Android Becomes the Number One Smartphone OS 3/31/2011

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
210 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
69 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-01-2011, 06:14 AM         #41
chronicles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not really fair comparison since android is multiple phones of course it's gonna have the highest percentage. While the iphone os is only on a single phone it's not comparable.
But if everyone was allowed an iphone os on any single phone who do you think would win?
 7 years ago '05        #42
ROC585 306 heat pts306
space
space
space
$2,290 | Props total: 3445 3445
Blackberry all day
 7 years ago '07        #43
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,676 | Props total: 1337 1337
tried to tell yall this would happen way back when the g1 dropped
 7 years ago '05        #44
ilikefattygirlz 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,261 | Props total: 0 0
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
Iphone is a really nice phone but.......

flash player?
being able to change my battery when it goes bad?
being able to use endless memory cards?
not using itunes all the time?
free portable hotspot?
GOOD widgets?
hackable OS that you dont have to worry about pluging into your comp or it will lock up on you?
can you even get your own wallpaper on the iphone yet.....

Apple markets the iphone like its a one of a kind thing, yet in reality theres plenty of phones that do what it does an more. so the fact that "It's not an Iphone" doesn't mean anything.
 7 years ago '06        #45
DASKCREW1 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,402 | Props total: 624 624
I think is easy to beat a single phone when you have 100 android phones on the market
 7 years ago '06        #46
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
 rek0nize said:
You can't compare Android to Iphone.

Please use your brains.

One is an OS and one is a Phone. How can you compare a OS that has tons of phones to 1 fu*king phone??

50 percent of the Android based phone's are 100 percent complete, Lil B rapping Skills, HOT FLAMING GARBAGE
No one is comparing Android to iPhone. That's apples to oranges. The article is about the Android OS and iOS. Currently, there are 4 devices running iOS. Apple has such a small market share because they have limited devices running their OS and the majority of their customer base is made up of previous iPhone owners. 90% of the people who will purchase the iPhone 5 are previous iPhone owners. People gotta remember its Apples decision how many devices they put their OS on, so the comparison is just as fair now as it'd be if they had 50 phones on the market. OS to OS, apples to apples.
 7 years ago '07        #47
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
 Bronx Goes Hard said:
As far as Android taking over, there are currently 95 Handsets with another 19 slated to be released in the coming year that are running Android. Wouldn't common sense tell you that they'd eventually take over?

What's comical about it is about 5 of those devices are worth owning. I believe that Android has a superior OS (customization wise, I think the design is horrible), but handset makers rush to create over-specced phones with no real sense of quality.

It really is about Quantity vs. Quality. It's not exactly like you have 95 Android Robots looking down on 1 lowly iPhone. You have like 90 handicapped, disabled Android phones and 5 ready to be forgotten by future releases.

There's problems with iPhones and Apple too and I'm not trying to start iPhone vs Android again (that will start in another thread I'm about to make). I'm just saying duh.
QFT.

04-01-2011, 09:24 AM         #48
Chillin85 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DRRRRROOOOOOOIIIIIIIDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!
 7 years ago '06        #49
LYTE 125 heat pts125
space
space
space
$14,125 | Props total: 4709 4709
current EVO owner but whats the surprise? google have their OS on multiple phones. more than 30 while apple is only on the Iphone.
 7 years ago '09        #50
McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
space
$12,908 | Props total: 838 838

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #51
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$3,990 | Props total: 5675 5675
I still dont understand why anyone should care who's leading the OS race on Phones.
 7 years ago '04        #52
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 1013 1013
 ilikefattygirlz said:
Iphone is a really nice phone but.......

flash player? Don't need it
being able to change my battery when it goes bad? I've always upgraded yearly
being able to use endless memory cards? Don't need it
not using itunes all the time? I missed iTunes dearly when I had an Evo
free portable hotspot? MyWi
GOOD widgets? That drain the battery
hackable OS that you dont have to worry about pluging into your comp or it will lock up on you? I'm not sure I follow here
can you even get your own wallpaper on the iphone yet..... Please clarify because you can

Apple markets the iphone like its a one of a kind thing, yet in reality theres plenty of phones that do what it does an more. so the fact that "It's not an Iphone" doesn't mean anything.
The thing that people fail to realize is that some people just like the simplicity of the iOS devices. I've tried both iOS devices and Android devices and Apple was my preference. I need a phone that can take decent pictures and playback music and video and the iPhone does that just fine. I use a ton of the apps and I'm honestly not sure all of them are on Android, but I know some that I use pretty frequently are not. I don't need a pocket laptop. I want to be able to check sh*t here and there, but that's it.
 7 years ago '04        #53
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 1013 1013
 FrankAndBeans said:
I still dont understand why anyone should care who's leading the OS race on Phones.
People like to say they have the best product and justify their purchases.
 7 years ago '04        #54
Houston2k3 
space
space
$4,330 | Props total: 134 134
damn ppl really hate on the iphone this much huh...
 7 years ago '05        #55
gregnice631 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,390 | Props total: 3186 3186
eh not really a big deal or feat. personally i like android, but do own apple devices. its kind of easy to beat out ios devices considering that apple has 1 phone that they release yearly while android has dozens of manufacturers using the OS who produce dozens of phones themselves. do the math.
 7 years ago '05        #56
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,924 | Props total: 10785 10785
 chronicles said:
Not really fair comparison since android is multiple phones of course it's gonna have the highest percentage. While the iphone os is only on a single phone it's not comparable.
But if everyone was allowed an iphone os on any single phone who do you think would win?
Exactly.
 7 years ago '04        #57
Woody 
space
space
space
$4,079 | Props total: 32 32
I have a Motorola Droid 2, my last phone was a Blackberry Curve. The Droid is by far the best phone I've ever had. I'm an Apple person, so I'd like to have an iPhone, but I'm pretty satisfied.
PS, BlackBerry was the WORST phone I've ever had. The OS sucks, its slow, it freezes and its outdated.
 7 years ago '04        #58
WhoThaFuk 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,907 | Props total: 575 575
In my honest opinion, the only thing a iphone has over android is the seamless ipod component. I don't use any apps except my banks, tetris, and angry birds. Thats it.
 7 years ago '05        #59
realfastMustang 
space
space
$26,585 | Props total: 104 104
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
:iagree::iagree:
 7 years ago '05        #60
nukchristo 
space
space
space
$218 | Props total: 16 16
I have had BB, droid, and iPhone. My iphone is the only one to survive due to the construction of the phone. All my bb's crash, droid the same thing. iPhone takes a beating (browsing web, sending an email, bx browsing at the same time, and the hard drops to the ground) and it keeps ticking. Sheeeit my cuz still rock his first gen iPhone. My Mac book still has zero viruses or other problems.

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
82 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
62 comments
21 hours ago