Mar 29 - More Black Men Now in Prison System than Were Enslaved

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
72 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
94 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
83 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #121
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,645 | Props total: 13748 13748
 vagangster said:
Did you consider rising above, and not being sheep in a herd? So far all I have heard on this forum are more excuses, or blaming white people. Nothing has changed.
What are you talkin about fool? I'm a college graduate. Not every minority is as fortunate as me. Take some psychology classes guy, you'll learn why the environment you're raised in has a major impact on your life.
 7 years ago '04        #122
memyselfni 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 1 1
unfortunately that number will continue to grow
 7 years ago '06        #123
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,916 | Props total: 7614 7614
“Most of that increase is due to the War on Drugs, a war waged almost exclusively in poor communities of color,” she said, even though studies have shown that whites use and sell illegal drugs at rates equal to or above blacks.
White use and sell more drugs than blacks, its way more white people in the U.S than blacks so that sounds right. So why arent there more white folks in jail for drugs? Kinda sounds like a color thing.
 7 years ago '06        #124
Vdot88 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,620 | Props total: 2 2
i suggest each one of you read Michelle Alexander's book....it's very informative. these titles and shock statements are meant to attract attention, which they clearly accomplished....and if you read her book and see how she builds and supports her argument you'll appreciate - if you don't especially agree with - the point she's making. she goes into the judicial precedents that have made it pretty much impossible to challenge mistreatment on racial grounds, the government complicity via funding for initiatives that inevitably lead to poor minorities bearing the brunt of the punishment, how minorities fare worse at each stage of apprehension (stop-and-frisk, plea bargaining, sentencing, re-entry), and she also deconstructs the denial implicit in some of the arguments people make to try and legitimize the current corrupt system.....a great read overall. it most definitely opened my eyes
 7 years ago '06        #125
Vdot88 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,620 | Props total: 2 2
also, here's the issue with ppl saying if Black stop committing drug crimes and they wouldn't have to deal with the War on Drugs.....

first of all, the evidence says Blacks and Whites use drugs at about the same rates.....but white drug users get leniency at each stage of drug apprehension (they are targeted less, get better defense, less stringent sentences, etc.)

if Black people theoretically stopped using drugs less they would still be targeted just as much because of the public/national perception of drug use and abuse being a "Black/brown" problem....

saying "Black ppl should stop commiting drug offenses" ignores the root of the problem and reinforces the notion that Blacks and minorities are more culpable than their white counterparts (and just to be clear some poor white ppl get caught up in the WoD too, which should be even more incentive for the races to link up and f!ght this corrupt system)

it cuts off honest discussion of what's really happening...
 7 years ago '06        #126
The Scenario 43 heat pts43 OP
space
space
$4,134 | Props total: 3155 3155
 vagangster said:
Why do you think they wage their war on drugs in the hood? Maybe because thats where most crime/drugs originate from ever thought of that? Please tell me where you get introuble for crack cocaine more than cocaine, they are both schedule 2 drugs under the DEA so again making up sh*t to make it sound worse. Bottom line is don't do bad sh*t, and you won't get caught up...simple right?
Bro. Simply put: Black people don't import or export cocaine.
By the time cocaine hits the hood, it's "small beans" in the picture of things.
If the "war on drugs" was real, there'd be way more "others" in jail for trafficking.

Th "war on drugs" is a euphemism for "anti-black man."
 7 years ago '04        #127
vagangster 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,161 | Props total: 307 307
 kendreezy said:
Bro. Simply put: Black people don't import or export cocaine.
By the time cocaine hits the hood, it's "small beans" in the picture of things.
If the "war on drugs" was real, there'd be way more "others" in jail for trafficking.

Th "war on drugs" is a euphemism for "anti-black man."
Keep thinking that way will get people far. Sad.
 7 years ago '06        #128
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
 Maroon_Tiger said:
POWERFUL post

im tired of people acting like THE MAN is holding them down... hell, THE MAN and his crew can barely compete for the jobs in america anymore... indians are str8 raping the tech jobs in america

sure there are big whigs making alot of decisions that are white,... and some of the rules may be insensitive or unfair to blacks but thats no excuse to commit crimes...thats no excuse to NOT rise above your living conditions or laws...

WOMEN were intimidated with less pay for decades, and look at them now... more women in college then men(not really news)... and there are alot more professional women then there were in previous decades... now women have total control of their lives

Black people need to do the same, we SERIOUSLY need to alter our cultural standards, values and mindset... its one thing for highschoolers to intimidate those from being smart/successful... but when a predominant portion of your race feels that you're an UNCLE TOM, if you talk properly or work hard in school and dont follow the flunkies, then something is seriously wrong

and im tired of the GOVT/POLICE PUT DRUGS IN THE HOOD excuse... that doesnt mean you gotta take them or sell them... just b/c corruption is around you, you dont have to be part of it

im black and i'll go as far to say that alot of black people havent done a good enough job setting the bar for success/education, integrity, and professionalism... its like we set the bar waaay too low and accept mediocre....
Truth.com
 7 years ago '06        #129
LGK 35 heat pts35
space
space
$6,667 | Props total: 1226 1226
the population has grown a lot since slavery days
 7 years ago '06        #130
The Scenario 43 heat pts43 OP
space
space
$4,134 | Props total: 3155 3155
 vagangster said:
Keep thinking that way will get people far. Sad.

Bro, I don't have a record. I have a graduate education, and I'm not reaching for an excuse.... But you're sad because I believe the truth? Get a clue bro.

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #131
assanlb 
space
space
$851 | Props total: 56 56
The article failed to also mention that there is an 100% increase in black man that are U.S Presidents, attorneys, judges, pilots and ceo's from slavery as well.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
63 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
22 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy