Asians and sports (not meant to be racist)

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
88 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
52 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 years ago '05        #121
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
But can he beat a black american though? :hmm:

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #122
Chuck Hustle 
space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 0 0
 A.O. said:
If Asians are behind Apple than your right, but Apple runs the world..

Anyway..

How the fu*k can you say they are not athletic when Ichiro is the fastest player in the MLB.. The problem is that asians dont look at sports as a career path, its just entertainment for them. For Blacks and Hispanics who dominate most sports like Football / Basketball and Baseball its a way to secure financial freedom..
I said athlete is NOT the first word that comes to mind when I hear Asian... Ichiro is dope, who you tellin?
 7 years ago '05        #123
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
 Bea5T said:
Over several years

Samoans have their own culture now. I have never met a Samoan that considers himself asian
they may have their own culture, but that has nothing to do with their Asian ancestry...

i don't consider myself African, but that slave ship dropped somebody in my family off a looooong time ago...

culture is not the same as ancestry...

Last edited by MysticKJ; 04-01-2011 at 10:49 PM..
 04-01-2011, 04:40 PM         #124
1angrypinoy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SyDuck said:
to address that...

... yes fobs are racist as fu*k

... my parents are racist as fu*k

lol... can you blame them when the american media villainizes blacks and latinos?

i was born here, and most people born here during this generation are different, we have access to the internet and our communities are more mixed, so we dont have the same views
LOL at blaming American media. Blacks villainize against themselves.

Just look at the Fab Five documentary. And Jimmy King is still bitter about Grant Hill to this day.

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #125
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
How come straight out of the jungle n*ggas from africa aint k!llin it in basketball or football? How come there aren't any top tier Jamaican athletes in "real" sports like basketball or football? Running aint a real sport! How come whites from europe aint dominating the nba? There's only a few of them that made it here. :rolleyes:

Threadstarter and anybody co-signing him are dumb as sh*t if they don't see that basketball and football are western sports so no sh*t, westerners are going to be over-represented.

Last edited by Rubix; 04-01-2011 at 05:01 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #126
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,067 | Props total: 30376 30376
 MY_name said:
Did I say f!ghting isn't a real sport? I said badminton and fu*king diving aren't real sports
badminton requires just as much running, and hand-eye coordination as baseball.

Let me see you climb up to that high a.ss platform... jump up, and do 3 and a half summersaults and a twist, and enter into the water with no splash.

You are just an idiot racist that needs to shut his mentally handicapped a.ss the f**k up
 7 years ago '05        #127
SyDuck 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,347 | Props total: 346 346
 1angrypinoy said:
LOL at blaming American media. Blacks villainize against themselves.
are you serious?

that is the most racist thing ive heard in this whole thread

no way... the media portrays minorities this way. your examples are all of american media reporting on black americans. you just gave an example of black NBA atheletes... its SO biased. how do Blacks villainize themselves??

do you have any black friends?

i do, i have many, and just because some sports players talk sh*t doesn't mean they represent the whole black community. fu*k, i talk hella sh*t on the courts and that doesn't mean i speak for the Vietnamese community... the way a specific group of people are doesn't reflect a whole culture.

refrain from posting racist things before you know what you're talking about... please. i was half joking, half serious... but your post was pretty offensive, even to me

can you tell me the last time you heard of White hate crimes in the news? Do you think that sh*t rarely happens? I been called a CHINK at my own college, and I got into a f!ght. Was that sh*t on the news? Racially/cultural based hate happens all the time between all cultures and nationalities, you just rarely hear about it in the media... Jews and Muslims? Blacks and Whites? same thing, all the commotion is between HUMAN BEINGS... the only difference is culture/creed. Yet, we usually hear only one side of the story, the side that our government sides with. Can you tell me why Jews and Muslims are f!ghting? Is it reasonable? Why did the American government become involved in the Vietnam War? It's because of religious ideals and economic beliefs, and the American people, not knowing the state of the country, fought for what they thought was just. The Vietnam War was an example of American beliefs being pressed upon another culture.

pnoi89 said:

But I will say this, discrimination cause of skin color's common EVERYWHERE, despite what everyone believes. And it's not solely because of American media, that's for sure .In the Philippines particularly, it's no coincidence that it's more accepting and seen as "higher" class-wise to be a lighter skin color.
I agree, but skin color isn't the same as ethnicity and culture. Being a dark Asian in Asia is not the same as being Black in America. I agree that some cultures think that tall noses, lighter skin is more attractive, but that has nothing to do with being a minority in American culture... you are taking it way out of context. It's not JUST physical features that distinguish a minority from a majority, it's ethnicity and socioeconomic status. Discrimination doesn't only come from physical features. Poor Americans, regardless of skin color are made out to be lazy and ignorant. Do you think Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian are THAT much smarter or capable than a farmer from the countryside? I don't think so, discrimination now a days is based on someone's culture and status.

We joke and generalize someones ethnicity and culture, but its all good because we know at the end of the day we're all people, and we're all capable of the same thing and its all dependent on cultural differences (of course theres always some exceptions)... "Black people are good at basketball, Asians are good at math"... but its all good because it's just generalizations and cultural differences... there is no human gene that codes for football, basketball ping pong or math.

Last edited by SyDuck; 04-03-2011 at 06:58 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #128
SyDuck 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,347 | Props total: 346 346
 MysticKJ said:
they may have their own culture, but that has nothing to do with their Asian ancestry...

i don't consider myself African, but that slave ship dropped somebody in my family off a looooong time ago...

culture is not the same as ancestry...
yupp... I agree. school these ignorant a.ss people.
 04-03-2011, 11:01 AM         #129
Jayborne23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's hilarious to me how Asian has come to mean people of Eastern Asian descent.

Also, this thread went about as bad as I would expect from a hip hop board. Well at least this one.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
153 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
50 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
96 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy