Android Becomes the Number One Smartphone OS 3/31/2011

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
17 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
203 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #81
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 1013 1013
 xeduran said:
Ignorance is not the same as stupidity. Ignorance means lack of knowledge. In this case lack of computer knowledge. The younger crowd are more used to using computers and such which is why they prefer the Android OS. I know plenty of people who own Iphones and find Android phones too complex. It is because they lack the computer skills of today's youth. I am not young by the way. I did grow up around computers though.

I did not mean to offend you, but I stand by my statements. Most people are ignorant to a lot of things and rather not have to deal with them at all. They want an easy button to handle everything and makes things very simple. That is a fact. Look at all the consumer products out there.

People today rather buy a simpler product over a more complex product. Even if the more complex product is better all around.

If you prefer I can refer to Iphone's base as "Casual Phone Users". It is similar to how the Wii has had great success with inferior hardware and software. Nintendo created a system that is easy too use and made specifically for those who are ignorant to gaming. Aimed toward the "Casual Gamer".

As for the games. Android does have a lot of games, yes it is lacking in some, but more and more games are being released for Android OS. And if you are that serious about games, you should own a DS or PSP. Why would your phone purchase come down to games?
I'm well aware of the definition of ignorance as I am not young either, and I like to consider myself fairly tech savvy, but the openness of the Android platform while I do think is great is not a deal breaker for me personally. All the things that Android can do just aren't that serious to me. I guess you could call it the casual cellphone crowd because I'm around either my laptop at work or my desktop at home the majority of my day, so I really don't need my phone to reinvent the wheel. As far as games go, I would never base my purchase off of a game, but some people do. When I did have an Android device I did missed the sh*t out of my Nike + iPod app, but Android had some decent substitutes. No offense taken, it's all in conversation.
 7 years ago '04        #82
space
space
 Metalzoa said:
iPhone owners make no sense to me, but if you want to pay more for less functions and a higher chance to get milked for more of your dollars then be my guest
Please explain. How am I paying more? All of the handsets run around $200. Not to mention depending on the carrier you may be stuck with the phone for over a year (fu*k you Sprint for that foul sh*t you did to me) and not to mention iOS devices resell fairly high.

dmunson318 said:
the thing that bothers me about android owners not the os but the owners is that they act like owning an android device makes your smarter or some sh*t........ people own and spend money on what they want and alot of people spend money on bullsh*t! i've played with android devices and was on the ropes about getting the atrix, but why would i? its not that nice to make me wanna switch over for my jailbroken iphone is about what and what with it minus dual core and 4g and wdf needs 4g? 3g is plenty fast for me.
It's moreso the fanboys, but I see what you're saying. It's like you can be happy with your purchase. That's what I've been trying to say. Some people just don't need all that. I had an Android phone. Customized it, rooted it, under/overclocked it. at the end of the day, it just wasn't the phone for me. I just like the iPhone.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 04-02-2011 at 07:20 AM..
 04-02-2011, 09:17 AM         #83
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dmunson318 said:
the thing that bothers me about android owners not the os but the owners is that they act like owning an android device makes your smarter or some sh*t........ people own and spend money on what they want and alot of people spend money on bullsh*t! i've played with android devices and was on the ropes about getting the atrix, but why would i? its not that nice to make me wanna switch over for my jailbroken iphone is about what and what with it minus dual core and 4g and wdf needs 4g? 3g is plenty fast for me.
My guess as far as where I am coming from is why would you pay the same amount of money for something that does less? Everything the Iphone does, an Android phone can do and more. Why would you not want the more part? By the way, if you ever tethered your phone to your laptop like I do whenever I travel (which is a lot), you would enjoy the 4g speed over 3g. 3g is not plenty fast for a lot of people.

That is where I am coming from as far as the ignorance statement or casual statement. Apple mostly relies on people not caring about the extra features offered by Android OS. Either because they are tech ignorant and do not want anything too complex. Or they just want a plain and simple vanilla phone. I can understand the tech ignorant people. I just do not understand why people who know how to use an Android phone and all its features, and can honestly say the platform is better with no bias, do not upgrade when the time comes.

Would I upgrade immediately if I owned an Iphone instead of an Android phone, of course not. My money is worth more than the extras features. Now when the time came to get an upgrade, I would definitely leave the Iphone for an Android phone. I just do not know why some of you still choose to just upgrade to the next Iphone and are so brand loyal. My loyalty when it comes to technology goes to whoever has the best product out period. Not whose logo is on the back of the phone.
 7 years ago '05        #84
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
 dmunson318 said:

take that take that
Dumbass.
 7 years ago '10        #85
Cashis Clay 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,869 | Props total: 226 226
To each His own man but I got an iPhone 4 and I think it's the best phone ever...and when the iPhone 5 drops and they work out all the bugs I'm coppin that too...

It would make sense that android is takin over since they have so many phones tho and they are decent...it's just I have the best phone ever made with like 2500 roll over minutes...why get rid of it?
 7 years ago '05        #86
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,062 | Props total: 10743 10743
I love it when threads become more than they should be

Boxden >>>>>
 7 years ago '04        #87
space
space
 xeduran said:
My guess as far as where I am coming from is why would you pay the same amount of money for something that does less? Everything the Iphone does, an Android phone can do and more. Why would you not want the more part? By the way, if you ever tethered your phone to your laptop like I do whenever I travel (which is a lot), you would enjoy the 4g speed over 3g. 3g is not plenty fast for a lot of people.

That is where I am coming from as far as the ignorance statement or casual statement. Apple mostly relies on people not caring about the extra features offered by Android OS. Either because they are tech ignorant and do not want anything too complex. Or they just want a plain and simple vanilla phone. I can understand the tech ignorant people. I just do not understand why people who know how to use an Android phone and all its features, and can honestly say the platform is better with no bias, do not upgrade when the time comes.
I really don't see why you think that a tech savvy person can't choose an iPhone over and Android Phone. I have about four friends that are Engineers and fairly tech savvy and they all have iPhones, I have friends that work in construction and they have Evos and Incredibles. When I had an Evo I tried to get everyone on board the Android train and nobody bit because it wasn't that big of a deal to them because their phone did what they needed it to do. I primarily use my phone for the mp3 playback so I like always using iTunes and how organized it was. I don't think Android phones have great media players on them and they k!ll the battery far worse than the iPhone does. I really just think it depends on what you want the phone for.
 7 years ago '04        #88
space
space
 P-Hill said:
I love it when threads become more than they should be
You mean a "Vs" argument? Everytime. That's why I love BX.
 7 years ago '05        #89
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,924 | Props total: 10785 10785
 dmunson318 said:
This. They try so hard to convince you that it's better. Then some of them clown you just because you have a iphone, BB, nokia, WP7, or whatever. Am I'm like cool story bro.
 7 years ago '05        #90
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
iPhone sucks Kuruption...

Hurry and come roll with the winners...
[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #91
space
space
 JaiMega said:
iPhone sucks Kuruption...

Hurry and come roll with the winners...
[pic - click to view]

Find me an Android phone with a half decent battery, and good music player and one that is as aesthetically pleasing as the iPhone and I'll come back in a heartbeat. Android customization is the business The Fascinate is a beautiful handset, but it's on Verizon
 04-02-2011, 11:21 AM         #92
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption said:
Find me an Android phone with a half decent battery, and good music player and one that is as aesthetically pleasing as the iPhone and I'll come back in a heartbeat. Android customization is the business The Fascinate is a beautiful handset, but it's on Verizon
HTC Vision aka HTC Desire Z aka T-mobile G2. My battery lasts 30 hours without babying it. Using internet here and there. Syncing three email accounts and making phone calls here and there.

I do not know what service provider you have. If it is AT&T, the NAM Bell HTC Desire Z supports AT&T's 3g service. This phone also has MIUI support. In case you want the nice MP3 player and Iphone look.

By the way, did you ever try PlayerPro,WinAMP,PowerAmp or Tunewiki? There are plenty of alternative apps for music playing.

Last edited by xeduran; 04-02-2011 at 11:37 AM..
 04-02-2011, 11:24 AM         #93
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption said:
I really don't see why you think that a tech savvy person can't choose an iPhone over and Android Phone. I have about four friends that are Engineers and fairly tech savvy and they all have iPhones, I have friends that work in construction and they have Evos and Incredibles. When I had an Evo I tried to get everyone on board the Android train and nobody bit because it wasn't that big of a deal to them because their phone did what they needed it to do. I primarily use my phone for the mp3 playback so I like always using iTunes and how organized it was. I don't think Android phones have great media players on them and they k!ll the battery far worse than the iPhone does. I really just think it depends on what you want the phone for.
You missed the "Or they just want a plain and simple vanilla phone". My brother is an Electrical Engineer and he works for a company that makes Iphone accessories. I know that some people just prefer the simplicity of it. That is the other side of Apple's consumer base. As for the battery life, newer phones have very good battery life. It is funny you mention Itunes though. A coworker of mine has an Iphone and the one thing he hates the most about it is the fact that he has to use Itunes to transfer files. He much rather have it hook up as a USB device the way Android phones do.
 04-02-2011, 11:45 AM         #94
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption said:
Please explain. How am I paying more? All of the handsets run around $200. Not to mention depending on the carrier you may be stuck with the phone for over a year (fu*k you Sprint for that foul sh*t you did to me) and not to mention iOS devices resell fairly high.
1. If a phone costs $200 you are signing up for a longer term with the carrier. I roll contract-less so I pay full price for the device. iPhones cost more.

2. Contracts up here are 2 ~ 3 years. No phone is worth getting tied down for that long.

3. Resell price is for those who like switching their device. I have pretty much every phone I've got since high school. I ride em till the wheels fall off. It's something I like to call device loyalty.
 7 years ago '11        #95
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 xeduran said:
As for the games. Android does have a lot of games, yes it is lacking in some, but more and more games are being released for Android OS.
IT IS LACKING. Period. No point in further to try and justify that "more are being released." It is severely lacking compared to the iOS, period. The fact that you need to say, "more games are being released." shows your homerism and that you're not speaking from an unbiased standpoint.

And if you are that serious about games, you should own a DS or PSP. Why would your phone purchase come down to games?
Because the iPhone is THAT good in games and you don't need to carry another device... are you "stupid"?
 7 years ago '05        #96
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,924 | Props total: 10785 10785
 Metalzoa said:
1. If a phone costs $200 you are signing up for a longer term with the carrier. I roll contract-less so I pay full price for the device. iPhones cost more.

2. Contracts up here are 2 ~ 3 years. No phone is worth getting tied down for that long.

3. Resell price is for those who like switching their device. I have pretty much every phone I've got since high school. I ride em till the wheels fall off. It's something I like to call device loyalty.
I rock contract-less myself. I bought a unlocked unbranded phone for like $375. So I can leave at&t whenever I want and don't have to buyout the ETF
 04-02-2011, 11:50 AM         #97
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
You missed the "Or they just want a plain and simple vanilla phone".
If you want a plain and simple vanilla phone, why would you pay so much for it? There's enough "plain and simple vanilla phones" way under the iPhone price. These people don't want to admit they are brand wh0ores. All the excuses to justify an iPhone purchase are the exact same reason why they should have gone Android in the first place.

@kuruption: iTunes is HOT GARBAGE. It looks nice but is probably the worst music player ever. Why the hell does it change the file names? Pissed me off when my laptop got reformatted and I was pulling the music off my iPod; all the song names were these 4 letter randomized bullsh*t. I wanted to stab Steve Jobs in the left nut for fu*king with me on that one.
 7 years ago '11        #98
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 xeduran said:
There is no comparison. Android OS is better than IOS point blank period. Anybody that knows anything about how both operating systems work and what can or cannot be done with them would know that Android OS beats the sh*t out of IOS. The fact that Andriod OS is open source allows for so many customizations as well.
Not is not better. What's better for 1 person might not be for the next. Android requires extra steps to do the same or get to a point as the iphone.

As for phones, the IPhone and IPad are both beaten by the higher end Android OS phones and tablets. The majority of the people who still use the IPhone and IPad only have it because Apple made it and it is a status symbol for them.
Did you use or read reviews on the Xoom? Child please.

The one thing that Apple does have going for them is the ignorance of their consumer base. Their customers, for the most part, want something that is very simple and does not have a lot of options. Too many options confuse a lot of consumers. Android OS shines because of the endless options. Those that want few options will be very reluctant to leave their limited Iphones for an Android Phone because of this.
Sure some have ignorance. But it also points out the fact that, the iPhone gives their "consumer base" everything they NEED. If they REALLY needed another feature that the Android offers then they would switch... but the fact that it is TRULY needed plays a huge role in how Apple does business.

As far as the apps difference...you can pretty much find most of the stuff on the Android Market as you can on Apple's App Store. Android has plenty of apps to offer. The Android Market has grown tremendously and is only going to get bigger.
Apple app store comes with 3x the amount of Android apps and are better quality in many casses. The Android feature of trying an App is nice though. You say the Android Market has grown and only is going to get bigger... as if the Apple App store isn't and isn't already huge? WTF?

I don't have the statistics but I'm willing to bet than Apple users spend more money on Apps than Android users... and if you're somewhat intelligent you'd probably agree to this.

Then you have a Jailbroken iPhone. I can easily argue that a Jailbroken iPhone almost as much gives you everything you need.
 04-02-2011, 11:54 AM         #99
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:
IT IS LACKING. Period. No point in further to try and justify that "more are being released." It is severely lacking compared to the iOS, period. The fact that you need to say, "more games are being released." shows your homerism and that you're not speaking from an unbiased standpoint.

Because the iPhone is THAT good in games and you don't need to carry another device... are you "stupid"?
If you buy a phone based on how good the games are.... Your argument is games, seriously? No need to even respond to you anymore.
 04-02-2011, 11:54 AM         #100
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:
 PTC said:
Pot calling the kettle black? The iPhone is not that good. It has games catered to it (much like Android) but these are not quality games. Phones make very terrible gaming platforms. Playstation and Android just united though, so lets see you keep up all that talk about iPhone being that much better for games. By then you'll change your tune and tell us you don't even wanna play games on your iPhone .. just want something basic that does exactly what you want a.k.a a half-assed job
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
43 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
81 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
36 comments
2 days ago