Android Becomes the Number One Smartphone OS 3/31/2011

most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
170 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #61
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,282 | Props total: 6387 6387
i seen this sh*t comin a while back before I got my evo..
imoverjoyed!!
iPhone is teenie bop pop.. get that bull sh*t apple outta here..

and yall remember a few months back when someone dropped that iPhone phone users get more pus*y than HTC Droid users thrEad?.. n*gga PLZ

Last edited by HARBINGER; 04-01-2011 at 11:51 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #62
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
its all good jobs comin crush the buildings within the next 90 days.
 7 years ago '04        #63
tntitan 
space
space
space
$973 | Props total: 130 130
Android should create a commercial similar to Apple's "there's an app for that", named "there's a phone for that. You want a android phone with or without a QWERTY keyboard, there's a phone for that, You want a android phone on any carrier you want to choose, there's a phone for that. Big Screen/small screen/ low end/ high end.. whatever you are looking for.. there's an android phone for that.... IMO, that is what makes android #1.. choices and freedom to do whatever I want to my phone easily
 7 years ago '04        #64
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 tntitan said:
Android should create a commercial similar to Apple's "there's an app for that", named "there's a phone for that. You want a android phone with or without a QWERTY keyboard, there's a phone for that, You want a android phone on any carrier you want to choose, there's a phone for that. Big Screen/small screen/ low end/ high end.. whatever you are looking for.. there's an android phone for that.... IMO, that is what makes android #1.. choices and freedom to do whatever I want to my phone easily
That would be a dope commercial. I think that the fact that android is software and not hardware made by a bunch of different manufacturers would make that hard to do, but that commercial would be that sh*t that makes your soul burn slow.
 7 years ago '05        #65
TrainWreck 
space
space
space
$1,045 | Props total: 0 0
Never liked Apple products, not saying they are bad I just never liked them. I have a torch and have no problems with it. Would like to get an android phone and get back into flashing custom roms and stuff like that, but I dont know if I could go without BBM.

And the main reason why Apple computers don't get viruses is because Windows has a much higher user base than Apple. When people create viruses they want to fu*k with the most possible people so they create them to run rampant in Windows based computers. Also virus makers are more familiar with the Windows operating system, the tools that have been created to create viruses, spy-ware and other malicious software are native to the Windows.

If Apple were to take over the market as far as OS's go they would have just as many viruses as Windows has. Though the Apple OS is based off the "Unix kernel" and just upgraded to Mac OS X, which despite is age, Unix is considered one of the most secure operating system ever.

Last edited by TrainWreck; 04-01-2011 at 01:23 PM..
 04-01-2011, 07:31 PM         #66
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There is no comparison. Android OS is better than IOS point blank period. Anybody that knows anything about how both operating systems work and what can or cannot be done with them would know that Android OS beats the sh*t out of IOS. The fact that Andriod OS is open source allows for so many customizations as well.

As for phones, the IPhone and IPad are both beaten by the higher end Android OS phones and tablets. The majority of the people who still use the IPhone and IPad only have it because Apple made it and it is a status symbol for them.

The one thing that Apple does have going for them is the ignorance of their consumer base. Their customers, for the most part, want something that is very simple and does not have a lot of options. Too many options confuse a lot of consumers. Android OS shines because of the endless options. Those that want few options will be very reluctant to leave their limited Iphones for an Android Phone because of this.

As far as the apps difference...you can pretty much find most of the stuff on the Android Market as you can on Apple's App Store. Android has plenty of apps to offer. The Android Market has grown tremendously and is only going to get bigger.
 7 years ago '04        #67
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 xeduran said:
There is no comparison. Android OS is better than IOS point blank period. Anybody that knows anything about how both operating systems work and what can or cannot be done with them would know that Android OS beats the sh*t out of IOS. The fact that Andriod OS is open source allows for so many customizations as well.

As for phones, the IPhone and IPad are both beaten by the higher end Android OS phones and tablets. The majority of the people who still use the IPhone and IPad only have it because Apple made it and it is a status symbol for them.

The one thing that Apple does have going for them is the ignorance of their consumer base. Their customers, for the most part, want something that is very simple and does not have a lot of options. Too many options confuse a lot of consumers. Android OS shines because of the endless options. Those that want few options will be very reluctant to leave their limited Iphones for an Android Phone because of this.

As far as the apps difference...you can pretty much find most of the stuff on the Android Market as you can on Apple's App Store. Android has plenty of apps to offer. The Android Market has grown tremendously and is only going to get bigger.
So wanting something simple is ignorant? Wow. That's a ridiculous notion. The general population is going to want something that is easy to use, they are not like a lot of the people in this section or BX for that matter. It's not like the Android OS is rocket science, it's just a matter of what you are willing to do. Customizing your phone is fun as hell to do, but I know several people with android phones that are still running the stock rom and have done nothing but minimal changes. I agree with the fact that Android has better hardware and software, but the rest of that sh*t was.......

I'm starting to think that a lot of the older crowd that want a "cool" phone with ease of use rock an iPhone and the twenty something crowd with more time and patience to fool around with their phone have started to gravitate to Android. I just came back from Vegas and a lot of the 30 and up crowd seemed to have iPhones, and the younger crowd had Anroid devices. Apple's selling point is not ignorance, it's apps and ease of use. Android still doesn't have sh*t along the line of games and cell phone games are big business. I know plenty of iOS device owners who have conceded that android is better but refuse to switch because they are comfortable with an iPhone, they have concerns about battery life, and they just don't need any of the extra sh*t that android offers.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 04-01-2011 at 08:10 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #68
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,085 | Props total: 10766 10766
I expect nothing but the best from the best.
 7 years ago '08        #69
King Jackson 86 heat pts86
space
space
$5,455 | Props total: 2080 2080
It was bound to happen .. Android OS is FLOODING the market.. I'm talking Tsunami waves .. I love my EVO and am looking forward to the EVO 3D too but the iPhone does what it does and does it VERY WELL .. The camera/video is just astonishing ..
 7 years ago '06        #70
StreetZ17 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,784 | Props total: 469 469
**owns a Coby Android net pad with apps**
 04-01-2011, 08:19 PM         #71
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption said:
So wanting something simple is ignorant? Wow. That's a ridiculous notion. The general population is going to want something that is easy to use, they are not like a lot of the people in this section or BX for that matter. It's not like the Android OS is rocket science, it's just a matter of what you are willing to do. Customizing your phone is fun as hell to do, but I know several people with android phones that are still running the stock rom and have done nothing but minimal changes. I agree with the fact that Android has better hardware and software, but the rest of that sh*t was.......

I'm starting to think that a lot of the older crowd that want a "cool" phone with ease of use rock an iPhone and the twenty something crowd with more time and patience to fool around with their phone have started to gravitate to Android. I just came back from Vegas and a lot of the 30 and up crowd seemed to have iPhones, and the younger crowd had Anroid devices. Apple's selling point is not ignorance, it's apps and ease of use. Android still doesn't have sh*t along the line of games and cell phone games are big business. I know plenty of iOS device owners who have conceded that android is better but refuse to switch because they are comfortable with an iPhone, they have concerns about battery life, and they just don't need any of the extra sh*t that android offers.
Ignorance is not the same as stupidity. Ignorance means lack of knowledge. In this case lack of computer knowledge. The younger crowd are more used to using computers and such which is why they prefer the Android OS. I know plenty of people who own Iphones and find Android phones too complex. It is because they lack the computer skills of today's youth. I am not young by the way. I did grow up around computers though.

I did not mean to offend you, but I stand by my statements. Most people are ignorant to a lot of things and rather not have to deal with them at all. They want an easy button to handle everything and makes things very simple. That is a fact. Look at all the consumer products out there.

People today rather buy a simpler product over a more complex product. Even if the more complex product is better all around.

If you prefer I can refer to Iphone's base as "Casual Phone Users". It is similar to how the Wii has had great success with inferior hardware and software. Nintendo created a system that is easy too use and made specifically for those who are ignorant to gaming. Aimed toward the "Casual Gamer".

As for the games. Android does have a lot of games, yes it is lacking in some, but more and more games are being released for Android OS. And if you are that serious about games, you should own a DS or PSP. Why would your phone purchase come down to games?

Last edited by xeduran; 04-01-2011 at 08:38 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #72
kkkid 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
$3,712 | Props total: 750 750
I wish folks would shut up about phones and sh*t.
 04-01-2011, 08:25 PM         #73
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kkkid said:
I wish folks would shut up about phones and sh*t.
Stay out of this section and maybe you will hear less about phones.
 04-01-2011, 08:30 PM         #74
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WhoThaFuk said:
In my honest opinion, the only thing a iphone has over android is the seamless ipod component. I don't use any apps except my banks, tetris, and angry birds. Thats it.
Real talk.

iPhone is k!lling it in the peripheral market but I don't even use a phone case so why would I care about all that extra plastic and junk? Hardware and software for Android > plastic / silicone attachments. Y'all talk about how s3xy the iPhone is then proceed to throw it in a bulletproof glass box cause the thing is fragile as hell.

iPhone owners make no sense to me, but if you want to pay more for less functions and a higher chance to get milked for more of your dollars then be my guest
 04-01-2011, 08:36 PM         #75
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
.... every dog has its day...especially if its on every carrier
Apple has itself to blame for that. I would have never known how good Android OS was if it wasn't for the Iphone only being available for AT&T. After owning my first Android phone (Mytouch 3g), I never would leave the platform for an Iphone. Apple should have never signed that exclusive deal. IMO, Apple really f*cked up with that one.
 7 years ago '05        #76
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 xeduran said:
Apple has itself to blame for that. I would have never known how good Android OS was if it wasn't for the Iphone only being available for AT&T. After owning my first Android phone (Mytouch 3g), I never would leave the platform for an Iphone. Apple should have never signed that exclusive deal. IMO, Apple really f*cked up with that one.
This, Apple screwed Apple, and now their sheep are

Like Apple aint have the chance to go to every carrier, put their software on to other peoples hardware, and make substantial improvements to their OS, etc...dudes is acting like Google's cheating
 7 years ago '05        #78
kkkid 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
$3,712 | Props total: 750 750

Metalzoa said:
Stay out of this section and maybe you will hear less about phones.
 7 years ago '05        #79
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
 kuruption said:

take that take that
 7 years ago '05        #80
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
the thing that bothers me about android owners not the os but the owners is that they act like owning an android device makes your smarter or some sh*t........ people own and spend money on what they want and alot of people spend money on bullsh*t! i've played with android devices and was on the ropes about getting the atrix, but why would i? its not that nice to make me wanna switch over for my jailbroken iphone is about what and what with it minus dual core and 4g and wdf needs 4g? 3g is plenty fast for me.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
18 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
54 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
274 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy