Apr 5 - Jackie Chan to donate entire fortune to charity and leave nothing for son

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
92 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
282 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-05-2011, 02:33 PM         #21
Clipsburgh 412  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wtr1906 said:

I understand making your children work hard and appreciating things but NOTHING????
He'll probably get something, just not money.
 7 years ago '09        #22
Akilleez 
space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 23 23
some of yall n*ggas are silly. for the man who has nothing, who feeds his children with week old bread, who shelters them from rain with a cardboard box, and who clothes them with tattered rags, did he not put food in their mouths, a roof over their head, and clothing on their back??

a real man will provide for his children within his means to do so, untill they're old enough to do so for themselves, then, how they make their way in life is up to them, and they learn a lesson in life that is more priceless but valuable than money can buy.

why not get mad at the momma bird who teaches her saps to fly by letting them hop out the nest and either learn by themselves or die. jackie made his money by himself, and his fame alone will give his son the tools that alot of other people don't have to make it on his own. if he drops the ball trying, he tried at least.

/rant lol
 7 years ago '08        #23
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,764 | Props total: 12243 12243
Dats some bullsh*t.

My mom passed and me and my bro got what we needed to help us out.

I understand the principle but that's why you work so hard so your children don't have to go thru what you did. As a child you still have to work but damn Jackie.
 7 years ago '04        #24
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 Akilleez said:
real sh*t. u can see he's trying to build his sons character. and he's right, if his son is capable, he'll make his own money, if not, he won't. most men try to build wealth, or stack and save something to leave their family, but a man who wants his children to inherit a good spirit will do this.
Actually its the best way not to build a good spirit. If he had a questionable character, cutting him out can either 1.) Help him realize that he needs to "get his own",or 2.) It can make him even worse plus resentful towards him.
 04-05-2011, 02:44 PM         #25
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:applause:You have to accumulate your own fortune, life is harder that way at least you'll appreciate it more if you make it to the top.
 04-05-2011, 02:51 PM         #26
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Most people don't deserve money because they haven't been disciplined yet. What are you going to do when you get the money? Party and fu*k bi*ches all day? What are you going to do to change the world? fu*k looking flashy.
 7 years ago '05        #27
P DRILLA 103 heat pts103
space
space
$10,681 | Props total: 6457 6457
"If he is capable, he can make his own money.

"If he is not, then he will just be wasting my money," said Chan.
real talk
 04-05-2011, 03:05 PM         #28
Gleams  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
<--- his son
 7 years ago '11        #29
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 1270 1270
I hope his son doesn't ask for donations in the event of Jackies death.
 7 years ago '09        #30
Akilleez 
space
space
 CA$H MONEY said:
Actually its the best way not to build a good spirit. If he had a questionable character, cutting him out can either 1.) Help him realize that he needs to "get his own",or 2.) It can make him even worse plus resentful towards him.
and your completely right. the point is tho, he is an adult, and he CAN go either way, but that choice is up to him. he can take the lesson and learn, or just suck resentments d*ck, and fail. his choice, but regardless, the lesson is there to be seen, whether he see's it or not.
 7 years ago '04        #31
BunDLeZ 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 1 1
 Akilleez said:
real sh*t. u can see he's trying to build his sons character. and he's right, if his son is capable, he'll make his own money, if not, he won't. most men try to build wealth, or stack and save something to leave their family, but a man who wants his children to inherit a good spirit will do this.
THATS REAL BRAH.....BUT THEN AGAIN, WOULDNT YOU BE MAD IF YOUR POPS AINT LEFT YOU sh*t AFTER HE PASSES?

ON THE SIDE NOTE, I DONT KNOW JACKIE CHAN'S SON...
HE COULD PROLLY BE ONE OF THOSE NON AMBITIOUS DUDES
 7 years ago '09        #32
Akilleez 
space
space
 P DRILLA said:
real talk
hell yeah. why the f*ck would you leave money to somebody who wouldn't use it as necessity to survive, as others in less fortunate situations would. you got millions of dollars, you can either A.) leave it to people who would squander it aimlessly, with no value or B.) leave it to people who would actually benefit positively from it. or C.) k!ll two birds by teaching your loved ones the value of earning your own, AND leave the money for people who need it more.
 7 years ago '09        #33
Akilleez 
space
space
 BunDLeZ said:
THATS REAL BRAH.....BUT THEN AGAIN, WOULDNT YOU BE MAD IF YOUR POPS AINT LEFT YOU sh*t AFTER HE PASSES?

ON THE SIDE NOTE, I DONT KNOW JACKIE CHAN'S SON...
HE COULD PROLLY BE ONE OF THOSE NON AMBITIOUS DUDES
yeah i might be salty for a seconds, but who would be around to give 2 f*cks about my pain. so i would get on my own hustle, instead of resenting a person who didn't provide for me on account of THEIR hustle.
 04-05-2011, 03:29 PM         #34
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Akilleez said:
That's that sh*t. Props to Jackie Chan

My dad told me he wrote me out of his will when I was 16 or so. Best thing he could have ever done to me. Inserted the hustler spirit in me and today we work side by side. My company charges his for services rendered and in turn he promises me nothing but a place to sleep at night.

I have an excellent relationship with pops and I see the danger of handing wealth down to a child. I'm not leaving my own kids a dime but I will teach them to work the world and make their own way through it.
 04-05-2011, 03:30 PM         #35
Old Man Quillis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My kids wouldn't be living the Paris Hilton life but I'd be damned if I gave it to a bunch of other folks without securing My grand kid's future. Hell even my first cousins have kids. Glad he isn't my dad. WTF was he spending all that time away from his kid making movies for? To tell him he wasn't gonna give him sh*t when he grew up??? WOW.
 7 years ago '06        #36
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
I see a LOT of people in this thread who love handouts and hate working for what they want in life. Jackie is right not to give his son sh*t. His name is worth enough. Get out there and do ya thing and make your own money.
 7 years ago '05        #37
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,218 | Props total: 15782 15782
I make more money than both of my parents....when they pass, they won't have anything to pass on me

So I can see where jackie is coming from that his son should make money for himself, but with that said he needs to leave something for his son just in case something happens that his son can't make his own money.
 04-05-2011, 03:34 PM         #38
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 palogee said:
My kids wouldn't be living the Paris Hilton life but I'd be damned if I gave it to a bunch of other folks without securing My grand kid's future. Hell even my first cousins have kids. Glad he isn't my dad. WTF was he spending all that time away from his kid making movies for? To tell him he wasn't gonna give him sh*t when he grew up??? WOW.
I feel you but trust me the only way to secure your child's wealth is to teach them how to make and conserve money, not burn it. Give them the spirit a survivor and they will live well even if all you leave them is a notebook and a pen when you die.
 7 years ago '08        #39
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,968 | Props total: 5535 5535
Part of this makes me think he doesn't trust his kid to do the right thing with the money either.

If I was him I'd just educate my son on what to do with it/how to manage it.
 7 years ago '10        #40
t from the 617 
space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 6145 6145
damn this dude basically said "im disappointed in how my son turned out" and put it out for the world to read
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy