Anonymous Gets Serious, Attacks Sony Employees

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
62 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
102 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
8371 pageviews
120 comments

|Roscoe 385 heat pts385
space
space
$2,056 | Props total: 0 0
Anonymous Gets Serious, Attacks Sony Employees

[pic - click to view]

Infamous hacking group, Anonymous, began a series of attacks against Sony earlier today, bringing down several Sony sites and the PlayStation Network. However, a radical offshoot of the main group believe that the attacks aren’t enough, and are prepared to take the f!ght to a more severe level.

Initially claiming that they would seek revenge against Sony for their legal action against Geohot and other PS3 hackers, the group successfully DDoS’d PlayStation.com and the PlayStation Store under a group called OpSony. Now, a more more aggressive and darker group called SonyRecon have begun a series of more personal attacks.

Speaking on the OpSony IRC, user randomtask announced his new group:

ok i made a chan #sonyrecon for people to gather and contribute dox, and work towards a common goal of finding and information and detailing useful targets

some one got the phone number of the head of the sony company in #sonyrecon
Dox is where a hacker gets another person’s identity, such as the name of the person, telephone number, pictures, home address, email, IP address, family members and relatives names etc. and then uses this to their advantage, mainly fraud.

Currently SonyRecon is only kicking off, but the group have already uncovered Sony employees’ family records and personal details. We’ve left out links to the details, and the actual information included so that the employees details are not further compromised, but it is worrying that the group could uncover information so quickly.

For example, Robert S. Wiesenthal, Group Executive, Sony Corporation, leading Corporate Development and Mergers and Acquisitions at Sony headquarters’ family history is currently being released onto the internet. His marital status, age, place of address, education and even whether he has children has been discovered. Other main targets include Nicole Seligman and Sony boss Howard Stringer, but multiple Sony employee emails are noted as future targets.

Meanwhile, both OpSony and SonyRecon have targeted those involved in the actual lawsuit against Geohot, with members of OpSony singling out the judge of the case.

SonyRecon founder randomtask stated:

sony , the judge and sonys lawyers are all valid targets
SonyRecon have also began compiling personal information of the lawyers as well as the plaintiffs involved in the case.

The extent of the attacks remains to be seen, but PlayStation LifeStyle will keep you updated.

[pic - click to view]

Anonymous Gets Serious, Attacks Sony Employees | PlayStation LifeStyle

120 comments for "Anonymous Gets Serious, Attacks Sony Employees"

7 years ago '05        #2
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
fu*king idiots. I can't wait till the government sh*ts on these wanna be tough guy idiots. Sony fu*ked up but going after people you think might of been involve and releasing their family information just shows how dumb and childish these groups are.
 7 years ago '10        #3
sickskillz 
space
space
$258 | Props total: 1 1
sony bout to be sh*tting bricks

PhI|0z0pH3r said:
fu*king idiots. I can't wait till the government sh*ts on these wanna be tough guy idiots. Sony fu*ked up but going after people you think might of been involve and releasing their family information just shows how dumb and childish these groups are.
can you think of any other way to get the attention of greedy a.ss Sony?

they're just showing what they have the ability to do.

Last edited by sickskillz; 04-04-2011 at 09:45 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #4
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 46 46
perhaps these idiots are somehow connected to GeoHot?
 04-04-2011, 09:49 PM         #5
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and people still support these as*holes? i can't wait for the government to come down hard on these queerbaits
 7 years ago '05        #6
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
 sickskillz said:
sony bout to be sh*tting bricks

can you think of any other way to get the attention of greedy a.ss Sony?

they're just showing what they have the ability to do.
Personally yes. Actually hacking their servers and releasing free sh*t or getting the media attention not in a way that makes them look like the bad guys. I understand getting revenge and all that sh*t cause Sony fu*ked up but releasing info on family members and sh*t is fu*king grimey and shows how pathetic this group is.
 7 years ago '05        #7
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,081 | Props total: 10757 10757
For example, Robert S. Wiesenthal, Group Executive, Sony Corporation, leading Corporate Development and Mergers and Acquisitions at Sony headquarters’ family history is currently being released onto the internet. His marital status, age, place of address, education and even whether he has children has been discovered. Other main targets include Nicole Seligman and Sony boss Howard Stringer, but multiple Sony employee emails are noted as future targets.

I'm sorry but this is gold

fu*ked up... but gold nonetheless
 04-04-2011, 09:52 PM         #8
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
Personally yes. Actually hacking their servers and releasing free sh*t or getting the media attention not in a way that makes them look like the bad guys. I understand getting revenge and all that sh*t cause Sony fu*ked up but releasing info on family members and sh*t is fu*king grimey and shows how pathetic this group is.
like i said before they don't stand for justice they are all about trolling and fu*king with people and idiots think they wont get caught

they are gonna be in their basement eating hot pockets playing wow and the door is gonna come crashing down
 7 years ago '10        #9
sickskillz 
space
space
 IronMaiden said:
and people still support these as*holes? i can't wait for the government to come down hard on these queerbaits
Serious question here..

Are you and/or any family members currently employed by Sony Corporation™?
 7 years ago '10        #10
sickskillz 
space
space
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
Yea I get what you're saying.. i support them in the fact that they're strong enough to get this kind of info but they should've kept it to themselves and shown it to Sony to say they mean business instead of releasing it out to the public for everyone to see.

Still thats some sh*t though that they can get this kind of info pretty quick...
 7 years ago '10        #11
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 46 46
hackers do things for me and you. most of the time.

but releasing family members info?

i hope the judge slaps them on the wrist...

with the sharp side of a machete.
 7 years ago '04        #12
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,044 | Props total: 19872 19872
okay, I see the simple flock is in this thread because they got sonned in the other...

xeduran said:
It is not naive at all. If you knew anything about the hacking, you would know that most of those involved tried to restrict piracy as much as possible. Geohot definitely did. He went as far as creating a custom NPDRM key for homebrew apps to use. He did not give up the NPDRM decryption keys which would allow PSN games and DLC to be pirated. To this day he still has not given those keys up because they would lead only to piracy. He released the Metldr keys because they were needed to reverse engineer the Hypervisor and GameOS. You can believe whatever you want, but if you knew what was actually going on, you would know that Geohot did not want piracy to happen and tried to prevent it while still allowing homebrew to be ran. Maybe Sony should have left OtherOS alone and nobody would have touched the system. Geohot did not get involved until after the Slim was released without OtherOS.

No matter what Sony thinks or anybody else, once you buy a PS3, it is officially your property. Why is it that some of you cannot get that through your thick heads. If I want to hack my system or install other software on it, Sony cannot stop me. Just like you are able to install whatever you want on your computer without any computer dealer stopping you. Or modify your car without a car manufacturer stopping you. I find it mind boggling that some of you actually would agree with Sony on this. You are not leasing your PS3, you own it.
 7 years ago '07        #13
tacuna 320 12 heat pts12
space
space
$4,124 | Props total: 1350 1350
omg and the Head of Xbox LIVE Policy and Enforcement Team was hacked today as well!
 7 years ago '04        #14
space
space
Blasphemy at some of you fools supporting Sony...

take this example...PS3 has backwards compatibility already in the system, it just needs to be "turned on". Sony wants to RE-Release titles so you can pay for them all over again.... you guys support that type of sh*t??
 7 years ago '04        #15
Solidus 
space
space
space
$1,559 | Props total: 10 10
i wanna believe these hackers are not dumb enough to get caught

god speed fellas :bigok:
 7 years ago '04        #16
space
space
 Solidus said:
i wanna believe these hackers are not dumb enough to get caught

god speed fellas :bigok:
they're not... they've hacked bigger and more prestigious organizations and kept it moving without leaving a TRACE.

apparently people online think Sony is some kind of force in the world when they just exposed how sh*tTY AND GARBAGE their security is... I don't appreciate that when they ask me for my credit card to buy something, knowing it can be hacked and taken.

Anon just did SONY a big favor by showing their system was weak, now Sony will have to shell out some cash and gets some better security for themselves and their users.
 7 years ago '04        #17
space
space
as for the personal info... yeah thats cowardice.. but its too prove a point....

besides, hacking Facebooks is such a big deal right??
 7 years ago '05        #18
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,261 | Props total: 2458 2458
there opening up pandoras box on themselves by targeting the judge.
 04-04-2011, 10:50 PM         #19
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
So let me get this straight. It is alright for Sony to go after the personal information of everyone who visited a website or watched a youtube video? For Sony to want the personal information on the harddrives of people who are suing them for OtherOS. Yet they do not want their personal information out there....Get the F*ck Out of Here. It is called you reap what you sow. Maybe Sony should not have been sh*tting on everyone else's privacy. I feel no pity whatsoever for Sony anymore. You treat people like dirt and throw their privacy in the wind, do not expect them to treat you any better.
 7 years ago '04        #20
l0udm0uf 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,678 | Props total: 3 3
we are anonymous
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy