Wale Fires Back At Hip Hop Purists

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #81
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
i wonder why he thinks it's his big words...I didnt care for the production and beat selection to start.
 7 years ago '04        #82
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,277 | Props total: 2845 2845
 Ra-da-god said:
2004-2007
Kanye
Lupe Fiasco
Blu
Joell Ortiz
Saigon
Grafh
Cory Gunz
Sha Stimuli
Lloyd banks
Wale

hellz no lotta talent dropped in those three years bruh hip hop isn't bad now but def not better than then
no Little Brother's demise was within those years :( and Saigon didn't drop.. A lot of the rappers you mentioned couldn't get the exposure to be noticed then.. And I surely didn't know who Wale was then..
Commercial hip hop was terrible.. Everybody was snapping and doing the Laffy Taffy.. At least if you turn on the radio now days you can hear a few decent records.. Now days you got youngsters rising on a independent level due to the internet and social media.. Spitta doing his thing. Young Producers making a name for their selves
 7 years ago '04        #83
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,956 | Props total: 708 708
I ain't about big words, and hip hop purism... n*ggas just think Wale is wack lol...
 7 years ago '04        #84
Joe Scumbag 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,754 | Props total: 3580 3580
 ondatpurple said:
well thats what he means bruh. alot of ppl hate on waka flocka and artists like that for the music they make but rappers like him have alot more supporters than a joe budden or a j cole. there's still a lot of ppl that dont fux with hip hop and hate it, but they like records like "no hands". so ppl need to stop hating on artists that aren't lyrical because hip hop has many sub genres (somethin for everyone) and as long as it reaches more ppl then thats good.
they Do but even some DJs knew better then to let that track go with Wale ruining it.
He addressed this early on on twitter as the track started gettin more rotation.

I used to bump his sh*t but my whole issue with wale is he has this "False sense of Entitlement" he thinks the industry and the fans Owe Him Something

and he seems to get wacker with age
 04-06-2011, 11:44 AM         #85
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
in other words......that old sh*t I was doing......wasnt getting me no paper.........I need exposure.....and I dont give a fu*k how I get it
 7 years ago '05        #86
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,847 | Props total: 4146 4146
I think this "it is what it is, you have to accept it" nonsense is stupid. I can understand why Wocka Flocka is popular, that DOES NOT mean I have to like him or accept him. In fact, it means the opposite.

I swear, everyday hip hop is becoming more and more like the special olympics... Everyone wants to give props to everyone just because they show up and try.
 7 years ago '07        #87
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,452 | Props total: 16228 16228
 DaOmega_1 said:
I think this "it is what it is, you have to accept it" nonsense is stupid. I can understand why Wocka Flocka is popular, that DOES NOT mean I have to like him or accept him. In fact, it means the opposite.

I swear, everyday hip hop is becoming more and more like the special olympics... Everyone wants to give props to everyone just because they show up and try.
thats the problem with the masses of people...and why it is appropriate to call them sheeple. Because you herd them all into a cage, and they accept it
 7 years ago '04        #88
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 CTre said:
no Little Brother's demise was within those years :( and Saigon didn't drop.. A lot of the rappers you mentioned couldn't get the exposure to be noticed then.. And I surely didn't know who Wale was then..
Commercial hip hop was terrible.. Everybody was snapping and doing the Laffy Taffy.. At least if you turn on the radio now days you can hear a few decent records.. Now days you got youngsters rising on a independent level due to the internet and social media.. Spitta doing his thing. Young Producers making a name for their selves
you looking at the bad what about the Good like Kanye? his success has allowed this new generation to exist because he made it okay to be different you're gonna tell me that drakes success eclipses kanye

ok lets look at todays hip hop scene out of all the new talent how many of them has came out and actually been super successful? Drake & Nikki (thats it really) Wale and Asher had nice buzz and flopped somewhat comparable to lil brother (for buzz not quality), Tyga, J. cole, Nipsey, Jay Rock, and Mickey Factz are all waiting to drop just like Grafh and Saigon, papoose did back 5 years ago and they had crazy buzz too. Back then you had snap rap laffy taffys and what not but how is that any different from now? you still got stupid dances like the stanky leg, the over saturation of autotuning and lets not forget Swag rap, 2007 had Soulja boy and crank dat 2011 has Lil B and cooking whats the difference? sh*t was wack then and its wack now the mainstream has been terrible and you could always hear a few good songs.

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 04-06-2011 at 12:24 PM..
 04-06-2011, 01:16 PM         #89
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:
LMAO Mainstream rap has been a.ss since 2002 n*ggaz need to stop picking hairs on which years were better.

Like Ja Rule and Bone Crusher getting played on the radio 24/7 back then is any different than Drake and Waka Flocka now

Like Nas didn't try to push those wack a.ss Bravehearts over that wack a.ss Lil John Beat

Like No limit records didn't still exist (I know I'm a get hate but them n*ggaz trash to me)

Like Bow wow and Romeo wasn't marketing towards kids

Like Jay-z didn't drop BP2 or Vol. 3

like Eminem wasn't getting away with those wack a.ss singles he's been dropping

Like Nelly wasn't popping back then (after country grammer he fell off but still was selling with hot in here and sh*t)

Like DMX didn't fall the fu*k off after 1999

I don't know about yall but I never in any point of music liked Everything that came out mainstream and especially underground

n*ggaz need to really stop bi*ching about hiphop because I'm sick of it this bi*ching about the state of hiphop has been going on since Common came out with "I used to love H.E.R." which came out in 94 or 95 the so called "golden era of hiphop" by the boxden hiphop spot. Yall seriously sound like grumpy old men.

Why even bi*ch about artist like Lil B? I have yet to hear this n*gga on the radio nor on television or a person I know for real talk about this n*gga. Yall mad because he gets love on twitter? Has hiphop fans really become this bi*ch made?
And you must be a Lil' B fan.... yes... you are a Lil B Fan. Last, another example of a young n*gga excusing wackness. Even with those little and meaningless examples... there's a reason why all of those n*ggas today aren't around! Come on dude, if you going to put up a strong argument, at least come correct. Wack n*ggas been put out for us to listen... but at least n*ggas weren't stupid enough to fu*k with them in those days, unlike you dumb gullible n*ggas. Why you think Bone was a 1 time wonder? Why you think the Bravehearts didn't took off??? And as far as that Common comment??? n*gga, you retarded at best. And Eminem??? Isn't obvious who been heavily supporting that fool cough---white---cough? How old are you... 14??? n*gga, get the fu*k out of here and take your undercover d!ck riding f*ggot a.ss somewhere else.

Last edited by bigbarcelona; 04-06-2011 at 01:18 PM..
 04-06-2011, 01:16 PM         #90
TEK2yuhDOME 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He's sort of right,but if you have the lyrical equivalence of Waka Flocka,you shouldnt be in hip-hop period. Thats why people consider hiphop trash music,just like pop, because its a place where people like Brittney Spears and Waka can become hits with little, to no, talent at all.
 7 years ago '07        #91
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1123 1123
 Ra-da-god said:
He's not garbage to me but to each his own

Gucci mane
Lil B
Oj
Waka
Mac miller
Soulja Boy

^^^^^ thats Garbage to me Wale can actually rhyme...........

he got too many dope songs to be considered wack so..........
I agree
 7 years ago '07        #92
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,452 | Props total: 16228 16228
I just read the twitter... if vocabulary isn't impacting people then something is wrong with society period... and what kind of impact does "dumb" down lyrics have on people?? Not to mention the fact thats what they call it....dumb down.. end of story.
 7 years ago '04        #93
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,461 | Props total: 1455 1455
Im from dc. Wale is not the dopest mc from here , nowhere near but he got flow and id rather bump him over say plies
 7 years ago '05        #94
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
 bigbarcelona said:
Amen. The only reason he spewing that sh*t is because that fool is wack a.ss fu*k. n*gga couldn't be save from being garbage even if he fell out of a boat. More than anything, he missing the point as to why he sucks. Is not about how many big words you use (Biggie never did), it's about whether you can spit those sick a.ss metaphors or rhymes that leave your fu*king jaw open... sort of like this . Now, when that n*gga spits or when I heard that hot lava of garbage piece of sh*t album, my face was looking like this . After 9/11, his by far the worse thing that happened to DC and I love DC, but he sucks! The big words??? Naw n*gga, you suck!
 7 years ago '07        #95
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,608 | Props total: 918 918
 NoHope said:
He not wack just his image...
this

I really think people just don't fu*k with Wale as a brand. The image. Of course there's other sh*t, like the fact that he doesn't really "kill" songs. in hip-hop, sometimes u gotta go ham just to let n*ggas know that u still got it.
 7 years ago '09        #96
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,394 | Props total: 5104 5104
idk how ppl can fu*k with odd future and mac miller but hate on wale
 7 years ago '10        #97
Marcus Aurelius 49 heat pts49
space
space
$7,900 | Props total: 3973 3973
I see why he doesn't want to use big words, dude can't even use little words correctly. Ignoring the fact that he doesn't know how to punctuate, spell, or the difference between "their"/"they're" and "then"/"than", he says Hip Hop "ENTHUSIASTS". That would be anyone who is a fan of Hip Hop on more than a casual level. So basically anyone who likes Hip Hop is wrong and Wale is right? TS interpreted "enthusiasts" as "purists" but actually those words aren't even related. How the fu*k can you connect with people if what you're saying doesn't even make sense?
 7 years ago '04        #98
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
lets be real, wale is trash and rolling with officer ricky is not gonna give this lame any more sales.

remember this is the same bum who flopped with Gaga on a damn track at the height of her first album.

he only a step above j. cole and thats because he actually dropped an album already
 7 years ago '04        #99
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
@ Lil B fans having the nerve to call anyone trash, especially Wale.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
51 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy