Jalen Rose pulled off the air by ESPN for DUI controversy

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 04-02-2011, 02:36 PM         #81
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMagicMan said:

[pic - click to view]

he look like a real white devil :laughing9:
 7 years ago '04        #82
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,121 | Props total: 229 229
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Once again people, Jalen Rose wasnt keeping anything real. He was just an upset jealous confused young man. He has said so himself. He only wanted Duke to recruit him, he only wanted what Grant Hill had with a Professional Sports playing daddy at his games and loving him like Grant's dad loved and supported him. He was bitter and angry but that still didnt make it right for him to use coonery to sell that documentary. The real message was lost because of this sh*t and the way it was produced. Even in the interviews leading up to it, what was he talking about, "His Uncle Tom comments".

If thats not what he wanted to talk about or bring up ahead of time then why was that the clip he took with him on all the shows when he was marketing the premiere? He could have chosen another clip. Why is it Chris Webber backed out of it midway through the production? He wasnt down with being portrayed as a ****, he had some sense and realized he is too old to be talking about "keeping it real"

I'm glad he got busted for this DUI. Truth is that Jalen is that Jalen still feels the way he did then. It's people like him (and some of you) who mistake polish, class, and intelligence as "selling out" or being an "Uncle Tom."
 7 years ago '05        #83
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,099 | Props total: 4231 4231
n*ggas actiing like Duke students don't get wasted
 7 years ago '06        #84
samsin420 39 heat pts39
space
space
$5,946 | Props total: 491 491
 TheMagicMan said:

[pic - click to view]

Great timing.
 7 years ago '09        #85
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12364 12364
 blazers1star said:
Didn't Jay Marriotti get kicked off ESPN for a DUI?

I believe Mariotti's was for beating his live in "lover". I never saw any reports specifying male or female on the lover part.

I think Mariotti wasnt bringing them money and fans hated his a.ss. Jalen is loved by fans and just made them a ton of money with the fab five doc
 7 years ago '04        #86
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
 KSoraci7 said:
Antoine Walker needs a job.
he's in the D league
 7 years ago '06        #87
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
the cameron crazies won
 7 years ago '06        #88
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 MosDefinition said:
coach k looks like hitler without the mustache

04-03-2011, 12:58 AM         #89
kjyo20 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KSoraci7 said:
Antoine Walker needs a job.
 04-03-2011, 01:17 AM         #90
TheBallDontLie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lboog1423 said:

You do realize there is life away from basketball. If u think a black man going to a good school to get a great education along with playing ball is selling out. Then you along with many others have some serious issues that need addressing. To think a man is selling out because he is trying to better himself is obsurd.

And to refer to another black man in this day and age as an uncle tom is just ridiculous. Nobody on bx or jalen know s**t about Grant Hill. People wanna knock black Duke players for coming from good backgrounds, but nvr ask the question of how their family got there. People arent handed instant success. It is earned through hard work. Dont knock someone for goin out and working hard so they can provide a better life for their family.

Does Duke recruit a certain type of player yes and they do the exact same with the rest of their students. Go walk on the campus of UNC, NC State, then go to Duke. You will notice a major difference. U arent coming to Duke just to play basketball, like so many other universities allow recurits to do. Duke first priority is for players to get their education.
Reading comprehension 1on1. I said two wrongs don't make a right - meaning what Jalen now as a mature adult said about Grant Hill being a "Uncle Toms" wasn't right. It was honest and it worked for structure of the documentary, by taking us back to their mindset in those early youthful college years. He also did elaborated on the fact that he simply used it as motivation, and was jealous and wasn't mad at Hill at all. Grant Hill then coming the day to chew on his own horn about what Jalen thought as a youngster wasn't right at all either. These two guys still showed their immaturity by not being able to speak each other over the phone. Instead bring a new generation act, twitter like move.

I have nothing against Hill coming from a wealthy family and going to Duke. There are cultural differences, though, that come to play when you aren't liked or welcomed. In this case inner-city cats weren't welcomed unless they were bought up in a wholesome family. Is it Jalen's fault that his family couldn't afford him to go a high class school? Is it his fault that his father was a dead beat?

So, next time don't try to insult me with that youtube video. You show your homerism. While i come from a non-bias perceptive.

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #91
remy 
space
space
space
$265 | Props total: 0 0
ESPN are such hypocrites Howard Bryant still works for the and he beat the sh*t out of his wife..But he is crying racism so ESPN scared to let him go but fire Jalen over this #Losing
 7 years ago '10        #92
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,157 | Props total: 15699 15699
 TheBallDontLie said:
Reading comprehension 1on1. I said two wrongs don't make a right - meaning what Jalen now as a mature adult said about Grant Hill being a "Uncle Toms" wasn't right. It was honest and it worked for structure of the documentary, by taking us back to their mindset in those early youthful college years. He also did elaborated on the fact that he simply used it as motivation, and was jealous and wasn't mad at Hill at all. Grant Hill then coming the day to chew on his own horn about what Jalen thought as a youngster wasn't right at all either. These two guys still showed their immaturity by not being able to speak each other over the phone. Instead bring a new generation act, twitter like move.

I have nothing against Hill coming from a wealthy family and going to Duke. There are cultural differences, though, that come to play when you aren't liked or welcomed. In this case inner-city cats weren't welcomed unless they were bought up in a wholesome family. Is it Jalen's fault that his family couldn't afford him to go a high class school? Is it his fault that his father was a dead beat?

So, next time don't try to insult me with that youtube video. You show your homerism. While i come from a non-bias perceptive.

clearly u didnt see the highlighted part i was refering to
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
15 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy