Wale Fires Back At Hip Hop Purists

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #41
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 basedhiphop said:
what are you talking about?

Canibus is one of my favorites. i dont care about big words or rhymes. i care about music, emotion, authenticity, credibility .... if your lane is big words/rhymes, then that's where i'll critique it.
So do I, and if you listened to Below The Heavens IMO that met every criteria you just listed, but then again who am I to knock your opinion. Agree to disagree I guess.
 04-06-2011, 01:50 AM         #42
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
aint sh*t wrong with this n*gga music to me!!!!
 7 years ago '10        #43
Donny D 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 17 17
People say J Cole puts you to sleep, but I cant even listen to LiL B without cringing..he raps like a retard
 7 years ago '10        #44
1dcsailor 
space
space
$211 | Props total: 7 7
@ them Wale gifs, but on a serious note I don't get all of the Wale hate on here. If he is so wack, break it down on why you think he is wack. The gifs are funny but I don't understand why yall dedicate so much time to someone yall hate. What's the purpose? and yall n*ggas really think Lil B is dope and Wale is wack? Seems like today's youth are getting more fu*ked up in the head as time passes. I can see it now when I hit 30 some Lil B knock off is going be the best rapper alive.

Last edited by 1dcsailor; 04-06-2011 at 02:03 AM..
 7 years ago '10        #45
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321 OP
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 HotepSuns said:
Sun Im a grown a.ss man. With a business and money. I support all artist I dig. Both through records and shows and also by putting other people on. Don't lump me into your boxden world where lil n*ggas don't support sh*t. And if Joe didn't have supporters he wouldn't be doing shows or getting signed by eminem so that argument holds no weight.

I don't complain about sh*t. Hip hop is fine for me because I get to ignore the vast amount of wack sh*t out there and listen to the sh*t I dig because we live in the information age and it requires little effort to find dope music.

Ab soul just came off a tour separate from his tde family so that brother will be ok. If your basis for who is getting support is based on boxden you need to get out more. Because these people you're naming are doing it bigger then you obviously know.
that whole post was the definition of denial. lemme point you to two gaping holes in your argument bruh.

1. its not just boxden where ppl dont support artists. if it was only boxden then most of these underground emcees that are praised would be selling way more and getting spins on radio. numbers dont lie. if u a hip hop head that really supports your favorite artists like u claim, then you are not the majority.

2. budden didn't get no solo deal from eminem, he got signed as part of the group slaughterhouse. big difference.

just because someone is doing shows, doesn't mean they've reached their height of success. I'm sure a lot of those underground cats would love to have the opportunity to get more fans rather than have just a remote cult following. I'm not saying they would compromise their artistry to reach a higher level of fame, but I'm sure they would want to reach a higher level of fame.

like I said before, there's alot more "hip hop heads" who complain than ppl who buy albums and support artists.
 7 years ago '07        #46
Diplomatt15 
space
space
$3,996 | Props total: 954 954
 husky meat said:

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #47
LGK 35 heat pts35
space
space
$6,667 | Props total: 1226 1226
 basedhiphop said:
maybe Wale should put out a good song or two. dude is trashcan juice and should shut up.
but he's just being himself
 04-06-2011, 02:20 AM         #48
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ondatpurple said:
that whole post was the definition of denial. lemme point you to two gaping holes in your argument bruh.

1. its not just boxden where ppl dont support artists. if it was only boxden then most of these underground emcees that are praised would be selling way more and getting spins on radio. numbers dont lie. if u a hip hop head that really supports your favorite artists like u claim, then you are not the majority.

2. budden didn't get no solo deal from eminem, he got signed as part of the group slaughterhouse. big difference.

just because someone is doing shows, doesn't mean they've reached their height of success. I'm sure a lot of those underground cats would love to have the opportunity to get more fans rather than have just a remote cult following. I'm not saying they would compromise their artistry to reach a higher level of fame, but I'm sure they would want to reach a higher level of fame.

like I said before, there's alot more "hip hop heads" who complain than ppl who buy albums and support artists.
You have no logical basis for your claim. Youre saying nobody is supporting these artist I'm showing evidence that they do. You're just talking sh*t. Study up on record sales recouping marketing the whole 9. Because you seem more hung up on record sales then where long term support comes from. Which are shows which ultimately help record sales and build your base and your brand. So you trying to belittle artist doing shows is ignorant.

Another example. When wiz first came out nobody was fu*king with duke crazy like that. So he switched his game up and hit the road building his base and his brand and now he's reaping the rewards of that hard work.

Joe budden built his base through shows and building his base both on the net and off it. All of which helped to make his group a viable commodity for shady records to sign. You want to ignore the hard work and act like it's some fantasy world where n*ggas get plucked out of the sky or some sh*t.

People support these artist. You just have no idea what you're talking about.
 7 years ago '05        #49
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
Its hilarious @ how every time Wale name is in a thread title the haters run in here fast as hell.

Anyway, Wale is good at connecting with hie fans, he keeps it 100 on his records and drops real life songs like

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by 44Caliber; 04-06-2011 at 02:35 AM..
 7 years ago '10        #50
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321 OP
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 HotepSuns said:
You have no logical basis for your claim. Youre saying nobody is supporting these artist I'm showing evidence that they do. You're just talking sh*t. Study up on record sales recouping marketing the whole 9. Because you seem more hung up on record sales then where long term support comes from. Which are shows which ultimately help record sales and build your base and your brand. So you trying to belittle artist doing shows is ignorant.

Another example. When wiz first came out nobody was fu*king with duke crazy like that. So he switched his game up and hit the road building his base and his brand and now he's reaping the rewards of that hard work.

Joe budden built his base through shows and building his base both on the net and off it. All of which helped to make his group a viable commodity for shady records to sign. You want to ignore the hard work and act like it's some fantasy world where n*ggas get plucked out of the sky or some sh*t.

People support these artist. You just have no idea what you're talking about.
evidence? one person isn't evidence n*gga

the irony of you telling me I have no logical basis for my claim and you are there claiming yourself as evidence out of the millions and millions of hip hop listeners out there

wake me up when you survey a couple hundred thousand ppl.

most underground rappers have to tour all the time because ppl aren't buying their records. yes I know ppl go to their tours and venues but they wouldn't have to tour nearly as much if they had good sales from their product. and yes I know that artists dont make much from ppl buying their albums but album sales open up plenty of opportunities such as investors as business ventures and sponsorships. their brand is only as successful as you allow them to be. thats the point you seem to be missing.

gaining more fans >>>> being stagnant

Last edited by Fly Elroy; 04-06-2011 at 02:41 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #51
Exs 153 heat pts153
space
space
$5,791 | Props total: 1359 1359
 ondatpurple said:

he right tho

if you connect with people with lyrics like.... "" I’m cold like its in Denver "" then you're not connecting with many people.... I kinda liked his themes and subject material a couple years ago... but hey... we all know how fame go with these rappers.

Last edited by Exs; 04-06-2011 at 02:52 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #52
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,391 | Props total: 11745 11745
wale is far from wack yall need to check out more about nothing
 04-06-2011, 03:27 AM         #53
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
there are a lot of people who support joe budden...and people can dislike any type of music they like...i personally think flocka is pure unadulterated garbage...has less to do with his rapping,and more to do with his atrocious song making ability....odb wasn't a great rapper,but he made good songs...too short wasn't a great rapper,but he made great songs...flocka is just trash...

this generation wants to hold everyones hand..."oh don't call him wack,accept everyone"..fu*k that...that's why there's so much watered down garbage littered about..you n*ggas want to accept everything....nothing at all wrong with calling a n*gga wack if that's how you feel
....it's called quality control...used to be HEAVY in hip hop....by no coincidence the respect for hip hop back then was WIDER,AND BIGGER back then as well..

[pic - click to view]

04-06-2011, 03:32 AM         #54
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ondatpurple said:

Slim let me be the first to tell you, you won't WIN an argument about "Hip-Hop" with Hotep.....let it go.

and I'm trying to figure out what made wale drop that comment? how new is that sh*t?
 04-06-2011, 05:02 AM         #55
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigbarcelona said:
Exactly! That's what separates us n*ggas from this young n*ggas when it comes to music. Back in the day, n*ggas like Wacka or even Wale would it never been able to get signed, because in those days, if a n*gga sounded wack, even by one song, that was his a.ss.
Wee Papa Girl Rappers, MC Brains & The Afros all got signed mayne
 7 years ago '04        #56
Silentmurdah33 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,065 | Props total: 110 110
that n*gga gives DC a bad name :(
 7 years ago '10        #57
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
Not even Top 100 alive.
 04-06-2011, 06:03 AM         #58
YoungGQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ondatpurple said:
evidence? one person isn't evidence n*gga

the irony of you telling me I have no logical basis for my claim and you are there claiming yourself as evidence out of the millions and millions of hip hop listeners out there

wake me up when you survey a couple hundred thousand ppl.

most underground rappers have to tour all the time because ppl aren't buying their records. yes I know ppl go to their tours and venues but they wouldn't have to tour nearly as much if they had good sales from their product. and yes I know that artists dont make much from ppl buying their albums but album sales open up plenty of opportunities such as investors as business ventures and sponsorships. their brand is only as successful as you allow them to be. thats the point you seem to be missing.

gaining more fans >>>> being stagnant
you sound stupid.
 7 years ago '10        #59
renothebest 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,058 | Props total: 0 0
hes right tho... but wale does suck lolll
 7 years ago '05        #60
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
big words? So........ hes goin at Canibus? I don't get it.... and WALE couldn't connect with a tree unless i was wrapping his head into with my fist.....

WALE =
[pic - click to view]

Wale need to worry about making as much money as he can under that Ross umbrella before its too late.....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
201 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
23 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago