NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
62 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #41
hockeysniper  OP
space
space
$923 | Props total: 0 0
 jasperfect said:
And how many south and west cost rappers rap like east coast artist? all the good ones

But no one hot has come out of NY in years

but there are a few luke warm rappers:

Vado
Fred the Godson
Maino
Red Cafe
Mickey Factz
French Montanta

oh And I said this before and I'll say it again. East coast really means New york City. Not New york state, not the tri state but New your fu*king city. 1 city verses how many southern states? Georgia, Florida, Texas, Mississippi, Alabama etc etc. and Cali is bigger than most countries. remember that when you comparing to the "east coast"
And West Coast (especially the revival) is essentially LA. At least virtually all of the WC artists I listed are Los Angeles based (Fashawn is from Fresno)
 7 years ago '05        #42
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
Completely agree with threadstarter, and I swear by New York hip hop, it my favourite brand of hip hop for many reasons, but cmon, when was the last time someone from the east coast came out and had a buzz like Blu did with Below The Heavens, or Fashawn with Boy Meets World? Much respect to Skyzoo though, he been doing his thing for years though and gets nowhere near the credit that he deserves.

Also why the West in particularly coming with it, along with the young southern artists like KRIT and J.Cole is that they are coming through with the more blue collar worker type rhymes, which more people relate to and are surprised to hear from the West and South. These dudes are students of the game and you can hear it in their raps.

KRIT got booed in NY for doing Country sh*t, as did Outkast back in the day so that already says a lot about NY fans. NY is a gift and a curse, because the fans are so critical but if you get their approval I guess it's like a little co sign, cause NY is the Mecca for rappers whether you hate it or not.

Also all these artists that were metnioned above from the South and West, have a great amount of respect for each other and colloborate, they in it for the love as well.
 04-05-2011, 09:59 PM         #43
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Umm, the east coast is dominating right now, they have Wiz Khalifa.
 7 years ago '09        #44
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,833 | Props total: 602 602
 hockeysniper said:
And West Coast (especially the revival) is essentially LA. At least virtually all of the WC artists I listed are Los Angeles based (Fashawn is from Fresno)
But real talk west cost has no buzz. I'm not hearing it Internet buzz is not buzz
 04-05-2011, 10:00 PM         #45
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jasperfect said:
And how many south and west cost rappers rap like east coast artist? all the good ones

But no one hot has come out of NY in years

but there are a few luke warm rappers:

Vado
Fred the Godson
Maino
Red Cafe
Mickey Factz
French Montanta

oh And I said this before and I'll say it again. East coast really means New york City. Not New york state, not the tri state but New your fu*king city. 1 city verses how many southern states? Georgia, Florida, Texas, Mississippi, Alabama etc etc. and Cali is bigger than most countries. remember that when you comparing to the "east coast"
only new york? boston, conn, ri, penn all east coast

Gmengfx said:
i dont think you can really argue that new york is on its way out..

max b was the last great thing in NY..then he got locked up

(waits for the hate)

anyways

i tried to prove you wrong but i cant really think of ANYONE!

i mean you got french montana..but hes just....ehh ok

you got umm...wiz khalifa on the "east" i no hes not a nice lyricist but he eastcoast and hes the most popular rapper now..but he has a westcoast swag so i wont count hat

ok so...........ya your right

nothing from the east is whats good right now..sh*ts just not in..eastcoast style wont sell records anymore..

nicki minaj? she from new york lol
yea wiz khalifa would be a good one if he went back to his old flow
 04-05-2011, 10:04 PM         #46
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jasperfect said:
But real talk west cost has no buzz. I'm not hearing it Internet buzz is not buzz
The Internet is serious. If you didn't listen to "The Marathon" you're missing out on good music.
 7 years ago '10        #47
hockeysniper  OP
space
space
 jasperfect said:
I disagree, Dom Kennedy sold out his show here in DC, Fashawn is touring with Kweli who sells out all of his shows (at least over here at Black Cat he does), Kendrick Lamar is known by almost all true heads and is making a tape with Cole (who's well known over here at least), Blu's album was critical acclaimed (although he hasn't been buzzing recently because he hasn't put anything out), Nipsey was talked about a lot for a while (esp in LA, when I went over there a lot of people were talking about him), and OF has had a huge buzz ever since Fallon and Yonkers.
 7 years ago '09        #48
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 antoniob 321 said:
only new york? boston, conn, ri, penn all east coast

yea wiz khalifa would be a good one if he went back to his old flow
Bro we don't count Jersey or Penn and I never even heard of a rapper from any other state. But we never claim Philly rappers or jersey rappers. People in Miami will say Lil wayne is better than Jay-z wtf lil wayne has to do with Miami? South rap has at least 15 diff states under it
 04-05-2011, 10:11 PM         #49
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sheedawg said:
Completely agree with threadstarter, and I swear by New York hip hop, it my favourite brand of hip hop for many reasons, but cmon, when was the last time someone from the east coast came out and had a buzz like Blu did with Below The Heavens, or Fashawn with Boy Meets World? Much respect to Skyzoo though, he been doing his thing for years though and gets nowhere near the credit that he deserves.

Also why the West in particularly coming with it, along with the young southern artists like KRIT and J.Cole is that they are coming through with the more blue collar worker type rhymes, which more people relate to and are surprised to hear from the West and South. These dudes are students of the game and you can hear it in their raps.

KRIT got booed in NY for doing Country sh*t, as did Outkast back in the day so that already says a lot about NY fans. NY is a gift and a curse, because the fans are so critical but if you get their approval I guess it's like a little co sign, cause NY is the Mecca for rappers whether you hate it or not.

Also all these artists that were metnioned above from the South and West, have a great amount of respect for each other and colloborate, they in it for the love as well.
Ny be the biggest haters and it's coming back to hunt them cause n*ggas starting to hate back.
 7 years ago '09        #50
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 hockeysniper said:
I disagree, Dom Kennedy sold out his show here in DC, Fashawn is touring with Kweli who sells out all of his shows (at least over here at Black Cat he does), Kendrick Lamar is known by almost all true heads and is making a tape with Cole (who's well known over here at least), Blu's album was critical acclaimed (although he hasn't been buzzing recently because he hasn't put anything out), Nipsey was talked about a lot for a while (esp in LA, when I went over there a lot of people were talking about him), and OF has had a huge buzz ever since Fallon and Yonkers.
But all NY rappers now go on tours and sell out shows also. selling out a basement isn't a big deal to me. I saw Curren$y in NYC a few months back. It was probably 300 people in the building for $20 tickets. That's not hard to do. and not to mention how many people performed, Big K.r.i.t, mac Miller, Fiend, Smoke Dza, of course Curren$y and about 5 unknowns. selling out a show is a misleading accomplishment, everyone isn't selling out the garden.
 7 years ago '09        #51
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 big blak afrika said:
Ny be the biggest haters and it's coming back to hunt them cause n*ggas starting to hate back.
We aren't haters when other music was whack we didn't listen now that it's good we listen. what part of that is hate?
 04-05-2011, 10:15 PM         #52
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jasperfect said:
We aren't haters when other music was whack we didn't listen now that it's good we listen. what part of that is hate?
Booing outkast and k.r.i.t. is hating they ain't gucci and oj the juiceman.
 7 years ago '09        #53
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 big blak afrika said:
Booing outkast and k.r.i.t. is hating they ain't gucci and oj the juiceman.
Everybody gets boo'd at some point in their career it's a part of life not hate
 7 years ago '09        #54
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
You know what , fuk it i'm going to keep it 100. All these west coast and southern rappers create a buzz and disappear they fall off before a 1st album. Ny rappers don't do that. Anyone who gets big stays around cause they are actually good. J. cole will NEVER release his album. Game dropped 9 singles for 1 album and they all sucked. keep it real people, Buzz means nothing.

Edit: and i'm a J. Cole stan. I also tell every body to listen to K.R.I.T. I listen to other sh*t besides NY rappers...like the thread starter said no one from NY is out right now
 7 years ago '04        #55
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 jasperfect said:
You know what , fuk it i'm going to keep it 100. All these west coast and southern rappers create a buzz and disappear they fall off before a 1st album. Ny rappers don't do that. Anyone who gets big stays around cause they are actually good. J. cole will NEVER release his album. Game dropped 9 singles for 1 album and they all sucked. keep it real people, Buzz means nothing.
and there goes that ny anger
 04-05-2011, 10:23 PM         #56
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jasperfect said:
Everybody gets boo'd at some point in their career it's a part of life not hate
Them n*ggas wouldn't get booed anywhere else Outkast are legends in this sh*t and k.r.i.t. is nice y'all n*ggas just got hate in y'all heart. That's one of the reason n*ggas ain't fu*king wit NY rap no more. It's like if y'all n*ggas don't want to respect other n*ggas music, y'all n*ggas can keep standing around garbage fires listenin to papoose
 7 years ago '10        #57
hockeysniper  OP
space
space
 jasperfect said:
Bro we don't count Jersey or Penn and I never even heard of a rapper from any other state. But we never claim Philly rappers or jersey rappers. People in Miami will say Lil wayne is better than Jay-z wtf lil wayne has to do with Miami? South rap has at least 15 diff states under it
so you've never heard of Black Thought? Freeway?
 7 years ago '10        #58
hockeysniper  OP
space
space
 big blak afrika said:
Them n*ggas wouldn't get booed anywhere else Outkast are legends in this sh*t and k.r.i.t. is nice y'all n*ggas just got hate in y'all heart. That's one of the reason n*ggas ain't fu*king wit NY rap no more. It's like if y'all n*ggas don't want to respect other n*ggas music, y'all n*ggas can keep standing around garbage fires listenin to papoose

outkast should NEVER be booed

EDIT: And I've never even seen Outkast, but I've seen Big Boi live and god damn, he shut down the 9:30 club like no other.

Last edited by hockeysniper; 04-05-2011 at 10:27 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #59
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
 big blak afrika said:
They got Boo'd in the BEGINNING of their career! wtf are you talking about? K.R.I.T was in NY last fall and didn't get boo'd then. get over it. people get boo'd no one is perfect eevrytime
 7 years ago '04        #60
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 jasperfect said:
They got Boo'd in the BEGINNING of their career! wtf are you talking about? K.R.I.T was in NY last fall and didn't get boo'd then. get over it. people get boo'd no one is perfect eevrytime
didn't outkast get booed at the source awards though?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
182 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
94 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy