Asians and sports (not meant to be racist)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Spoke Way Too Soon
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Pusha T tweets about “duppy freestyle”
117 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drakes sends invoice to Def Jam via IG!
183 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 25 - Why Are California’s Legal Marijuana Sales So Low?
15 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #61
boony 6 heat pts
space
space
$81 | Props total: 1 1
so you got to make a generalization based off of one person?
 7 years ago '09        #62
GREAT1NE 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,729 | Props total: 761 761
 Thee Yung Star said:
they are further evolved humans than the rest of us [by evolved i mean they are farther away from the ape]

smaller, look similar [not racist, just stating], very good with numbers/technology ... they are the future.
This (Some of this, would't say further evolved, rather they adapted to there environment). People seem not to understand Human Evolution very well (Theres a reason why the avg. Chinese height is like 5'6''). Theres also a reason why 8% of America makes up like 85% of the NBA (Like 97% if you throw out Centers and pass first PG's).

If your Dark skinned your more recent ancestors grew up in a warmer area, If you light skinned your more recent ancestors grew up in colder areas. And before in-door gyms and things like that living in colder environments meant conserving energy. Were as warmer environments allowed humans to stay more active (Just think when you are more active in the outdoors, winter or summer?) and these traits are passed down.

Last edited by GREAT1NE; 04-01-2011 at 12:23 AM..
 7 years ago '08        #63
Illuminati 249 heat pts249
space
space
$40,547 | Props total: 12993 12993
they ahte n*ggas thats y they dont play sports with higher concentartions of n*ggas
 7 years ago '10        #64
hungry01 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,048 | Props total: 4 4
the ignorance in this thread is amazing
 04-01-2011, 12:19 AM         #65
CenterField  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lester86 said:
What they lack in physique, they make up in intelligence. Easily the smartest race.
Most dedicated towards education? maybe, with studying an excessive amount of hours. but with a population of over a billion asians both far east and indian who knows the percentage of those without even a basic education. they rely on that more than we do in the states to survive period. sh*t isn't a neccisity here. theres no such thing as hood rich in india or china.

and as far as sports is concerned: tennis, ping pong, combat, swimming, gymnastics, archery, pool, chess
 7 years ago '04        #66
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,768 | Props total: 101 101
pacquaio donaire munoz flip f!ghters keepin it real
 7 years ago '05        #67
Hold That 104 heat pts104
space
space
$37,669 | Props total: 15298 15298
I always wondered why Japanese didn't try to get into football especially with the offensive lineman and sumo wrestling similarities..
 7 years ago '07        #68
BigAssTree 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$546 | Props total: 0 0
How do you define a REAL SPORT, threadstarter?
 7 years ago '05        #69
TrainWreck 
space
space
space
$1,045 | Props total: 0 0
 MY_name said:
I should have made myself clear.. I meant REAL sports..

Golf? Badminton? Table tennis? Diving? Skating? Are you fu*king kidding me?

And Asians aren't good at soccer either
By "Real" sports you mean the "Big 4" that are popular in American culture?

Obviously not the sports that can be played in the Olympics? No, no, no those are definitly not "Real" sports. Are you fu*king kidding me?

Like stated by other people, Asians tend to focus on academics/technology/innovation rather than kicking the crap outta themselves playing sports. The ones that do play sports tend to stand out. For example, Asians in NBA I immediately think of Yao Ming, Asians in Baseball I think of Hideo Nomo (Yea I know hes retired). Although I don't really see them participating in Hockey or Football, at least no stand outs, maybe Paul Kariya but he was born in Canada with Japanese parents. There is a giant list of Asians in MMA but I guess thats not a sport either!?
 7 years ago '09        #70
5_star_smitty|m 210 heat pts210
space
space
$44,708 | Props total: 4261 4261
 MY_name said:
I doubt they're good at hockey.. how can they see the Puck?
:disdain2:

anyway, they're pretty good @ football (soccer).
same goes for like gymnastics, track & field & table tennis etc...

anyway, why am i even pandering to this low key racist thread
 7 years ago '04        #71
Skystar275 1 heat pts
space
space
$442 | Props total: 60 60
dumb muhfickers bring up ping pong like they ain't get the stereotype waching forest gump. ping pong aint played on the tv since 1987 so how do you know?
 7 years ago '04        #72
Skystar275 1 heat pts
space
space
and yeah I'm saying they aint even good at that lol, if they were it's special olympics the retards playing the retards
 7 years ago '04        #73
Skystar275 1 heat pts
space
space
but daaamn shaq dunked on that whiteboy, you don't have no examples of asians dominating a sport with multiple races do you?
 7 years ago '05        #74
pnoi89 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,809 | Props total: 5780 5780
Culture and the way Asians are grow up, for the most part, play a major factor.

I'm pretty athletic myself compared to the average Filipino. Hell, I'm more athletic than the average athletes you see in your typical gym. But that was cause I worked my a.ss off during high school to be that way WITHOUT much or any encouragement from my parents or any Filipino family friends.

I agree with the folks in here saying that sports isn't a necessity in their lives. It MAY be there for some, as hobbies and such, but my parents have always pushed me towards education and cultural values rather than arts and sports. But when I excelled at the sports I did, of course, my parents were there to support me. Sports was just probably the least of their priorities for me growing up.
 04-01-2011, 07:46 AM         #75
FLAfynestshawti  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
Boxers, Golfers, badminton, table tennis, tennis, baseball, soccer, gymnastics, diving, figure skating, speed skating... i mean seriously.... are you f**king stupid?
i agree this thread is very ignorant... on more than one level and that has pretty

much been stated multiple times

but come on!! i cringe when i turn on the olympics and i see this...

worldwide recognition for being good at ping pong is absurd...

had to vent

Skystar275 said:
dumb muhfickers bring up ping pong like they ain't get the stereotype waching forest gump. ping pong aint played on the tv since 1987 so how do you know?
olympics kiddo... on every 4 years

Last edited by FLAfynestshawti; 04-01-2011 at 07:48 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #76
pnoi89 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,809 | Props total: 5780 5780
 FLAfynestshawti said:
i agree this thread is very ignorant... on more than one level and that has pretty much been stated multiple times

but come on!! i cringe when i turn on the olympics and i see this...

worldwide recognition for being good at ping pong is absurd
Sports are sports. I guess people have strict criteria when defining what a sport is...
 04-01-2011, 07:55 AM         #77
FLAfynestshawti  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pnoi89 said:
Sports are sports. I guess people have strict criteria when defining what a sport is...
true... very true. some people believe that because golf can be played by nonathletic people that it is not a sport... which i do not agree with at all

so i guess in a way i'm being a hypocrite by doing the same thing in regards to ping pong... its a matter of perception, everyone has an opinion

i just have a hard time accepting the fact that these people can get a gold medal in the olympics in a "sport" that a 9 year old kid at your nearest boys & girls club could master in all of one summer at summer camp
 7 years ago '06        #78
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
 Thee Yung Star said:
they are further evolved humans than the rest of us [by evolved i mean they are farther away from the ape]

smaller, look similar [not racist, just stating], very good with numbers/technology ... they are the future.
Ignorant comment!

It's hard to press forward with an activity when you don't see anyone who looks like you succeeding at it. I dont see many black swimmers, pilots and concert pianist. Then again you see more blacks in board rooms, as lawers, doctors and educators. As time goes on, you will see more in different sports just as you see in other cultures.

Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier 1947. If you back 50 years, in some sports, there has been very little change. Fifty years ago, for there were no Black coaches in the Football League. And 50 years later there are only two--Dennis Green in Minnesota and Ray Rhodes in Philadelphia. Major League Baseball only has three Black managers. But the NBA's record has been much better, as the league currently has five Black head coaches and seven Black general managers.

Every time there is an opening for a head coach, you hear about people who are on "the short list of potential coaches. Tony Dunge, defensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings, has been on that list for about 10 years. Several White coaches, who have far less expertise and experience than Dungy, have head coaching jobs. And the name Of Tony Dungy is still on that "short list. In 50 years, African-Americans have gone from no coaches in football to two coaches to a "short list."

but you can't see how slow change is huh? If you said ti was a culture thing and there isnt much exposure i could take that, but you didn't . Give it time though. Hines Ward is starting a program in China to teach people football. and there will be more stuff like this to come as the world becomes smaller.
 7 years ago '05        #79
Chuck Hustle 
space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 2 2
 nsane9 said:
my boy scott fujita play in the NFL and hes japanese.. and that safety on ravens is the second
Fujita is adopted, he's white though... Hines Ward is half Korean, Dat Nguyen used to play LB for Dallas(he was was whack though)....

Suka Repellent said:
Best Boxer in the World, One of the best Golfers in the world is half
Floyd Mayweather is Asian? Well i'll be damned
 7 years ago '10        #80
#JewLife 111 heat pts111
space
space
$18,187 | Props total: 8524 8524
 ClevelandRay said:
Ignorant comment!

It's hard to press forward with an activity when you don't see anyone who looks like you succeeding at it. I dont see many black swimmers, pilots and concert pianist. Then again you see more blacks in board rooms, as lawers, doctors and educators. As time goes on, you will see more in different sports just as you see in other cultures.

Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier 1947. If you back 50 years, in some sports, there has been very little change. Fifty years ago, for there were no Black coaches in the Football League. And 50 years later there are only two--Dennis Green in Minnesota and Ray Rhodes in Philadelphia. Major League Baseball only has three Black managers. But the NBA's record has been much better, as the league currently has five Black head coaches and seven Black general managers.

Every time there is an opening for a head coach, you hear about people who are on "the short list of potential coaches. Tony Dunge, defensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings, has been on that list for about 10 years. Several White coaches, who have far less expertise and experience than Dungy, have head coaching jobs. And the name Of Tony Dungy is still on that "short list. In 50 years, African-Americans have gone from no coaches in football to two coaches to a "short list."

but you can't see how slow change is huh? If you said ti was a culture thing and there isnt much exposure i could take that, but you didn't . Give it time though. Hines Ward is starting a program in China to teach people football. and there will be more stuff like this to come as the world becomes smaller.

The hell are you talking about? You made it seem like I said they are incapable of doing something. All I said is they are further away from the ape than we are. Most (if not all) asians you meet are short, have small brown eyes and black hair. It's not a bad thing at all - I'm fascinated by it. No reason for you to bring up Jackie Robinson & Tony Dungie lol.
Home      

most viewed right now
I will marry this woman for real.
125 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 24 - Millennials born in 1980s may never recover from the Great Re..
68 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
yall seen this bi-ch fu-king yet? my word!
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
FAMILY GUY Ă— "Peter Becomes A Millennial"
32 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside NBA YoungBoy Hitta Whippin that Draco like John Wick
62 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
May 23 - Milwaukee Teen (15) brutally tortured, stabbed and burned over stolen..
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Paints ...
62 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Federline wants Britney Spears to pay $60K a month in child support — is..
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy