NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA BIG BALLER BRAND JUST SHUT DOWN NYC TODAY :mjomfg:
13 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-08-2013, 07:48 PM         #621
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Randeezle said:
Cancelled my order and submitted one for the Corsair H100. Wasn't sure if my ram would clear and did not want to have to go spend more money on low profile sticks.
If the fans hook up anything like the Noctua I have then you could have just raised the fans up a few fins. Good luck with that Corsair H100. I had 2 of them...that failed on me. Let us know how those Corsair fans work. Dude on YouTube JayzTwoCents has like 12 of them and his case is silent as fu*k. Ofcourse remember to have them pointing in the right direction You'll easily hit 4.5-4.8Ghz with that. If you don't like the temps you can always look into "De-lidding" your 3770k.
 4 years ago '04        #622
Randeezle 
space
space
$2,349 | Props total: 834 834
Cool JayzTwoCents is a really useful channel, I usually use LinusTechTips but he is really good.

I spent some time last night looking at my case, and here is an idea I came up with for fan setup.

[pic - click to view]

The two stock fans up top will fit and be hidden under the meshed cover for the HAF XM. I would have to pull out the 200mm fan that is already there though...

The side panel will hold two 140mm fans and I would use those as intakes along with the 200mm fan up front. I'm wondering if that is an acceptable configuration.

I really hope by now corsair has worked out the kinks in the H100. I really wanted the Silver Arrow but was afraid it would not fit and I'd have to deal with returning/selling an opened package.
 11-09-2013, 01:12 PM         #623
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You should good with that setup. Not sure if putting the stock fans on top of the radiator will be good idea since those new fans you just picked up have a great static pressure rating. Top fans might be counter productive. Could always use those 120mm on the HDD Cage since your case supports that.
 4 years ago '04        #624
Randeezle 
space
space

Ordered the H110 by mistake, now I gotta get creative with these SP120s.

Got home late but did manage to install that whopper rad and pump a.ssembly. I guess this is a blessing since I was lightweight shook about people's H100 horror stories.

I'm either going to run the 120s stacked vertically next to the HDD cage, or one behind the other shown in the illustration.

[pic - click to view]

After this, last thing I'll do is get some extension wires for my 8 & 24 pin connectors in all black. Then I'm chillin until an opportunity comes to get a 2nd GTX 770, although that new AMD joint is callin' me.

Last edited by Randeezle; 11-10-2013 at 06:17 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #625
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
hate them corsair closed loop coolers, had 3 die on me in a row. nearly fried my i7
 4 years ago '04        #626
Randeezle 
space
space
Its only been a day, but so far so good hopefully the 110 holds its own. I hear the Hydro series pumps are made by two different manufacturers. The Round ones are made by Asetek, and the square ones are made by coolIT.

Fans are being delivered today, once installed I'll put up pics and get feedback on which HDD cage layout you prefer.

I'm in no rush but eventually I'm going to throw some noctua 140mm fans on top of the radiator since they have good static pressure and are quieter.

Last edited by Randeezle; 11-11-2013 at 06:31 PM..
 11-11-2013, 01:44 PM         #627
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 +HydrO+ said:
hate them corsair closed loop coolers, had 3 die on me in a row. nearly fried my i7
2 for me. Thank goodness my mobo has an overheating turn off feature.
 4 years ago '04        #628
Randeezle 
space
space
Ended up pulling the front 200mm out and replacing it with the two SP120s. Took that front fan and put it on the side panel and installed the 140mm in the rear for exhaust.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #629
Randeezle 
space
space
Next up, some quick cable work and a thorough dusting.

[pic - click to view]

11-12-2013, 07:41 PM         #630
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How those fans?
 4 years ago '04        #631
Randeezle 
space
space
The fans are doing well I guess, I haven't measured the air flow but I'd imagine with them up front and a 200mm on the side it's an improvement on the previous setup.

My research is leading me to believe a push/pull setup isn't necessary on the 110 so aside from replacing the stock Corsair fans with Noctua 140mm I'm gonna just leave it as is.

I'm currently overclocked to 4140mhz and after running prime 95 for 30min or so I came with these peak temps.

Core 1:52
Core 2:55
Core 3:51
Core 4:56

I'll probably give it a coo hour or so to really try and heat it up.
 11-12-2013, 09:48 PM         #632
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Randeezle said:
The fans are doing well I guess, I haven't measured the air flow but I'd imagine with them up front and a 200mm on the side it's an improvement on the previous setup.

My research is leading me to believe a push/pull setup isn't necessary on the 110 so aside from replacing the stock Corsair fans with Noctua 140mm I'm gonna just leave it as is.

I'm currently overclocked to 4140mhz and after running prime 95 for 30min or so I came with these peak temps.

Core 1:52
Core 2:55
Core 3:51
Core 4:56

I'll probably give it a coo hour or so to really try and heat it up.
More than likely won't get any hotter than that. You have plenty of headroom temp wise. If I remember 80* is the max you'd want to go.
 4 years ago '04        #633
Randeezle 
space
space
Good to know Dark.

Just ran a stress test @ 4500.12MHz using Aida65 and the highest recorded temp was 69*.
This is a good speed I think I'll stay right here where it's stable.
 11-14-2013, 07:03 AM         #634
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not too shabby
 11-14-2013, 07:16 AM         #635
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Check this out, maybe you could get some more out of it

If you looking into "de-lidding" you could drop those temps a lot.

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #636
Randeezle 
space
space
Seems easy enough, but I think my temps are normal enough to pass on that procedure. Now if they were out of wack I wouldn't hesitate to do it, but I'm good... 2 weeks ago I wasn't even thinking about overclocking.

The next thing I have been peeping for the last couple days is running a R9 290X with a waterblock. The downsides (as I'm sure you're aware) of the 290x is the heat and noise. Waterblock will eliminate both issues and we can really see some potential out of it.

On the other hand, the cost of the 290x + waterblock + extra watercooling merch would surpass the cost of the 780ti.
 4 years ago '04        #637
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
been hearing some normal 290 can be flashed to a 290x. could be a way to save some $$$$.
 11-17-2013, 07:49 PM         #638
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 +HydrO+ said:
been hearing some normal 290 can be flashed to a 290x. could be a way to save some $$$$.
That's interesting. The 290 is only ~3% slower than the 290x so I don't see the need to even drop X amount of dollars more for it to begin with.
 4 years ago '12        #639
Fresh.E 65 heat pts65
space
space
$17,462 | Props total: 4678 4678
I've asked this awhile back, but can't remember so what's a good price for a pc setup to play games and MMOs and sports that have pretty good graphics?
 4 years ago '04        #640
Randeezle 
space
space
 SanFranLost said:
I've asked this awhile back, but can't remember so what's a good price for a pc setup to play games and MMOs and sports that have pretty good graphics?
In my experience, I bought a gaming PC in early 2013 for around $1400. But I bought everything at Fry's so you already know they charge retail as hell for everything.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
83 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
38 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
127 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
90 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy