new West Coast and Southern Hip Hop >>> new east coast hip hop

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
28 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #61
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,833 | Props total: 602 602
 hockeysniper said:
so you've never heard of Black Thought? Freeway?
heard of them and I don't claim them personally, and I don't know any from NYC who does. Saigon is from upstate NY and we don't even mention him.
 7 years ago '09        #62
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 justinjones said:
and there goes that ny anger
how is truth anger? look at the xxl freshmen for the last 2 years? who is still around?
 7 years ago '05        #63
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 jasperfect said:
Everybody gets boo'd at some point in their career it's a part of life not hate
Weak, weak post. It's not like KRIT is a nobody, and don't let me even get into Outkast.
 04-05-2011, 10:28 PM         #64
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
East coast is going through an identity crisis right now.
 7 years ago '09        #65
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 SmokeyTheBlunt said:
most NY rappers cant put out a first *cough papoose cough*...........and the only people that are big there are the same rappers that were big in the 90's for the most part.......
Papoose sucks to me, he needs essays to make one metaphor. I never liked him but a lot of people in NY do. but that's my point buzz means nothing when you will never actually blow up. The internet had made it easy to create buzz. Didn't nipsey hussle, the Saviour of the west, already get signed and dropped?
 7 years ago '09        #66
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 sheedawg said:
Weak, weak post. It's not like KRIT is a nobody, and don't let me even get into Outkast.
He is a nobody still and he was boo'd when he was lesser of a nobody. I have return of 4 eva in heavy rotation right now but krit is still a nobody imo.
 7 years ago '10        #67
hockeysniper  OP
space
space
$923 | Props total: 0 0
 jasperfect said:
heard of them and I don't claim them personally, and I don't know any from NYC who does. Saigon is from upstate NY and we don't even mention him.
but my point is that its still East Coast Hip Hop, not thats its NY hip hop. And the East Coast scene is heavily-NY based and influenced, but the West Coast scene is generally tied to one city as well (LA). It's really only the South and Midwest that are more spread out, but even those two have "leading" cities (Atlanta and Chicago, respectively)
 7 years ago '05        #68
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Trill Clinton said:
Powerful Post.

New York fans in a way influence what comes out, because dudes are afraid of getting shunned because they are slightly different. NY, because it was the birthplace and used to run sh*t acts like if it ain't boom bap, then it isn't rap, and then they wonder why Raekwon been dropping the same fukin verse his whole career, not that theres anything wrong with that, but NY pigeon holes artists and sometimes artists are scared to evolve.
 7 years ago '09        #69
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 hockeysniper said:
but my point is that its still East Coast Hip Hop, not thats its NY hip hop. And the East Coast scene is heavily-NY based and influenced, but the West Coast scene is generally tied to one city as well (LA). It's really only the South and Midwest that are more spread out, but even those two have "leading" cities (Atlanta and Chicago, respectively)
Alanta fell of, Chicago only has Kanye. neither snoop nor pac wor dre where from LA. no one from Cali rap is from LA. my point is when you think East coast you only think NYC. no one says "East coast, oh yea Wale is from there right." east coast rap = nyc only. and even with in the 5 boroughs we don't claim each other lol
 7 years ago '10        #70
hockeysniper  OP
space
space
 sheedawg said:
Powerful Post.

New York fans in a way influence what comes out, because dudes are afraid of getting shunned because they are slightly different. NY, because it was the birthplace and used to run sh*t acts like if it ain't boom bap, then it isn't rap, and then they wonder why Raekwon been dropping the same fukin verse his whole career, not that theres anything wrong with that, but NY pigeon holes artists and sometimes artists are scared to evolve.
 04-05-2011, 10:36 PM         #71
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jasperfect said:
They got Boo'd in the BEGINNING of their career! wtf are you talking about? K.R.I.T was in NY last fall and didn't get boo'd then. get over it. people get boo'd no one is perfect eevrytime
They didn't get booed cause they was whack they got booed cause 3000 said the south got something to say and y'all n*ggas didn't want to hear that.
 7 years ago '09        #72
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 big blak afrika said:
They didn't get booed cause they was whack they got booed cause 3000 said the south got something to say and y'all n*ggas didn't want toe hear that.
Where you there? how you know why a n*gga was booing someone 10+ years ago?
 7 years ago '09        #73
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 sheedawg said:
Powerful Post.

you have a point there
 7 years ago '10        #74
hockeysniper  OP
space
space
 jasperfect said:
Alanta fell of, Chicago only has Kanye. neither snoop nor pac wor dre where from LA. no one from Cali rap is from LA. my point is when you think East coast you only think NYC. no one says "East coast, oh yea Wale is from there right." east coast rap = nyc only. and even with in the 5 boroughs we don't claim each other lol
so Compton isn't basicallyLA anymore (technically it isn't LA, but its in LA county)? Leimert Park (Dom K) isn't LA? Or Inglewood (K. Lamar)? Blu is also from LA, as is OF, as is Pac Div...

Last edited by hockeysniper; 04-05-2011 at 10:43 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #75
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
i'm done here,i have work in the morning. peace bx
 7 years ago '04        #76
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,446 | Props total: 6517 6517
 jasperfect said:
how is truth anger? look at the xxl freshmen for the last 2 years? who is still around?
b.o.b had 3 top 10 singles and been on a bunch of award shows a year ago

where are mickey factz or cory gunz? sh!t when the last time cory gunz drop anything outside of being on 6'7

nobody in ny or barley in the east coast was menion in 2010

but then again...there is always diggy for this year

i won't mention charles hamilton because im not sure if he from cleveland or new york
 04-05-2011, 10:45 PM         #77
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The NY scene won't improve until the old heads step out of the way.n*gga's like 50,Diddy and Jay-Z still holding the torch and they're refusing to let that sh*t go. The other regions don't have that problem. I mean damn even the DJ's out east are Montgomery Burns status. Funkmaster Flex and Mister Cee been doing this sh*t since i was in 3rd grade.It's gotten stale.I thought Mickey Factz and that whole GFC movement had a chance,guess not.

Last edited by Trill Clinton; 04-05-2011 at 10:47 PM..
 04-05-2011, 10:46 PM         #78
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jasperfect said:
Actually they got booed first then he said the south got something to say. The point remains they got booed cause they was from the south don't matter how much buzz you have or don't have k.r.i.t. and outkast shouldn't get booed and wouldn't get booed anywhere else that's just hate in n*ggas hearts.
 7 years ago '04        #79
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,446 | Props total: 6517 6517
 jasperfect said:
because it was televised
 04-05-2011, 11:03 PM         #80
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Trill Clinton said:

n*gga please....there is a ton of dope east coast hip hop that is specifically EASTERN....this corny a.ss generation just pushes cornball a.ss rappers..

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy