Mar 30 - 70 metal books found in Jordan cave could change our view of Biblical history

most viewed right now
 Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
202 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NCAAF Georgia LB Natrez Patrick was arrested for this amount of weed
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
96 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #81
frankfmoney 10 heat pts10
space
space
$1,382 | Props total: 1 1
Where to start?

SkateboardT said:
...an old book? no sh*t?

what major religions aren't based on ancient texts oh wise one?
And no sh*t back to you. I said the discovered book was an just an old book. Idiot.

CuZzA said:
Funny, there are plenty of other writings that date back to around the time Jesus was alive, and they're not even in the Bible. Check out the writings of Josephus. He wasn't even a Christian
Again with this. Writings, writings, writings. That's all they are. I have no reason to take any writing as fact. Again, no proof that Jesus was alive because people were writing about him. Jesus may have been a metaphor altogether. A colloquial term used back then, but how would I know unless it was written in one of them old backs that it was. Then I'd have to believe those same old texts. You see the circle I'm about to repeat?

CuZzA said:
Says who?
Surely if what these guys were writing back in the day were just lies, then somebody else must have written something down to say they were lying?
If I write down now that 9/11 was actually the result of tigers throwing chocolate bars at the World Trade Center, and I start claiming this to be 100% true, there's going to be a lot of people who would say otherwise, and tell other people not to listen to me.
And yet, in this Biblical instance, we're still awaiting evidence of the contrary.
So you're making the a.ssumption that early Christian adopters did not have the amount of authority or power to rid the continent of blasphemous writing. These days it would be damn near impossible to rid the world of any writing. We have the technology to mass produce or send information anywhere you'd like. of course someone would find a counterargument to your argument somewhere (unless you wrote it somewhere where no one can ever read it. Which leads to another thing, if there were never any writings denouncing what was said in the Bible from that time frame, it was more then likely kept from public. Hell, even the Apostles kept their books from each other, what with all the contradictions.

CuZzA said:
Yeshua is the Hebrew name, and its English spelling is 'Joshua.'
Iesous is the Greek transliteration of the Hebrew name, and its English spelling is 'Jesus.' Thus, the names Joshua and Jesus are essentially the same; both are English pronunciations of the Hebrew and Greek names for the Lord.

Yeah, I fu*ked this one up. I meant Jesus Christ, with Christ being a false name. As I'm sure you know, it was a title. +1 for you!

CuZzA said:
What are you talking about? Do you even know what the New Testament is?
The gospels are the writings of the life of Jesus, and the others are just letters to people. cities, churches etc. proclaiming the name of the Lord.

So yeah, you're right, quite a bit of the New Testament was written a few decades (not centuries) after Jesus' existence, but of course it was. That wasn't even the point you were trying to make. For example, Paul's letters were ones written to people whilst he was imprisoned. But what you were trying to say - because you don't know your Bible - was that the entire New Testament were about the writings and life of Jesus, and because 'most of it' was written 'so long after' the events happened, you can't take them seriously.

Yet, you believe in Julius Caesar, don't you? I find that quite strange, if by your logic on Biblical writings is something we should all follow, seeing as there are only 10 manuscripts (compared to the thousands of New Testament ones) of his existence, of which were written after a much longer period than those belonging to the Bible.

The Bible isn't as flawed as you think it is, and your argument has a lot more holes in it than you think it does.
A few decades is the shortest with centuries being the longest. It's possible for it to be either, but you choose decades because it makes the Bible more believable. I understand.

Next, you quote me wrong. I said quite a bit of it, not most of it or so long after. Unless you were paraphrasing which, of course, is taking my words out of context. Ah hell you quoted me and still took my words out of context. Anyhow, I find remembering the exact words of Jesus decades to centuries later kind of unacceptable. It's the "Word of God" yet how am I to believe this.

As for the Julius Caeser argument, I don't feel like arguing that point so here you go . As I said before, it's just early writing and I could never tell, but at least I he wrote things himself and I know what he looks like. Gotta count for something. Then again I'm just taking other peoples' word for it.

tl;dr: The Bible is a bunch of fairy tales.

Nyse03 said:
Its like talking to babies...or people who dont speak your language its pointless...if the Messiah wanted anything to do with them then they would know him...but lemme ask you; whats your nationality bro?

Space 2020 said:
What if statements are so full of fallacy.

Good sh*t your a true scholar.

What if z?
What if y?
What if x?

see what I'm doing? what if pokemon were real 2000 years ago??
Your point being? I'd take you more seriously if your grammar wasn't so bad.

CuZzA said:
Psalm 14
1 The fool[a] says in his heart,
“There is no God.”

My nationality? British.
Quoting the Bible means nothing.

CuZzA said:

I didn't say that. I respect people of most religions, but atheists 'tend' to be less informed and take a view of life of which doesn't have any impact on the way that they live.

And no doubt there are some atheists out there who do believe in God, but choose not too because they know if they did, they'd have to do something about it.

But what they don't know is that with the gospel, you're free in Christ. Christianity really isn't a list of do's and don't's, it's liberty.
Liberty? Riiiight. More like an absence of liberty. You must do this and can't do that. I understand it's well intentioned, but unless you interpret the Bible in your own way there is now liberty.

Nyse03 said:
I have to get this one thing across to you...Christ said many would come in his name saying they are the Christ...but they are all false...basically showing you Christianity in a nutshell with all of its divisions claiming to be teaching the true doctrine of Christ...but they are not...not Catholics...not Baptists...not Mormons...not Jehovahs Witnesses...not Lutherans...not Methodists...not 7th Day Adventists...none bruh

With that said dont look at what they do and think thats what following Christ is...they all have their own agenda...Timothy says the LORD is not the author of confusion...so why all this division? Thats what so called "religion" does...the wicked just continue to divide themselves while the righteous are aware of these things
Quoting the Bible yet again.Why do Christians always believe quoting the Bible helps their argument? "Because the Bible is historical fact!"

Furthermore -

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #82
space
space
 TCalico87 said:
His scholars were not hebrew and greek scholars. They translated from another English version of the scriptures. King James had them add and take away lots of stuff. The most notable one would be giving 10%. Thats not in the original scriptures. All these taxes are not in the orginal scriptures.
You should learn about John Wycliffe my friend.
That's another thing. So many things were taken out and put in the Bible it's insane that you followers take it as fact. It's a book that'll never be complete or perfect so they kept changing the sh*t.
 7 years ago '06        #83
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,904 | Props total: 25790 25790
 CuZzA said:
Psalm 14
1 The fool[a] says in his heart,
“There is no God.”

My nationality? British.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. ...
 7 years ago '05        #84
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,432 | Props total: 2905 2905
 frankfmoney said:
That's another thing. So many things were taken out and put in the Bible it's insane that you followers take it as fact. It's a book that'll never be complete or perfect so they kept changing the sh*t.
I know EXACTLY why you dont have understanding and thats okay...everything you quote you are doing it with a heavy misunderstanding...but like i wont waste my time speaking with a newborn child...i will not address u anymore...you are incappable no matter what points you try to bring forth
 7 years ago '10        #85
space
space
 Nyse03 said:
I know EXACTLY why you dont have understanding and thats okay...everything you quote you are doing it with a heavy misunderstanding...but like i wont waste my time speaking with a newborn child...i will not address u anymore...you are incappable no matter what points you try to bring forth
Sure you do.

And you're bringing no points forth sooo... agreed. No more responses.
 7 years ago '08        #86
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23333 23333
2012 my a.ss

I been hearing its the end of days since I was like 7 at church b. I'm 21 now. How the fu*k we in the end of days but these mufu*kas just continue to come. Except the L like I did breh. He aint comin back b.
 7 years ago '09        #87
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
 7 years ago '10        #88
space
space
 SkateboardT said:
the difference between bad atheists and good believers....I'll just let you believe what you want to believe. hopefully god finds you sooner than later...but you're going to take probably an hour and a half to type up a response like that and address EVERY member that had something to say about believing in god.

live and let live man...we should be able to at least agree on that.

you take things to literal...learn to see the symbolism behind things. besides, why would you NOT want there to be a god? I mean personally I just think the thought of nothingness after we die is incredible sad...wheras the alternative is pure love to the point where we can't even fathom it? what do you have to lose? but thats just how I rationalized things...not to mention a couple of psychedelic trips. I'll tell you that straight up...if you take mushrooms (not saying you should but if it interests you and you have yet to try them) you will come back from your trip believing in god...I can almost guarentee it.
Way to read absolutely nothing I wrote! I wrote that I was not atheist. I wrote that I was not trying to disprove God. I wrote that the Bible is fairy tales, so I see how that can be seen as "I take the Bible completely serious." I didn't say anything about there not being a God, I just think the Bible and Jesus and all that is wrong.

Don't come at me with bullsh*t.
 7 years ago '10        #89
NorCalNocturne 1 heat pts
space
space
$663 | Props total: 180 180

[video - click to view]

03-31-2011, 07:52 PM         #90
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Muggz said:
yo im high as a kite, this sh*t is amazing
Cuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh me to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 7 years ago '09        #91
ImAMonster 407 heat pts407
space
space
$37,409 | Props total: 10535 10535
Of course it has something to do with revelations...How the fu*k do we know what these people wrote that many years ago? retarded a.ss scientists trying to predict whatever the fu*k they can just to save face.
 03-31-2011, 08:07 PM         #92
BooHaggle McGee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why do all u fu*kers f!ght online about religion so much

find some sh*t to do...god damn
 7 years ago '05        #93
GoDzSoN35 
space
space
$1,937 | Props total: 0 0
sh*t might be on some Book of Eli type stuff. Might be some powerful information in there they dont want us to know.
 7 years ago '06        #94
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,983 | Props total: 4011 4011
 Thee Yung Star said:
2 of every animal on one boat.

/thread
You having a career in music and looking like a skinny jeans-wearing homo.

/yourlife

A~team said:

kill ur self bruh
Care to explain why BRUH? I'm DYING for you to display your intelligence.
 7 years ago '10        #95
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,286 | Props total: 23796 23796
:budden:
 7 years ago '06        #96
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,531 | Props total: 6766 6766
ok, they found the first fairy tale ever written
big whoop
 7 years ago '06        #97
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,983 | Props total: 4011 4011
 frankfmoney said:
I wrote that the Bible is fairy tales
And THERE it is. Thanks for saving me time in quoting and responding to your dumb a.ss. Read books by Erich von Daniken and Sacherias Sitchin. You're so misinformed but you're SO convinced.
 7 years ago '04        #98
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,168 | Props total: 1625 1625
God Is Real...bye.
 7 years ago '09        #99
McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
space
$12,910 | Props total: 839 839
boxden and white people dont believe in nothing they dont see.
 7 years ago '05        #100
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 GoDzSoN35 said:
sh*t might be on some Book of Eli type stuff. Might be some powerful information in there they dont want us to know.
Or it might be absolutely nothing like alot of the other "discoveries" we've seen reported over the past couple of years
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
85 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
41 comments
20 hours ago