Asians and sports (not meant to be racist)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #81
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,291 | Props total: 4707 4707
 FLAfynestshawti said:
i agree this thread is very ignorant... on more than one level and that has pretty much been stated multiple times

but come on!! i cringe when i turn on the olympics and i see this...

worldwide recognition for being good at ping pong is absurd
Sports are sports. I guess people have strict criteria when defining what a sport is...
 04-01-2011, 08:55 AM         #82
FLAfynestshawti  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pnoi89 said:
Sports are sports. I guess people have strict criteria when defining what a sport is...
true... very true. some people believe that because golf can be played by nonathletic people that it is not a sport... which i do not agree with at all

so i guess in a way i'm being a hypocrite by doing the same thing in regards to ping pong... its a matter of perception, everyone has an opinion

i just have a hard time accepting the fact that these people can get a gold medal in the olympics in a "sport" that a 9 year old kid at your nearest boys & girls club could master in all of one summer at summer camp
 7 years ago '06        #83
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
 Thee Yung Star said:
they are further evolved humans than the rest of us [by evolved i mean they are farther away from the ape]

smaller, look similar [not racist, just stating], very good with numbers/technology ... they are the future.
Ignorant comment!

It's hard to press forward with an activity when you don't see anyone who looks like you succeeding at it. I dont see many black swimmers, pilots and concert pianist. Then again you see more blacks in board rooms, as lawers, doctors and educators. As time goes on, you will see more in different sports just as you see in other cultures.

Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier 1947. If you back 50 years, in some sports, there has been very little change. Fifty years ago, for there were no Black coaches in the Football League. And 50 years later there are only two--Dennis Green in Minnesota and Ray Rhodes in Philadelphia. Major League Baseball only has three Black managers. But the NBA's record has been much better, as the league currently has five Black head coaches and seven Black general managers.

Every time there is an opening for a head coach, you hear about people who are on "the short list of potential coaches. Tony Dunge, defensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings, has been on that list for about 10 years. Several White coaches, who have far less expertise and experience than Dungy, have head coaching jobs. And the name Of Tony Dungy is still on that "short list. In 50 years, African-Americans have gone from no coaches in football to two coaches to a "short list."

but you can't see how slow change is huh? If you said ti was a culture thing and there isnt much exposure i could take that, but you didn't . Give it time though. Hines Ward is starting a program in China to teach people football. and there will be more stuff like this to come as the world becomes smaller.
 7 years ago '05        #84
Chuck Hustle 
space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 0 0
 nsane9 said:
my boy scott fujita play in the NFL and hes japanese.. and that safety on ravens is the second
Fujita is adopted, he's white though... Hines Ward is half Korean, Dat Nguyen used to play LB for Dallas(he was was whack though)....

Suka Repellent said:
Best Boxer in the World, One of the best Golfers in the world is half
Floyd Mayweather is Asian? Well i'll be damned
 7 years ago '10        #85
#JewLife 111 heat pts111
space
space
$17,764 | Props total: 7325 7325
 ClevelandRay said:
Ignorant comment!

It's hard to press forward with an activity when you don't see anyone who looks like you succeeding at it. I dont see many black swimmers, pilots and concert pianist. Then again you see more blacks in board rooms, as lawers, doctors and educators. As time goes on, you will see more in different sports just as you see in other cultures.

Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier 1947. If you back 50 years, in some sports, there has been very little change. Fifty years ago, for there were no Black coaches in the Football League. And 50 years later there are only two--Dennis Green in Minnesota and Ray Rhodes in Philadelphia. Major League Baseball only has three Black managers. But the NBA's record has been much better, as the league currently has five Black head coaches and seven Black general managers.

Every time there is an opening for a head coach, you hear about people who are on "the short list of potential coaches. Tony Dunge, defensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings, has been on that list for about 10 years. Several White coaches, who have far less expertise and experience than Dungy, have head coaching jobs. And the name Of Tony Dungy is still on that "short list. In 50 years, African-Americans have gone from no coaches in football to two coaches to a "short list."

but you can't see how slow change is huh? If you said ti was a culture thing and there isnt much exposure i could take that, but you didn't . Give it time though. Hines Ward is starting a program in China to teach people football. and there will be more stuff like this to come as the world becomes smaller.

The hell are you talking about? You made it seem like I said they are incapable of doing something. All I said is they are further away from the ape than we are. Most (if not all) asians you meet are short, have small brown eyes and black hair. It's not a bad thing at all - I'm fascinated by it. No reason for you to bring up Jackie Robinson & Tony Dungie lol.
 7 years ago '05        #86
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
How are u that stupid to realize that asians from ASIA don't excel at football or basketball because those are WESTERN sports. It's a cultural thing. How about looking at sports that transcend cultures like hrmm, I don't know, the ones in the olympics? Last I checked china did pretty well in them.
 7 years ago '07        #87
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]

[pic - click to view]

Truth hurts

Asians lost
 04-01-2011, 01:35 PM         #88
Flacco Da Gawd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 legendisdope said:
who cares bout sports, what bout real life? go worry bout ur own people, u praisin these black ball players like they givin back to people makin their lives better, they may do charity n sh*t but its nothin to support ur people like dat.. u guys lookin dumb tryna be superior in sports when its only some of yall makin it, while the rest of u n*ggas r broke a.ss bums with hella kids, HIVs, collectin welfare checks and sittin on the internet talkn sh*t tryna become a rapper thru myspace n sh*t.

check your own sh*t, dnt worry bout what another race does, im sure they have their own leagues ect for people that play ball in their countries, and i think the OP ever heard of culture, i guess bein wild and runnin all day and sh*t is part of your culture i guess.
lol... who is praising black athletes? why are you talking about charity?

And I've probably lived in more countries than states you've visited.. if that makes sense.. so throw that culture sh*t out the window... I know a good amount of Dutch, German, Spanish, and Norwegian (languages.. and people) so... get outta here
 7 years ago '06        #89
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
Ichiro - Asian

Tiger Woods - Part Asian

Yao Ming - Asian

Manny Pacquiao - Asian

Sony - Asian

Your Cellphone - Asian

Your Tv - Asian

Your Fat Girlfriend's fav food - Asian

That sh*tty Toyota your poor a.ss saved all your money to save gas on - Asian

Your computer you create awful BX threads on - Asian

The woman that had Russell Simmons crawling on his knees for - Asian

White boy's fantasy - Asian

Wu-Tang are Stans of - Asian

Tighest p*ss in the World - Asian

Kevin Garnett's Shoe - Asian

Lakers fan's if they aren't Mexican - Asian

You Threadstarter - Idiot.

Last edited by Soraci7; 04-01-2011 at 01:41 PM..
 04-01-2011, 01:38 PM         #90
Flacco Da Gawd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I would hope Chinese people could excel at some Olympic sports.. they do have a third of the worlds population... but only two of them made it to the NBA
 04-01-2011, 01:42 PM         #91
Flacco Da Gawd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KSoraci7 said:
Ichiro - Asian

Tiger Woods - Part Asian

Yao Ming - Asian

Manny Pacquiao - Asian

Sony - Asian

Your Cellphone - Asian

Your Tv - Asian

Your Fat Girlfriend's fav food - Asian

That sh*tty Kia your poor a.ss saved all your money for to save gas on - Asian

Your computer you create awful BX threads on - Asian

The woman that had Russell Simmons crawling on his knees for - Asian

White boy's fantasy - Asian

Wu-Tang are Stans of - Asian

Tighest p*ss in the World - Asian

Kevin Garnett's Shoe - Asian

Lakers fan's if they aren't Mexican - Asian

You Threadstarter - Idiot.
So... out of all that you could only come up with three people in sports.. I rest my case
 7 years ago '04        #92
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
Threadstarter ain't Black, unless he's over 60 years old...I've never called myself "Negro" and never heard anyone else refer to themselves as "I'm a negro"

White dude race bating...keep it moving
 7 years ago '04        #93
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,911 | Props total: 620 620
the ignorance on this site never ceases to amaze me. fu*kin. wow.
 04-01-2011, 01:47 PM         #94
Flacco Da Gawd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMagicMan said:
Threadstarter ain't Black, unless he's over 60 years old...I've never called myself "Negro" and never heard anyone else refer to themselves as "I'm a negro"

White dude race bating...keep it moving
Damn.. you got me..
 7 years ago '06        #95
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 MY_name said:
So... out of all that you could only come up with three people in sports.. I rest my case
You talk as if the players mentioned are nobody's.

Each of them have been a top tier player in their respective sport.
 7 years ago '10        #96
#JewLife 111 heat pts111
space
space
$17,764 | Props total: 7325 7325
Yall really cant have a discussion without talkin sh*t? lol
 04-01-2011, 02:25 PM         #97
Flacco Da Gawd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Thee Yung Star said:
Yall really cant have a discussion without talkin sh*t? lol
Thank you... I didn't say any racial slurs or anything... these dudes gotta talk all this crackhead monkey sh*t
 04-01-2011, 02:26 PM         #98
Flacco Da Gawd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Has an Asian country ever won a world cup or came close to it?
 04-01-2011, 02:27 PM         #99
GHOSTDUBS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what a dumbass thread... do some research before u post something stupid dummy... most asians choose not to focus on sports cuz they got better sh*t to do n*gga... and when they do play sports, they k!ll it... u got asians in alot of sports like soccer (every world cup an asian team qualifies), volleyball (these n*ggas can jump), ping pong (say no more), any type of f!ghting (kung fu n*gga), football (random giant asians), ball (got more asians in the nba then ever before), cross country (these fu!!ers are quick as hell), swimming (china k!lls the high dive)... plus the only country competing wit the us in the olympics is always china... cmon son
 7 years ago '04        #100
refuze 284 heat pts284
space
space
$18,670 | Props total: 15391 15391
Education is highly focused in the majority of Asian countries. Asians do play sports but most of the time it's not just not the major sports we have in the United States.

Genetically, Asians are smaller in frame too. Most likely because of the food they eat in Asia, particularly rice.

However, when Asians do play sports, they are typically very good at excelling. Didn't China just win several gold medals in the Olympics?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago