Check out my rig

most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
164 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
24 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #261
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1403 1403
 Kuchiki_Byakuya said:
Shid n*gga I'm STILL waiting for the i7-960 prices to drop and it ain't never happened and it's been like 3 years now.

Good luck with that Sandy Bridge price drop.
intel with the bi*chassness...they'll prolly wait until the 960 is pretty useless to drop the price

if i lived in one of the states where theres a micro center,mad sh*t would be copped
 6 years ago '04        #262
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228 OP
space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
U guys haven't heard? Amd said they are done competing with Intel, said they're focusing on mobile now... Search for it the article came out a day or two ago...

U know what that means? Intel isn't getting ANY cheaper, if anything prices will go up and innovation will go down since there isn't any competition anymore...

6 years ago '05        #263
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
if thats true then amd fu*ked it all up....intel will get too happy with the prices on future products
 6 years ago '04        #264
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,674 | Props total: 6811 6811
^ha...

AMD has been f!ghting a battle for processor supremacy with Intel for years, but it seems to be realizing it needs to compete with Qualcomm and Nvidia instead. In a San Jose Mercury News profile, AMD spokesman Mike Silverman said, "we will all need to let go of the old 'AMD versus Intel' mindset, because it won't be about that anymore." And all that effort spent going after Intel instead of developing a mobile strategy hasn't gotten AMD very far: its marketshare in PC microprocessors sits at about 19 percent, down from 23 percent in 2006, its new Bulldozer chips launched to disappointing reviews, and the company cut 1,400 jobs a few weeks ago. Intel may be able to focus on the PC microprocessor due to its marketshare and continued record earnings, but the industry is clearly shifting to mobile — even the next version of Windows will run on ARM processors.

AMD appears to be finally coming around to that mindset; the company's lack of focus on mobile was reportedly a major factor in the dismissal of CEO Dirk Meyer in January. It's easy to imagine a new strategy for AMD that looks a lot like what Nvidia did after deciding not to f!ght Intel anymore: pairing ARM-based processors with ATI graphics to produce a system-on-a-chip alternative to Qualcomm, Samsung, Nvidia, and Texas Instruments' ARM-based offerings. While AMD deemphasizing the x86 market would be a major shift and entering the now-booming mobile space won't be any easier, at least there's a real opportunity there. AMD's promised a February strategy update; we'll see what the chipmaker has up its sleeve.
 12-01-2011, 09:39 PM         #265
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-----------------
 6 years ago '08        #266
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
damn that means intel prices will always be high or higher.
 12-03-2011, 07:45 AM         #267
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yea it def fu*ks the consumers up for sure. I read that AMD isn't totally forgetting about x86 though. Interpret that however you want to.

If the price points for these new ATI cards are good I might have to make the switch to Gen-3...
 12-03-2011, 07:46 AM         #268
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yea it def fu*ks the consumers up for sure. I read that AMD isn't totally forgetting about x86 though. Interpret that however you want to.

If the price points for these new ATI cards are good I might have to make the switch to Gen-3...
 6 years ago '05        #269
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
dark,the 8150 handles multitasting well?
 12-03-2011, 01:39 PM         #270
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I've had zero problems with it. Runs everything great. Not bottle necking my 6990. Was playing BF3 while running Folding@Home in the background no prob. Also had it running @ 4.8 on air. I still haven't put in the H100 I see Gen-3 boards for Intels but I guess nothing going to come for AMDs?

Last edited by DarkSidesHero; 12-03-2011 at 01:53 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #271
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
you afraid to put the h100 back in? so compared to your old 1055 or something is it a great inprovement with the multi tasking?would you know if it was really bottle necking your 6990 though if you havent tried it with something better...

maybe amd wants to surprise everybody in 2012
 12-04-2011, 06:04 PM         #272
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I've just been real lazy. Since I didn't go to my car club meet today I've been running benchmarks (3d Mark (basic version)& Heaven DX11 2.5 (maxed out settings)) three times along with Prime95 for half an hour. Just got done with the stock setting 3.6Ghz tests. I'll post the averages of each test @ different speeds later. So far the temp of the CPU hit 45* max (on air) which gives me a lot of room since AMD said the BD can go upto 60*.

As compared to the 1055 I just have to say that I'm one of those people that if I don't see a huge change in performance I'm not going to bother saying this this and this works better. Same thing going with my car I do know that the 1055 was a bottleneck for my GPU because Russ mentioned that and I've seen other people with the same CPU and posters saying that it's bottlenecking the GPU. I recently found out that you can run MSI Afterburner and have it overlay your FPS, CPU/GPU Temps and CPU/GPU usage %. I've been above 60fps and using 80%+ of the GPU (both CPU & GPU @ stock). I don't have any numbers for the 1055t though.

AMD shouldn't give up on the Bulldozer. People have posted that it's a CPU with a bunch of good ideas crammed into but wasn't executed properly. So I'd think if they sat down and fixed the bugs they would have a better processor. Now here's one thing that I've found out that none of us here has ever mentioned or noticed with the reviews of the 8150. ALL reviewers were given the same reviewing kit which was the 8150 & ASUS Crosshair V. Every reviewer except a few used this kit to do all their benchmarks and we know the outcome of that. The other reviewers that decided to use a different mobo, I believe MSi, actually had BETTER results with the 8150 which placed the 8150 right where AMD wanted it to be which was in between the 2500k & 2600k. Of course this news is over shadowed by all the negative reviews though. I'll look for the posts about this in a bit.

Okay here's the post I found on Tomshardware talking about the mobo's

Hi Guys,

I have stumbled upon something rather strange. Like any other builder I had been waiting for the FX with bated breath. It has been a disappointment and all sites across the net have thrashed it. Let me summarize some of the obvious pitfalls detailed on Toms, Anands, X bit etc.

1. Performs lower than the 2500k.
2. Power consumption is high.
3. Single core performance is dismal. Worse than even the 1100T in some cases!!!!
4. Gaming performance is downright bad.

I am from an engineering background(electronics) and have an additional finance background as well(MBA finance). I know how companies work and the pricing made no sense to me in any scenario. Let me summarize again.

1. Why Had AMD prices something so high when it knows it will not perform from day 1?
2. Whats the point of making a sure shot loss from day 1?
3. Why is the gaming performance so dismal? Wasn't ultra high resolution gaming its USP?
4. Where is the overclocking? 4.5ish GHz???? That's it???!!!!!!!!
5. Was there any testing done? Even a simple die shrink would have improved heating and efficiency.

So I wanted to have a further look. This was a mystery that needed looking into. I also noticed something else. All the testing on all the sites has been done on this kit. Link below.

Now, all big sites have been given this kit including Toms. It makes sense because I am guessing Asus has an agreement with AMD to make its mother boards the "official" ones for testing. Also all these sites have used a 580 GTX quoting minimal graphics bottleneck. I agree its a sound rationale.

I confirmed at some other sites as well. The Asus + 580GTX has been used pretty much everywhere.

Its then that I went over to hardwareheaven and had a look. They have stayed away from the press kit and used an Asrock board. Here is the review link.

Now, Toms has come up with results exactly the same as all other sites that used the press kit. Lets have a look at some big changes on the benches.

Also, all sites except hardwareheaven has used a 580Gtx. Lets have a look at some gaming benches. That's what matters to us right?

3DMark 11

Win

Massive loss!!!!!

F1 2011

Win

Massive loss!!!!!

Also when I go through the whole hardware heaven review it gives it a good rating placing it close to the 2600K and above the 2500K. Which in turn is in line with their strategy. It does lose in some benches but is still very very close to the 2500K.

This is extremely strange. Please go through the site yourself.

So to conclude:
1. Can Toms and others please do a test with other 990 boards?
2. Can we please have a comparison with more AMD and Nvidia cards?
3. Who do we trust? Isn't a biased review completely anti against AMD from day 1?
4. Can some one else independently run benches with the 2500K, 2600K and 8150 using different cards and mother boards?
5. Is there a Nvidia Intel nexus to make sure 8150 looks bad? Was the BFBC3 patch doctored for more than just RAGE???( remember Hawx 2 tessellation)

Please post links here. And don't post links for other sites as there is a strong anti AMD bias/ vibe. I think we users need to take things in our own hands and check this out. Can some one use their own personal hardware and run benches?

I am not an AMD fan or a conspiracy nut. I use both builds and use Nvidia as well. So lets keep this discussion open and friendly. No trolling please.

And can the seniors moderators and testers at Toms please step in and explain? Can a new test be done?

Last edited by DarkSidesHero; 12-04-2011 at 06:22 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #273
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228 OP
space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
For stability you should always run prime for atleast 12 hours... crank up the clocks g

damn I feel like a proud parent fu*kin thread is 200+ posts in the deadest section on this bi*ch

Last edited by #RAPTORSWON; 12-04-2011 at 10:25 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #274
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,674 | Props total: 6811 6811
 Russ369 said:
damn I feel like a proud parent fu*kin thread is 200+ posts in the deadest section on this bi*ch

ha, we've pretty much moved the forum into this one thread
 12-05-2011, 07:39 AM         #275
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Russ369 said:
For stability you should always run prime for atleast 12 hours... crank up the clocks g

I don't feel like waiting 12 hours just to see its stable for a minor change.
 6 years ago '05        #276
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
 DarkSidesHero said:
I've just been real lazy. Since I didn't go to my car club meet today I've been running benchmarks (3d Mark (basic version)& Heaven DX11 2.5 (maxed out settings)) three times along with Prime95 for half an hour. Just got done with the stock setting 3.6Ghz tests. I'll post the averages of each test @ different speeds later. So far the temp of the CPU hit 45* max (on air) which gives me a lot of room since AMD said the BD can go upto 60*.

As compared to the 1055 I just have to say that I'm one of those people that if I don't see a huge change in performance I'm not going to bother saying this this and this works better. Same thing going with my car I do know that the 1055 was a bottleneck for my GPU because Russ mentioned that and I've seen other people with the same CPU and posters saying that it's bottlenecking the GPU. I recently found out that you can run MSI Afterburner and have it overlay your FPS, CPU/GPU Temps and CPU/GPU usage %. I've been above 60fps and using 80%+ of the GPU (both CPU & GPU @ stock). I don't have any numbers for the 1055t though.

AMD shouldn't give up on the Bulldozer. People have posted that it's a CPU with a bunch of good ideas crammed into but wasn't executed properly. So I'd think if they sat down and fixed the bugs they would have a better processor. Now here's one thing that I've found out that none of us here has ever mentioned or noticed with the reviews of the 8150. ALL reviewers were given the same reviewing kit which was the 8150 & ASUS Crosshair V. Every reviewer except a few used this kit to do all their benchmarks and we know the outcome of that. The other reviewers that decided to use a different mobo, I believe MSi, actually had BETTER results with the 8150 which placed the 8150 right where AMD wanted it to be which was in between the 2500k & 2600k. Of course this news is over shadowed by all the negative reviews though. I'll look for the posts about this in a bit.

Okay here's the post I found on Tomshardware talking about the mobo's
damn son,i always had a feeling there was something wrong....are u going to get an asrock board?

i agree i think they should continue instead of being highly discouraged by one result from asus boards..so now they should test the future chips on a few boards instead of just one...i was thinking they wouldve went with the amd A series apu route with the bulldozer
 12-05-2011, 03:41 PM         #277
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PhrozenMenace said:
damn son,i always had a feeling there was something wrong....are u going to get an asrock board?
i agree i think they should continue instead of being highly discouraged by one result from asus boards..so now they should test the future chips on a few boards instead of just one...i was thinking they wouldve went with the amd A series apu route with the bulldozer
Nah no plans to upgrade the mobo. All my focus is on my car now. Got my credit card down to -500 so its time for some car upgrades
 12-06-2011, 09:31 PM         #278
Kuchiki_Byakuya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So all bullsh*t aside, is Ivy Bridge worth waiting for or no?
 12-08-2011, 08:39 PM         #279
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eh well, with limited info on that who knows. Only good thing I've read is that you won't need a new mobo for it :)
 12-22-2011, 02:08 AM         #280
Kuchiki_Byakuya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You will if your MB isn't gen 3.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
14 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
53 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
105 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy