Phat ass white girl for real
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
109 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #41
N/A 2 heat pts
space
space
$639 | Props total: 1 1
Ehhh my recovery blows, been on overtime for a while now and couple that with 12 hr overnight shifts... Not so great lol. Plus I decided I needed to lose more fat too. So working on keeping what muscleI do have while losing the chub. Which has honestly been easier than when I tried to bulk.... Go figure
 05-31-2011, 11:33 PM         #42
Killinit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Love your enthusiasm bro and askin questions when you hit a wall, nothin wrong with that so keep the updates comin, like how you realize there is a science to it and its not just picking random exercises like 99 percent of trainers and people working out do. What are your goals?? then I could recommend another program or tweaks to be made to your current one? Are you trying to just keep gettin stronger? or you care more about looks?? etc
 06-01-2011, 08:55 AM         #43
Sid 6point7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Killinit said:
Love your enthusiasm bro and askin questions when you hit a wall, nothin wrong with that so keep the updates comin, like how you realize there is a science to it and its not just picking random exercises like 99 percent of trainers and people working out do. What are your goals?? then I could recommend another program or tweaks to be made to your current one? Are you trying to just keep gettin stronger? or you care more about looks?? etc
Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I am super motivated and enthusiastic about this whole process and lifestyle change.

I decided that I'm going to reset the weight on squat to 275 and the deadlift to 365 because I was using a belt on those two and am now questioning the technique and form I used. Still going to stay on this program for another 3-6 weeks and if I continuosly miss again in that time time span then It's time to move on.

To answer your question and help answer mine, I'm still looking to get big muscles and strong, if both are possible simultaneously. In all honesty, I care more about the cosmetics, but as I say I would like to not just look strong, but also be strong.

EDIT: Monday I didn't workout because it was Memorial day, super stress on my body, extra healing and recovery, thought I might be developing tendonitis in my left arm, and just physically and mentally exhausted.

Feeling good energy today and really wanting to get in the gym.

Last edited by Sid 6point7; 06-01-2011 at 09:47 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #44
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
 Sid 6point7 said:
I'm going to stay on starting strength for another month and see If I can make some more gains, of any kind. I'm sure I can get my bench and OP to go up about another 10 lbs.

But I'm going to need to start looking at new programs. Enet you suggested maybe an upper/lower split or deloading type of workout. Could you be more specific?

Anyone else have any suggestions for follow up routines to starting strength? 'Preciate it.
That comes down to the frequency at which you want to train.

Upper-Lower is nice because it allows you to do to different variations of the compound lifts and train 4+ sessions a week. I've found it superior to full body and body-part splits.

06-02-2011, 12:43 AM         #45
Killinit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah let us know when you want a new routine will be glad to help you out, very beneficial to switch cycles every 8 to 12 weeks going from strength phases to bodybuilding phases and so on, both benefit each other
 06-03-2011, 02:48 PM         #46
Sid 6point7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm resetting one last without the belt and going to see as far as I can go again. I didn't use the belt last workout and I swear my squat form improved ten fold, I'm not even sure why I put it on in the first place. I'm going to do this until the 25th of June, max out one last time, take a week off when I go on vacation, then come back and start the new program for the next 12 weeks +/-.

I've also decided to go with the 4 day upper/lower split. I could use some more help though with rep range, ramping, number of sets, specific exercises, etc. Is it okay to now target some particular areas along with the core lifts?

This is the program I have in mind so I could always use some advice and input. Again my goal is to get big and strong.

Monday - Upper

Bench Press -
Overhead Press -
Barbell Rows -
Barbell Curls -
Lat Shoulder raises -
DB Shrugs -

Tuesday - Lower

Back Squat - 3-4x5-8
Dead lift - 3-4x5-8
?????? not really sure where to go from here

Wednesday - off

Thursday - Upper

Incline Bench
DB Press
Lat Front raises
Lat Pull-downs
Dips
Chin Ups/Pull Ups

Friday - Lower

Front Squat (or Hack Squat?)
Romanian Dead lifts
???????

Saturday - Off
Sunday - Off

...School me.
 7 years ago '04        #47
space
space
Upper-
Push
Pull
Push
Pull
Superset push/pull isolation movment

Lower-
Push
Pull
Push
Pull
 06-07-2011, 04:08 PM         #48
Sid 6point7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Alright so after reading that T-Nation article and really seeing the big difference between powerlifters and bodybuilders I decided I'm more interested in bodybuilding, the cosmetics, and aesthitics. I'm still interested in getting stronger though.

This whole weightlifting scene is a lot more complicated than I thought. There is an entire science to it I didn't understand and still don't fully grasp, 'cause I'm a noob... but I'm noticing there are people that have been at it for years that are in the same boat.

I missed again last night on BP at 207.5, this is the last reset I can do. After 15 weeks of following this program on point I think my body needs a serious break. My energy levels are depleted. I'm still motivated but the recovery process between workouts seems to need more time. Going to finish out these next few weeks any way I can, take a week off when I'm on vacation, then start a 12 week -upper/lower split.

I've got some more questions:

Since I'm more interested in bodybuilding, what would be the proper loading, sets, and rep range for me? Like 4x8, or 5x5, with progressive loading again?

If I did 12 weeks of power training (1-5 rep range) then 12 weeks of strictly hypertrophy training (bodybuilding with slightly increased reps, 6-12) couldn't I technically combine powerlifting and bodybuilding? How man sets should I do?

'Dis sh*t hard and confusing man, need steered in the right direction, keep it coming fam. 'Preciate.
 06-07-2011, 05:53 PM         #49
Killinit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
typically your going to want to stay in the 8 to 12 rep range if your doing bodybuilding and about 3 to 4 sets per exercise...........it is very beneficial to do a block of strength training though to really get your power and strength up and then go back to the hypertrophy or bodybuilding phase
 06-08-2011, 01:47 AM         #50
Killinit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Laduerb22 said:
your entire post is full of sh*t.
You obviously know nothing if you think that.....keep reading your bodybuilding mags, and talking sh*t on a forum..another internet tough guy....why dont u enlighten everyone with whats full of sh*t and drop some knowledge on us
 7 years ago '05        #51
Rubix 
space
space
$8,494 | Props total: 826 826
The key to establishing a balance between strength and hypertrophy is keeping your program dynamic. Personally, I switch the amount of reps I do and the weight I use every single time I go into the gym. An idea would be to keep a range for yourself and log every workout. So if you're bench pressing, have your range at 11-15 reps (I rest-pause this set..you don't have to I guess)..log what you did and next time you press, beat whatever you did until u hit 15 then start over with more weight (5 lbs usually). For smaller muscles, you can aim a little higher in the amount of reps. So 11-20 for bi's (I also rest-pause...well fu*kit, I rest-pause everything really)..15-30 for tri's..etc. For deadlifts I do 6-9 and squats I do 4-8. And if you want to grow, up your calories.

The aesthetics will depend on your genes. Some people just have round muscle bellies and some don't just as some have perfect 8 packs and some don't. Don't worry about that. Just eat clean, lift hard and sleep properly and you should be fine.

And try not to listen to anybody that tells you there's only one way to do something..that there's only one range to stay in when lifting (like this kid up here^) or that there's only one diet to follow. You're wrong..there isn't a science to it. Each program and each diet affects each of us differently. Keep experimenting to find what works best for you.

*those ranges I use are a part of 1 set and I only do 1 set per body part hitting failure 3 times in each set (rest-pause). Deadlifts go 6-9 straight then 5 minute break and a "lighter (but still heavy) set of 9-12. For squats 4-8 straight and then 20 rep widowmaker set @ a lighter weight. In case you were wondering..*

Last edited by Rubix; 06-08-2011 at 12:17 PM..
 06-08-2011, 07:19 PM         #52
Killinit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if you read what I wrote, I've never said theres only one way...if you actually read it and got your head out of your a.ss, I said 8 to 12 is best geared for hypertrophy, if you read any of my posts I have always said there is no one way to do things, but there is definitely things that are more geared toward your goals, and if bodybuilding and hypertrophy are your goals then 8 to 12 reps is best geared towards it. Of course its not the only way, but yes it is the most suitable.......and yes There is a science to it, that statement sayin there isnt just shows me you have no idea what your doing. If you dont know and think theres a science to it your wrong. I can take anyone and get them bigger gains in their strength numbers than you, in 3 months using SCIENCE....if you actually got your head out of your a.ss you would see better improvements in your own #s as well. I know more then you any day of the week
 7 years ago '05        #53
Rubix 
space
space
 Killinit said:
if you read what I wrote, I've never said theres only one way...if you actually read it and got your head out of your a.ss, I said 8 to 12 is best geared for hypertrophy, if you read any of my posts I have always said there is no one way to do things, but there is definitely things that are more geared toward your goals, and if bodybuilding and hypertrophy are your goals then 8 to 12 reps is best geared towards it. Of course its not the only way, but yes it is the most suitable.......and yes There is a science to it, that statement sayin there isnt just shows me you have no idea what your doing. If you dont know and think theres a science to it your wrong. I can take anyone and get them bigger gains in their strength numbers than you, in 3 months using SCIENCE....if you actually got your head out of your a.ss you would see better improvements in your own #s as well. I know more then you any day of the week
know more than i do? i'm an athletic trainer...what the fu*k are you?

i don't know anything about you but i can a.ssure you my lifts are just fine and can almost guarantee i lift more than you on a bad day but that's neither here nor there.

why the fu*k would i waste my time doing bullsh*t 3-4 sets per bodypart @ 8-12 reps when i know for a fact that i grow best and get stronger with a dynamic program? you can waste your time doing your bullsh*t 2 bodypart a workout split, i couldn't give a fu*k less really. but when it comes to increasing strength numbers and muscle growth, i'm confident that anybody would be best served to heed MY advice than some f*ggot kid preaching archaic training methods.
 06-08-2011, 10:33 PM         #54
Killinit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bahahahaha, I knew you must be an athletic trainer or PT who thinks they know everything cause they are in the "industry". Where do you work Kessler? New York Sports Club? Lol....I own a gym and a training company. i mentored under the top experts in the industry. I can call up 8 out of 10 of the top gyms just named by Men's Health and they will let me walk in for free and workout because they know who I am and what my knowledge is. I've trained celebrities, models, actors, athletes...Show me once anywhere in any post where I said MY ROUTINE is a 2 bodypart split? He asked a question, if someone wants to know the single answer for the best optimal rep scheme for muscle hypertrophy it is 8 to 12 reps. Should your workout be the same all the time? Of course not, but as an overall answer 8 to 12 reps is more suitable than higher reps where you will be gettin more muscle endurance, and lower reps which will be more geared towards strength. If you read what I wrote, I also said earlier that there is a crossover obviously and you get benefits of all in any rep scheme, but if your going for certain goals, some rep schemes are better than others....as far as your routine where you train to failure on sets?? You actually shouldn't train to failure...your gains would be much better if you didn't. I'm down for your wager that you can guarantee you can lift more than me. I won't almost guarantee, I Guarantee it. I'm not down to just say your numbers like you do in your other posts, lets go to the video tape. I'll upload, and you upload, guarantee I'm stronger pound for pound. Lets do squat, deadlift, bench press. fu*k it, we can even throw some pullups and whatever else you want in there to make it interesting
 06-08-2011, 10:35 PM         #55
Killinit  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and if you were a good Athletic trainer, you should know that there absolutely is a Science to it.
 7 years ago '05        #56
Rubix 
space
space
 Killinit said:
bahahahaha, I knew you must be an athletic trainer or PT who thinks they know everything cause they are in the "industry". Where do you work Kessler? New York Sports Club? Lol....I own a gym and a training company. i mentored under the top experts in the industry. I can call up 8 out of 10 of the top gyms just named by Men's Health and they will let me walk in for free and workout because they know who I am and what my knowledge is. I've trained celebrities, models, actors, athletes...Show me once anywhere in any post where I said MY ROUTINE is a 2 bodypart split? He asked a question, if someone wants to know the single answer for the best optimal rep scheme for muscle hypertrophy it is 8 to 12 reps. Should your workout be the same all the time? Of course not, but as an overall answer 8 to 12 reps is more suitable than higher reps where you will be gettin more muscle endurance, and lower reps which will be more geared towards strength. If you read what I wrote, I also said earlier that there is a crossover obviously and you get benefits of all in any rep scheme, but if your going for certain goals, some rep schemes are better than others....as far as your routine where you train to failure on sets?? You actually shouldn't train to failure...your gains would be much better if you didn't. I'm down for your wager that you can guarantee you can lift more than me. I won't almost guarantee, I Guarantee it. I'm not down to just say your numbers like you do in your other posts, lets go to the video tape. I'll upload, and you upload, guarantee I'm stronger pound for pound. Lets do squat, deadlift, bench press. fu*k it, we can even throw some pullups and whatever else you want in there to make it interesting

7 years ago '04        #57
space
space
 Killinit said:
Pretty much described yourself with this...........
 7 years ago '05        #58
Rubix 
space
space
he owns a gym guys.

but he can walk into any top gym because he tells actors, models and celebrities to lift in the 8-12 rep range for the muskels.

#swag
 06-09-2011, 12:36 AM         #59
sirnel  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i came in here to find out about starting strength.. but now i wanna see Rubix and k!llinit compete on some real sh*t.. but I know he won't do it.. :ducktales:
 7 years ago '05        #60
Rubix 
space
space
I plan on recording myself after I get back from chicago. So expect something in late july-early august. Don't get it twisted tho..This isn't for this bullsh*t challenge as much as it is for documentation.
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
146 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
143 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago