Game Says "I Just Might Be One Of The Last Artists That Really Cares About Hip-Hop"

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
154 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
125 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
5826 pageviews
91 comments

SM 38153 heat pts38153
space
space
$127,765 | Props total: 66912 66912
Game Says "I Just Might Be One Of The Last Artists That Really Cares About Hip-Hop"

West Coast rapper Game has dished out his thoughts on the rap game and why he may be the last of a dying breed of emcees who still maintains a strong passion for hip-hop.

From Game's perspective, too many artists have become consumed with the luxurious aspects of having a rap career.

"I just think that every now and then in hip hop, there's a dead space so we need some substance," he tells Billboard.com's The Juice. "I think that I just might be one of the last artists that really cares about hip hop and not rap, not the culture, not poppin' bottles, not the cars, chains, broads, I just actually care about nurturing and giving back to this sort of foundation on which I grew up on, which is real hip-hop." (Billboard)

The Black Wall Street leader also provided an update on his long-awaited R.E.D. Album release.

"The 'R.E.D.' album is going to remind everybody of what hip-hop is supposed to be in its prime," says Game. "The 'R.E.D.' album will be the best album this year hands down. There's nobody putting out an album this year that will even be able to compete with the skill level-- the bar is gonna be set after this album drops. I guarantee it now from start to finish." (Billboard)

Last summer, Game questioned the authenticity of rappers portraying a gangster lifestyle.

"All these people thinking they're gangsta. And after the Rick Ross song ["B.M.F."] everybody thinking they're Big Meech again, Larry Hoover," Game explained in an interview. "Nobody really should wanna be that or aspire to be that 'cause you're gonna end up in a coffin. And trust me, man, most of these rappers, outside of me, 50 [Cent], and maybe Waka Flocka and some other muthaf*ckas, ain't never felt bullets man, ain't never had a brush with really actually having your life erased. So a lot of these rappers out here playing, man; that's just not the message I'm trying to send across no more." (Complex)

Earlier this month, Game debuted his "Red Nation" album single.

Red alert! Game paints the town red with "Red Nation," the first single from his oft-delayed R.E.D. Album. The Cool & Dre-produced banger samples ZombieNation's techno hit "Kernkraft 400" and features none other than Lil Wayne. "N*ggas would trade their soul to be Drake or J. Cole/Live and die for this sh*t, word to Tupac Shakur's halo," raps the Compton MC before the recognizable chorus kicks in. (Rap-Up)

A release date for R.E.D. has not yet been announced.

[pic - click to view]

"I Just Might Be One Of The Last Artists That Really Cares About Hip-Hop" | SOHH.COM

91 comments for "Game Says "I Just Might Be One Of The Last Artists That Really Cares About Hip-Hop""

7 years ago '04        #2
DaKidB.A.N.K.$ 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,187 | Props total: 3 3
hes right, a lot of these new artists can care less
 7 years ago '07        #3
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,368 | Props total: 15995 15995
ya know..
 7 years ago '10        #4
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
he is right on this one
 7 years ago '06        #5
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Nas had it right a while ago when he said hip-hop was dead. The Radio has k!lled hip-hop. It is over saturating the market and burning out the sound. And lets not talk about this generation of crack babies.

They grew up having no taste or understanding of music in general including hip hop. There is a segment of the population who has no ability to understand deep meaningful lyrics.

Most of the new music fans listen for meaningless dance hip-pop records, and these artist are delivering crap to get played just to maintain sales.

Last edited by davon4204; 03-30-2011 at 10:37 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #6
space
space
 kiddrocay said:
this drama queen doesnt care about it
he cares a lot more than some of these other clowns..look at what he said and its so true...

"I just think that every now and then in hip hop, there's a dead space so we need some substance," he tells Billboard.com's The Juice. "I think that I just might be one of the last artists that really cares about hip hop and not rap, not the culture, not poppin' bottles, not the cars, chains, broads, I just actually care about nurturing and giving back to this sort of foundation on which I grew up on, which is real hip-hop." (Billboard)
 7 years ago '05        #7
siggiddy 
space
space
$7,606 | Props total: 1168 1168
 SM said:

"The 'R.E.D.' album is going to remind everybody of what hip-hop is supposed to be in its prime," says Game. "The 'R.E.D.' album will be the best album this year hands down. There's nobody putting out an album this year that will even be able to compete with the skill level-- the bar is gonna be set after this album drops. I guarantee it now from start to finish." (Billboard)
 7 years ago '04        #8
space
space
 kiddrocay said:
remember this drama queen was crying in a video about the state of hiphop looong ago and still went on to cosign garbage rappers
i feel what ur sayin tho cuz
 7 years ago '10        #9
basedhiphop 
space
space
$1,782 | Props total: 0 0
smh at this whole article. first of all it's a billboard interview

second, ANYONE can talk big about "real hip hop" ... same tired rhetoric from a boring a.ss "real rapper" (by "real" i mean circa-2004 bullsh*t gangsta rap mainstream posturing)

his music and actions dont match up. his music is a.ss anyways.

Last edited by basedhiphop; 03-30-2011 at 11:06 AM..
 03-30-2011, 11:06 AM         #10
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lotta 50 d!cksuckers in this thread, ha?
 03-30-2011, 11:08 AM         #11
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Game my n*gga, but he needs to shut the fu*k up and he's tellin people that nobody should wanna be gangstas, but he bangin on records and that's what real n*ggaz like myself want to hear, GANGSTA sh*t, if you not talkin bout it, i don't want to hear it, Hip-Hop is not educational n*gga, it's for n*gga to jam in whips and it's suppose to sound good, if i want to learn, i'd pick up a book , just drop another Documentary type cd and shut the fu*k up
 7 years ago '11        #12
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,229 | Props total: 1228 1228
Best Album This Year?
So does that rule out Detox for 2011? sh*t's never coming out. fu*k Dre.
 03-30-2011, 11:18 AM         #13
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 braided_uppimp said:
Game my n*gga, but he needs to shut the fu*k up and he's tellin people that nobody should wanna be gangstas, but he bangin on records and that's what real n*ggaz like myself want to hear, GANGSTA sh*t, if you not talkin bout it, i don't want to hear it, Hip-Hop is not educational n*gga, it's for n*gga to jam in whips and it's suppose to sound good, if i want to learn, i'd pick up a book , just drop another Documentary type cd and shut the fu*k up
Why the fu*k do n*ggas put Documentary on such a high pedastool? It's good for what it was, but it sure isn't no classic ALL the way. Doctors Advocate is a BIG notch up from that album musically, and lyrically. LAX was decent, but why act like G-Unit/50 brought the best out of the n*gga when he's proved he can still make heat without them?

Dre's beats weren't even THAT fire on the project. Higher, How We Do and Westside Story go fed but the rest of the beats aren't even amongst the best sh*t he's put out in the 2000's mayne, come on now.
 7 years ago '05        #14
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
I would have co-signed game if he didn't turn his back on hip hop for the past 2 years. Game was making kid cudi and wiz music not too long ago. This dude was wearing skinny jeans and mohawks and was using autotune on every other song not too long ago. His bi-polarness continues.
 03-30-2011, 11:23 AM         #15
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Canibus is actually releasing good music. Hip-Hop is completely corrupted. Artists don't want to make thought-provoking music because they know the average person doesn't want to hear it.
 7 years ago '10        #16
YaDunno 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$527 | Props total: 27 27
 Str8 outta Cuse said:
I would have co-signed game if he didn't turn his back on hip hop for the past 2 years. Game was making kid cudi and wiz music not too long ago. This dude was wearing skinny jeans and mohawks and was using autotune on every other song not too long ago. His bi-polarness continues.
he needs to stick to his own lane, stop d!ckriding artists which are hot, and bring back that hard gangsta sh*t, im tired of seeing drake, nicki minaj and wayne on every track out
 7 years ago '05        #17
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,176 | Props total: 11711 11711
 X-NINE said:
Why the fu*k do n*ggas put Documentary on such a high pedastool? It's good for what it was, but it sure isn't no classic ALL the way.
Documentary is his best album.

DA was saved by Just Blaze's 9 min Masterpiece
 7 years ago '07        #18
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,027 | Props total: 30278 30278
I'm sure of all people, game can name thousands of artists that care still... at the very least, he can name thousands of artists
 7 years ago '07        #19
varun313 
space
space
space
$3,354 | Props total: 1084 1084
 SmokeyTheBlunt said:
am I the only that still thinks game was never shot?
oh its true he really did get shot
 7 years ago '10        #20
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,241 | Props total: 101 101
 Curtisimo said:
Read the making of The Documentary on complex magazine online Dr. Dre hands was on every fu*king song that album and I can tell because of how that album and rest of Game albums sound Sonicly.

And yes Game never dropped a wack album IMO but Documentary to me can be argued as a classic because that album was getting played by me for damn near a year while his other cd's were hot for like 10 days and I never listened to it again.

Anyway this has nothing to do with 50cent my n*gga Game puts on this gangsta image because it sells records (especially at the time he come up) and his music reflects that and now all of a sudden he really cares about hip hop. fu*k out of here n*gga is trying to make a buck just like the rest of these n*ggaz
i Agree
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
252 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
20 hours ago