most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
20 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-05-2011, 05:49 PM         #21
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mgz said:
I see alot of these new artist from diff regions sound like they from the east, j cole, jay elec, the south has transforms itself into a trap crunk sounding music, most people wouldn't know Cole is from NC
thats the point, most people so quick to look at that but won't look futher, there have been so many underrated artist from the south

Cunninlynguist
Nappy Roots
K-Rino
Goodie Mob
Z-Ro
Bobby Creek
etc.

So glad people are recognizing the true south

J. Cole
Yela
Jay Elect
Big Krit
Curren$y
Cyhi
etc. :agreement6:
 7 years ago '06        #22
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
That's a lie. The East has plenty of new blood that's releasing good music. The problem with you guys (the ignorant fans), is that you're too lazy to go look them up. You're expecting the music industry to feed them to you. And they aren't going to (not in today's Hip Hop world). Besides, I can't take you guys seriously, when y'all are naming artist like Fabolous, Vado, and Red Cafe. Look beyond them. And not only that, the East artist that do put out good/great albums get dissed for not being "relevant" according to you guys definition. So what's the point of trying to put you on to some quality East artist, when you ignore it anyway?
 7 years ago '06        #23
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
 antoniob 321 said:
thats the point, most people so quick to look at that but won't look futher, there have been so many underrated artist from the south

Cunninlynguist
Nappy Roots
K-Rino
Goodie Mob
Z-Ro
Bobby Creek
etc.

J. Cole
Yela
Jay Elect
Big Krit
Curren$y
Cyhi
People always recognized the truth South. We had that back in the day. Until the ignorance and dumb ish took over, as the cash cow to make money. The South just so happened to be the latest region to fall victum to that. Sorry but that's the truth. You guys supported that garbage, then got mad at any and everybody who would call it out. Anyway, the problem isn't region. Hip Hop fell off as a whole, because every man was out for himself and money. Celebrity and image became more important than talent and the art.
 7 years ago '04        #24
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,446 | Props total: 6517 6517
 MissLoveOne said:
That's a lie. The East has plenty of new blood that's releasing good music. The problem with you guys (the ignorant fans), is that you're too lazy to go look them up. You're expecting the music industry to feed them to you. And they aren't going to (not in today's Hip Hop world). Besides, I can't take you guys seriously, when y'all are naming artist like Fabolous, Vado, and Red Cafe. Look beyond them. And not only that, the East artist that do put out good/great albums get dissed for not being "relevant" according to you guys definition. So what's the point of trying to put you on to some quality East artist, when you ignore it anyway?

it would be helpful if you drop some names like everybody else has
 7 years ago '06        #25
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 944 944
 Chief Dee said:
The problem with new school East Coast hiphop is that their beats are generic. Red Kafe is the posterboy for the generic type of NY emcee that Im talking about. Every song sounds the same, and every rapper from New York also sounds the same nowadays. Sitting through a full mixtape of a NY rapper is like hearing the same song for an hour. Fabolous and Cam are one of the few guys out right now who break through the typical mold.
Red Cafe is trash my n*gga. he been wack for years.
 7 years ago '04        #26
MGz 953 heat pts953
space
space
$8,174 | Props total: 8734 8734
 antoniob 321 said:

Cunninlynguist
Nappy Roots
K-Rino
Goodie Mob
Z-Ro
Bobby Creek
etc.

J. Cole
Yela
Jay Elect
Big Krit
Curren$y
Cyhi
i agree, im from ny but i been everywhere and listens and appreciate all types forms of music/hiphop...im telling you what most people think of the south...all those one hit wonders and bullsh*t records have transform the south to what it is..i just came back from nc,sc, atl, va, my boy is a dj and sometimes i travel with him and no1 was claming cole, krit, jay elec, cyhi...they was claming waka, gucci, dude that sings rack on racks...all i hear from south dudes is "east and west are too serious and we like to have fun down here"...

Last edited by MGz; 04-05-2011 at 06:29 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #27
gagethedesigner 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,753 | Props total: 368 368
 MissLoveOne said:
and not an artist named
how is someone like me, from memphis, going to know about these artist in the east if they names aren't out there. I hit up 2DBZ, BX, LiveMixtapes and a few other sites to check out new music and EC rappers are rarely talked about. The way i see it you new yorkers are the worst fans ever, y'all only talk about old rappers and groups like Wu & Jay-z and only mention new artist when that rapper and his crew traded chairs with some other crew at a club or something

Look at dipset and french montana, damn near every thread about them n*ggas is about some brawl at a show
 7 years ago '04        #28
BeatTycoon 268 heat pts268
space
space
$4,151 | Props total: 4 4
 MissLoveOne said:
Yeah but if you look at the artists that have been listed in this thread so far, most of them aren't mainstream artists. As far as I can tell, cats are definitely looking outside of what is being fed to them by the powers that be. NY just gotta step their game up. That same old gun/drug rap sh*t just ain't groundbreaking anymore.
 7 years ago '10        #29
hockeysniper  OP
space
space
$923 | Props total: 0 0
 MissLoveOne said:
For one, the industry hasn't fed me sh*t. I got hip to Jay Elec way before the Exhibits and became an even bigger fan after The Ecstatic Tour, was big on Krit after I heard the Hometown Hero tapes and then Krit Wuz Here, just to name two of the bigger names.

Second off, I'm from DC, and theres some decent artists over here (Phil Ade, Fat Trel, Wale) but no one great, and I grew up on East Coast sh*t. NY doesn't have anyone that can distinguish himself from the pack anymore, everything sounds the same (they're stuck in the 90-00's)

Last edited by hockeysniper; 04-05-2011 at 07:18 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #30
hockeysniper  OP
space
space
$923 | Props total: 0 0
 BeatTycoon said:
Yeah but if you look at the artists that have been listed in this thread so far, most of them aren't mainstream artists. As far as I can tell, cats are definitely looking outside of what is being fed to them by the powers that be. NY just gotta step their game up. That same old gun/drug rap sh*t just ain't groundbreaking anymore.
 7 years ago '10        #31
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,904 | Props total: 21191 21191
 MissLoveOne said:
And yet you have not named one artist.....

Just face it East Coast hip-hop is trash & I live in BK. sh*t is pure garbage over here, no originality, no nothing. Instead you got these dudes that basically epitomize what we stand for nowadays.

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '08        #32
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,652 | Props total: 1221 1221
vado on the right beat

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 7 years ago '07        #33
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
 Chuck Hustle said:
Horseshoe Gang is weak

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #34
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,461 | Props total: 25172 25172
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
And yet you have not named one artist.....

....Seen Two People Ask This & Its Still Dodge....To Answer This. She Dont Know Any. Saigon Isnt A New Artist Any More.

Now Continue.....
 7 years ago '08        #35
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,652 | Props total: 1221 1221
i dont think you can really argue that new york is on its way out..

max b was the last great thing in NY..then he got locked up

(waits for the hate)

anyways

i tried to prove you wrong but i cant really think of ANYONE!

i mean you got french montana..but hes just....ehh ok

you got umm...wiz khalifa on the "east" i no hes not a nice lyricist but he eastcoast and hes the most popular rapper now..but he has a westcoast swag so i wont count hat

ok so...........ya your right

nothing from the east is whats good right now..sh*ts just not in..eastcoast style wont sell records anymore..

nicki minaj? she from new york lol
 7 years ago '05        #36
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
I have been saying this for a while and it is definitely true.

I dont really consider Red Cafe new anymore, but that Above the Cloudz mixtape is dope. Fred the Godson and Nicki are the only new artists from NY bubbling. Oh and Meek Millz and if you add Phil Ade you got them but the West and South are too deep right now.

Fashawn is the hottest in the west to me right now, Higher Learning 2 still gets plenty rotation.
 7 years ago '05        #37
Chuck Hustle 
space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 0 0
 kakish said:
Oh sh*t!!!

Nope
Horseshoe Gang is weak
 7 years ago '07        #38
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
 Chuck Hustle said:
Oh sh*t!!!

Nope
Horseshoe Gang is weak

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #39
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,833 | Props total: 602 602
And how many south and west cost rappers rap like east coast artist? all the good ones

But no one hot has come out of NY in years

but there are a few luke warm rappers:

Vado
Fred the Godson
Maino
Red Cafe
Mickey Factz
French Montanta

oh And I said this before and I'll say it again. East coast really means New york City. Not New york state, not the tri state but New your fu*king city. 1 city verses how many southern states? Georgia, Florida, Texas, Mississippi, Alabama etc etc. and Cali is bigger than most countries. remember that when you comparing to the "east coast"

Last edited by jasperfect; 04-05-2011 at 09:50 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #40
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
Ab Soul always gets overlooked when people talk about the west
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
61 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy