to mention the bassline will be clearer and you get to control what notes that are playing. if u cant play out a bassline ull never be able to do what havoc did here. the bassline in shook ones didn't come from filtering out this herbie hancock sample.
It actually sounds to me like the Shook Ones bassline does come from a low-pass.. A lot of tracks use the technique still. It may sound better to play it out on some songs, but it just doesn't fit on a lot of tracks.

Like Jay-Z's DOA has a grittier sample and they used low-pass.

It's way more common than you think, and it doesn't have to do with the talent level of the producer.
 7 years ago '05        #95
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 akademiks said:
It actually sounds to me like the Shook Ones bassline does come from a low-pass.. A lot of tracks use the technique still. It may sound better to play it out on some songs, but it just doesn't fit on a lot of tracks.

It's way more common than you think, and it doesn't have to do with the talent level of the producer.
I feel you.

im not expert, wouldn't even dub myself a novice yet. but the tampering i have done with samples and low-pass filters, the basslines from low-pass fit much more better and sounds a hell of alot more in tune.

i listen to ugk, and they have some of the NASTIEST basslines i done heard (Personal Opinion) but a low-pass from the sample in use yields more natural results.
 7 years ago '07        #96
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
Oh sh*t. Make this thread a classic.
 7 years ago '05        #97
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
 akademiks said:

yea im pretty sure it comes from a low-pass sample but to even merge two samples together you'd have to know a bit about music theory or else it would be off key and offbeat but Havoc did it and chopped it up perfectly. all i was trying to say is producers should know how to put a bassline to a sample. Kanye knows, Nottz knows, Dilla knows, Havoc knows etc.
 7 years ago '04        #98
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,369 | Props total: 6383 6383
 Martel said:
yea im pretty sure it comes from a low-pass sample but to even merge two samples together you'd have to know a bit about music theory or else it would be off key and offbeat but Havoc did it and chopped it up perfectly. all i was trying to say is producers should know how to put a bassline to a sample. Kanye knows, Nottz knows, Dilla knows, Havoc knows etc.
its not really rocket science to do a bassline if you got the stuff for it
 7 years ago '05        #99
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 justinjones said:
its not really rocket science to do a bassline if you got the stuff for it
Gotta disagree with you there, as Martel said it does take knowledge of music. I wish I knew more about the science behind it so i could craft dope beats.
 7 years ago '10        #100
nigga123 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,834 | Props total: 1487 1487
The more you know.. the less u will like Hip-Hop.. FACT! (i'm mainly refering to current not past)
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
87 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
91 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
70 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
72 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy