Sony and PlayStation.com Brought Down By Anon Attack, More to Follow

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #81
link04 86 heat pts86
space
space
$12,597 | Props total: 3907 3907
I just wanna play all my online ps3 games online..omg f**k u hacker!!
 7 years ago '05        #82
slanguistics 
space
space
$299 | Props total: 0 0
 IronMaiden said:
You think they can't be tracked?

you know how many people do this sh*t and get caught? people who have way more skill
LOL Ironmaiden you obivsouly don't know sh*t about the internet and its funny that everyone calls you a fu*king retard in every other thread. Probably because its true.

Anonymous has hacked an entire web security company. This was the web security firm that was payed by our government and several banks to try and do something to stop or prevent anonymous. He hacked their website and even wiped the CEO of the company HBgarys Ipad. Sony was easy to them. They even hacked bank of america released 5,000 e-mails showing shady corporate sh*t. Not a single Anonymous hacker has been identified or prosecuted for either actions. Once again your a retard. Please STFU.
 7 years ago '10        #83
kennboy1 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$3,584 | Props total: 1 1
 slanguistics said:
LOL Ironmaiden you obivsouly don't know sh*t about the internet and its funny that everyone calls you a fu*king retard in every other thread. Probably because its true.

Anonymous has hacked an entire web security company. This was the web security firm that was payed by our government and several banks to try and do something to stop or prevent anonymous. He hacked their website and even wiped the CEO of the company HBgarys Ipad. Sony was easy to them. They even hacked bank of america released 5,000 e-mails showing shady corporate sh*t. Not a single Anonymous hacker has been identified or prosecuted for either actions. Once again your a retard. Please STFU.
Hmmm...
 7 years ago '05        #84
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,080 | Props total: 4215 4215
well i'm sitting here with a fukked up blu-ray drive, 2 weeks before mk9 drops..... and those as*holes want to charge 150$... hope they shut em down for a month, greedy bastards
 7 years ago '10        #85
Alixix 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,721 | Props total: 25 25
 slanguistics said:

7 years ago '10        #86
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,278 | Props total: 23784 23784
:dancingcool:
 7 years ago '04        #87
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,021 | Props total: 19602 19602
 slanguistics said:

THANK YOU

I hate smug c*nts who always think they know what their talking about.
 7 years ago '04        #88
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,898 | Props total: 2529 2529
 slanguistics said:

04-04-2011, 07:39 PM         #89
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 macoeric said:
Why is everyone keep saying USB ports don't let you watch movies anymore?
Mine work just fine
Maybe because I'm still rocking the OG 60gb one?
exactly. I have the 120g Slim version and I got two USB ports on the front which is all I need. I have the controller plugged into one, and the other I use to plug my WD Passport Hard Drive into it, and play movies and music and whatever off of it.
 04-04-2011, 07:49 PM         #90
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IronMaiden said:
I hope FBI and everyone comes down hard on these basement virgins.

let them get westboro baptist church first

and you're kidding yourself if you think these guys don't moonlight for the feds
 7 years ago '04        #91
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,898 | Props total: 2529 2529
 conscious thug said:
lol, that's some naive sh*t there. Yeah releasing that code onto the internet wasn't designed to foster piracy. No, they just wanted to run Linux on their PS3. lol.

Come on, man. You don't honestly believe that, right? Now HE may have intended to only do linux and homebrew or whatever. I'm not 100% believing that, but just for the sake of argument, let's say he did.

He releaed that sh*t online, KNOWING that others aren't going to have his oh so noble outlook. He's fu*king with Sony's money here. That's a big no no that I would expect anyone to understand.

Especially people on a site like this that proclaim to be all about that money they making.

I feel what you saying nobody can say what his intentions really were. but i do know this. When he did release his FW it was blocked of pirated games. His FW was manipulated to accept pirated games.

The thing i find funny about all of this is. People are so quick to stand by a Company than something that will benefit them. I mean if thats the case and its about companies maintaining a good business. people should start reporting all these Free links to PPV events, video streaming, Downloading. illegal content being released by sites offering it. down to the people

the mindset of people these days is the main reason i feel this picture here....

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #92
RayG210 43 heat pts43
space
space
$3,596 | Props total: 256 256
I haven't been able to get on PSN for over the past two hours =/
 04-04-2011, 08:00 PM         #93
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 conscious thug said:
They only reason these updates are happening are because of the hacking. The Other OS was being used to exploit sh*t and run pirated games. That's why it was shut down. They could have handled it better, but regardless, all these "updates" that remove sh*t or patch sh*t is a direct result of the hackers.

Be mad at the hackers, not the company trying to protect it's investment from those trying to run pirated games.

A whole lot of cats on here talking sh*t about this are ones who run pirated games, so you guys aren't exactly arguing from a point of moral superiority here.

I never used the "Other OS" thing anyway, so that never affected my experience.

Completely wrong. OtherOS was removed from the Slim PS3s first. There were zero hacks before Sony removed OtherOS from the Slims. Geohot hacked the PS3 to try and bring OtherOS back since Sony removed it. Sony wants everybody to believe this lie about OtherOS leading to hacking, when in reality it was the other way around. The removal of OtherOS led to hacking. There were no hacks before OtherOS was removed. The hackers did not care until Sony pulled that stunt.

All the information is out there. Check the timeline of when the Slim PS3s came out without OtherOS. Then check when Geohot first got involved. Sony acted first. There are a few reasons out there for why Sony may have removed OtherOS in the first place. One of them being because people were essentially buying cheap Cell Computers by buying the PS3 and using OtherOS. The U.S. government was doing this. Sony was actually losing money on these people because they do not buy games at all, and Sony at the time was losing money on each PS3 sold. Sony wants you to believe that it was for security reasons, that is a load of crap. The PS3 has been hacked and still is being hacked without having to use OtherOS at all.
 7 years ago '09        #94
NoHope 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,912 | Props total: 1665 1665
DDoS is so simple yet effective.
 04-04-2011, 08:07 PM         #95
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 conscious thug said:
lol, that's some naive sh*t there. Yeah releasing that code onto the internet wasn't designed to foster piracy. No, they just wanted to run Linux on their PS3. lol.

Come on, man. You don't honestly believe that, right? Now HE may have intended to only do linux and homebrew or whatever. I'm not 100% believing that, but just for the sake of argument, let's say he did.

He releaed that sh*t online, KNOWING that others aren't going to have his oh so noble outlook. He's fu*king with Sony's money here. That's a big no no that I would expect anyone to understand.

Especially people on a site like this that proclaim to be all about that money they making.
It is not naive at all. If you knew anything about the hacking, you would know that most of those involved tried to restrict piracy as much as possible. Geohot definitely did. He went as far as creating a custom NPDRM key for homebrew apps to use. He did not give up the NPDRM decryption keys which would allow PSN games and DLC to be pirated. To this day he still has not given those keys up because they would lead only to piracy. He released the Metldr keys because they were needed to reverse engineer the Hypervisor and GameOS. You can believe whatever you want, but if you knew what was actually going on, you would know that Geohot did not want piracy to happen and tried to prevent it while still allowing homebrew to be ran. Maybe Sony should have left OtherOS alone and nobody would have touched the system. Geohot did not get involved until after the Slim was released without OtherOS.

No matter what Sony thinks or anybody else, once you buy a PS3, it is officially your property. Why is it that some of you cannot get that through your thick heads. If I want to hack my system or install other software on it, Sony cannot stop me. Just like you are able to install whatever you want on your computer without any computer dealer stopping you. Or modify your car without a car manufacturer stopping you. I find it mind boggling that some of you actually would agree with Sony on this. You are not leasing your PS3, you own it.

Last edited by xeduran; 04-04-2011 at 08:11 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #96
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,063 | Props total: 1091 1091
"Bunch of hackers"

More like a bunch of retards who DDOS sites, prank call and order people pizzas.
 7 years ago '06        #97
samsin420 39 heat pts39
space
space
$5,940 | Props total: 471 471
lol its bill gates
 7 years ago '05        #98
slanguistics 
space
space
$299 | Props total: 0 0
 TanstA! said:
THANK YOU

I hate smug c*nts who always think they know what their talking about.
agreed. cant wait to read his down syndrome filled reply.
 7 years ago '07        #99
mrfreak76 700 heat pts700
space
space
$7,144 | Props total: 1362 1362
 xeduran said:
It is not naive at all. If you knew anything about the hacking, you would know that most of those involved tried to restrict piracy as much as possible. Geohot definitely did. He went as far as creating a custom NPDRM key for homebrew apps to use. He did not give up the NPDRM decryption keys which would allow PSN games and DLC to be pirated. To this day he still has not given those keys up because they would lead only to piracy. He released the Metldr keys because they were needed to reverse engineer the Hypervisor and GameOS. You can believe whatever you want, but if you knew what was actually going on, you would know that Geohot did not want piracy to happen and tried to prevent it while still allowing homebrew to be ran. Maybe Sony should have left OtherOS alone and nobody would have touched the system. Geohot did not get involved until after the Slim was released without OtherOS.

No matter what Sony thinks or anybody else, once you buy a PS3, it is officially your property. Why is it that some of you cannot get that through your thick heads. If I want to hack my system or install other software on it, Sony cannot stop me. Just like you are able to install whatever you want on your computer without any computer dealer stopping you. Or modify your car without a car manufacturer stopping you. I find it mind boggling that some of you actually would agree with Sony on this. You are not leasing your PS3, you own it.
Awesome Response, couldn't have said it any better. Props
 7 years ago '07        #100
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,195 | Props total: 19744 19744
 IronMaiden said:
You think they can't be tracked?

you know how many people do this sh*t and get caught? people who have way more skill
these dudes have hacked mastercard, paypal the egyptian goverment and countless other websites and haven't gotten caught. They exposed corruption in bank of america with thousands of emails they dumped. They also hacked the company, who is responsible for protecting the U.S. from hackers. But you and your "team" of attorneys are gonna be able to find them and do what countless other billion dollar corporations couldn't do?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
76 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
25 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago