Apr 5 - Jackie Chan to donate entire fortune to charity and leave nothing for son

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
22 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
21 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #81
Marcus Aurelius 49 heat pts49
space
space
$7,900 | Props total: 3973 3973
 palogee said:
My kids wouldn't be living the Paris Hilton life but I'd be damned if I gave it to a bunch of other folks without securing My grand kid's future. Hell even my first cousins have kids. Glad he isn't my dad. WTF was he spending all that time away from his kid making movies for? To tell him he wasn't gonna give him sh*t when he grew up??? WOW.
exactly. The difference between the spoiled kids and the kids who grew up well but became hard workers are the PARENTS. Look at kobe and peyton. Both had parents who were pro athletes and fairly well off yet they grew into two of the hardest workers their sports have ever seen and have surpassed their father's legacy while at the same time building on that family name. Since jackie brought up will smith, look at his kids. If character were more important than money to jackie he shouldve spent more time with his son instead of away on set making buddy cop sequels.
 7 years ago '09        #82
Akilleez 
space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 23 23
 Hotboy1982 said:
Personally, I can agree with the mindset of what Jackie Chan is doing, because just dumping a load of money on someone who is not responsible to handle that nor does not how to fend for himself is a waste of time, however, I would not leave my child totally penniless either. For example, I have a daughter and I have a trust fund that it set up for her that will have her straight in the even of my passing if she goes to and graduates from college, simply because I want her to become educated and independent and have made her own path in life and that trust fund will be her reward for her hard work
i can co-sign this befor alot of the other sh*t being said. a trust fund with stipulations would be a viable option, but i still think how he did it is the best way to teach his boy to be a self sustainable adult.
 7 years ago '06        #83
LGK 35 heat pts35
space
space
$6,666 | Props total: 1224 1224
 tokinjohn said:
Thats sum bullsh*t right there leave him enough for a rainy day, sh*t his son could get in a car accident two weeks after jackie dies n lose his legs & arms or sum sh*t....then what his son got sh*tty medical help n wont ever b able to work n get his own guap....SMH at Jackie gotta think of everythin possible Mr. Chan!
maybe he did this because he didnt have anyone to leave him a fortune. he prolly wants his son to have the same character and oppurtunity he had without the usual crutch of having a rich father. i can tell by the way he answered those questions he's a real virtuous guy
 7 years ago '04        #84
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,613 | Props total: 286 286
i whole agree with him kids don't appreciate sh*t unless they work for it look at the rich kids here in America oh i'll just live with my parents till they die then i'll get all of there a.ssets fu*k that sh*t. but at least his son has his own thing going for him kudos for that.
 7 years ago '11        #85
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 super vILLain said:
exactly. The difference between the spoiled kids and the kids who grew up well but became hard workers are the PARENTS. Look at kobe and peyton. Both had parents who were pro athletes and fairly well off yet they grew into two of the hardest workers their sports have ever seen and have surpassed their father's legacy while at the same time building on that family name. Since jackie brought up will smith, look at his kids. If character were more important than money to jackie he shouldve spent more time with his son instead of away on set making buddy cop sequels.
What? Is this serious? you gonna call Jackie out on not spending time with his kids to do films (aka HIS JOB) but not other parents like Diddy and Will Smith who've publicly said that they make sure they instill character in their kids?
 7 years ago '05        #86
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
Y'all some spoiled bi*ches make your own legacy and stop living off someone elses. This should push that snot nose bastard to want to surpass his father instead of bi*ch about not getting anything after he dies. #nohandouts except food stamps!
 7 years ago '05        #87
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,931 | Props total: 10792 10792
I'm a huge Jackie Chan fan myself. This is kind of weird and odd. But I see what he's up to. He doesn't want his son to be a selfish arrogant money spoiled kid and cherish life. He's teaching his son that theirs more to life then money and you should work for it. If I was a rich father, I would give my kids a little something something while they're babies, but once they get old enough to work then they have to start putting in work.

All these kids from the Kardashian's and Hilton's have no work ethic and are just spoiled rotten and are stuck up air heads. Real talk, asian people are like the most disciplined and humble people in the world.
 7 years ago '04        #88
matik23 
space
space
$1,842 | Props total: 126 126
 7 years ago '07        #89
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
lol jackie chan is the disappointed asian father

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #90
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7949 7949
 onlyonesmoke said:
He will change his mind later in life..
no he wont, alot of parents or atleast parents that i know have the same mind state, my uncle did it to my cousin and my uncle is loaded

"If he is capable, he can make his own money.

"If he is not, then he will just be wasting my money,"

sounds exactly like my uncle
 7 years ago '05        #91
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1403 1403
jackie a wise kung fu folk
 7 years ago '04        #92
youngsiz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,632 | Props total: 3163 3163
To all those saying you wouldn't leave your son or daughter anything is ridiculous from birth till 18 yyou have all the time in the world to teach someone how to manage money and respect the funds that they have becuase things change and don't last forever I been hearing that since I was 5 only 25 noow and still somewhat bad with money you think my parents still aren't gonna help me out life is an growing exp you have kids and give them your advice and exps in life u can't blame the hourse for not srinking the water you can only take it to thw water same for my kids I'm gonna give them advice if they don't take o well sometime before I die one life lesson will be learnned hell my dad gave me hour long speechs on the sh*t I'm going threw now u think he gonna hold it against me for not understanding at the age of twelve what I understand now HELL NO a lot of you are gonna have kids that refuse to speak to you
 7 years ago '04        #93
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,120 | Props total: 4419 4419
 lifesabeach said:

[pic - click to view]

BEIJING: Hong Kong action star Jackie Chan revealed that he would donate all his a.ssets to charity during an awards ceremony in Beijing on Thursday and would not leave a cent for his son, singer Jaycee Chan, reported Chinese media.

Chan, who already willed half his fortune to charity, expressed Thursday that his son will get nothing after he passes away.

"If he is capable, he can make his own money.

"If he is not, then he will just be wasting my money," said Chan.

Although the younger Chan received an award that night, his father was still not satisfied and regretted not pushing him to greater heights.

"I really regret not sending him into the army in the past, to give him more experience and temper his character," the 56-year-old star said.

He also took the opportunity to comment on recent rumours of his death in the tabloids, which had left the people around him in a tizzy.

"I am not dead, though I am so busy that I may get worked to death," said Chan. "I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value."

"Even Will Smith (Chan's Hollywood actor friend) was fooled [by the fake reports] and mourned my passing on the Internet."

Jaycee Chan also became extremely worried after hearing about the false reports and called his father just to make sure.

"My dad scolded me 'Do you wish I were dead?' That was when I knew it was all false," said the younger Chan.

then so could a charity
 7 years ago '10        #94
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
$9,238 | Props total: 1285 1285
Wowww this thread has really shown how selfish people are.

Rather give your money to strangers to help their lives, but not your own family???

BEYOND selfish to those who matter most.

Some of you act like this is the fu*king National Geographic channel, where momma bear tells the Cubs get fu*ked at age 2, catch your fish on your own or die trying.

My kids matter more than anybody else on this earth and all be damned if I would give all my money away to strangers and let them live a normal life.

thread just stinks to high heaven of selfishness. Please, some of you don't have kids if you would rather give your money to strangers than your own flesh and blood.

Last edited by rek0nize; 04-05-2011 at 05:56 PM..
 04-05-2011, 05:54 PM         #95
Chopzilla  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tough love but Jaycee is already established in china he's starred in some movies already and a singer so I mean its not really a big deal.
 04-05-2011, 06:00 PM         #96
Rendition  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you're Jackie Chans son

make it work.
 7 years ago '10        #97
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
That's not tough love, its called SELFISHNESS
 7 years ago '10        #98
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
 BasedSkins said:
when my dad died that n*gga left everything to his girl friend

fu*k that n*gga hope he burnin in hell

Feel for you man, sh*ts beyond terrible.

Rather leave it to some girlfriend than your child.
 04-05-2011, 06:04 PM         #99
steelmagnum  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all right, i doubt jackie chan will literally leave 0 for his kid, prolly a few hundred grand in case of emergencies. but he wont give the kid millions to splurge and waste, better used with charities.
 7 years ago '10        #100
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
^
Wrong. Who are you to say that's what he would do with the money??

Everybody isn't dumb in this world you know.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
154 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now