Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
202 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #121
1dcsailor 
space
space
$211 | Props total: 7 7
 taboo1169 said:
The post is not proof Wale is winning at anything. His first album was a solid album. Although the fact that he couldn't get anything popping off of Chillin with Lady Gaga is very telling to where his career might be headed. I think that Wale is a nice rapper. This whole HIP HOP Purist stance that we take against rappers has to be put in its proper perspective. We, or at least I am not asking for rappers to rap the dictionary... No.... that doesnt mean that you can rap in my opinion. However, I am asking you to make sense and not be a gimmick. Gimmick meaning once your fad fades you fade too.. (Insert a lot of Southern artist here). I know some are going to take that the wrong way but if you look at it I am not lying. I love hip hop and in all its varieties I just think there are a lot of artist pimping the game and fans off some gimmick BS... you used to have to be able to spit to get in the game.... Rappers would black ball you... Not to mention Hip Hop is Dead... Nas said it best... I didnt believe him at first, but just tune into your local radio station and see for yourself. I love Wale I think the dude is nice... good luck though on your career and your image is missing something substantial that connects with the people.... If you dont think he can spit listen to that song Family Affair... Not to mention IDK know if the Maybach Music Group is the best place for you... Self Made will tell the tale. ....ONe
What you have to understand is that is was waaaaaaaay to early for him to have a Gaga feature, that's something you do when you're an established, successful artist trying to crossover, and even then a Gaga track is a big risk. I'm with you on artists making sense, but I disagree when it comes to hip hop is dead. MAINSTREAM hip hop might be dead to SOME extent, but I doubt underground hip hop will ever die. Wale is dope and I think Maybach music was a positive move for him, G.O.O.D music would've been a better fit but it is what it is. With Roazy on his team he will get better production, which I think will help him shine. Interscope wasn't doing much for him so he did the right thing. Oh yea and Family Affair is so dope, he painted a picture with that record, that's a real record that you can feel there. The video was dope to.
 7 years ago '06        #122
johnny 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,099 | Props total: 218 218
fu*k a wale and fu*k a hip hop purist.
 7 years ago '09        #123
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,220 | Props total: 19330 19330
 J Rob said:
The level of hate that Wale gets is just illogical. He get 3 times more hate than rappers who are significantly worse than he is and more famous than he is. (Wacka, Gucci, Soulja Boy) It just doesn't make sense. There has to be more to the story....there no reason an average rapper should get this much hate based on a lack of talent alone. He must've fu*ked some y'alls bi*ches
Tommy Bunz started a Wale wack movement and boxden n*ggas caught on...Bunz swag on trillion for that
 7 years ago '07        #124
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
being a so called hip hop purist has absolutely nothing to do with using big words
 7 years ago '05        #125
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,927 | Props total: 10790 10790
Me personally wale is alright with me. He's not sick or garbage, he's just aight and average to me. As for the state of hip-hop, nowadays it's just whatever. You have youtube so you can see your favorite rapper and don't have to worry about lookin at biased music video shows such as 106 & park and sh*t like that.

As far as lyricism, yes it's true that you don't have to use big words and going over people's heads. That's what these "real hip-hop" heads don't understand. They think being a lyricist is all about punchlines, multi-syllables, big words, and metaphors when theirs more to being a lyricist. You can be a simple rhyme type rapper with easy simple everyday common words and still be creative with substance and subject matter.

The moral of rapping is to impact your listener, not mislead them and confuse them.
 7 years ago '10        #126
1dcsailor 
space
space
$211 | Props total: 7 7
 a_ruff24 said:
So Wale's wack cus he with Ross now? Wale is my fav rapper right now but maybe im wack too idk...this is my performance from last night. 1 lone guy booed me bc he tried to bag my girl and she shut him down. They stopped recording as soon as i stopped but the crowded went crazy....I've only been to 1 wale concert, it could've been better but for the most part it was dope, and he controlled the crowd. That's what matters right?

You sound straight from what I heard, but of course there is always room for improvement. Only problem I see is n*ggas don't really fu*k with conscious rap so be ready for the he's wack comments, and If you do a record outside of "conscious rap" then be ready for the he's selling out comments. Where can I here some more of your music?
 7 years ago '04        #127
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,120 | Props total: 229 229
 Loxy Miracles said:
lol i never got the wale hate on here. its very clear dude is a above average rapper. he actually one of the better ones out here nowadays so what with all this garbage talk?

I have discovered why people are anti-Wale on message boards.

Here is the reason:
He is a sensitive rapper, that shows vulnerability and sensitivity to women more than any other topic.
 7 years ago '05        #128
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,723 | Props total: 2177 2177
 Magnificent Phoenix said:

I have discovered why people are anti-Wale on message boards.

Here is the reason:
He is a sensitive rapper, that shows vulnerability and sensitivity to women more than any other topic.
THIS..

i always felt like wale was weird.. but u put your finger right on it..

that n*gga too sensative when it comes to females.. i know some rappers got a sensative song here and there.. but this n*gga be soundin like he falls in love once a month..
 7 years ago '05        #129
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
that hate for wale here is to crazy. which must mean he getting big and doing well.
 7 years ago '10        #130
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
 thegoldenhero said:
Tommy Bunz started a Wale wack movement and boxden n*ggas caught on...Bunz swag on trillion for that

I caught on :dancingcool:
 7 years ago '04        #131
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,162 | Props total: 1608 1608
but who does he connect with?
 7 years ago '04        #132
cuzjuan 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,166 | Props total: 545 545

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

sh*t is funny as fu*k, been laffin for a min.. good post!
 7 years ago '10        #133
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 563 563
I don't think Wale is complete garbage, I just find he's ......average. Nothing special about him whatsoever but he's expecting some big buzz or universal love. I don't think I'll ever buy an album of his and yes I am one of those rare people who actually buys sh*t. Then again I am not really a fan of anyone on MMG. He is missing the point like @bigbarcelona says (Barca won today too), it is not about big words. Biggie didn't use big words, Tupac, Jigga. Even some of the conscious dudes, it's not even really that they use big words, they just talk about SOMETHING. Now I know Wale has had real content in his joints, I rocked the first few mixtapes for about a year each, he just didnt have staying power for me.
 7 years ago '10        #134
VeX 
space
space
$3,718 | Props total: 43 43
I was feeling that joint he did with GaGa other than that haven't really fu*ked with his sh*t
 7 years ago '04        #135
Joe Scumbag 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,753 | Props total: 3578 3578
 Gm0ney85 said:
THIS..

i always felt like wale was weird.. but u put your finger right on it..

that n*gga too sensative when it comes to females.. i know some rappers got a sensative song here and there.. but this n*gga be soundin like he falls in love once a month..
then by mid month hes heart broken and we all gotta see his mood swings via twitter /unfollow

this fu*k boy [wale] could have taken those comments and kept it moving .. but no he always gotta complain when n*ggas dont feel em.

Plus as far as vocab goes he always seems like an intelligent rapper guess hes now tryin to Dumb down and justify it
 7 years ago '05        #136
kapiku21 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,699 | Props total: 77 77
It's not about using "big words" which is the dumbest fu*king phrase ever..words can be found in dictionaries look them up if you don't know what it means... you can have a simple vocabulary and be a dope rapper...it's about what you saying on the tracks....if all the songs on your album are about the same sh*t why would anyone even bother...'the beat knocks hard' for that i'll just download the instrumental
 04-07-2011, 09:44 AM         #137
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't think "big words" make you ill, but neither does a limited vocab. There will always be ppl who connect with a rapper, from Canibus and Eminem to Gucci Mane and Project Pat. Obviously, some people have more extensive vocabularies than others. Some people are more versatile when it comes to topics and knowledgeable about current events. Atleast that's how it comes through in their raps. To be good is subjective, there are people who don't like Pac, or biggie, or Jay-Z, or whoever else "hip hop" people say is good. Trap n*ggas like trap music. Club people like club stuff. It's a certain type of person that listens to Lupe and actually understands every line...they think differently.

Lloyd Banks and the based dude both talk about fu*king girls....Lloyd Banks just does it way better than him.
 7 years ago '04        #138
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
space
$43,341 | Props total: 11528 11528
 D.S.O.M. said:

[pic - click to view]

i like wale but
 7 years ago '10        #139
Torres 
space
space
space
$171 | Props total: 12 12
These Wale gifs are classic almost on the young buck mc gif level. Uncle jesse throwing wale out the window and Wale breakdancing out of a pile of garbage got me dead.
 04-07-2011, 10:52 AM         #140
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 husky meat said:

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
137 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
55 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy