Rick Ross Revisits 50 Cent Feud, "The Mob Bosses Always Get Whacked At The End"

most viewed right now
 190
 Video inside k dot kicks w**** girl off stage for n****
223 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 125
OT Golfer Attempts To Kiss Friend After Tournament Win, S..
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 120
 6ix9ine arrested in brooklyn
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 100
Video inside AR-AB - Rivals (Cassidy Diss) (Official Music Video)
43 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
8794 pageviews
126 comments


SM 39057 heat pts39057
space
space
space
$133,649 | Props total: 87646 87646
Rick Ross Revisits 50 Cent Feud, "The Mob Bosses Always Get Whacked At The End"
 

 

Southern rap star Rick Ross opens up about his motivation behind striking first during his infamous feud with 50 Cent two years ago in the new issue of RESPECT magazine.

Speaking with renowned rap journalist Elliott Wilson, Ross justified going after the "bully" in 2009.

"It boiled down to what really was going on. It wasn't nothing at the time that was personal against 50 Cent, but he was attacking people, and began attacking people closer and closer to me, to a point where I had to make a decision. I felt I was gonna be next on that list. So I took the offensive." (RESPECT)

Ricky Rozay also pointed out why he struck first before allowing 50 an opportunity to get at him on wax.

"N*ggas gotta study history. The mob bosses always get whacked at the end. Sometimes by someone of lesser value, of lesser importance, you feel me? So, on that note, you gotta understand there's always n*ggas that's willing to make that sacrifice on some real sh*t. When you really step out there, and you want to get into some sh*t, you've got to be on your A-game. My goal is to deliver hit records. But don't get it mistaken, we are the muscle--we are the muscle." (RESPECT)

Last summer, Ross spoke on moving past his issues with 50.

"That's the beauty of art," Ross told us. "You can take it and channel it any way you want to. Of course, I realize I put a lot of pollution out there as well that I wouldn't this year. That was a part of me learning. I'll forever be attracted to some form or fashion of war. I feel it's competitive but at the same time, I'm focused on my numbers. I'm focused on my business. I'm focused on my brand. I wanna see other things blossom around me, versus back-and-forth with nothing. For the most part, I feel when you prioritize your business, that's the result -- that's the advice I've been given for so long. I'm trying it out." (MTV)

A month prior, 50 said he never reached out to form a truce with Ross.

"I never had a conversation with him. My focus shifted during that record. A lot of times, earlier in my career, I was competing with artists because that was what I loved about hip-hop: The idea that battling someone was necessary to defend your spot and you had to take on all challengers -- so I did that constantly. No one thinks that way now and everyone looks at me like I'm the Broad Street Bully. The younger kids coming up missed that time frame, and even the conscious rap is gone too. The stuff that Common Sense and Talib Kweli and Mos Def were rhyming about. What was socially conscious and responsible about the music has been replaced by hipster kids in skinny jeans and mohawks. Of course, that's always been around, but it was usually confined to the Village. Artists have always had the opportunity to influence the culture, but now it's the other way around: They're trying to look like their audience to attract their audience. Now you can't tell the difference between a Led Zeppelin fan and a hip-hop fan." (Los Angeles Times)

Rick Ross initiated a beef with 50 Cent in early 2009 after dropping his Deeper Than Rap single, "Mafia Music," calling out the G-Unit rapper.


[pic - click to view]

 Rick Ross Revisits 50 Cent Feud, "The Mob Bosses Always Get Whacked At The End" | SOHH.COM

126 comments for "Rick Ross Revisits 50 Cent Feud, "The Mob Bosses Always Get Whacked At The End""

 7 years ago '05        #2
Danger Zone 60 heat pts60
space
avatar space
space
$35,166 | Props total: 21474 21474
Rozay took the L & been winning ever since


Bawse
 7 years ago '05        #3
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,163 | Props total: 786 786
 SM said:

Southern rap star Rick Ross opens up about his motivation behind striking first during his infamous feud with 50 Cent two years ago in the new issue of RESPECT magazine.

Speaking with renowned rap journalist Elliott Wilson, Ross justified going after the "bully" in 2009.

"It boiled down to what really was going on. It wasn't nothing at the time that was personal against 50 Cent, but he was attacking people, and began attacking people closer and closer to me, to a point where I had to make a decision. I felt I was gonna be next on that list. So I took the offensive." (RESPECT)

Ricky Rozay also pointed out why he struck first before allowing 50 an opportunity to get at him on wax.

"N*ggas gotta study history. The mob bosses always get whacked at the end. Sometimes by someone of lesser value, of lesser importance, you feel me? So, on that note, you gotta understand there's always n*ggas that's willing to make that sacrifice on some real sh*t. When you really step out there, and you want to get into some sh*t, you've got to be on your A-game. My goal is to deliver hit records. But don't get it mistaken, we are the muscle--we are the muscle." (RESPECT)

Last summer, Ross spoke on moving past his issues with 50.

"That's the beauty of art," Ross told us. "You can take it and channel it any way you want to. Of course, I realize I put a lot of pollution out there as well that I wouldn't this year. That was a part of me learning. I'll forever be attracted to some form or fashion of war. I feel it's competitive but at the same time, I'm focused on my numbers. I'm focused on my business. I'm focused on my brand. I wanna see other things blossom around me, versus back-and-forth with nothing. For the most part, I feel when you prioritize your business, that's the result -- that's the advice I've been given for so long. I'm trying it out." (MTV)

A month prior, 50 said he never reached out to form a truce with Ross.

"I never had a conversation with him. My focus shifted during that record. A lot of times, earlier in my career, I was competing with artists because that was what I loved about hip-hop: The idea that battling someone was necessary to defend your spot and you had to take on all challengers -- so I did that constantly. No one thinks that way now and everyone looks at me like I'm the Broad Street Bully. The younger kids coming up missed that time frame, and even the conscious rap is gone too. The stuff that Common Sense and Talib Kweli and Mos Def were rhyming about. What was socially conscious and responsible about the music has been replaced by hipster kids in skinny jeans and mohawks. Of course, that's always been around, but it was usually confined to the Village. Artists have always had the opportunity to influence the culture, but now it's the other way around: They're trying to look like their audience to attract their audience. Now you can't tell the difference between a Led Zeppelin fan and a hip-hop fan." (Los Angeles Times)

Rick Ross initiated a beef with 50 Cent in early 2009 after dropping his Deeper Than Rap single, "Mafia Music," calling out the G-Unit rapper.

truest sh*t 50 said thats a real hip hop quotable
 7 years ago '04        #4
nitetrain8601 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$15,540 | Props total: 5049 5049
Ross lost but won since. 50 spoke some Gospel though
 7 years ago '08        #5
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,469 | Props total: 3435 3435
Why should you be able to tell the difference between a Led Zepplin fan and 50 fan?
sh*t's about the music.
n*ggas don't realize they're STILL focused on the image.
Smh.


Last edited by Imagin3; 03-30-2011 at 01:06 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #6
W24x55 61 heat pts61
space
avatar space
space
$13,009 | Props total: 14772 14772
crazy how ross never let that CO sh*t get in the way of his career. he just kept sh*t moving and worked right through the adversity. i have to respect that.
 7 years ago '05        #7
Flatbush85 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$14,667 | Props total: 1379 1379
 Imagin3 said:
Why should you be able to tell the difference between a Led Zepplin fan and 50 fan?
sh*t's about the music.
n*ggas don't realize they're STILL focused on the imaged.
Smh.
Shut the fu*k up n*gga
 7 years ago '04        #8
DJ Maximum|M 51 heat pts51
space
avatar space
space
$44,339 | Props total: 15052 15052
its funny that Ross overcame what couldve been a career ending exposure but his music got better and better 50 Cent really lost because of the music that was made talk about a downgrade. and ross last album sold more than his
 7 years ago '10        #9
A.Dot789 1067 heat pts1067
space
avatar space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 10138 10138
 FrostyNug24 said:
crazy how ross never let that CO sh*t get in the way of his career. he just kept sh*t moving and worked right through the adversity. i have to respect that.
Respect the fact that he is the biggest fraud in hip hop period, bullsh*tting his way through things?
 7 years ago '05        #10
Dun Language 4062 heat pts4062
space
avatar space
space
$79,346 | Props total: 39655 39655
whats good with ross and his love for the mob ?

if gotti and all those mob dudes were alive they'll spit in his face and call him a mooligon

he makes good music but dude needs to really start being himself

and fifty spoke some true sh*t. that skinny jean mohawk sh*t was kept in the village

its crazy i lived in nyc all my life and never been to the village
 7 years ago '06        #11
ClevelandRay 
space
avatar space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
 Imagin3 said:
Why should you be able to tell the difference between a Led Zepplin fan and 50 fan?
sh*t's about the music.
n*ggas don't realize they're STILL focused on the imaged.
Smh.
I'D LIKE TO SEE YOUR WOMAN...OR MAN, Hey to each their own.
We live in a world thats focused on image.
you act as nothing youd do or have is influenced by image
 7 years ago '04        #12
jae premier 
space
avatar space
space
$2,495 | Props total: 78 78
 Hu$tLa said:
Rozay took the L & been winning ever since


Bawse
very well said sir, bravo
 03-30-2011, 12:53 PM         #13
Lyriceater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 7 years ago '09        #14
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$49,527 | Props total: 9339 9339
 pkilla111 said:


someone tell me ross aint murder duke on this classic record
 7 years ago '05        #15
Chuck Hustle 
space
avatar space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 2 2
 ClevelandRay said:
I'D LIKE TO SEE YOUR WOMAN...OR MAN, Hey to each their own.
We live in a world thats focused on image.
you act as nothing youd do or have is influenced by image
Maybe when we were kids, now I dress how ever I want... Only a fu*king a.ss clown dresses to another mans image after the age of 20
 7 years ago '05        #16
Dun Language 4062 heat pts4062
space
avatar space
space
$79,346 | Props total: 39655 39655
 DJ Maximum said:
its funny that Ross overcame what couldve been a career ending exposure but his music got better and better 50 Cent really lost because of the music that was made talk about a downgrade. and ross last album sold more than his
both of their albums went gold
 7 years ago '04        #17
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$33,575 | Props total: 3078 3078
Respectful Answer from Ross.. I came in expecting to hear some ridiculous sh*t... I can respect this though.. I wish that brother well and hopes he stays on that "I'm Selling dope... Straight off the I-Phone" I like that
 03-30-2011, 01:07 PM         #18
rafi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ross's music and sales during and after the beef > 50's.
 7 years ago '10        #19
beast mode 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$14,449 | Props total: 2464 2464
usually the cops arrest the mob bosses at the end.....that would be a win for ricky.....but he ended up losing anyway
 7 years ago '06        #20
Badnewz100 
space
avatar space
space
$4,927 | Props total: 4801 4801
I like Ross,but he had to be the most exposed rapper.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 77
Video inside Russians catching up on the the Culture too now, Jheeeeeeeze!!
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 48
Ms Vicky gives my blicky a stiffy with them titties
46 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 47
NBA BX do you agree with Scottie Pippen??
156 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 46
Video inside This was by far the best catfish
108 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside Arab girls are leveling up too(got a booty and curves)
68 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 23
Video inside I’ll take “things a brotha wouldn’t do” for $200 Alex
143 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 22
NBA LaVar Ball Argues Why Lakers Would Never Trade Lonzo Ball For Kawhi Leonard
39 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 21
May 20 - Europeans Clown US Gun Violence & The NRA - #MAGA
105 comments
19 hours ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy