Isiah Thomas Rips Larry Bird... Again

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
173 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 04-01-2011, 11:35 AM         #81
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol @ Ike's logic.

the title part doesnt fit IMO, except for Jordan, because Bird and Magic were surrounded by not only other all-stars, but other hall of famers for almost their entire careers.
 7 years ago '07        #82
deemoney23 15 heat pts15
space
space
$1,746 | Props total: 7 7
 The Mastermind said:
I stand by the statement. From a talent and athletic standpoint Tim Hardaway was a better talent than Zeke. He was a better three point shooter, was quicker and was smoother than Zeke in his prime. Was Zeke a better leader yes, but I always thought that Joe Dumars was the best player on those 2 Piston's teams that Zeke won with. Joe Dumars was an all around player and seemingly a great guy that had a citizenship award named after him and while he didn't sink an entire league and destroy every team he worked for as a coach or gm and snitch on players in court cause of his actions.

My point is Zeke was more trouble than he was worth, everybody of any integrity that was in a position to speak on him has echoed the same stuff for years, that he's a fu*king prick and a snake. Jordan was the first to be able to stand up to him and nobody including the NBA commissioner had a problem with it solely because Zeke was such a risk and with ego's and a world spotlight on the league nobody felt he was worth the risk.

I stated he was snubbed, he was. Him and Nique both were. It ends there, though he won two rings with a stacked HOF line up. Individually he wasn't anything more than a quick scoring guard, as soon as the defense adjusted he was shut down, he didn't have the game to take over himself, like Jordan, Magic, Bird, Pippen or Drexler. Him making excuses saying he was limited by his size is bullsh*t,

He was a good HOF player, but for him to try to discredit anyone at that elite level is downright despicable, thus I truly feel that Tim Hardaway in his prime and even after 1 knee blow out was just as good of a player and a better athlete. he'd go on my Dream team over Zeke any day of the week.

I loved Tim Hardaway growing up, but the only thing he did better than Isiah was shoot 3 pointers. Isiah was athletic, was quick, good first step, could dunk, and he's the greatest ball handler of all time. Tim was a good player, but he wasn't fu*kin' with Zeke... You also mentioned they had a stacked Hall of Fame lineup Really?? Cuz his only other teammate in the Hall is Dumars who was a good all around player but he wasn't better than Isiah. You a.ssume Rodman will get voted in the next couple of years, but his impact was defensively and on the boards. The Pistons had a very good, solid team. But to say they were stacked is going overboard!! The showtime Lakers were the definition of stacked!

Like I said in a earlier post, I hate Isiah! But I'm not dumb enough to think he wasn't a top 3 PG of all time. What Zeke did in the 88' Finals against the Lakers with a bum ankle in Gm 6>>>>>>>>>>>>>> what most have ever done in their post season careers.

Last edited by deemoney23; 04-01-2011 at 11:49 AM..
 04-01-2011, 11:57 AM         #83
goodbarz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deemoney23 said:
Bird wasn't a great athlete, but overrated?? So Bird isn't one of the top 10 players of all time?

Not on my list if you had to pick two teams to go at it. Like five on five all time greats so ten players, no he doesn't make my list. Actually Mchale might been a little better post player, Larry better playmaker and with the ball. But no he isn't on my top ten.

And to say I don't kno anything about basketball cause I say bird was overrated is dumb.

He played with four HOFers.

He is top 20 but not top ten on my list which is of course my opinion.
 7 years ago '07        #84
deemoney23 15 heat pts15
space
space
 goodbarz said:
Not on my list if you had to pick two teams to go at it. Like five on five all time greats so ten players, no he doesn't make my list. Actually Mchale might been a little better post player, Larry better playmaker and with the ball. But no he isn't on my top ten.

And to say I don't kno anything about basketball cause I say bird was overrated is dumb.

He played with four HOFers.

He is top 20 but not top ten on my list which is of course my opinion.
I respect your opinion, I just think calling him overrated is going a lil overboard. Magic played with better players than Bird, but would u call him overrated?? And I'm not trippin' if you dont have Bird in your top 10, but I know that anybody you would probably have in your top 10, couldn't guard Larry legend.
 04-01-2011, 02:24 PM         #85
goodbarz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deemoney23 said:
I respect your opinion, I just think calling him overrated is going a lil overboard. Magic played with better players than Bird, but would u call him overrated?? And I'm not trippin' if you dont have Bird in your top 10, but I know that anybody you would probably have in your top 10, couldn't guard Larry legend.
magic did have great talent, but he was better than bird. magic could check him

jordan was better,smaller but could check him.

duncan could check him

worthy could check him

dr. J could check him

lebron could probably check him, but he's not in my top 10, might make it later

barkley could check him

george the ice man gervin could check him

moses malone could check him

Wes unseld could check him

those guys aren't all in my top ten either, but come on, he was over rated.

he was a great shooter, solid all star, but he is over rated to me. Mchale is the better forward and player in my book.
 7 years ago '07        #86
deemoney23 15 heat pts15
space
space
 goodbarz said:
magic did have great talent, but he was better than bird. magic could check him

jordan was better,smaller but could check him.

duncan could check him

worthy could check him

dr. J could check him

lebron could probably check him, but he's not in my top 10, might make it later

barkley could check him

george the ice man gervin could check him

moses malone could check him

Wes unseld could check him

those guys aren't all in my top ten either, but come on, he was over rated.

he was a great shooter, solid all star, but he is over rated to me. Mchale is the better forward and player in my book.
I guess we will agree to disagree, but all those players u named couldn't "check " Bird. Dude could get his shot off against anybody! Half the players u named never "checked" anybody a game in their life and he use to bust their a.ss on most occasions. Him and Magic played against each other in numerous NBA Finals and Magic never "checked" bird. As a matter of fact, Magic use to say Bird was the greatest player he ever saw until Jordan later in his career... I guess I'm sticking up for him because its sad when n*ggaz discredit all-time greats like they were just some average ball players
 04-01-2011, 03:43 PM         #87
goodbarz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah we can agree to disagree. i think magic just said that sh*t to me nice though, lol, cause I think he was better than bird.

im not discrediting bird, im just saying if you had to pick two teams, 2 guards, 2 forwards and a center for both, 10 players, i don't think he would make my list.

bird was far from average I will give you that.
 04-01-2011, 03:54 PM         #88
Chest Rockwell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 goodbarz said:
Go watch when MJ dropped 60 or whatever on them in the garden, Larry looks like he two left feet.

I'm not saying he wasn't a HOF player. I'm saying he had great talent around him, and was hyped more because he was white.
he wasnt a great one on one defender and had 60 dropped on him by the goat.. yea, so?

go look at birds numbers, accomplishments, watch some highlights and old games, then come back and tell me he was overhyped bc hes white

if anything he was underrated in that he dominated with pure skill, intelligence, and competitiveness. he wasnt blessed w speed or a 40 inch vert
 04-01-2011, 04:02 PM         #89
goodbarz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i watched him during his playing days i dont have to watch old tape my dude.

he was a great shooter, a solid all star, magic was better

it was a different era too, i think he got calls and media cause he was white. my opinion.

i mean he was a great player, the steal on isiaih alone was sick to go to the finals, he hit big shots.

i think he was over rated.
 04-01-2011, 04:10 PM         #90
Chest Rockwell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^

career avgs: 24points 10rbs , 6asts, 2stls, 50% from the floor, 3 ships, 3 mvps, and 9 all nba first teams

yea i guess he was overrated
 7 years ago '06        #91
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Isiah is just a piece of garbage that really shouldn't be quoted or anything.
 7 years ago '06        #92
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 goodbarz said:
i watched him during his playing days i dont have to watch old tape my dude.

he was a great shooter, a solid all star, magic was better

it was a different era too, i think he got calls and media cause he was white. my opinion.

i mean he was a great player, the steal on isiaih alone was sick to go to the finals, he hit big shots.

i think he was over rated.
You're entitled to your opinion

I'm entitled to my opinion that you're a moron

I'm not going to sit here and dispute what you said, you've already got your mind made up that the boogie man was out there secretly helping Bird out.
 04-01-2011, 05:09 PM         #93
goodbarz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you gonna call me an idiot when your bias as a celtics fan...

idiot
 7 years ago '04        #94
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,190 | Props total: 3339 3339
Hardaway better then Zeke???!!! On what planet? If it wasn't for Isiah, Timmy would have had noone to model his game after. Timmy didn't lead his team to sh*t for him to be so "great". He was a good player for his generation. Thomas is a great player for all generations a.k.a. A fu*kING LEGEND! Only way you can think Timmy is better is because you didn't watch Thomas, but take it from me and the rest of us who know about dude, Tim Hardaway is not in the same class as Isiah Thomas!! Mention Zeke with the GREATS next time please!!
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago