Android Becomes the Number One Smartphone OS 3/31/2011

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-02-2011, 01:12 PM         #141
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption said:
We have been over this, I was only running one thing, the media player and it's was k!lling my battery. Just because I have an iPhone I'm not a technical retard. I know where to close my apps at. In fact I usually just turned the sh*t off completely at night when I went to bed. The Evo is the only (IMO) decent Android phone that Sprint had at the time, I'm never going to Verizon and the Atrix did not appeal to me.
By the end of the year there should be plenty of phones available for you to choose from. Hopefully AT&T starts to get some good HTC Android phones. If they do, you might want to take a look at those. I am still upset over them buying T-Mobile. I am kind of in limbo now over what to do. I certainly do not want to buy a new T-Mobile phone and have it not be compatible with AT&T's 3G/$g networks.
 7 years ago '05        #142
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,304 | Props total: 6429 6429
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 xeduran said:
There is no comparison. Android OS is better than IOS point blank period. Anybody that knows anything about how both operating systems work and what can or cannot be done with them would know that Android OS beats the sh*t out of IOS. The fact that Andriod OS is open source allows for so many customizations as well.

As for phones, the IPhone and IPad are both beaten by the higher end Android OS phones and tablets. The majority of the people who still use the IPhone and IPad only have it because Apple made it and it is a status symbol for them.

The one thing that Apple does have going for them is the ignorance of their consumer base. Their customers, for the most part, want something that is very simple and does not have a lot of options. Too many options confuse a lot of consumers. Android OS shines because of the endless options. Those that want few options will be very reluctant to leave their limited Iphones for an Android Phone because of this.

As far as the apps difference...you can pretty much find most of the stuff on the Android Market as you can on Apple's App Store. Android has plenty of apps to offer. The Android Market has grown tremendously and is only going to get bigger.
Right on brotha
 7 years ago '04        #143
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 xeduran said:
It is not because we love Android so much though. At least for some of us. We just do not understand why you would pay for something that is technologically inferior to another product that cost the same. If Apple released an Iphone that blew away every Android phone and was open source, I would buy it. You cannot call people fanboys if they are willing to jump ship as soon as something better comes around.
I really can't speak for anyone else, but I did jump as soon as a better phone (so I thought) dropped when the Evo came out and I actually contemplated taking this iPhone back to get the Atrix last month. I'm not saying that I wouldn't go back to Android, but I really want something a little more organized on the media side of the phone because I'm not a fan of drag and drop, although it does have it's advantages. It's not a deal breaker, but just a preference. I'm open to try anything, but I can't just keep breaking contracts left and right either. I broke my contract and lost my $30 a month unlimited data to get the Evo and then I broke it again with Sprint to go back to my iPhone because like Metalzoa said the Evo really isn't that great.

If AT&T gets a Samsung Galaxy phone, I would strongly consider going that route. In a lot of areas I am a tech wh0ore myself, I'm an early adopter of just about everything. No carrier outside of Verizon has a phone that I find physically and spec wise attractive right now and I really don't want to switch to them because they have the highest rate plans. I don't even check for T-Mobile because I heard it sucks where I live. Maybe I should if their rate plans are as cheap as people say they are.
 04-02-2011, 01:25 PM         #144
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Breaking contracts ended up costing me about $1000+ in the same year. I left Rogers for Bell, then left Bell for Fido. Rogers bought up Fido so I was back to the same spot, but out $1000 with two blackberries that only worked on their respective networks. Basically I was out a grand AND two phones thanks to contracts.

I buy unlocked and pick which carrier has the best service/deals. The $200 price of the phone is just baiting ... don't fall for it homie.

If you feel comfy with the iPhone, buy an unlocked one. Whatever device you cop, get it unlocked. That way if you move service provider, you don't get suckered into spending more money. It's what I do and what I'd recommend to anyone.
 04-02-2011, 02:03 PM         #145
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption said:
I really can't speak for anyone else, but I did jump as soon as a better phone (so I thought) dropped when the Evo came out and I actually contemplated taking this iPhone back to get the Atrix last month. I'm not saying that I wouldn't go back to Android, but I really want something a little more organized on the media side of the phone because I'm not a fan of drag and drop, although it does have it's advantages. It's not a deal breaker, but just a preference. I'm open to try anything, but I can't just keep breaking contracts left and right either. I broke my contract and lost my $30 a month unlimited data to get the Evo and then I broke it again with Sprint to go back to my iPhone because like Metalzoa said the Evo really isn't that great.

If AT&T gets a Samsung Galaxy phone, I would strongly consider going that route. In a lot of areas I am a tech wh0ore myself, I'm an early adopter of just about everything. No carrier outside of Verizon has a phone that I find physically and spec wise attractive right now and I really don't want to switch to them because they have the highest rate plans. I don't even check for T-Mobile because I heard it sucks where I live. Maybe I should if their rate plans are as cheap as people say they are.
T-Mobile is great in my area and the price is perfect. Unfortunately if the AT&T deal goes through, I think the good pricing will be a thing of the past. I really hope that deal falls apart, but that is another discussion. AT&T does have a Galaxy S phone. The Samsung Captivate is a Galaxy S phone. Maybe you meant Galaxy S II? People even have Cyanogenmod running on the Captivate. I do not know how good that port is working though as it is not officially supported.
 7 years ago '05        #146
JuiceDigaho 
space
space
$982 | Props total: 222 222
 Metalzoa said:
Breaking contracts ended up costing me about $1000+ in the same year. I left Rogers for Bell, then left Bell for Fido. Rogers bought up Fido so I was back to the same spot, but out $1000 with two blackberries that only worked on their respective networks. Basically I was out a grand AND two phones thanks to contracts.

I buy unlocked and pick which carrier has the best service/deals. The $200 price of the phone is just baiting ... don't fall for it homie.

If you feel comfy with the iPhone, buy an unlocked one. Whatever device you cop, get it unlocked. That way if you move service provider, you don't get suckered into spending more money. It's what I do and what I'd recommend to anyone.
The difference between Bell and Rogers phones is retarded. Do you know if that Wind mobile company is making any moves? or one like it....
 7 years ago '05        #147
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Mobilicity?
 7 years ago '04        #148
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,570 | Props total: 2715 2715
I'll say this, android is the best os, and the physical body of the iphone and it's screen resolution is the best. I know can put android on the iphone but can you put cyanogen mod on the iphone?

that would be the best phone of all time
 7 years ago '10        #149
WalmartRollback 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,959 | Props total: 109 109
 Metalzoa said:
Its stupid when people talk about the whole iOS vs Android ish.

When people buy Apple, they buy the OS unwittingly. If they had a choice there are many operating systems they would choose from so there's no telling how much lower the iOS numbers would be. One thing I do know is that iOS is nothing special compared to Android. They force you into a narrow confine where you're 100% Apple or none at all.

Android gives you options, making it easier for anyone willing to do the research to get exactly what you want ... different hardware, different specs, keyboard or touchscreen only, manufacturer of choice .. all what you want to make the Android experience truly yours.

If Apple allowed competitors on their device, they would be k!lling themselves. Their ish isn't as good so they move units by blackmail.

"You want music? Use our music player or else. You want a phone? Use ours or else. You want a tablet? Use ours or else. fu*k you doing watching TV? We didn't make one yet so slow your roll, son. You want a computer? We got one for ya. Don't worry the mouse has only one button. The phone and the music player has only one button and that's all you need. fu*k you asking about options for? Its our way or else, bi*ch."
Come on apple has been a hipster product for years beyond years. It has always been the OS for those to feel "higher than thou". As this individual mentioned, you have variety to choose from whereas apple provides you with one bottom line product. "In my opinion" (for the fanboys not to get angry), I'd rather have options than a take it or leave it product.

Ok, now i will go ahead and answer the questions of the diehard lovers

Yes, I can afford the overpriced machinery from apple
Anything else wouldn't matter because this is usually someone's argument for not liking apple
 7 years ago '05        #150
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
This is what separates iPhone owners such as myself. I'm into jailbreaking new features but don't necessarily need them and my homeboy isn't. He just likes the iPhone. Matter of fact he's still on iOS 3. Something and all iPhone owners aren't into jailbreaking and rooting etc most people just want a good phone and iPhone happens to be a good phone. I live on modmyi for themes but don't really get into tethering so I'm good!
 7 years ago '10        #151
WalmartRollback 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,959 | Props total: 109 109
 PTC said:
What's crazy to me is, people always attack iPhone users as casual and "stupid" or "not smart"... as if BB users are using an OS that requires so much more brain power.

GTFOH.

I've used all OS's other than Windows 7.

Everything has their advantages... but when you get to it, iOS does what it does best.
What exactly does it do best (or even better)?
 04-02-2011, 03:32 PM         #152
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wind and Mobilicity are on a tight spectrum ... its hard to find phones to use for them. My Galaxy S doesn't work :(

Seems like Google Nexus S and Nexus One do though but I'm not buying a new phone just to move to their network.
 04-02-2011, 03:40 PM         #153
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And with some quick reading, T-Mobile's Galaxy S Vibrant should work for Wind and Mobilicity
 7 years ago '05        #154
kkkid 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
$3,712 | Props total: 750 750
I should just delete this damn thread phone warriors.
 04-02-2011, 04:20 PM         #155
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kkkid said:

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #156
kkkid 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
$3,712 | Props total: 750 750
Anybody going to see this new Green Lantern junt? sh*t would look crazy on your windows phone.

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #157
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
Jaimega is the skip bayless of the cell phone world.
 7 years ago '11        #158
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Metalzoa said:
What does their FINANCIAL success have to do with them making better devices?
Are you fu*kin retarded? Read the post again... where did I mention FINANCIAL success?
 7 years ago '08        #159
LegalTrappeRx 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,703 | Props total: 91 91
 kkkid said:
U can't start an iPhone or Droid thread on here... they never end well
 7 years ago '11        #160
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 WalmartRollback said:
What exactly does it do best (or even better)?
Everything that it is capable of...mostly
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
201 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
23 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago