Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
202 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-23-2012, 12:59 AM         #521
Kuchiki_Byakuya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
FU*K, there's a very fundamental problem I ignored.

The i5's come with IGP, but if I need to install a discrete GPU, how do I toggle between the two?
 5 years ago '08        #522
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,104 | Props total: 23319 23319
I was livin dat ivy bridge life(3570k) for all of 7 days when that BSOD 124 ethered my a.ss back to my Phenom II x4 955 yesterday afternoon. Turns out one of the socket pins on my motherboard was already bent when amazon shipped it

I'll be back tho, shipping the board back later today

Last edited by Arson; 10-23-2012 at 01:49 AM..
 10-23-2012, 11:38 AM         #523
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kuchiki_Byakuya said:

The i5's come with IGP, but if I need to install a discrete GPU, how do I toggle between the two?
If im not mistaken they might work together...not too sure.

So i might go to intel. What should i go for to upgrade from my 8150..
 5 years ago '10        #524
lse4 25 heat pts25
space
space
$877 | Props total: 160 160
 +HydrO+ said:
he should keep his oc if he did it the right way. By doing it through the bios. I would never oc with just software.
Idk how they oc my gaming rig I bought it pre built.... And my Internet has always been like that since I got it ( going on 2 months)
 5 years ago '07        #525
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
 Kuchiki_Byakuya said:

Check out what your mobo can do. Some can do both on its own.
 10-23-2012, 05:05 PM         #526
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kuchiki_Byakuya said:

Why didn't you just go with the 3570k? I don't think that 3450 comes unlocked!
 10-23-2012, 06:23 PM         #527
Kuchiki_Byakuya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t YEAH! Booted + POST'ed from a first-time boot!!!!

MONEY TEAM MOTHERfu*kERS!
 10-23-2012, 10:58 PM         #528
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh nice nice. post pics and benchmarks asap
 10-26-2012, 04:04 AM         #529
Kuchiki_Byakuya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DarkSidesHero said:
oh nice nice. post pics and benchmarks asap
Here's your fu*king pics; took an ETERNITY to upload (right click to see larger version of pics)

[pic - click to view]

^preliminary sh*t, about 20% of the way into hardware a.ssembly

[pic - click to view]

^first boot, with cables all hanging out like a disemboweled motherfu*ker's guts all hanging out and sh*t

[pic - click to view]

^cable management is apparently a success. fu*k my life.

[pic - click to view]

^all the parts that I used; decided against the 690 at the last second and went with a 7950 instead, since i just couldn't justify the 690's absolutely HORRENDOUS price-to-performance ratio, more on that later on in the post

[pic - click to view]

^the finished product; the note is supposed to say "BX_somalia" minus the quotation marks, but my camera's flash exposure is not cooperating, and i don't give enough of a fu*k about you motherfu*kers to turn it down

Anyway, so about that performance-per-dollar ratio I was talking about earlier, from the outset I decided to do a SFF build, so the choice was between an MATX or an MITX case. Now I also knew I was never going to Xfire/SLI because of microstuttering and because of the limited space available in the case making heat an issue, so I HAD to choose a relatively powerful card, since upgrade was now out of the window.

That didn't leave me with a lot of options. Essentially anything less than a 660ti/7870 was out of the question. I had originally planned to go for broke and grab either a 690 or a 7990, mostly leaning towards the former because of the latter's horrible driver support and availability, but upon further calculation, the price-to-performance ratio just wasn't good enough. Since AMD and Nvidia's cards traded blows in benchmarks at their respective class levels (that is, 7970 to 680 and 7950 to 670), we also had no clear winner this generation. I did slightly favor AMD cards though, if only for their monstrous VRAM (3GB is A LOT).

During my research, and this was all last-minute stuff, I discovered that the 7950 can be overclocked to within 5-7% of 7970's performance. I could get the 7950 for approximately 97000 Somali shillings cheaper than the cheapest 7970 I could find, which is about $60 USD for you uninitiated dumb fu*ks (just kidding, y'all know I LOVE you n*ggas), and it became clear that the 7950 was just a deal I could NOT pass up. I was good on the 7870 and 660ti; they were just too underpowered for my needs (more like wants but fu*k you).

DO keep in mind though, at the time of writing, the 7870 is KING in terms of its value.

Seeing as how the 7950 underwent a performance boost courtesy of the beta drivers AMD put out on the 24th, and was cheaper than any 670 I could find this side of the Atlantic, it was just a no-brainer for me.

Benchmarks are to come. I promise.
 10-28-2012, 08:37 AM         #530
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I take it that you didnt take advantage of the special AMD was having? Buy a vid card and get 3-4 games free
 10-28-2012, 04:04 PM         #531
Kuchiki_Byakuya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't give a sh*t about PC gaming. I do most of my gaming on my 360 anyway, so the AMD special meant absolutely NOTHING to me.
 10-29-2012, 10:29 PM         #532
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well okay then
 5 years ago '04        #533
- JaEdEe24 - 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,397 | Props total: 16 16
Yeah I dun really fu*ks with the pc games... See yall in black ops
 5 years ago '04        #534
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
My sh*t

10-30-2012, 06:06 PM         #535
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Running SLI?
 5 years ago '04        #536
+HydrO+ 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,510 | Props total: 30 30
yeah, got a second 670 for cheap
 11-03-2012, 02:12 PM         #537
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nice dude. I tried running that benchmark and the damn thing froze up at the CPU test with the falling buildings Only the program froze up though not my whole PC which I found weird.

I decided to finally upgrade my storage to SSD. My trip to Starbucks turned into me going into Best Buy. As I'm writing this post I realize I'm an idiot for not waiting till Black Friday for sales All good though. I needed it since I'm experiencing some stuttering on my gaming videos. This should definitely help.
 5 years ago '05        #538
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1403 1403
good sh*t yal
 11-08-2012, 04:20 PM         #539
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Soooo Phro upgrade that PC yet or what man?
 11-08-2012, 06:09 PM         #540
Kuchiki_Byakuya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DarkSidesHero said:
Soooo Phro upgrade that PC yet or what man?
I nominate you as the new mod since DIO is just becoming more and more incompetent on the daily.

I mean, you're clearly the one poster than has been consistently contributing the most to the BX Gamespot. Every post from you has been coherent, rational, and thoughtful. Can't say that about many other poster here, and certainly not about that joke of a mod.

Not only have you dedicated all this time helping your fellow posters, but you also are the first to bring tech news (and I mean REAL tech news, not bullsh*t like whatever new trailer for some obscure D-lister game nobody gives a fu*k about on the Wii U) to this board.

So why hasn't Ronnie replaced DIO with you yet?
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
137 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
55 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy