Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
37 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
217 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
155 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #561
latin_linx 349 heat pts349
space
space
$9,771 | Props total: 311 311
After 2 years of my current build Sabertooth P67, i7 2600k, 12GB ram EVGA GTX580 3GB. I already upgraded the card to a MSI GTX 670 2GB Power Edition. Just bought a XFX PSU 850 watt for $145 off Newegg for when I go SLI on my new build.
For the case I'm going with a Cooler Master Storm Stryker Full tower

[pic - click to view]

My only question I got for you guys should I wait it out for the new Intel Haswell CPU and DDR4 ram or just get the Ivy Bridge now?
 03-10-2013, 10:12 PM         #562
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
According to news DDR4 RAM won't be available till the end of the year so just get your DDR3 8GB 1600MHz RAM now. Go for the Ivy Bridge as well.

IF you have a Microcenter by you you can always take advantage of their replacement plan. Basically if you get that IB now and you do decide to upgrade to Haswell later you can always return the IB, say that it isn't working properly and you'll like to just upgrade to the Haswell. I think all you'll do is just pay the difference.
 5 years ago '04        #563
space
space
I got a replacement plan on my sandy bridge that I just remember about and got them to email it to me. I'm going to do that and ask for a upgrade to Ivy bridge. Also got one for the motherboard I hope they don't ask for the original box cause I don't have it any more
 03-13-2013, 08:00 PM         #564
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Got done installing
  • G.Skill Sniper 2133 16GB Ram Kit
  • Beastly Noctua DH-14 CPU Cooler. I knew it would be big but sh*t, the thing is nearly 3x the size of my old CPU.
  • 3 200mm Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 Case Fans

Why did I install the Noctua and new fans....I wanted to reduce the noise. Before hand it wasn't crazy loud but I figured I could make it a little quieter. Mission Accomplished. Just need to replace the bottom and exhause fans now. Probably go Noctua with those.
 5 years ago '04        #565
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
 DarkSidesHero said:
Got done installing
  • G.Skill Sniper 2133 16GB Ram Kit
  • Beastly Noctua DH-14 CPU Cooler. I knew it would be big but sh*t, the thing is nearly 3x the size of my old CPU.
  • 3 200mm Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 Case Fans

Why did I install the Noctua and new fans....I wanted to reduce the noise. Before hand it wasn't crazy loud but I figured I could make it a little quieter. Mission Accomplished. Just need to replace the bottom and exhause fans now. Probably go Noctua with those.
DH-14 = the best cooler out, sh*ts flames.
 03-15-2013, 07:07 PM         #566
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yea man, surprisingly with it's 2 fans it's quieter than my single Zalman fan cooler. Been trying to get my PC to run stable since putting in the new RAM. It's been randomly blue screening on me. I just put the BIOS settings back to stock, entered the RAM speed, timing & voltage settings, CPU is back at 4Ghz stock speed. Been running good so far for the past half hour.
 5 years ago '04        #567
space
space
I'm doing a new build got a 8350 bought it at Micro Center for $169.99, ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX which I bought off NewEgg cause my local Micro Center don't have any 990FX boards in stock. I bought the Cooler Master V6 GT for $50 and a Sandisk Extreme SSD off Amazon also bought Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB DDR3-1866. The sales guy didn't want to price match the cpu cooler and ssd so had no choice and bought it off Amazon. I could have got a manger to price match but that will be another 10-20 mins that I had to waste in that store If I did that.
 03-17-2013, 11:37 PM         #568
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Formula Z nice. Crosshair V here.
 5 years ago '04        #569
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228 OP
space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
Yo ive been having the weirdest fu*kin bug... I've come to the conclusion that its my motherboard...

So basically, every once in a while, my sound completely cuts out... I hear like this static sound, then the sound cuts out... I thought it was my soundcard, but after 3 different soundcards, ive only come to conclude that its my mobo... Im thinking its a glitch in either the north or southbridge... fu*kin annoying, only way to fix it is to restart the comp... I dont feel like getting a new mobo tbh either
 03-21-2013, 07:13 PM         #570
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You try putting the card in another slot?
 5 years ago '04        #571
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228 OP
space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
 DarkSidesHero said:
You try putting the card in another slot?
Yeah it doesnt make a difference... Someone said it might be my ram...
 03-25-2013, 02:23 PM         #572
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Interesting.

It happens if you use the onboard sound too?
 03-29-2013, 08:41 PM         #573
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sup yall, just copped all the parts for my first ever build, but was nervous about the a.ssembling process
ive watched a few tutorials, including the newegg one, on a.ssmebling into a case, and while im now fairly familiar with how to mount in most stuff, the process of plugging everyting into each other looks daunting, as well as cable management
any good tips or more tutorials i could read/watch for that aspect, and just the entire a.ssmebly proccess in general? any help would be much appreciated
here are the specs on my build:
cpu: i5 3570k
gpu: msi gtx670 pe
mobo: asrock extreme 4
ram: cosair vengeance 8gb ddr3 or whatever its called
hdd: seagate barracuda 2tb
power supply: rosewill capstone 750w
optical: asus bluray drive
case: cooler master storm scout
 5 years ago '04        #574
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
 EMS the God said:
sup yall, just copped all the parts for my first ever build, but was nervous about the a.ssembling process
ive watched a few tutorials, including the newegg one, on a.ssmebling into a case, and while im now fairly familiar with how to mount in most stuff, the process of plugging everyting into each other looks daunting, as well as cable management
any good tips or more tutorials i could read/watch for that aspect, and just the entire a.ssmebly proccess in general? any help would be much appreciated
here are the specs on my build:
cpu: i5 3570k
gpu: msi gtx670 pe
mobo: asrock extreme 4
ram: cosair vengeance 8gb ddr3 or whatever its called
hdd: seagate barracuda 2tb
power supply: rosewill capstone 750w
optical: asus bluray drive
case: cooler master storm scout
try this

[video - click to view]

sh*t aint as hard as people make it out to be. just make sure u read the motherboard manual and know where all the cables suppose to go before u put the motherboard in the case. things can get pretty tight in there when u got all the sh*t installed.
 03-30-2013, 02:53 PM         #575
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
excellent, good looks
how much should i really be worried about static electricity etc?
ive taken apart my old towers to install sound cards and never had an issue, should i invest in one of those wrist bands(also weird question, but does me having long hair factor in at all?)
 03-30-2013, 06:16 PM         #576
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EMS the God said:
excellent, good looks
how much should i really be worried about static electricity etc?
ive taken apart my old towers to install sound cards and never had an issue, should i invest in one of those wrist bands(also weird question, but does me having long hair factor in at all?)
If you want to be super duper safe then sure. I've never worn one. Only time I do is while I'm at work. Hair length isn't an issue either. High percentage of workers in the electronics field are women.
 5 years ago '10        #577
lse4 25 heat pts25
space
space
$877 | Props total: 160 160
Looking to buy another internal hard drive possibly a 2TB or more. any good deals going around for a good hard drive anyone knows?
 5 years ago '04        #578
space
space
 lse4 said:
Looking to buy another internal hard drive possibly a 2TB or more. any good deals going around for a good hard drive anyone knows?
Toshiba 2TB $90 at Micro Center

Seagate 2TB for $100 at Amazon and Micro Center
 5 years ago '04        #579
space
space
I'm running my AMD 8350 at 4.5 oc and still running good at idle temp of 30c. and the most it hits gaming is 44c. This my first AMD CPU as I always bought Intel and I wanted to try something new for pc gaming and this a really great CPU for gaming.
 04-05-2013, 07:38 PM         #580
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 latin_linx said:
I'm running my AMD 8350 at 4.5 oc and still running good at idle temp of 30c. and the most it hits gaming is 44c. This my first AMD CPU as I always bought Intel and I wanted to try something new for pc gaming and this a really great CPU for gaming.
I need to figure out how to get mine back to 4.5. I suck at Overclocking . I got 2133 RAM and the PC would randomly crash. Went back to stock 4.0 and it's butter since then.

lse4 said:
Nah. Haven't gotten any good deal emails from TD or NE in awhile
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
77 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
72 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy