Mar 30 - 70 metal books found in Jordan cave could change our view of Biblical history

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
37 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #41
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,991 | Props total: 4022 4022
 Ni2 said:
but theres also people who take it way to literal in a sense of believing exactly what they read. like jesus turning water to wine and stuff. that alone could mean a lot to me. kinda like making something from nothing, or creating opportunity. not that hes magical.
I agree with this, but could be either way...
 7 years ago '05        #42
A~team 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,783 | Props total: 1649 1649
 Storchaveli said:
Amazing stuff. As time moves on, the Bible's credibility goes higher and higher gradually. Those aren't fairy tales, I don't care what naysayers do or say.

kill ur self bruh
 7 years ago '10        #43
#JewLife 111 heat pts111
space
space
$17,768 | Props total: 7344 7344
 Storchaveli said:
Amazing stuff. As time moves on, the Bible's credibility goes higher and higher gradually. Those aren't fairy tales, I don't care what naysayers do or say.
2 of every animal on one boat.

/thread
 03-31-2011, 04:27 PM         #44
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
believer's-1 athiests- 0
 7 years ago '06        #45
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$4,215 | Props total: 0 0
 frankfmoney said:
Jesus was a person? Maybe.
Funny, there are plenty of other writings that date back to around the time Jesus was alive, and they're not even in the Bible. Check out the writings of Josephus. He wasn't even a Christian

frankfmoney said:
Jesus was the only son of God? No.
 frankfmoney said:
Jesus was birthed by a virgin? No.
 frankfmoney said:
Jesus walked on water? No.
 frankfmoney said:
Jesus was the messiah? No.
Says who?
Surely if what these guys were writing back in the day were just lies, then somebody else must have written something down to say they were lying?
If I write down now that 9/11 was actually the result of tigers throwing chocolate bars at the World Trade Center, and I start claiming this to be 100% true, there's going to be a lot of people who would say otherwise, and tell other people not to listen to me.
And yet, in this Biblical instance, we're still awaiting evidence of the contrary.

frankfmoney said:
Was Jesus even his real name? No.
Yeshua is the Hebrew name, and its English spelling is 'Joshua.'
Iesous is the Greek transliteration of the Hebrew name, and its English spelling is 'Jesus.' Thus, the names Joshua and Jesus are essentially the same; both are English pronunciations of the Hebrew and Greek names for the Lord.

frankfmoney said:
The Bible is full of metaphors and stories written centuries ago and quite a bit of it (the New Testament) written centuries after the "fact". Why take it seriously? Brush up on your own religion. Maybe you should try again.
What are you talking about? Do you even know what the New Testament is?
The gospels are the writings of the life of Jesus, and the others are just letters to people. cities, churches etc. proclaiming the name of the Lord.

So yeah, you're right, quite a bit of the New Testament was written a few decades (not centuries) after Jesus' existence, but of course it was. That wasn't even the point you were trying to make. For example, Paul's letters were ones written to people whilst he was imprisoned. But what you were trying to say - because you don't know your Bible - was that the entire New Testament were about the writings and life of Jesus, and because 'most of it' was written 'so long after' the events happened, you can't take them seriously.

Yet, you believe in Julius Caesar, don't you? I find that quite strange, if by your logic on Biblical writings is something we should all follow, seeing as there are only 10 manuscripts (compared to the thousands of New Testament ones) of his existence, of which were written after a much longer period than those belonging to the Bible.

The Bible isn't as flawed as you think it is, and your argument has a lot more holes in it than you think it does.
 03-31-2011, 04:29 PM         #46
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Thee Yung Star said:
2 of every animal on one boat.

/thread
this bi*ch a.ss n*gga keeps sh*t going.
 7 years ago '04        #47
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 1909 1909
Cool archeological find. Hope it contains some interesting information and insight to our history.

Not too interested in the religious significance since I beleive time is too precious debating and speculating on a topic no one has any tangible, credible evidence to support or disprove one theory or another. I say be the best damn person you can and avoid evil.
 7 years ago '07        #48
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Interesting
 7 years ago '05        #49
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,433 | Props total: 2905 2905
 CuZzA said:
Funny, there are plenty of other writings that date back to around the time Jesus was alive, and they're not even in the Bible. Check out the writings of Josephus. He wasn't even a Christian

Says who?
Surely if what these guys were writing back in the day were just lies, then somebody else must have written something down to say they were lying?
If I write down now that 9/11 was actually the result of tigers throwing chocolate bars at the World Trade Center, and I start claiming this to be 100% true, there's going to be a lot of people who would say otherwise, and tell other people not to listen to me.
And yet, in this Biblical instance, we're still awaiting evidence of the contrary.

Yeshua is the Hebrew name, and its English spelling is 'Joshua.'
Iesous is the Greek transliteration of the Hebrew name, and its English spelling is 'Jesus.' Thus, the names Joshua and Jesus are essentially the same; both are English pronunciations of the Hebrew and Greek names for the Lord.

What are you talking about? Do you even know what the New Testament is?
The gospels are the writings of the life of Jesus, and the others are just letters to people. cities, churches etc. proclaiming the name of the Lord.

So yeah, you're right, quite a bit of the New Testament was written a few decades (not centuries) after Jesus' existence, but of course it was. That wasn't even the point you were trying to make. For example, Paul's letters were ones written to people whilst he was imprisoned. But what you were trying to say - because you don't know your Bible - was that the entire New Testament were about the writings and life of Jesus, and because 'most of it' was written 'so long after' the events happened, you can't take them seriously.

Yet, you believe in Julius Caesar, don't you? I find that quite strange, if by your logic on Biblical writings is something we should all follow, seeing as there are only 10 manuscripts (compared to the thousands of New Testament ones) of his existence, of which were written after a much longer period than those belonging to the Bible.

The Bible isn't as flawed as you think it is, and your argument has a lot more holes in it than you think it does.
Damn Cuzza i coulda sworn u was an Atheist...maybe i misunderstood iono...but the Bible doesnt need to be proven to any of these cats...let them do them...if you know the book then you will know its impossible for these naysayers to even comprehend the Most High...IMPOSSIBLE

And NO the Jew"ish" people living in Israel are not Jews AT ALL...they practice Judaism
 7 years ago '06        #50
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
 Nyse03 said:
Damn Cuzza i coulda sworn u was an Atheist...maybe i misunderstood iono...but the Bible doesnt need to be proven to any of these cats...let them do them...if you know the book then you will know its impossible for these naysayers to even comprehend the Most High...IMPOSSIBLE

And NO the Jew"ish" people living in Israel are not Jews AT ALL...they practice Judaism
Haha nah man I roll with Christ. Check out all my posts on anything to do with Jesus. The debates get boring in the end though - Atheists are the most annoying people to talk to.
 7 years ago '05        #51
n@tedogg|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,677 | Props total: 8 8
damn them things are kinda dope looking.....
 7 years ago '05        #52
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
 CuZzA said:
Haha nah man I roll with Christ. Check out all my posts on anything to do with Jesus. The debates get boring in the end though - Atheists are the most annoying people to talk to.
Its like talking to babies...or people who dont speak your language its pointless...if the Messiah wanted anything to do with them then they would know him...but lemme ask you; whats your nationality bro?
 7 years ago '10        #53
Space 2020 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,758 | Props total: 166 166
 frankfmoney said:

So, if people write some sh*t on Scientology now and it somehow manages to survive a millenium, does that make it true and add credibility? No.

Anyway, there are fallacies in the story from the person who "found" them. And they keep mentioning that the book was in the Bible, but never refer to the actual verse or line.

There's fake Jews in Israel? Enlighten me.
What if statements are so full of fallacy.

Good sh*t your a true scholar.

What if z?
What if y?
What if x?

see what I'm doing? what if pokemon were real 2000 years ago??
 7 years ago '06        #54
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
 Nyse03 said:
Its like talking to babies...or people who dont speak your language its pointless...if the Messiah wanted anything to do with them then they would know him...but lemme ask you; whats your nationality bro?
Psalm 14
1 The fool[a] says in his heart,
“There is no God.”

My nationality? British.
 7 years ago '04        #55
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 1909 1909
 CuZzA said:
But I must ask, how can one be so sure, and in some instances unwavering, about a topic, considering there is no evidence to support or negate the ideas, concepts and beliefs in favor of or adamantly against religion?

I don't believe in man made religion. I even have a hard time coming to terms with a supernatural power/creator/god that created everything. So I am spiritual since I can feel things in what I can only describe as my heart & soul and recognize an innate desire to do good and avoid evil.
 7 years ago '05        #56
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
 CuZzA said:
Psalm 14
1 The fool[a] says in his heart,
“There is no God.”

My nationality? British.
Aww man...you know what u done did now right? they about to come in here an thrash you with non-stop ignorance bruh
 7 years ago '10        #57
daviddunn 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,782 | Props total: 2 2
:ducktales::ducktales::ducktales:
 7 years ago '06        #58
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
 matelyan said:
But I must ask, how can one be so sure, and in some instances unwavering, about a topic, considering there is no evidence to support or negate the ideas, concepts and beliefs in favor of or adamantly against religion?

I don't believe in man made religion. I even have a hard time coming to terms with a supernatural power/creator/god that created everything. So I am spiritual since I can feel things in what I can only describe as my heart & soul and recognize an innate desire to do good and avoid evil.
I don't believe in a man made religion either.

And you have a hard time coming to terms with a supernatural creator/God that created everything? Well if that 'god' can't create everything, then he's not God. And if he's not God, then I also agree that you should reject him/she/it. As do I.

See, I believe in a God and creator who can create everything. I don't limit my God, because once I do, He's no longer God. And if He's no longer God, why should I believe in this 'god'?

I'm going to give you some advice: Make sure that the only god you reject is the one that you created, not the One that created you.
 7 years ago '05        #59
xxcaliboy91xx 
space
space
space
$89 | Props total: 0 0
 CuZzA said:
People with different beliefs than yours are the most annoying people to talk to?

Right.

Idiot.
 7 years ago '06        #60
CuZzA 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
 Nyse03 said:
Aww man...you know what u done did now right? they about to come in here an thrash you with non-stop ignorance bruh
Let them
I swapped my one-way ticket to hell for a return back to Heaven. They on the wrong train
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
50 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Michael "Walking Bucket" Beasley Highlights vs Thunder | 30pts, 5reb, 4ast
74 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
116 comments
1 day ago