Android Becomes the Number One Smartphone OS 3/31/2011

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
63 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
107 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-02-2011, 11:55 AM         #101
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:
Not is not better. What's better for 1 person might not be for the next. Android requires extra steps to do the same or get to a point as the iphone.

Did you use or read reviews on the Xoom? Child please.

Sure some have ignorance. But it also points out the fact that, the iPhone gives their "consumer base" everything they NEED. If they REALLY needed another feature that the Android offers then they would switch... but the fact that it is TRULY needed plays a huge role in how Apple does business.

Apple app store comes with 3x the amount of Android apps and are better quality in many casses. The Android feature of trying an App is nice though. You say the Android Market has grown and only is going to get bigger... as if the Apple App store isn't and isn't already huge? WTF?

I don't have the statistics but I'm willing to bet than Apple users spend more money on Apps than Android users... and if you're somewhat intelligent you'd probably agree to this.

Then you have a Jailbroken iPhone. I can easily argue that a Jailbroken iPhone almost as much gives you everything you need.
You do realize that most apps on the Android Market are FREE due to open source right? And the Xoom is still superior to the IPAD technology wise. I do not need subjective reviews to tell me otherwise.
 7 years ago '11        #102
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
What's crazy to me is, people always attack iPhone users as casual and "stupid" or "not smart"... as if BB users are using an OS that requires so much more brain power.

GTFOH.

I've used all OS's other than Windows 7.

Everything has their advantages... but when you get to it, iOS does what it does best.
 7 years ago '11        #103
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 xeduran said:
If you buy a phone based on how good the games are.... Your argument is games, seriously? No need to even respond to you anymore.
That's not my argument to begin with... "stupid"

However, if it is 1 of the points.

If someone is buying a phone based on games, because all else they do is web, text, and phone call which can be done on any phone fine... they why is it not a good point?
 04-02-2011, 12:04 PM         #104
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:
That's not my argument to begin with... "stupid"

However, if it is 1 of the points.

If someone is buying a phone based on games, because all else they do is web, text, and phone call which can be done on any phone fine... they why is it not a good point?
I was responding to someone else about them stating games. I do not even play games on my phone. I have a PSP and Nintendo DS for that. Cell phone games suck. Whether it be IOS or Android games. It was not my point. Apparently you are illiterate because you did not even read my response in full or who I was responding to. Just grabbing bullet points. Learn to comprehend.
 7 years ago '11        #105
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Metalzoa said:
Pot calling the kettle black? The iPhone is not that good. It has games catered to it (much like Android) but these are not quality games. Phones make very terrible gaming platforms. Playstation and Android just united though, so lets see you keep up all that talk about iPhone being that much better for games. By then you'll change your tune and tell us you don't even wanna play games on your iPhone .. just want something basic that does exactly what you want a.k.a a half-assed job
I don't play games on the iPhone I was simply speaking about it.

Your vision is horribly jaded just like other dude. You just said

nes make very terrible gaming platforms.
Then further on went to say Playstation and Android just united to make WHAT point?

I don't care what "just happened" and I certainly don't care what will happen...

I will use any phone it doesn't matter to me... not sure how the iPhone does things "half a.ssed"... all I know is that it does what it's supposed to do BETTER and it does it the BEST.
 04-02-2011, 12:07 PM         #106
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
By then you'll change your tune and tell us you don't even wanna play games on your iPhone .. just want something basic that does exactly what you want a.k.a a half-assed job
I rest my case.

Some people are just plain stupid. The iPhone does what best? You keep forgetting to say exactly what it is they do better than everyone else.
 04-02-2011, 12:09 PM         #107
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
If you want a plain and simple vanilla phone, why would you pay so much for it? There's enough "plain and simple vanilla phones" way under the iPhone price. These people don't want to admit they are brand wh0ores. All the excuses to justify an iPhone purchase are the exact same reason why they should have gone Android in the first place.

@kuruption: iTunes is HOT GARBAGE. It looks nice but is probably the worst music player ever. Why the hell does it change the file names? Pissed me off when my laptop got reformatted and I was pulling the music off my iPod; all the song names were these 4 letter randomized bullsh*t. I wanted to stab Steve Jobs in the left nut for fu*king with me on that one.
Some people want something a little bit more advanced than a basic phone, but not too advanced. The Iphone suits them well. There is plenty of support for it in the aftermarket. I would not label everyone who owns an Iphone a brand wh0ore. I know people who own them and are not brand wh0ores. They just seriously do not want to d*ck around with their phones and want to be able to pick up the phone and use it. Nice and simple with all the email/internet features. There are a lot of brand wh0ores though that will not admit it.

I admit I am a technology wh0ore. Whatever device has the best hardware specs, I tend to go for. If the software is lacking and there is alternative software available (ie cyanogenmod) I am willing to do the extra work to modify it.
 7 years ago '11        #108
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 xeduran said:
You do realize that most apps on the Android Market are FREE due to open source right? And the Xoom is still superior to the IPAD technology wise. I do not need subjective reviews to tell me otherwise.
Yes I do realize that, like I've said I've used both OS's... however you do realize that the best products usually go to where the money is at right?

Apple has never been a company to release products far superior than competition in "technology"... I don't think anyone really ever makes that point.

Subjective reviews? So being "buggy" is "subjective" now?

You sound like the typical Apple hater/Android homer.
 04-02-2011, 12:12 PM         #109
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:
Yes I do realize that, like I've said I've used both OS's... however you do realize that the best products usually go to where the money is at right?

Apple has never been a company to release products far superior than competition in "technology"... I don't think anyone really ever makes that point.

Subjective reviews? So being "buggy" is "subjective" now?

You sound like the typical Apple hater/Android homer.

CyanogenMod is completely free and the best Android OS Alternative around. Most of my apps are completely free and better than the paid version. You sir have no idea about what you are talking about.
 7 years ago '11        #110
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Metalzoa said:
I rest my case.

Some people are just plain stupid. The iPhone does what best? You keep forgetting to say exactly what it is they do better than everyone else.
I do not have an Android phone in front of me, however you can probably find many posts across the internet that tells you what it does better.

Apple phones does it what it does with no hassles. No going through options, no needing to find an task k!ller, no needing to go through 100 steps to get to something... etc. Very symbian like.

Now, android is not as bad as symbian when it comes to taking extra steps to do something... but the point is, the iPhone does it better.

In simple terms it just works...
 7 years ago '11        #111
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 xeduran said:

CyanogenMod is completely free and the best Android OS Alternative around. Most of my apps are completely free and better than the paid version. You sir have no idea about what you are talking about.
What the hell are you talking about? Do you simply just forgo simple economics and put a bunch of smilies to hide your anger behind a keyboard?

I have no idea what I'm talking about? You couldn't understand what I said?

The BEST developers go to where the MONEY IS AT.

Are you telling me this is a incorrect statement?
 7 years ago '11        #112
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
I have nothing against Android and am always open to switching to it... as to BB or Windows 7.

People that take a biased standpoint as you two don't provide a clear opinions.
 7 years ago '07        #113
CadillacVyse 944 heat pts944
space
space
$27,669 | Props total: 16931 16931
Is it really that crucial?
 7 years ago '04        #114
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Metalzoa said:
@kuruption: iTunes is HOT GARBAGE. It looks nice but is probably the worst music player ever. Why the hell does it change the file names? Pissed me off when my laptop got reformatted and I was pulling the music off my iPod; all the song names were these 4 letter randomized bullsh*t. I wanted to stab Steve Jobs in the left nut for fu*king with me on that one.
I can't win with you. I actually prefer the Zune software over iTunes. iTunes has a lot of issues, I use it to keep the sh*t on my Phone organized. I hated drag and drop and I didn't really fu*k with Double Twist.

Metalzoa said:
1. If a phone costs $200 you are signing up for a longer term with the carrier. I roll contract-less so I pay full price for the device. iPhones cost more.

2. Contracts up here are 2 ~ 3 years. No phone is worth getting tied down for that long.

3. Resell price is for those who like switching their device. I have pretty much every phone I've got since high school. I ride em till the wheels fall off. It's something I like to call device loyalty.

1. Gotcha. Everything Apple makes is overpriced. That's why I'll never even consider on or their Laptops.

2. Where's that?

3. I like switching my devices, that's why I bailed on Sprint after they fu*ked me over. I'm not keeping any phone for two years.
 04-02-2011, 12:20 PM         #115
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:
What the hell are you talking about? Do you simply just forgo simple economics and put a bunch of smilies to hide your anger behind a keyboard?

I have no idea what I'm talking about? You couldn't understand what I said?

Yes I am. I have plenty of software for phones and PCs that are better than the equivalent paid for software. Open source is better because you have an entire community developing and improving it. You have no idea how software works. Look at the Linux community. They have amazing software being developed and it is all free. When it comes to apps on a phone, most of those apps are done independently. The Android community just tends to give most of their stuff for free.

LAME - MP3 encoder for PC is free, better than all the pay for encoders.

MPC-HC/VLC - Media players for the PC, free. Better than all the pay for media players.

X264 - H264 encoder, free. Better than all the public available pay for encoders.

List goes on and on. Money does not equal quality. Whoever fed you that BS is a fool.

Last edited by xeduran; 04-02-2011 at 12:28 PM..
 04-02-2011, 12:22 PM         #116
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
I admit I am a technology wh0ore. Whatever device has the best hardware specs, I tend to go for. If the software is lacking and there is alternative software available (ie cyanogenmod) I am willing to do the extra work to modify it.
Likewise. I'm a tech wh0ore so I go for the best of the best of the very best. I learned how to use Android Debug Bridge (adb) to monkey around in the phone, root, unroot, pull and push apps and a few other nifty tricks just to get more out of my device. I'm sure we are all like that.

And here's my point: if people wanted a simple and easy phone ... why do they all bother to root their iPhones or customize it? If you like it right out of the box, why do you all buy so many peripherals? If you wanted a large app database, why go for one where most of the apps cost you money?

It seems to me iPhone owners are in heavy denial. They believe their phone can do everything (and there's an app for the stuff it can't do) but when they buy the phone they end up spending money on all this extra sh*t just to get it to do what they want, but they could have got much better performance and options for a better price if they just bought Android in the first place?

Even if you don't want to buy Android, why stay in constant denial that your iPhone preference is nothing more than a bias, since the actual stats point towards Android being the better choice in literally every category?

04-02-2011, 12:26 PM         #117
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:

Yes. It's a very flawed statement. The best developers actually work for free.

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '11        #118
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Metalzoa said:
And here's my point: if people wanted a simple and easy phone ... why do they all bother to root their iPhones or customize it? If you like it right out of the box, why do you all buy so many peripherals? If you wanted a large app database, why go for one where most of the apps cost you money?
The Jailbroken community isn't that big compared to the whole iPhone user base... and Jailbreaking a phone is easy as the click of a button.

Maybe some people don't mind spending money on some apps? We're not talking about a $1000 investment here.

It seems to me iPhone owners are in heavy denial. They believe their phone can do everything (and there's an app for the stuff it can't do) but when they buy the phone they end up spending money on all this extra sh*t just to get it to do what they want, but they could have got much better performance and options for a better price if they just bought Android in the first place?
No one said their phone can do everything. Android can do things, no one ever denied that, I'm not sure why you people keep bringing around the same points OVER AND OVER...

Even if you don't want to buy Android, why stay in constant denial that your iPhone preference is nothing more than a bias, since the actual stats point towards Android being the better choice in literally every category?
BIAS? Even though there are MANY MANY people that switch from iPhone to Android and not only to come back?

Why is it that you morons somehow deem every single iPhone owner as someone who won't accept Android?

lol @ that ignorance.
 7 years ago '04        #119
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
So you're trying to say that everyone that has an iPhone is just Biased? of course they are. Everyone is partial to something. It's no different then how you feel about Android.
 04-02-2011, 12:39 PM         #120
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oh .. jailbreaking is not popular on the iPhone? People don't buy peripherals on it?
Even if you paid only .99 for every app are you telling me that is somehow less expensive than free?

Denial is the name of the game and iPhone owners play it all day. Those who don't really don't know about Android. Those who do ... well ... they're too comfortable to change. Those who change aren't willing to put in the work to learn a new way of doing things so they regress back.

At the end of the day, all your money goes to the ads Steve Jobs uses to lure y'all back for another price gouging. Keep on feeding the beast that r*pes you. I'll keep getting the best for a lower price. Keep it up suckers!
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago