How to avoid Sprint $10 charge when you buy or swap a smartphone??

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
41 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #1
7102 pageviews
19 comments

Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,972 | Props total: 7397 7397
How to avoid Sprint $10 charge when you buy or swap a smartphone??

image Any1 been successful at this??

19 comments for "How to avoid Sprint $10 charge when you buy or swap a smartphone??"

7 years ago '04        #2
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
You can't. $10 premium data charge is required for all smart phones regardless of your excuse.

Work for Sprint. When trying to activate a smart phone, a required "SOC" will show up and say the $10 premium data must be added to process the activation.
 7 years ago '04        #3
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,991 | Props total: 1350 1350
 famoussasjohn said:
You can't. $10 premium data charge is required for all smart phones regardless of your excuse.

Work for Sprint. When trying to activate a smart phone, a required "SOC" will show up and say the $10 premium data must be added to process the activation.
correct.
 7 years ago '07        #4
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
beef and they will give you $100 credit...thas about it
 04-04-2011, 10:48 PM         #5
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There is a way around it for 3G phones, but the trick gettin one of the reps to circumvent their job to do it. So unless you find a person who love you more than they do their job, you'll never get one to do it.
 7 years ago '04        #6
space
space
 billieskeet said:
There is a way around it for 3G phones, but the trick gettin one of the reps to circumvent their job to do it. So unless you find a person who love you more than they do their job, you'll never get one to do it.
Wrong. If it is a Blackberry, Android phone, PalmOS, Windows Mobile (or Windows 7) or Instinct device, the fee cannot be waived or "tricked" into not getting charged for it. When trying to activate a Smartphone, "CSM" will have a box appear after typing in the ESN of the phone, it will detect it will require the $10 premium data charge, it will not, I will repeat, it will NOT allow you to go any further until the customer has agreed to accepting the charge. You cannot get around it, regardless of who works for Sprint. It is required, just like if you want to tether your device with any carrier, you must pay the required fee to use that device.

The deadline was on January 28th to activate your device before the policy came into effect, you want to activate that new EVO? Pay the $10 fee. At least you are getting unlimited still.
 7 years ago '04        #7
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,137 | Props total: 4536 4536
is dis fee for the data service or a one time fee plus the data plan?
 7 years ago '04        #8
space
space
 2totimes said:
is dis fee for the data service or a one time fee plus the data plan?
It's per month.
 7 years ago '05        #9
SupaMann 47 heat pts47
space
space
$5,183 | Props total: 1201 1201
why they doing this when unlimited data is already included?
 7 years ago '07        #10
Tony_Stylezzz 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,743 | Props total: 159 159
$79.99 isnt a bad hit to me when alot of companies like Verizon and AT&T charge you like $99.99 and it probably doesnt include the internet with it. I'm guessing they put this towards all smart phones because of the people who were complaining about the extra charge on 4G phones. Now everyone has to pay with a smartphone if you changed your plan after that deadline. I'm sure people with smartphones using way more data then people with flip phones, etc anyway.
 7 years ago '04        #11
space
space
 SupaMann said:
why they doing this when unlimited data is already included?
They tell us it is to maintain the data as good as it is, and keep it at unlimited instead of being capped at a certain amount, and in order to keep that, they had to charge $10 more. They say smart phone users use 10% more data compared to people who use the cheap basic phones.
 7 years ago '04        #12
Barcode 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,145 | Props total: 27 27
If you've been a customer for yrs you can try to get them to waiver the 4G data or discount your bill 10% which comes out roughly to the same amount. . .
 7 years ago '04        #13
space
space
 Barcode said:
If you've been a customer for yrs you can try to get them to waiver the 4G data or discount your bill 10% which comes out roughly to the same amount. . .
Wont happen, the 10%, maybe, complain to account services but that $10 premium data charge will never be removed.
 7 years ago '04        #14
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,710 | Props total: 437 437
yea, you are basvially paying extra $10 month and nothing is really getting better with your service
 7 years ago '04        #15
space
space
 Hood_Rich said:
yea, you are basvially paying extra $10 month and nothing is really getting better with your service
It's basically so they can keep the data unlimited instead of having a cap like all the other carriers. This is what they say is the reason, no one ever said this was going to change service or make it any better.
 7 years ago '04        #16
Stack_Bundles 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,093 | Props total: 179 179
I Have 2 Lines
The First Is A HTC TouchPro2
The Second Is A Evo Shift

For Some Reason When I Look At My Bill Now The 1st Line Doesn't Show That $10 Charge Anymore, But The Second Does, Is It Normally Only Charged For 1 Device Now?
 7 years ago '04        #17
space
space
 Stack_Bundles said:
I Have 2 Lines
The First Is A HTC TouchPro2
The Second Is A Evo Shift

For Some Reason When I Look At My Bill Now The 1st Line Doesn't Show That $10 Charge Anymore, But The Second Does, Is It Normally Only Charged For 1 Device Now?
When did you activate the Touch Pro 2? If it was before January 28th, the fee will not be there, if it was activated after the 28th, then it will be there.
 7 years ago '04        #18
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
if i upgrade to sero premium (on old sero now), someone said its 10 bucks more a month.

is that for the smartphone charge? or will it end up being $40 (im on $30 now, so that + 10 for sero premium) + 10 for smartphone + 10 for 4g?
 7 years ago '04        #19
Tha Professor 
space
space
space
$112 | Props total: 2 2
I was told the touch pro 2 does not require the 10 because it is a legacy phone.....all phones like android,windows 7 mobile and any other new phone would require it. I have a touch pro 2 and they said if I changed to a newer phone I'd have to pay the 10.
 7 years ago '04        #20
space
space
 Tha Professor said:
I was told the touch pro 2 does not require the 10 because it is a legacy phone.....all phones like android,windows 7 mobile and any other new phone would require it. I have a touch pro 2 and they said if I changed to a newer phone I'd have to pay the 10.
If you had the phone activated before January 28th, there won't be a fee, if it is activated after that date the fee will apply. It runs on Windows Mobile Software, which will require the fee. The person you were talking to misinformed you.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
190 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy