new West Coast and Southern Hip Hop >>> new east coast hip hop

most viewed right now
 132
 NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 96
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 86
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
197 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 82
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
39 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #101
Crown Loyal 
space
avatar space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
 CarlozRossi said:
put any 1 on the biggest rapper on the planets 1st single and ppl gonna know their names regardless.

plus no 1 on YM gonna release a album if their name aint weezy drake niki
But the point Im trying to understand is how come:

1. Everybody compares the world AGAINST NYC or the East
2. Nobody can tell me out of all those underground or signed lowkey rappers yall named are as relevant as Nikki Minaj and Wiz Khalifa right now?

Dont get me wrong brotha, I'm not hating at all. But to kinda throw the East on under the bus like we dont have relevant people on the come up is crazy. And lets not forget about Joell Ortiz who is SICK WIT IT and signed to the realest most talented label out there right now at Shady. I'm just trying to make sense of where everybody is coming from with the East dont have anything poppin right now.
 7 years ago '07        #102
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
avatar space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
Yall East Coast listeners can probably claim Nitty Scott, MC. She's really from down here in the South but she reps NY since she moved there at 17 and graduated from there. It's kinda like Jin.

All I've been listening to lately is West Coat, Midwest, and Southern music.

The South also has Dee-1, Ab, Pill, Dorrough, Trademark, Roddy
 7 years ago '06        #103
Crown Loyal 
space
avatar space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
 Nyuzi said:
Yall East Coast listeners can probably claim Nitty Scott, MC. She's really from down here in the South but she reps NY since she moved there at 17 and graduated from there. It's kinda like Jin.

All I've been listening to lately is West Coat, Midwest, and Southern music.

The South also has Dee-1, Ab, Pill, Dorrough, Trademark, Roddy
Which I respect. Those are real good up and coming artists. I'm speaking on the strength of why would the threadstarter alienate a whole region with little to no facts? And I'm not just an East Coast Listener. If it's hot then it's hot no matter where anybody is from. And how can people pass judgment on how we feel as East Coast listeners based off the hate from a few? Mind you I'm from NYC but I live in Los Angeles. So I'm just curious on whybtopics like this continue to come up and end in a threadstarter having little to on facts about somethin.
 7 years ago '06        #104
Crown Loyal 
space
avatar space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
And nobody can still tell me out of all of those artists combined from the South and West are as relevant as Wiz and Nikki?
 7 years ago '07        #105
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
avatar space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
 Crown Loyal said:
Which I respect. Those are real good up and coming artists. I'm speaking on the strength of why would the threadstarter alienate a whole region with little to no facts? And I'm not just an East Coast Listener. If it's hot then it's hot no matter where anybody is from. And how can people pass judgment on how we feel as East Coast listeners based off the hate from a few? Mind you I'm from NYC but I live in Los Angeles. So I'm just curious on whybtopics like this continue to come up and end in a threadstarter having little to on facts about somethin.
No clue

I listen to a lot of East Coast music, too, but mainly older-more established artists. There are plenty of new rappers out in the sea from the East Coast but you might not see their names in lights atm like the other regional acts.
 7 years ago '07        #106
Deceiva 
space
space
space
$717 | Props total: 2 2
west is looking stronger and stronger. east coast got some dope acts like slangcorp (gdp, tame one, pistol pete, shape, TMFSE)
 7 years ago '06        #107
Crown Loyal 
space
avatar space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
 Nyuzi said:
No clue

I listen to a lot of East Coast music, too, but mainly older-more established artists. There are plenty of new rappers out in the sea from the East Coast but you might not see their names in lights atm like the other regional acts.
This I agree with. At least you makin some sense. But for some of these other cats who say we have nothing is wildin. Lol dudes is getting it in for real signing deals. Other regions have it different because they don't already have their legends still smashing the scene. we have both so it's hard right now for out up and coming dudes to take over. Still got Jay, Busta, Nas, Jada, GUnit, Dipset, Fabolous and some of the Wu, and several others makin noise. When you competing with those heavyweights it's hard for our up and coming to take they spots. So the only time you hear about one of us is if we poppin under some of them.
 7 years ago '10        #108
hockeysniper  OP
space
avatar space
space
$923 | Props total: 0 0
 Crown Loyal said:
Which I respect. Those are real good up and coming artists. I'm speaking on the strength of why would the threadstarter alienate a whole region with little to no facts? And I'm not just an East Coast Listener. If it's hot then it's hot no matter where anybody is from. And how can people pass judgment on how we feel as East Coast listeners based off the hate from a few? Mind you I'm from NYC but I live in Los Angeles. So I'm just curious on whybtopics like this continue to come up and end in a threadstarter having little to on facts about somethin.
I'm from the east, I'm not disrespecting my region but its true. We don't have too many good newcomers, and the other regions have artists that I can listen to for days. I still bump old school east coast music as much as anything else, but it's really disappointing about how lackluster rappers from over here are right now...

And Nicki and Wiz suck, yea they have a buzz but since when was that everything? If I was talking about buzz I would've included Waka, Lil B, etc....

And you're saying all those artists sounds like old east coast hip hop? I'll admit some do, but Krit sounds just like Pimp C and Andre mixed together, Jay Elec sounds like biggie on some tracks but that was the direction puff was pushing him in, a lot of his sh*t is real different, B.o.b. sounds like Andre 3k, Yela is pretty fu*king original imo, Odd Future is a lot like early eminem, just to name a few


Last edited by hockeysniper; 04-06-2011 at 08:29 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #109
Trizz187 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$3,304 | Props total: 105 105
n*ggas act like whiz khalifa isnt from PA which is EASTCOAST
 7 years ago '05        #110
Trizz187 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$3,304 | Props total: 105 105
west is the future though and its about time
 7 years ago '06        #111
Crown Loyal 
space
avatar space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
In this business everybody has a lot of talented dudes that are on the come up but unheard of. Ghats what I'm trying to say. Yes y'all are right those names y'all dropped are nice cats and I love what they dropping. But you can't say the East is irrelevant at this point. He'll even Maino getting a buzz going again. Sometimes it's not just about lyrics. Thats why I say go around and ask people who those rappers y'all named are and they will tell you they have no idea. Ita about impact y'all and that's what this business is about. Not saying y'all are wrong but let's be real, y'all can say Nikki and Wiz suck, but their numbers speak otherwise. I'm only stating facts that's all.
 04-06-2011, 08:40 AM         #112
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My n*gga fu*k numbers,we talking about talent. When it comes to talented up and comers the west and south are sh*tting all over the East.It's just the truth.
 7 years ago '06        #113
Crown Loyal 
space
avatar space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
Talent is based on opinion. Just because dudes is spittin lyrical does not mean they are talented. I'm going off Facts bro. Talent or not y'all have no facts right now saying the East isnt relevant because it's not true. Look at the biggest crews in it right now. They all have East Coast cats on the verge of blown up and some already have. Just check the facts is all I ask.
 7 years ago '06        #114
Crown Loyal 
space
avatar space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
 Oh Finesse said:
east coast hip hop been fell off.. back in like 2007/08...
Facts please.
 7 years ago '10        #115
hockeysniper  OP
space
avatar space
space
$923 | Props total: 0 0
 Crown Loyal said:
Talent is based on opinion. Just because dudes is spittin lyrical does not mean they are talented. I'm going off Facts bro. Talent or not y'all have no facts right now saying the East isnt relevant because it's not true. Look at the biggest crews in it right now. They all have East Coast cats on the verge of blown up and some already have. Just check the facts is all I ask.
But how man east coast rappers are even buzzing outside of NY right now? I guarantee you that when I go to LA in two months that, unless something drastic changes, no one will be talking about new up and coming NY rappers. Meanwhile, real heads definitely know about KRIT, Jay Elec, Blu, etc...
 04-06-2011, 08:52 AM         #116
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The east coast dudes have been talking about the same n*ggas since 2007 blowing.
2007:
Ayo son Skyzoo got next,Ayo b that n*gga Shi Stimuli got next,Nah kid Mickey Factz gonna have the game on smash,Yo Red Cafe gon' make noise kid word is bond god.

2011:
Ayo son Skyzoo got next,Ayo b that n*gga Shi Stimuli got next,Nah kid Mickey Factz gonna have the game on smash,Yo Red Cafe gon' make noise kid word is bond god.

Meanwhile we see the same stale n*gga's gettin' pushed like Fab and Maino.

n*ggas placing all of their hopes on Vado,c'mon b.
 7 years ago '08        #117
DooM 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$27,999 | Props total: 19886 19886
i dont give a fu*k about region, yea im from NY but i just wanna hear real rap/hip-hop music again...no more cowabunga rap
 7 years ago '10        #118
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
avatar space
space
$67,836 | Props total: 20743 20743
 Trill Clinton said:
The east coast dudes have been talking about the same n*ggas since 2007 blowing.
2007:
Ayo son Skyzoo got next,Ayo b that n*gga Shi Stimuli got next,Nah kid Mickey Factz gonna have the game on smash,Yo Red Cafe gon' make noise kid word is bond god.

2011:
Ayo son Skyzoo got next,Ayo b that n*gga Shi Stimuli got next,Nah kid Mickey Factz gonna have the game on smash,Yo Red Cafe gon' make noise kid word is bond god.

Meanwhile we see the same stale n*gga's gettin' pushed like Fab and Maino.

n*ggas placing all of their hopes on Vado,c'mon b.
This is very true n*ggas was saying Maino, Papoose, Joell Ortiz, Skyzoo, Sean Price, etc were gonna blow & hold down the east










Edit: It's kinda funny that we're trying to put our money on Vado being the next thing to hold down the fort for the East coast................because he's the same exact rapper as all those other n*ggas who people say are keepin NY the same generic rap it's been for the past 5-6 years, maybe longer.


Last edited by Agentzer0oo0; 04-06-2011 at 09:09 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #119
Crown Loyal 
space
avatar space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
 hockeysniper said:
But how man east coast rappers are even buzzing outside of NY right now? I guarantee you that when I go to LA in two months that, unless something drastic changes, no one will be talking about new up and coming NY rappers. Meanwhile, real heads definitely know about KRIT, Jay Elec, Blu, etc...
I'm in LA now and trust me if it ain't Wayne, Nikki, Wiz, Waka and all that, they not mess in wit it either. Lol see what I mean. Now if your talk in about the backpack circles then hey I have no idea. Everywhere has an untapped underground circuit is what I'm trying to say. But you can never exclude The East.
 7 years ago '10        #120
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
avatar space
space
$67,836 | Props total: 20743 20743
 Oh Finesse said:
Don't forget Saigon..
..and it didn't help that Stack passed away

Ahhh...Sai-getti






[video - click to view]



Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 90
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
27 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 88
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
278 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 46
Is Harlem World a Classic?
132 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 41
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 34
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 32
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
Dec 10 - Donald Trump reportedly watches up to 8 hours of TV every day
57 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 20
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
50 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy