Wale Fires Back At Hip Hop Purists

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
201 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
85 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '11        #21
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
space
$24,140 | Props total: 6409 6409
When is a weedcarriers opinion relevant? but he pretty much sayin the same sh*t hip hop "purist" been heard... sh*t not gonna change
 04-06-2011, 12:47 AM         #22
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ondatpurple said:
well thats what he means bruh. alot of ppl hate on waka flocka and artists like that for the music they make but rappers like him have alot more supporters than a joe budden or a j cole. there's still a lot of ppl that dont fux with hip hop and hate it, but they like records like "no hands". so ppl need to stop hating on artists that aren't lyrical because hip hop has many sub genres (somethin for everyone) and as long as it reaches more ppl then thats good.

there are a lot of people who support joe budden...and people can dislike any type of music they like...i personally think flocka is pure unadulterated garbage...has less to do with his rapping,and more to do with his atrocious song making ability....odb wasn't a great rapper,but he made good songs...too short wasn't a great rapper,but he made great songs...flocka is just trash...

this generation wants to hold everyones hand..."oh don't call him wack,accept everyone"..fu*k that...that's why there's so much watered down garbage littered about..you n*ggas want to accept everything....nothing at all wrong with calling a n*gga wack if that's how you feel....it's called quality control...used to be HEAVY in hip hop....by no coincidence the respect for hip hop back then was WIDER,AND BIGGER back then as well..
 7 years ago '04        #23
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,750 | Props total: 1565 1565
 basedhiphop said:
i dont care about rhymes when all dude can do is fu*king rhyme... he's a lame. look at his face.

dudes really think all that makes 2Pac, Nas, BIG, Pun, etc. good is RHYMES?

Camp Lo doesnt rhyme and that sh*t is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wale

Wale is a.ss, no justification for it
I'm too old for the "dude looks cool so I fu*ks with his music" logic plus I do music myself so I zero right in on lyrical abilities. Rhyming comes first and foremost in my book, and he has that down Nas and Pun were incredible rhymers so was Camp lo so yes thats a big part of what made them good along with other qualities..........

I dont fu*k with Lil B cause he cant rap I dont care about his swag,youtube following,tattoos or any of that goofy sh*t that gets you buzz nowadays same goes for Gucci, Waka and the rest of the cornballs running this swag generation being pawned off as hip hop I come from the era of rhymesayers give me some Blu, Lupe, Skyzoo, Sha stimuli, Cory Gunz grafh or joe budden Wale may be bottom rung but he's in that category aswell and he does have a decent amount of good songs
 7 years ago '10        #24
basedhiphop 
space
space
$1,782 | Props total: 0 0
 Ra-da-god said:
I'm too old for the "dude looks cool so I fu*ks with his music" logic plus I do music myself so I zero right in on lyrical abilities. Rhyming comes first and foremost in my book, and he has that down Nas and Pun were incredible rhymers so was Camp lo so yes thats a big part of what made them good along with other qualities..........

I dont fu*k with Lil B cause he cant rap I dont care about his swag,youtube following,tattoos or any of that goofy sh*t that gets you buzz nowadays same goes for Gucci, Waka and the rest of the cornballs running this swag generation being pawned off as hip hop I come from the era of rhymesayers give me some Blu, Lupe, Skyzoo, Sha stimuli, Cory Gunz grafh or joe budden Wale may be bottom rung but he's in that category aswell and he does have a decent amount of good songs
Blu is zzzzzzz status, Cory Gunz is a joke

give me music.
 7 years ago '06        #25
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,631 | Props total: 8557 8557
who ever said that rappers need to use big words....hiphop was started using simple words
 7 years ago '10        #26
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321 OP
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 HotepSuns said:
there are a lot of people who support joe budden...and people can dislike any type of music they like...i personally think flocka is pure unadulterated garbage...has less to do with his rapping,and more to do with his atrocious song making ability....odb wasn't a great rapper,but he made good songs...too short wasn't a great rapper,but he made great songs...flocka is just trash...

this generation wants to hold everyones hand..."oh don't call him wack,accept everyone"..fu*k that...that's why there's so much watered down garbage littered about..you n*ggas want to accept everything....nothing at all wrong with calling a n*gga wack if that's how you feel....it's called quality control...used to be HEAVY in hip hop....by no coincidence the respect for hip hop back then was WIDER,AND BIGGER back then as well..
well u and the other purists can complain all u want, but sh*t aint gon change. u just gonna have to accept it. waka flocka has more supporters because there's teens and bi*ches that will actually go buy his songs n make him top 20 on billboard. joe budden doesn't have as many supports because ppl like you that want "quality hip hop" wont go buy his sh*t. ya'll just download his sh*t instead. so how do u expect hip hop to be where u want it to be if ya'll aint buying your favorite artist's sh*t?

prime example was that ab-soul longterm mentality thread. ppl in there sayin bx sleepin on that guy and he's a lyricist and all that, but if u look at most of the posts in that thread they askin somebody to upload that sh*t. they wasn't willin to fork out 6 bucks to buy that sh*t off itunes. so instead of you complaining about what rappers u think is garbage, complain about ppl who wont go support the lyrical "quality" sh*t that u want back in the forefront.
 7 years ago '10        #27
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8022 8022
lol i never got the wale hate on here. its very clear dude is a above average rapper. he actually one of the better ones out here nowadays so what with all this garbage talk?
 7 years ago '10        #28
StoopidVillinz 21 heat pts21
space
space
$8,420 | Props total: 6240 6240
i smell a waka wale mixtape "no big words"
 7 years ago '05        #29
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 HotepSuns said:

Truth.

People on here think that rhyming is the be all end all of rap, they forget its music and songs. Crafting songs > freestyling (that bx always brings up when tryna prove some point about rappers). Lupe's latest album is the perfect example, we know he can rap, but the album was garbage.

Another thing, the whole underground vs mainstream debate is another thing that irks me, because in my opinion there isnt underground and mainstream, there is dope music and whack music. People always just act like the underrgound automatically gives you hip hop cool points
 7 years ago '04        #30
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,750 | Props total: 1565 1565
 basedhiphop said:

give me music.
Thats exactly how I feel about Lil B and most of the trash yall lil n*ggas Rock too, and please dont us the "I listen to nas,jay, pac lol" cop out...........

that swag sh*t is boring to me same songs over and over and over bunch of loud mouth coons saying nothing on repeat telling our seeds to smoke,pop,sip and party their lives away I'm good on the zombie rap.
 7 years ago '11        #31
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
space
$24,140 | Props total: 6409 6409
 J Rob said:
when is the opinion of some random n*gga posting on Boxden relevant? Our opinion isn't anymore valid then his

anyway, the people catching feeling are the ones he's talking about. These younger folks think that multis and metaphors is lyricism. It's way more complex than that.....substance, emotion, conviction >>>>>>>>>>>> multis and metaphors. This is why rappers like Tupac or Scarface are better than rappers like Chino XL or Crooked I
you realize it's directed at older hip hop heads complainin bout the state of hip hop
 7 years ago '05        #32
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 J Rob said:
when is the opinion of some random n*gga posting on Boxden relevant? Our opinion isn't anymore valid then his

anyway, the people catching feeling are the ones he's talking about. These younger folks think that multis and metaphors is lyricism. It's way more complex than that.....substance, emotion, conviction >>>>>>>>>>>> multis and metaphors. This is why rappers like Tupac or Scarface are better than rappers like Chino XL or Crooked I
 7 years ago '05        #33
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 basedhiphop said:

give me music.

Blu doesn't even use big words
 7 years ago '04        #34
Exs 151 heat pts151
space
space
$5,768 | Props total: 1282 1282

[pic - click to view]

has more emotion than

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Exs; 04-06-2011 at 01:27 AM..
 7 years ago '10        #35
basedhiphop 
space
space
$1,782 | Props total: 0 0
 sheedawg said:

Blu doesn't even use big words
what are you talking about?

Canibus is one of my favorites. i dont care about big words or rhymes. i care about music, emotion, authenticity, credibility .... if your lane is big words/rhymes, then that's where i'll critique it.
 7 years ago '11        #36
buckemdown 1 heat pts
space
space
$737 | Props total: 165 165
 husky meat said:

[pic - click to view]

lmao this sh*t is hilariousss
 04-06-2011, 01:29 AM         #37
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:

Exactly! That's what separates us n*ggas from this young n*ggas when it comes to music. Back in the day, n*ggas like Wacka or even Wale would it never been able to get signed, because in those days, if a n*gga sounded wack, even by one song, that was his a.ss. Muthafu*kas in those days were looking and expecting QUALITY MUSIC! Today... the new generation is looking not for quality, but sh*t they can dance to and a hook or who cosigns for that n*gga, 1 or 2 good rhymes and how much money they got. That's it.

The problem with n*ggas like Wale that he got for us, is mainly because of 1 thing: We don't want the lame and sappy bullsh*t excuses! You can feed that sh*t to some young n*gga and they run with it, but somebody like me??? It won't happen, because they know that at the end of the day, they will always be garbage. young n*ggas think this fools are going to get better, but in reality, their not and they want us to compromise our standards and lower our expectations cause it's the right thing to do, but guess what??? Is not going to happen and it won't! In the end, I want quality music and if a motherfu*ker can't do it, move over and let someone else do it.

Last edited by bigbarcelona; 04-06-2011 at 01:32 AM..
 04-06-2011, 01:31 AM         #38
TampaBay Bucs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bullsh*t cop out. The greatest MC to ever touch a mic, Scarface, never have used big words and rapped about the sun, moon and stars but still is....the G.O.A.T of this hip hop sh*t.
 04-06-2011, 01:42 AM         #39
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TampaBay Bucs said:
Bullsh*t cop out. The greatest MC to ever touch a mic, Scarface, never have used big words and rapped about the sun, moon and stars but still is....the G.O.A.T of this hip hop sh*t.
Thank you!

Matter fact... tell Wale to listen to Biggies "Gimme the Loot' and let's see how many "Big words" Biggie dropped on that song or Raekwon with Ghostface on "Criminology" and let's see if he can continue feeding us this bullsh*t! Tired of this lame a.ss n*ggas and their excuses! n*gga you wack... you wack and if not, move to the side or get better.
 04-06-2011, 01:43 AM         #40
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ondatpurple said:
well u and the other purists can complain all u want, but sh*t aint gon change. u just gonna have to accept it. waka flocka has more supporters because there's teens and bi*ches that will actually go buy his songs n make him top 20 on billboard. joe budden doesn't have as many supports because ppl like you that want "quality hip hop" wont go buy his sh*t. ya'll just download his sh*t instead. so how do u expect hip hop to be where u want it to be if ya'll aint buying your favorite artist's sh*t?

prime example was that ab-soul longterm mentality thread. ppl in there sayin bx sleepin on that guy and he's a lyricist and all that, but if u look at most of the posts in that thread they askin somebody to upload that sh*t. they wasn't willin to fork out 6 bucks to buy that sh*t off itunes. so instead of you complaining about what rappers u think is garbage, complain about ppl who wont go support the lyrical "quality" sh*t that u want back in the forefront.
Sun Im a grown a.ss man. With a business and money. I support all artist I dig. Both through records and shows and also by putting other people on. Don't lump me into your boxden world where lil n*ggas don't support sh*t. And if Joe didn't have supporters he wouldn't be doing shows or getting signed by eminem so that argument holds no weight.

I don't complain about sh*t. Hip hop is fine for me because I get to ignore the vast amount of wack sh*t out there and listen to the sh*t I dig because we live in the information age and it requires little effort to find dope music.

Ab soul just came off a tour separate from his tde family so that brother will be ok. If your basis for who is getting support is based on boxden you need to get out more. Because these people you're naming are doing it bigger then you obviously know.
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
81 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
289 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
43 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
47 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
70 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
62 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy