Busta Rhymes: “I Still Generate 4, 5, 6 Million Dollars Just Touring with No Current Records Out!"

most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
180 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
71 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #61
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,084 | Props total: 8856 8856
Busta Rhymes used to be the sh*t..........
 7 years ago '10        #62
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,887 | Props total: 21067 21067
 Phicmagic said:
To doubt Hes charging 30k a Show is insane.......I remember he got booked in ATL when he didnt have an album or single out....Just remixes and was just starting to really announce the Dilla tape he did and they said it on the radio he got paid 130K for that show...Right now hes on one of the biggest singles out with that Look At Me Now joint....

People forget when youre an icon clubs will pay you 20-25K to just WALKTHROUGH their club for 15 minutes and shake hands with the owner and DJ.....I seen Yo Gotti make 15K for 8 minutes in a club out here in ATL and I couldnt believe it...He literally walked in...Got a drink, got in the DJ booth an headed to Onyx to throw that 15k at strippers....

Celebrity means everything when you got a good management team and this guy has one of the best. People have come & gone but Busta and Snoop have remained on the airwaves when others cant even buy a deal at Koch/E1.

SMH at some of the kids on this site thinking they know half of what n*ggas are making and/or getting.

We booked Travis Porter for 8k just last April for a show(I got pics and video, I can prove it lmao).......Right now they'd laugh at me for that price.
Everything said here...

I bet the same people doubting also doubt that Lil Kim gets paid handsomely for shows.. Kimmie might not be the same person she was, but best believe club owners still remember how she had sh*t on lock in the 90's & partially in the early '00's. Icon's get all the cheddar.

That's why you start seeing them not puttin out albums like that anymore. Why you think they say this album is for the fans everytime one of them decides to make a comeback album or just make a album in general? They don't need the fans support at all, it's all a front so the fans don't have to bi*ch about not having a album. They could just retire on shows & touring for the rest of their life & put out a single whenever they feel like it.
 03-31-2011, 09:33 AM         #63
StayBlazin1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i went to bustas show last year at the norva.. THAT sh*t WAS HORRIBLE!!! i lost mad respect for him when he charged 40 dollas for a ticket only performed for 45 mins and half of it was him talkin to sum fat bi*ches! if u gona have a show for the bi*ches please let me know in advance busta is wack! and i use to be a HUGE fan!
 03-31-2011, 09:39 AM         #64
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
IF you need somebody to rap real fast you either call twista or busta
 7 years ago '07        #65
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,414 | Props total: 16131 16131
 RedLight said:
dude aint really fall off, just a slight miss step in his marketing plan

that chris brown record seems to be hot right now, and he owned that sh*t
he did murder it... but tour money has always generally been the most lucrative...why does he need to put out a new album..?? life
 7 years ago '10        #66
Troublesome91 48 heat pts48
space
space
$5,404 | Props total: 2564 2564
 billieskeet said:
lmao..
 03-31-2011, 11:44 AM         #67
ReeferStan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
one of the greatest
 7 years ago '07        #68
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,588 | Props total: 1051 1051
he might generate that money but does not pocket all of it.
 7 years ago '10        #69
MadValenciac 1 heat pts
space
space
$624 | Props total: 315 315
ni&&s aint makin milli's off of tourin....

I'm calling bluff....

touring aint too profitable...just sayin'...at least the venues he be "selling out"
 7 years ago '08        #70
tOnerz 2 heat pts
space
space
$437 | Props total: 50 50
make a n*gga say hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

[video - click to view]

03-31-2011, 02:03 PM         #71
U_Turn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigbarcelona said:
First, I seriously and I mean seriously doubt Busta is charging $30,000 a show. Unlike some rappers out here cough***Drake***cough that don't even have a catalogue or pot to p!ss in when it comes to their catalogue, Busta literally got hits... after hits... after hits and that can't even be disputed, because when you at a club whether urban or upscale, chances are you're going to hear his sh*t. Even on his albums that he has not been at the top of his form, that n*gga can off with a good a.ss single and guess what??? Still touring as if he was relevant. In conclusion... you got it be naive, clueless, hating or stupid to believe that he don't make that much money.

Last... "Before money became the thing nig*as was really able to capitalize on, the respect of the bars and the punchline and the metaphor was what gave you your rank in the street. And that competitive nature is what warranted and commanded whatever you could receive in return."

That sh*t is the truth... because during that time, hip hop was at the top of it's game. Rappers weren't being praise on dumb sh*t like image, or how much money you got... it was simply about whether you can spit and who was kicking the nicest and hardest and hottest sh*t out there. It was about muthafu*kas putting out quality albums and making sure they weren't dropping garbage. Hell, anybody that sounded wack or had no talent, couldn't make it no matter who you fu*k with. Today, can any of this rappers say that??? Are they even putting any effort or thought or creativity into the music? From that era that Busta came off, countless legends and geniuses came out. If you were a hip hop fan growing up or just young listenig to this sh*t... it was the best fu*king time ever! It was a musical paradise for the ears and the mind. It was just a great and memorable time for being both young and simply enjoying amazing and incredible music. Damn, when I think about that era, I just get digusted at what I see and hear from this clown a.ss pussies that call themselves rappers! Today, the same music that I love... I fu*king hate! It blows, it sucks and it is just a sad mess to hear. Can we even say that this rappers today are close to being that nice??? Can we honestly see another golden era in hip hop??? Nope... not even the hottest rappers out there can hold a candle to those n*ggas or are even taking the time in doing so. That sh*t indeed is the truth!
:agreement6:
 7 years ago '10        #72
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,284 | Props total: 23793 23793
that fate of the world beat is nice
 7 years ago '08        #73
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23326 23326
n1ggas are really doubting busta is eating well off touring?

[video - click to view]

but he aint cakin?

Last edited by Arson; 03-31-2011 at 02:30 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #74
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 177 177
when you get about 6 , 7, 8 albums deep

you should be able to cake off touring alone for the rest of your life...
 7 years ago '05        #75
assanlb 
space
space
$851 | Props total: 56 56
I dont think Busta ever fell off. People dont hear from you in a year or two, they think you fell off. Nah, n*ggas have family and sh*t to take care of. Busta always found ways to stay relevant in the game. If his album wasnt the hottest, you best believe two to three singles off of it was. Go back and take a look at how many other artist songs he k!lled. Too many to count. Ive been to one of his shows about 6 years ago. His concerts are way better than 99% of rappers today.
 03-31-2011, 05:58 PM         #76
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOL at the guy who says Touring isnt profitable.....Are you kidding me? Artists dont make money off anything in todays world besides the tour!

Why the fu*k do you think you got n*ggas holding off from signing deals but doing 150+ shows a year?!

I think people just hate the idea of someone doing ANYTHING halfway decent...If this thread was a fail for busta and he was goin broke you all would get your rocks off posting gif's. If this thread said busta inherited 40 billion you'd just go "LIES LIES LIES".

Just cause your life sucks dont mean everyone elses does....n*ggas eatin ,you arent.
 7 years ago '04        #77
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,124 | Props total: 4522 4522
 billieskeet said:
dont mention the two together because

twista just rhymes and word that rhymes whereas busta makes sense with rhyming words.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
18 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
274 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago